BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Been here over and over and over. The best place to really feel at home :)

AC in room was too strong and not changeable. TV remotes in TV room complicated to point of not usable.

The food tour was a real insight into Malaysian food culture. Met a lot of great people, the rooms were nice, I had a really good time!

Before I got here, I told someone where I saw staying and her reply was, "Best hostel in Malaysia." I thought she was exaggerating--she wasn't. Great staff, great location, great vibe. Really good set up to meet other travelers. I will definitely stay here again. My only complaint is that the AC in my room was quite chilly at night. I was given an extra blanket upon request but bumping up the temp 2 degrees would make a huge difference.

I had a great time except for the the last 2 days as they were doing maintenance and cut through the main sewage pipe so the whole hostel stank of sewage the staff didn't tell us they were going to do maintenance so it was extremely bad then that same night a guy came into the room and was off his head on drugs I went and told the staff but they didn't do anything about it they over charge on drinks your best off just going down the road and paying half the price

staff is helpful, clean and tidy, love the outdoor area for breakfast

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

it was awwwwwwsome and great place ever!

It's just very good. A strong focus on getting things right from the off, customer contact, gathering feedback and acting on it pays off. There are very small areas for improvement but this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere.

• 10th Mar 2015

Nice Hostel, good location and friendly staff who really care about their people :)

Great hostel, breakfast very simple but good, you can take coffee and tea for free all the time, the beds are big and the lockers are amazing!

Just Awesome!

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The hostel itself is really good and clean, the staff is really nice and helpful, and the location is superb. I'll stay here again, without a doubt, the next time I'm in KL.

Really awesome hostel! Nice and clean, hot showers and really close to the LRT. The movie room was an added bonus!

Great hostel big rooms huge lockers it's close to the metro so you can get anywhere. Staff is nice and they have good computers for you to use in the lobby.

Convenient location is near a subway station. The room was on the ground floor. It was clean and large with a bunk bed (single and double beds), table, lockers, towel, a sink, and a window. No elevator. Place was very comfortable and good attention to detail. Upstairs toilets and showers were better. Wifi was good but slow at times. A basic breakfast was free: coffee or tea, toast, butter and jelly, fruit. Staff spoke English and was friendly. Thevi was very nice and helpful throughout our stay.

The staff here are super friendly and helpful and make your stay really easy. They understand that although you may not be able to check in when you arrive you'd still love a shower and somewhere to rest for a while and so point out all these facilities when you arrive. The rooms are nice and big and cool with big lockers. The breakfast is simple but enough to get you going for the day. Would definitely recommend this hostel and I'd happily stay again :)

Thank you to thevi and the whole staff of BackHome! :) You guys made my first time in a Hostel a very good experience :) Keep up the good work guys!

Simple and stylish, quiet and unique. Close enough to everywhere. Good but expensive cafe attached.

The hostel is good, clean and in a good location, but for the price - most expensive hostel of a 5 month travel in SE asia- we expected something more (some rooms smelled damp, towels were not included and breakfast is the minimum).

A great place to stay, just like back home :)

• 28th Jan 2015