BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very convenient location, very clean and spacious dorms, nice and helpful staff. A bit too expensive in my opinion but hostels tend to be expensive in big cities and Back Home is definitely a good one, would stay there again. Female dorm was freezing at night but we could not regulate temperature from the room, we needed to leave the room and ask someone from staff to do it. Inconvenient when you are in your pijamas and it is midnight.

The guesthouse really lives upto its name. Awesome dorm rooms with comfy beds. Location is very central. They even had a special breakfast brown bag for Standard Chartered marathon runners like me. I only stayed 1 night for the marathon but all in all it was a great experience.

Beautiful hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the hostel was kept to a very high standard. Highly recommended for a stay in KL. I have been there twice on both my times in KL now and wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

• 8th Oct 2014

I liked the friendly and helpful staff, the comfy beds, great showers, nicely decorated common area, descent breakfast and a good location! The only thing I could criticize is that this hostel is a little bit high on the price meaning that you could probably get many cheaper hostels in KL. Furthermore I could def. recommend!!!

Pretty loud dog and roadworks. Breakfast is toasts marmalade / peanutbutter and coffee / tea...

This is my second (or is it third?) time staying here and everything was wonderful as always. Very clean, super comfy beds, and very kind and helpful staff. Good WiFi. If you're visiting KL or have a stop over, check this place out!

I had a really nice time. The stuff is nice and helps a lot. Everything was clean. Would always come back.

As two designer, my girlfriend and I absolutely LOVED this place! It looks so cool!!! We had a private room for three nights and it was extremely comfortable. Location was alright I guess, not bad but not great. We ended up just going to a lot of malls while in KL. Only unfortunate part is that they don't book any onward travel from here, so we had to walk forever and search really hard to find the bus station where you can get tickets to Singapore. BackHome's staff sent us to the wrong place.

This was the first stop on our southeast asia trip and it was great. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The only negative thing I can say about the hostel is the location is not the best and the atmospher is very mellow, other then that it was a fantastic stay!

GREAT hostel!!! I've stayed in two other hostels in KL, but this was by far the best!!! You won't find friendlier staff anywhere in SEA, the building was great and perfectly layed out for backpackers to meet each other! A Gem indeed

Good all round, location is not great, it's a short walk and train ride from the action, but all else was very good. Laundry service was a big plus.

Good hostel in KL

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent location, nice bed, and personally reading light on your bed. Most important thing : very helpful staffs. Will stay here again if I still dropping by KL.

Nice hostel with everything you need :)

This is one of the best hostels in Asia. Comparitive to a boutique hotel. The staff are amazingly helpful and this place offers great value for money. This is a great place to stay after slumming it in most hostels in Asia, it does have the feel of being back home. Chinatown where lots of backpackers go to eat and shop is really close by, and so is the train for easy access to everywhere. Third time staying here and will go back when I end up back in KL.

Super nice an helpful staff!! Really great place with all that you need! Even arranged early breakfast since I left with an early flight. Rooms towards the streeet are a bit noicy with the trafic so bring earplugs :)

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Quite simply the nicest hostel i have stayed in in my life. I wish every hostel was this good. Atmosphere was good, staff were superb. Staff had an awesome grasp of english and were very knowledgeable and willing to give advice. The design of the place was awesome. I saw them steam clean the beds after other peopke left, ive never seen this at any other hostel. I was travelling solo and it was easy to make friends here.

Excellent hostel with very welcoming staff. Don't expect too much from the included breakfast (but you can always go to the excellent LOKL cafe which adjoins the hostel).

• 14th Sep 2014

perfect hostel - very friendly and helpful staff, great location, clean hostel, comfy rooms, outside patio is perfect for breakfast and chilling out - the café next door offers delicious food and drinks!!!

Loved staying here. I had originally booked for 1 night but stayed for 3. First night in a four bed dorm and the next in a six bed dorm. Very comfortable and spacious. Clean and lovely showers. Breakfast included was great including cereals, fruit, toast and spreads. A great common area to meet people. And location was great. I would stay here again when I return to KL.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5