BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good all round, location is not great, it's a short walk and train ride from the action, but all else was very good. Laundry service was a big plus.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Excellent location, nice bed, and personally reading light on your bed. Most important thing : very helpful staffs. Will stay here again if I still dropping by KL.

This is one of the best hostels in Asia. Comparitive to a boutique hotel. The staff are amazingly helpful and this place offers great value for money. This is a great place to stay after slumming it in most hostels in Asia, it does have the feel of being back home. Chinatown where lots of backpackers go to eat and shop is really close by, and so is the train for easy access to everywhere. Third time staying here and will go back when I end up back in KL.

Super nice an helpful staff!! Really great place with all that you need! Even arranged early breakfast since I left with an early flight. Rooms towards the streeet are a bit noicy with the trafic so bring earplugs :)

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Quite simply the nicest hostel i have stayed in in my life. I wish every hostel was this good. Atmosphere was good, staff were superb. Staff had an awesome grasp of english and were very knowledgeable and willing to give advice. The design of the place was awesome. I saw them steam clean the beds after other peopke left, ive never seen this at any other hostel. I was travelling solo and it was easy to make friends here.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Excellent hostel with very welcoming staff. Don't expect too much from the included breakfast (but you can always go to the excellent LOKL cafe which adjoins the hostel).

• 14th Sep 2014

perfect hostel - very friendly and helpful staff, great location, clean hostel, comfy rooms, outside patio is perfect for breakfast and chilling out - the café next door offers delicious food and drinks!!!

Loved staying here. I had originally booked for 1 night but stayed for 3. First night in a four bed dorm and the next in a six bed dorm. Very comfortable and spacious. Clean and lovely showers. Breakfast included was great including cereals, fruit, toast and spreads. A great common area to meet people. And location was great. I would stay here again when I return to KL.

Thogh I had to get to the airport at 5 in the morning, they prepared for breakfast. I was so impressed their kindness.

Great stay! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed.

Always consistently a clean bed and AC blows cold.

Great sized lockers with locks available for hire. Good sized dorm room for 8 people and 'bunk beds' are not physically attached meaning you don't shake anyone else's bed when you get in and out. Lovely indoor/outdoor design mix with good use of foliage acting as walls. Only difficulty was occasional noise from the street outside (though you can get earplugs from reception!) All in all a great 2 night stay.

• 21st Aug 2014

Op een paar minuten lopen van de nightmarket. De inrichting van het hostel en de kamers is super! Super leuk dat de namen van de gasten met krijt op de deuren worden geschreven! Maakt het persoonlijker. Ontbijt is niet uitgebreid maar oke! Personeel is heel aardig en helpen je graag. Er is een terras op je kleding te drogen en te strijken.

• 20th Aug 2014

The mattress on my bed on both nights (but particularly the second night) was very poor. I changed rooms because I needed to extend at late notice. The springs are starting to come through. I thought it was maybe just me but another person in my room had the same issue. Other than that, a good hostel with a decent breakfast (cereal, toast, tea/coffee); enough to get you started for the day! Showers very good and kept clean!

It was in a great location to a MRT, major bus terminals and markets. The only thing are the extra blankets they supply are a little mangy- did not need as I had a light blanket of my own to use. Would stay there again.

Excellent place to stay with a modern, edgy design. The room was very spacious (you could easily fit 12 beds in there, but they only had 6 to make it more comfortable). Each beds had power outlets & a reading light. Very friendly & helpful staff. Excellent location, right next to China town and a metro station. Fast wifi and there is an Apple computer for guests to use. Spreads are provided for a quick breakfast, and there is complimentary tea and coffee. Would return there without hesitation.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Egypt

perfect hostel! nice breadfast !

Only stayed for one night but from what time I spent there, I liked it. Had a good atmosphere and the common area was great for meeting people.

My dorm was facing the Main Street (Jalan Tun HS Lee) and it got pretty noisy at night with the traffic and sirens and such. Apart from that, the hostel itself was nice and quiet and I was able to sleep well. Dorms were clean but showers and toilets could have been cleaner, in the three days that I was there, there was a lot of rubbish left behind by guests outside the toilets and the toilets could have been cleaned more frequently. Overall, excellent location, good value for money.

BackHome is the perfect hostel! Stylish, modern and comfortable with great staff members - desk and housekeeping. Though i think toilets can be a bit cleaner and toilet paper runs out some times

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5