BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Difinetelly one of the best hostels i've been in Asia. Great staff, good athmosphere, and close to the monorail. In just one word, Awesome!

Great hostel. Safe, clean and modern. Located near a key train station and not too far from China town. It's a little noisy in the room from the traffic outside, but nothing a pair of earplugs can't fix! :) Will stay here again!

I had an awesome time at backhome hostel. It's such a nice hostel, really comfortable beds and the location is perfect. Breakfast is included and simple but tasty (oatmeal, banana and peanut butter - love it). It's a 5 minutes walk to Central Market and Chinatown. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They really tried to make my stay perfect in KL. If I would come back to KL I definitely would stay in backhome again. I love the backyard and the tv room. I met great people there.

This hostel is great, fantastic facilities, relaxed atmosphere, excellent location and it has a breezy and light central courtyard to hang out it.

Our room was on the ground floor and had a very strong and unpleasant smell for some reason. Otherwise the beds were comfy, lockers were large, and showers were warm, and the staff was AWESOME at giving great food recommendations!

Top notch!!

Just a few minutes walk to Chinatown. Would stay here again, but had to take off shoes.. didn't like that

Great location, near Masjid Jamek LRT. Staff are also friendly and helpful.

Juste perfect !

• 27th Nov 2014

Great hostel. Everything is so clean especially the rooms. The team is very nice and helps out if you have any questions. The sub is right across the road, takes you two stops to KL sentral. Honestly the beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever had in a hostel. There are huge and you have some privacy. People from all over, different groups of age.

• 27th Nov 2014

I absolutely loved BackHome. I felt incredibly safe while here doing this trip by myself. The staff was so incredibly helpful and kind. I loved the area where it was located - lots of activity both day and night. I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone going through KL!

Very easy place to be, not overwhelmed by rules, and close to many things.

Best Hostel I've been to! The palce is really clean, The showers are really good, as well are the bed. Big room in the shared dorm. And the staff is very helpfull and caring. Loved it.

One of the cleanest and most modern hostels I have ever stayed at. Great staff. Free breakfast (toast, coffee/tea, cereal, sometimes fruit). You can walk to the LRT station, Chinatown, and Pudu Sentral bus station in less than 10 minutes. There was also a sink in the dorm room, which was very convenient. The showers are great - amazing water pressure and very hot water!!

Unfortunately the staff wasn`t very friendly. Seemed to be annoyed by the most basic questions. Downside: no curtains for the beds...hardly any privacy

• 14th Nov 2014

This hostel is good to stay at, no blankets provided so take your own or be cold.

Hi! I totally enjoyed my stay at Back Home Hostel. The people are friendly, the environment is clean, and it's very easy to meet people because of the format of the common room and the dining area. I like the location which is walking distance to so many interesting neighbourhoods. There maybe other hostels that are less expensive, however I believe it is better to pay a little more and still get great value for your money. Cheers! Amagi Patrick

The coffee shop next door is doing renos, VERY noisy with hammering/drilling throughout the day. Fine at night.

A great deal to get in Kuala Lumpur. The location was perfect, very near from city centre. Had value for money restaurants nearby for a quick bite. The lockers felt pretty safe. Enjoyed my stay there, meeting people from different countries. A very good hostel culture to experience in KL (much better than staying in hotel rooms with no interaction with others), and back home being one of the best of it. Looking forward to be there again if I pass by KL.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. . Enjoyed the stay completely.. :)

• 1st Nov 2014