BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It is so nice. I think it is a best hostel have been.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Vietnam

Loved this place. Going back to stay in March. The added personal touch of our names written on the door was very nice. The staff were very helpful

Great atmosphere in this hostel! Rooms and bathrooms are clean, beds are fine and staff is helpfull. If you want good breakfast order right next door at Lokl.

• 16th Sep 2013

Everything about the hostel is great, but personally I find that the showers are lacking shelves and hooks to put clothes, soap, razor, etc., which makes the whole showering and getting dressed process a bit complicated. Regarding breakfast, even though it is supposed to last until 10:00am, sometimes by 9:00am there is barely anything left to eat.

I really hope I could stay longer in this hostel. Inside the hostel, there is a open area where everyone can enjoy the air and have meals and chats. Look upon, there is a big tree. I arrived almost in the midnight and sipped white coffee under the tree. That's memory that I would never forget.

Central location, but also the oldest and smelliest part of the city; there are three public areas in the hostel, including one fairly quiet one upstairs; consistently good internet round the clock; excessively cold air conditioning in dorms (I noticed everyone sleeping in the fetal position); bring your own lock if you want to lock your locker; towels are given out on rent basis; laundry is relatively expensive.

Great place very helpful.

So far so good. My second time staying at this hostel.

I arrived in the wee hour of the morning and the security staff on the midnight shift was very helpful to get me to my bed in the shortest period. I really appreciate that.

It's not so easy to find. Very safe and clean.

There is a very noisy club behind the premise that plays dance music every night from 21:00-3:00. This was disturbing my sleep so I changed the hotel. A church is also next to the hostel, so they start singing early in Sunday mornings. Having wifi connection in each guestrooms is excellent! Even 5-star hotels in KL didn't have this service.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Japan

Thank you for providing us with such a great experience. You really did think of all those little extra things that you appreciate as a backpacker like peanut butter, movie room, powerful hot showers and a large locker.

Great hostel; friendly staff and a central location which allows you to easily get wherever you'd like to go.

Great hostel, great staff. Loved my stay here. A little more expensive than some other hostels in KL but totally worth it.

Backhome felt like a home for me! compared to the rest of KL this place was the tidiest I could find in the whole city! lovely and helpful stuff and awesome design of the whole hostel! location was awesome too cos it was close to nearly everyhting! would got there definitely again if i should visit KL!!!

We stayed here for 3 nights in total in a double room - spacious clean and with locking drawer. The whole hostel is lovely. The only slight disappointment was being charged for extras - bag storage, towels, etc, and unusually on our double bed we got just 2 single rugs and no sheet. However there were some lovely bonuses too - discounted entrance to attractions, option of local breakfast some days, free water/tea/coffee all day, huge book swap, TV room, booked us taman Negara tour. Thankyou!

A great hostel; really relaxed friendly atmosphere with great indoor/outdoor space. The rooms are clean, with massive lockers, plug socket and a reading light at every bunk, plus a sink and mirror (handy when you're heading out for the evening). A genuinely lovely place - one of the best hostels I've stopped in.

It was a lovely surprise to find such a jewel of a hostel in KL which most of the streets and public places are full of trash and filth. The hostel had nice place to sit outside and eat, had a fridge to keep the produce and the beds neatly stacked.The staff helpful with the PC and skype and the location close to the major MRT or MTR. Thanks for extending such good service to a globtrotter like me. The young man carried my lugguage up the stairs . Just delightful experience. Miriam Stevens

Good and clean hostel. Its well located but a little overpriced.

Good Service/Staff/Service