BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Loved this place! Will definitely come back whenever I'm in Malaysia. Only gripe was that the airconditioning in the 6 bed mixed dorm could not get any colder. :(

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

I stayed here 4 nights during 3 separate dates, location is good, be careful of cab drivers ripping you off from KL sentral get a monorail or LRT instead. Main road is busy and noisy but staff will provide earplugs if you request them. It's clean and staff are very helpful although my last room did smell of cheese, there may have been a cheese hoarder in the room at the time.

• 12th Mar 2014

Excellent hostel close to Chinatown, LRT and Little India. Cool vibe and great atmosphere. It's clean, modern and has all the amenities you need. Would gladly come back.

Nice hostel with laid back atmosphere and clean facilities.

Excellent!!!!!!

This hostel is a bit overrated in my opinion. It's quite small; good atmosphere and not noisy. The showers are too small (no place to put your stuff). It's not dirty but the room was a bit smelly. Not sure if i would go there again...

Really enjoyed our stay, best place we stayed in Malaysia! Especially liked the room layout and room facilities. Staff was very helpful and facilities were clean and spacious.

• 25th Feb 2014

Wifi in room worked well. Stayed on the 4-bed female dorm which was very nice. Comfy beds, huge lockers, reading light and power outlet next to your bed. Not a party hostel (when I stayed there), which I really appreciated. As mentioned before, you cannot control the temperature of the A/C. It was a tick too cold. Location is excellent, bus terminals and train station easy to reach by public transport.

Stinky room, humidity smell. Not a lot a lot of showers and toilets !!

An excellent Hostel, it has been 4 years since my last visit, and they have maintain the place as it was. Definitely worthy of the title Best Hostel in Kuala Lumpur.

Very nice hostel, very comfortable, very close to the subway and Chinatown, nice building, single bedroom with storage space and to support a notebook or other device. Lockers with plenty of storage bag or other items.

很美好的旅程,可惜只停留了一晚,下次来吉隆坡还会选择这里。

• 20th Feb 2014
  • China

Would recommend to anyone looking for budget accomm. White emulsion on walls and ceilings would make it even better

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

It is the best hostel I have stayed in. The rooms are massive and the beds are spacious with handy compartments and power points at one end. Having a basin in each room made life much easier, as did the big lockers. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The facilities are great, especially the movie and common rooms. The showers could be tad cleaner and better lit, but my only real complaint is the time it took for for the hot water system to activate. I would definitely stay again

Good place for a layover in KL.

Excellent place - a bit pricey - but one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

I booked Back Home based on location (excellent) and on reviews. I was pleased with my find. I stayed on an ectra three nights. I will definitely come Back Home next time I'm in KL.

That was a nice place to stay. The inner yard with tables was the best.

Staying in BackHome was so great even for just a night. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staffs, nice open areas. If only there's ensuite bathroom and towel hanging rack where guests could hang their towels instead of using stairs railing. But overall, this place is recommended and I would definitely stay here again in next visit.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Stayed there from Feb 7-10. Everything about it was a pleasure. Staff was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the city. My room was clean, and more spacious than I expected. The communal bathrooms were also very clean, which is a factor that would make/break my decision about the place. I would definitely very strongly recommend Back Home to my friends.

• 7th Feb 2014