BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Absolutely brilliant. Everything from the cleanliness of the rooms to the friendliness of the staff and the courtesy of the other guests was spot on. I like to party, but not where I sleep - so this place is absolutely perfect, because Reggae Mansion, which is a big party hostel, is across the road and up a bit... So if you want to meet other backpackers and have fun, then come back to a serene, friendly hostel, this is your place. Can't praise BackHome enough, and I've stayed in lots of hostels

The Location of the hostel is near to Masjid Jamek (5mins walking). Unlike other hostel, the interior is nice and confortable. Rooms Toilets are clean. Recommendation: LOKL Coffee Co is cafe just next to the hostel. I had a awesome breakfast at this cafe. Good place for you to chill with friends and hi-tea...

Laundry was quite expensive as it cost RM10 per kg. Would have been better if they just provided the washing machine and dryer.

Amazing place, very well located.

Loved this hostel. Staff was super helpful- one person even helped us order food in online! They helped me plan a day trip to Melaka, and gave us important recommendations about sites in the city. The free breakfast and coffee was great and the hostel is beautiful. Great area for exploring Kuala Lumpur and right near the subway. A lot of things are within walking distance, just be aware that since it's Chinatown, if you visit during the Chinese New Year most of the restaurants will be closed.

1. The hostel is near the LRT Station which makes it accessible to the whole city. 2. The facilities are great with lots of toilet and shower facilities. The open dining area is really nice especially for tropical climates. 3. The aircondition is working, but need to check the exhaust.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in so far. Clean accommodations, wonderful common areas (the movie room and courtyard are especially great), great WiFi. The sinks in the dorm rooms are a nice touch. The staff is so friendly and helpful and always quick with recommendations. They provide huge lcokers that fit everything, an adaptor if you request it, and complimentary breakfast. The location is great - right near Chinatown, the MRT, and, if you're like me and walk a lot, the museums. A+

Awesome place! good atmosphere, good room and good facilities!

We loved this place. It had a really funky feel and was clean, light and comfortable. On top of that, the staff were really accommodating and friendly. I've stayed in three different hostels in KL over the last few years and I would only return to this one! A couple of tips for other guests - skip the free breakfast and go and explore the KL food scene (breakfast is the best meal in Malaysia). Also, walking around in your underwear in a hostel is not ok in Asia.

stayed here for 2 nights, overall i'm very happy to stayed here. will go back if i'm near that area again.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Excellent location - very easy to get to from KLIA or LCCT airports. 2 stops on LRT from KL Sentral, then 2 min walk. Very near Chinatown, and 2 mins from train station so easy to get anywhere. Free breakfast is tea/coffee, cornflakes and bread/toast, and satsumas. Very helpful and friendly staff, and good free wifi. There is a communal courtyard which most rooms overlook, so could get noisy, but it was fairly quiet when we stayed. Only 2 toilets and 2 showers but might be more upstairs.

Maybe a little expensie but it worth it

• 23rd Jan 2014

Perfect place, good location. Helpful personell. The design is simple. I appreciate the reading light and electricity socket at each bed. The courtyard is a great place to relax or browse using the high speed internet. Perfect base for discovering the city and planning your trips. Sometimes the place only feels a bit too crowdy.

I like the common area a lot where you can meet other travellers in a relaxed setting. I also really like the semi-secluded beds where you get a little bit of privacy even if you're in a dorm.

This was a good hostel. I really liked the location. Everywhere was accessible by foot (at least for me). There was also a light rail station nearby. The staff was always friendly and approachable. The staff members were always willing to help out and answer whatever questions you might have. I liked how the facility was half open half closed. A large part of the hostel was open air and you could relax outside or inside.

hi, I was very satisfied with my stay at BackHome. The only wish I had would be cereals and soymilk for breakfast.

I think there should be more insensitive for people staying over a week or two.

You'll be hard pushed to find a better hostel anywhere else; excellent accommodation and the staff themselves are friendly and really helpful.

• 14th Jan 2014

BackHome Kuala Lumpur is the best guesthouse (hostel) I've been stayed in around the world. The staffs are really friendly and helpful. The place is clean and really comfort. I feel like home.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

I loved this hostel, would absolutely recommend it! Great for meeting people but also perfect if you want some downtime. Excellent facilities with power outlets next to each bed and good wifi!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels