BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Stylish hostel in the center of KL

The staff are pretty friendly and informative. Very much willing to share what is around the area and guide through the map at the reception. They would also respond to any request promptly.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

This was the first hostel that we stayed at when we arrived in Malaysia, and it really set the bar for the rest of the trip. The hostel was very clean and spacious and well equipped with everything you might need while backpacking. I liked that the showers were in separate stalls from the toilets and that there was always a shower or toilet available when I wanted to use either. It also seems like they really thought of every small detail, down to having soap at the sinks.

Tall room with large window. Nice accomodation at all, chilled and relaxed atmosphere. Nice staff we felt comfortable.

Excellent place. The bed was comfy, showers were boiling hot and it was very clean and relaxing. They helped me arrange some interestng activities too so I was very happy. The only thing I'd note is that, in my opinion, a sink in a dorm room doesn't constitute 'en suite' facilities.

The Back Home was a great spot for a few nights with a very convenient location and knowledgable staff. The rooms and facilities are very clean. A bit noisy from the neighbourhood which may bother light sleepers. Also, our room did not have blinds, but only slats which are mostly fine but if someone wants a peep show it would be pretty easy. The room price is fair, but we steered clear of buying anything there. Drinks are steep and laundry was the most we paid for during the trip.

• 6th Oct 2013

helpful staff, dorm's bed is very strong that you will seldom feel shaking while others are moving.

The begining wasn't good, we had took a taxi from airport to beckhome, and the driver didn't fimilar with the hostel, so he spent around 20mins circled at the same area!!After giving a call to Backhome, he finally reached it, and we had passed this street about 5 times!!But the staff at Backhome was very friendly and helps a lot. I think we didn't get used to the share bathroom, others are nice.Location was near the Chinatown, which good for rich food.

Hostel is located just north of Chinatown, easily accessible from the LRT station (2 stops from KL Sentral). Major sights are accessible either by walking or with a quick commute by LRT. Rooms have been cleaned daily, staff was very friendly and helpful. Hostel is very quiet at night, even if your room is facing the street. They provide toast for breakfast, as well as coffee and tea. If you want a "bigger" breakfast, a tiny place for breakfast / lunch is integrated in the hostel building.

The location is closed to LRT station, chinatown, and central market, just a minute walk away. The hostel is clean, comfortable, the ac is cold, and not noisy. I say this is a boutique hostel because better than other hostel. Very comfortable to stay here :D

They are very accommodating and patient, even to people who get flustered easily. :)

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Philippines

I stayed there twice already, and will continue to stay there if i go back to KL again

It's unexpected that your name is written on the door of your room. totally feel coming home. The facilities is perfect.

Good location. It is close to the Chinatown, Central Market, and Little India. It is close to a metro station so you can get anywhere.

Good location in Chinatown and able to walk to most of the tourist spots. Also near to LRT. Breakfast OK with bread and jams. Lockers a good size and the bed comfortable. Clean and good value for money!

• 1st Oct 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Backhome Hostel in Kuala Lumpur. It's a very calm and clean budget hostel which I would definitely recommend. It is situated next to the chinatown quarter and all other attractions of Kuala Lumpur are accesible on foot. The breakfast is simply but good. It was a nice stay and if possible i will come back again:)

• 30th Sep 2013

I would like to thank a very caring member of staff, I'm not too sure of her name - she could be an Indian girl. She helped me out when I was sick. It's great to see staff going the extra mile out of genuine generosity - that's what good service is all about!

• South Africa

Fantastic Staff, Great Place, Great Location

• 30th Sep 2013

Best Hostel in town!! loved it, so friendly people around nice location and clean and modern perfect place to stay in KL.

• 30th Sep 2013

The staff at this hostel are very helpful. The rooms are lovely and the whole hostel is very clean. There is also a lovely cafe next door which has nice food. Can't fault this place.

(1994 results)