BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We as deaf backpackers, the hostel were generously patient and kind with us. We are appreciate it.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful,awesome dorm with comfortable bed.

Great location. Near the coach bus terminal and light rail lines. Will stay here again on my way back through in a couple weeks!!

Great hostel! Stayed in the four bed deluxe dorm the first night and would have stayed if the room wasn't booked the next. Beds are bigger and more comfortable. Beware of room 205 (8 bed dorm). It smelled like mold in an intolerable way. They were really nice about it and switched us the next night.

nice and value hostel. we stayed just one night, but very near from LRT station and near from local market. at night u can find McDonald and burger King also.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • South Korea

This is a great place to stay at in KL. The atmosphere is very nice and great for meeting new people. The noise from the street can be a bit loud but nothing earplugs can't help with. The location in China town is within 5-10 min walk from train and bus station which makes it very easy to get around in the city. I'm recommending this place to friends.

I d stay there again

This was a great place to stay in KL. The bed was very comfortable and the hostel is in a good location. The staff up front are very helpful with what to do with your time there and how to get around with the metro. There are lockers in the room and a sink in the room is also helpful.

Had an awesome stay at Back Home. I see why hostelworld and lonely planet both highly rate and reccomend it. It is in a great location and so close to public transit. Great staff (Vidas was the best- so friendly and helpful). Note: bring your own lock bc they only provide for $$.

Nice place for if your in KL for a couple of days and want to check out the town. Also a good place to meet other travellers.

Very good hostel! I stayed in a dorm, and had the most space to myself I have ever had, with a huge locker, and roomy beds. Breakfast is great, and they are helpful with suggestions for things to do.

Such a great time here. I splurged a bit and got the deluxe room with a huge bed, reading light, and power point. The space was just beautiful. Common area was open to the outside and natural light. The other travelers were awesome. I was always able to find someone to grab a meal or a drink when hanging out in the common area. Hot water in the showers. They even had a dedicated area to dry your cloths. Breakfast was pretty darn filling.

Difinetelly one of the best hostels i've been in Asia. Great staff, good athmosphere, and close to the monorail. In just one word, Awesome!

Great hostel. Safe, clean and modern. Located near a key train station and not too far from China town. It's a little noisy in the room from the traffic outside, but nothing a pair of earplugs can't fix! :) Will stay here again!

I had an awesome time at backhome hostel. It's such a nice hostel, really comfortable beds and the location is perfect. Breakfast is included and simple but tasty (oatmeal, banana and peanut butter - love it). It's a 5 minutes walk to Central Market and Chinatown. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They really tried to make my stay perfect in KL. If I would come back to KL I definitely would stay in backhome again. I love the backyard and the tv room. I met great people there.

It was a worth stay. We would like to stay much longer but our schedule was not that long. Usual breakfast menu but great to meet other travelers. I just don't understand though, our booking was for private 2 and sharing of bathroom as defined by hostelworld that if you book 2, you have your own bathroom but we ended up with sharing of bathroom in the ground floor.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel is great, fantastic facilities, relaxed atmosphere, excellent location and it has a breezy and light central courtyard to hang out it.

Our room was on the ground floor and had a very strong and unpleasant smell for some reason. Otherwise the beds were comfy, lockers were large, and showers were warm, and the staff was AWESOME at giving great food recommendations!

The perfect hostel for a backpacker with plenty of social areas and very clean. it is in an ideal location near to China town and a stones throw from the metro to get around. the staff were extremely helpful with tips on where to go and when. i decided to treat myself to a bed in the deluxe dorm where I got a double bed with lots of space and I slept perfectly. I would thoroughly recommend this place to others.

Top notch!!