BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Such a great time here. I splurged a bit and got the deluxe room with a huge bed, reading light, and power point. The space was just beautiful. Common area was open to the outside and natural light. The other travelers were awesome. I was always able to find someone to grab a meal or a drink when hanging out in the common area. Hot water in the showers. They even had a dedicated area to dry your cloths. Breakfast was pretty darn filling.

Difinetelly one of the best hostels i've been in Asia. Great staff, good athmosphere, and close to the monorail. In just one word, Awesome!

Great hostel. Safe, clean and modern. Located near a key train station and not too far from China town. It's a little noisy in the room from the traffic outside, but nothing a pair of earplugs can't fix! :) Will stay here again!

I had an awesome time at backhome hostel. It's such a nice hostel, really comfortable beds and the location is perfect. Breakfast is included and simple but tasty (oatmeal, banana and peanut butter - love it). It's a 5 minutes walk to Central Market and Chinatown. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They really tried to make my stay perfect in KL. If I would come back to KL I definitely would stay in backhome again. I love the backyard and the tv room. I met great people there.

It was a worth stay. We would like to stay much longer but our schedule was not that long. Usual breakfast menu but great to meet other travelers. I just don't understand though, our booking was for private 2 and sharing of bathroom as defined by hostelworld that if you book 2, you have your own bathroom but we ended up with sharing of bathroom in the ground floor.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel is great, fantastic facilities, relaxed atmosphere, excellent location and it has a breezy and light central courtyard to hang out it.

Our room was on the ground floor and had a very strong and unpleasant smell for some reason. Otherwise the beds were comfy, lockers were large, and showers were warm, and the staff was AWESOME at giving great food recommendations!

The perfect hostel for a backpacker with plenty of social areas and very clean. it is in an ideal location near to China town and a stones throw from the metro to get around. the staff were extremely helpful with tips on where to go and when. i decided to treat myself to a bed in the deluxe dorm where I got a double bed with lots of space and I slept perfectly. I would thoroughly recommend this place to others.

Top notch!!

Just a few minutes walk to Chinatown. Would stay here again, but had to take off shoes.. didn't like that

Great location, near Masjid Jamek LRT. Staff are also friendly and helpful.

Juste perfect !

• 27th Nov 2014

Great hostel. Everything is so clean especially the rooms. The team is very nice and helps out if you have any questions. The sub is right across the road, takes you two stops to KL sentral. Honestly the beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever had in a hostel. There are huge and you have some privacy. People from all over, different groups of age.

• 27th Nov 2014

I absolutely loved BackHome. I felt incredibly safe while here doing this trip by myself. The staff was so incredibly helpful and kind. I loved the area where it was located - lots of activity both day and night. I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone going through KL!

Very easy place to be, not overwhelmed by rules, and close to many things.

Best Hostel I've been to! The palce is really clean, The showers are really good, as well are the bed. Big room in the shared dorm. And the staff is very helpfull and caring. Loved it.

One of the cleanest and most modern hostels I have ever stayed at. Great staff. Free breakfast (toast, coffee/tea, cereal, sometimes fruit). You can walk to the LRT station, Chinatown, and Pudu Sentral bus station in less than 10 minutes. There was also a sink in the dorm room, which was very convenient. The showers are great - amazing water pressure and very hot water!!

Unfortunately the staff wasn`t very friendly. Seemed to be annoyed by the most basic questions. Downside: no curtains for the beds...hardly any privacy

This hostel is good to stay at, no blankets provided so take your own or be cold.

I had a great stay at this hostel, met a lot of young travellers like myself, excellent location within walking distance to many attractions and close to a metro station for attractions that were far away. Security was brilliant, I felt very safe here and would definitely stay here again!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels