BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I enjoyed my stay at Back Home Hostel so that I came back for one night and stayed there a second time. The rooms are larger than other hostel dorms in Malaysia and the beds are very comfortable. Clean showers separated from the toilets.

Had a really good stay at this hostel and the shower was great! Staff were very helpful and friendly. However, if you don't have a padlock you can't use the lockers and breakfast wasn't great with little variety. Would definitely stay here again though!

I stayed at BackHome for two nights and unfortunately did not have the time to join any of their tours but the minute we arrived, the staff made sure that we were taken cared of. They had a schedule for breakfast and yet the catered for me who was leaving earlier by preparing some for me at 5a.m. On the second night, I wanted to squeeze in some sightseeing around KL and it was very easy because of the hostel's location. You can just walk to the bus stop for the purple line and get a free ride.

Backhome is the best hostel I have stayed in on my trip. The staff are friendly and helpful, the facilities are excellent and the hostel is regularly cleaned during the day meaning it's spotlessly clean. You have lockers to store your bags and valuables in, there is plenty of space to chill out and socialise but it's not a party hostel if that's what your looking for. More a place to meet people and have a friendly beer with! It's right by Majid Jamek LRT station which is really convenient.

Excellent hostel to stay for a splendid vacation. Clean and the staffare very professional.

It really is what they promise, a home abroad. Very helpful staff, see you again soon.

Great hostel in the center of KL. Very modern and clean hostel with an adjoining decent cafe. The staff were active in trying foster a very social and comfortable environment. It's location is pretty central and its not far from the various attractions. Definitely would stay here again!

Super clean facilities, staff was phenomenal and some of the friendliest I've encountered in Southeast Asia, relaxed environment. The food tours run by the hostel are AMAZING- highly recommend the one focused on Malay cuisine. Overall a great stop in KL!

Great hostel, really good rooms, good facilities, very sociable atmosphere. I didn't feel the directions were all that clear as it is actually very easy to get there using the trains. Would stay here again.

Hard not to like this hostel. The only thing is that I thinks it's wasted in such a poor city like KL! But that aside the hostel was brilliant, looks brand new, stylish, modern, clean, friendly staff, organised tours everyday and not too big a hostel either!

The hostel is perfectly located near Puduraya Station and Chinatown. It's easy to meet people and to socialise. Unfortunately they were moskitos in the hostel.

Super Hostel, zentral gelegen! Ich würde hier wieder buchen!

Amazing Staff and hostel, whenever I go back to KL I will stay here, superb place.

Loved staying at BackHome hostel. Stayed 6 nights. The stuff is really friendly,helpful and patient with guests. Really felt great staying with them and will choose the same hostel again when I come to KL. The hostel really offers you a good service and excellent rest. It's really what I' m looking for when I travel. Enjoyed breakfast as well with papaya, apples, toast with kaya, oats/cornflakes,tea/coffee all day.They also have movie room but I didn't use it.Thank you for a wonderful experience

Amazingly helpful, warm staff!! they are the heart of the place!!!!! very cool design, which overall is great, but it is a bit too cool in parts. the use of cement everywhere is a bit hard. also having the toilets so far from the rooms, and past the social area is not the best. have they fixed the "directions " on the web site yet? the part that explained which train to take was wrong.

Great atmosphere, great people, near to metro, great breakfast, wifi a bit slow. Was a great time at back home thanks for that

Hostel has a really nice homely feel to it with complete facilities and a nice cafe next to it. There's a hang-out area in the centre which is also a smoking area where you can meet fellow travel mates. As a non-smoker, I was hesitant on using the area but opted for indoors instead. I stayed in a private room at the edge and light was streaming in from the top right in the morning which got pretty uncomfortable. Wish they had placed curtains to cover the grilles.

The hostel is truly amazing. Perfect place for meeting people or just chilling. Very well designed interior, comfortable, staff is always ready to help and you can charge you laptop securely while sleeping since plugs are at the bed.

My room was next to the dining room so it got loud when people were having breakfast. Not a good place if you want to sleep in. However, if you can have another room that is perfect. The hostel is in a great location, staff is super friendly and there is a really nice coffee shop next door. Definitely recommended.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff was great, met lots of people all over the hostel who I then saw the city with. Close to delicious and cheap restaurants. No complaints, hopefully i'll be back in KL so I can stay here again.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels