BackHome Kuala Lumpur Reviews

30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I've travelled to many asian hostels and I must say this hostel is top notch. The crew are exceptionally friendly and it makes you at home. Would go again for the comfort and friends I made there (the staffs) eventhough there's not much attractions in K.L.

Really good hostel with a great atmosphere. I was only there one night and met loads of people which was great. Near lots of good food places and really easy to get to from KLIA2. Staff were informative and friendly. Free breakfast was good too. Would 100% stay again.

Lovely hostel near Chinatown. Staff are incredibly nice. The description on the site to hostel is a bit off but found it eventually. My room was on the ground floor and I used the downstairs shower and toilet facilities which lack tiny bit of space to hang your clothes without it getting wet. We went to rooftop bar of neighbouring hostel which was recommended by a staff member. It was really nice. Overall experience was great!

This was my third stay at Backhome. I really like staying here and I will be back. One thing that disappointed me on my stay this time was that I asked to have a taxi for 4:45 in the morning and I was told it would be ordered but it never was. This caused me to miss my train to the airport and I had to rush to get to my flight on time.

• 7th Apr 2015

Just a great hostel in every sense! It's the first one I've seen with a couple's dorm. The furnishings are great and it frankly looks like it's straight out of a design magazine.

Top, top facilities - great patio, comfortable beds, clean and great atmosphere. Was the absolute best hostel I stayed at during my travels in Malaysia and Singapore. Highly recommended

Loved this place!! Great design and really well thought out. I definitely recommend this for anyone visiting KL. Really easy to meet new people, comfortable rooms, felt very safe and a perfect central location. The internal courtyard was a nice little sanctuary. Thanks for the enjoyable stay!

it was a average spot. kinda pricy

very beautiful and clean Hostel. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. I checked out very early, they even prepared a free breakfast for me at 6am! Great atmosphere with a lot of nice traveller. The TV room is a Great Place to relax after a long day. Lot of books available to swap, especially travel books. Great showers! Would definitely stay there again :)

Been here over and over and over. The best place to really feel at home :)

Great hostel

AC in room was too strong and not changeable. TV remotes in TV room complicated to point of not usable.

Take the food tour it was amazing

The food tour was a real insight into Malaysian food culture. Met a lot of great people, the rooms were nice, I had a really good time!

Before I got here, I told someone where I saw staying and her reply was, "Best hostel in Malaysia." I thought she was exaggerating--she wasn't. Great staff, great location, great vibe. Really good set up to meet other travelers. I will definitely stay here again. My only complaint is that the AC in my room was quite chilly at night. I was given an extra blanket upon request but bumping up the temp 2 degrees would make a huge difference.

I had a great time except for the the last 2 days as they were doing maintenance and cut through the main sewage pipe so the whole hostel stank of sewage the staff didn't tell us they were going to do maintenance so it was extremely bad then that same night a guy came into the room and was off his head on drugs I went and told the staff but they didn't do anything about it they over charge on drinks your best off just going down the road and paying half the price

staff is helpful, clean and tidy, love the outdoor area for breakfast

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

it was awwwwwwsome and great place ever!

Eines der schönsten Hostels bis jetzt. Jeder hat ein riesiges Bett mit kleiner Abstellfläche, Licht

It's just very good. A strong focus on getting things right from the off, customer contact, gathering feedback and acting on it pays off. There are very small areas for improvement but this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere.

• 10th Mar 2015