BackPacker's Republic Reviews

Street Chaykovskogo, 37, St Petersburg, Russia

Can't think of a better way to run a hostel. Everything was just perfect, and I hope to come back some day.

I really enjoyed my stay at Backpacker's Republic and mainly because of the staff, they're fun and cheerful, that even when we had communication problems, it was still a fun conversation :-) The hostel also has a cheery look that it's quite refreshing.

Great atmosphere in this hostel. The way it's run really makes you feel at home. As the hostel is quite small and people hang out in the kitchen a lot, it's easy to get in contact with the other travellers and exchange experiences. We'd definitely come back there!

• 27th Aug 2013

Staff is friendly but disorganised when it comes to managing reservations. They seemed totally confused when we arrived & it took them a while to find our booking. At 1st, we thought we couldn't stay. Despite the weird start, we had a fantastic time there. Friendly atmosphere with people from all over the world who want to socialise. Pink rooms look so cute & bathrooms are quite luxurious for a hostel. Beds are comfy & good quality (no squeaking). It was super quiet at night even in an 8 bed.

• 26th Aug 2013

A very friendly hostel with people from all over the world.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Romania

I stayed there for two weeks. The stuff is amazing, helpful and a lot of fun. We even drank vodka together! I met a lot of other travelers but somehow still had some privacy and peace of mind. The breakfast included is a great plus. I checked 'average' for security as non of the doors are locked at any time of day

The staff were fantastic- friendly, helpful,always went 'the extra mile' for their guests. It was super clean and the breakfast was good with real eggs too! But the hostel itself is cramped with a tiny kitchen and sitting room facilities consist of three child's beanbags decoratively arranged against the wall in the entrance.

The BackPacker's Republic was easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in - the facilities were great, the place was very clean and cozy, the staff was friendly - I can't say enough good things about it! I will definitely be returning during my next trip to St. Petersburg.

All the staff at Backpacker's Republic made my stay in St. Petersburg a breeze. They gave me great recommendations of places to eat and things to do. I particularly liked the freshly made Russian pancakes in the morning and the homely feel of the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2013

This is a really new hostel but it's really well set up! Veronika and the team do an amazing job, including making breakfast for everyone! It's a small, homely hostel, they only thing that could be improved is more toilets/showers. :)

BackPacker's is a clean, spacious and quiet hostel. They also have a great complimentary breakfast -- definitely would stay here again!

Our stay in your hostel was perfect. We really appreciated how clean it was. The staff were very nice and helpful. The little details such as the sentences on the kitchen walls or the postcard that was given to us at the end and the icture we took together were very nice. Maybe just repair the locker of the shower near the entrance and it would be perfect. Good luck for the future, your hostel is really nice !!!

• 15th Aug 2013

One of the best hostel i ever see. Nice place, nice people and beautiful city !

• 12th Aug 2013

We stayed in the private double room & experience exceeded our expectations! Despite being in the same price bracket as a 3star hotel, all areas of this little trendy hostel surpass all hotels of this class with ease. The décor of the whole hostel was modern, colourful and very clean. The location of the hostel was very central.The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. We give our experience there all our thumbs up and we definitely recommend this little gem to everybody!

A very charming hostel where you feel like home.

Three goddess of friendship.. The girls' power.. You will feel yourself as if you were at home.. You can ask for anything you need from the beautiful three managers of the hostel. Do not hesitate when you want to come to stay in st petersburg..

Very good place to stay. Nicely located, clean, quiet and cozy. Definitely recommend!

Super-friendly and helpful attitude of the personnel. They will make you feel like home from the moment you arrive. The hostel is close to the downtown and easy to access from near metro station. Very comfortable and clean rooms. I had a great time and I would definitely come back on my next visit! Thank you!

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff was amazing and we had really interesting chats there. Definitely, i'll go back!

• 25th Jul 2013
  • Spain

I've rarely experienced more welcoming hosts, they were simply perfect and helped me threw many problems during my first couple of days in Russia. I had a wonderful time with the BPRepublic and I'd love to stay with them again if I go back

• 24th Jul 2013