BackPacker's Republic Reviews

Street Chaykovskogo, 37, St Petersburg, Russia

Staff's super nice, hostel is thanks to the description gingen here easy to find. Breakfast is free, WIFI is working good, bathroom

Mara and Victoria so great, feel me so welcome. I always go back anytime and recommend to anyone.

Excellent hostel. Very cozy and with good staff. Included breakfast and atmosphere to socialize.

Excellent! The staff are wonderful - so friendly! The location is great and everything in the hostel is so clean and new! The beds are so comfortable! The only downside is there isn't a lounge, but you can sit in the kitchen. I would definitely stay here again!!

The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. I had a good time there and its very close to the city center and ermitage museum. Big rooms and a nice free breakfast with eggs! Everybody should go there is St-Petersburg

Probably the hostel with the best atmosphere I've ever been to, between guests and between guests and staff. Very cosy and familiar, with a very helpful, fun and nice staff. Weronika and Maria, you are the best! :)

It was the second time that I've stayed there, and I hope I will be back again! GREAT PLACE! and great city :)

The hostel is AMAZING!!! Comfortable beds, very clean, good commom room and kitchen where you can meet people and i did friends there. Its a smal hostel with a great atmosphere!! Close to city and attractions and metro and STAFF are great. Maria and Wyctoria are excellent, funny and helpful. Some days there and i was feeling home with a sister!!! Maria is the best soul in the world!!! Stay and enjoy!!!

Excellent staff!!!! The best staff we´ve been with, very helpful! and very kind! 100% recomendable!!! Thanks!!!!

I really love to stay at this hostel! It's one of the best hostel i'd had ever been to! The hostel is really nice! The atmosphere is really cool, and the staff... Is amazing:: many thanks to Maria, Viktoria

I didn't actually get to stay here in the end but the staff were incredibly helpful with sorting out my tourist voucher and then eventually cancelling my booking for me when my dates changed and my friends wanted to stay in a different hostel which turned out to be horrible. Don't stay in Old Flat House - try this one instead.

Great hostel overall! Staff was very warm and helpful. Cozy atmosphere and clean. It is located about 30' on foot from the center and very close to metro station. I would deftinetely go again.

We had a fantastic stay in this Hostel. Its within walking distance of the station and also a pleasant walk into the city centre. Highly recommended

great hostel. the girls were very attentive and the beds were comfortable. i don't know if everybody got this, but i had 3 (!) plugs by my bed. there were only 2 showers but they never seemed to get crowded, never saw anyone waiting in line. there's a washer in there and you can iron your clothes for free. nice breakfast. definitely good value for money.

The hostel is well located; near by a metro station and just 30 minuets walk away from the winter palace. A super market is also near by. Dormitories, common room & kitchen as well as toilettes and showers are very clean. Really special: The kind and helpful staff. Never found such a warm atmosphere!

Can't think of a better way to run a hostel. Everything was just perfect, and I hope to come back some day.

I really enjoyed my stay at Backpacker's Republic and mainly because of the staff, they're fun and cheerful, that even when we had communication problems, it was still a fun conversation :-) The hostel also has a cheery look that it's quite refreshing.

Great atmosphere in this hostel. The way it's run really makes you feel at home. As the hostel is quite small and people hang out in the kitchen a lot, it's easy to get in contact with the other travellers and exchange experiences. We'd definitely come back there!

• 27th Aug 2013

Staff is friendly but disorganised when it comes to managing reservations. They seemed totally confused when we arrived & it took them a while to find our booking. At 1st, we thought we couldn't stay. Despite the weird start, we had a fantastic time there. Friendly atmosphere with people from all over the world who want to socialise. Pink rooms look so cute & bathrooms are quite luxurious for a hostel. Beds are comfy & good quality (no squeaking). It was super quiet at night even in an 8 bed.

• 26th Aug 2013

A very friendly hostel with people from all over the world.

• 26th Aug 2013