BackPacker's Republic Reviews

Street Chaykovskogo, 37, St Petersburg, Russia

Excellent staff!!!! The best staff we´ve been with, very helpful! and very kind! 100% recomendable!!! Thanks!!!!

I really love to stay at this hostel! It's one of the best hostel i'd had ever been to! The hostel is really nice! The atmosphere is really cool, and the staff... Is amazing:: many thanks to Maria, Viktoria

I didn't actually get to stay here in the end but the staff were incredibly helpful with sorting out my tourist voucher and then eventually cancelling my booking for me when my dates changed and my friends wanted to stay in a different hostel which turned out to be horrible. Don't stay in Old Flat House - try this one instead.

Great hostel overall! Staff was very warm and helpful. Cozy atmosphere and clean. It is located about 30' on foot from the center and very close to metro station. I would deftinetely go again.

We had a fantastic stay in this Hostel. Its within walking distance of the station and also a pleasant walk into the city centre. Highly recommended

great hostel. the girls were very attentive and the beds were comfortable. i don't know if everybody got this, but i had 3 (!) plugs by my bed. there were only 2 showers but they never seemed to get crowded, never saw anyone waiting in line. there's a washer in there and you can iron your clothes for free. nice breakfast. definitely good value for money.

The hostel is well located; near by a metro station and just 30 minuets walk away from the winter palace. A super market is also near by. Dormitories, common room & kitchen as well as toilettes and showers are very clean. Really special: The kind and helpful staff. Never found such a warm atmosphere!

Can't think of a better way to run a hostel. Everything was just perfect, and I hope to come back some day.

I really enjoyed my stay at Backpacker's Republic and mainly because of the staff, they're fun and cheerful, that even when we had communication problems, it was still a fun conversation :-) The hostel also has a cheery look that it's quite refreshing.

Great atmosphere in this hostel. The way it's run really makes you feel at home. As the hostel is quite small and people hang out in the kitchen a lot, it's easy to get in contact with the other travellers and exchange experiences. We'd definitely come back there!

• 27th Aug 2013

Staff is friendly but disorganised when it comes to managing reservations. They seemed totally confused when we arrived & it took them a while to find our booking. At 1st, we thought we couldn't stay. Despite the weird start, we had a fantastic time there. Friendly atmosphere with people from all over the world who want to socialise. Pink rooms look so cute & bathrooms are quite luxurious for a hostel. Beds are comfy & good quality (no squeaking). It was super quiet at night even in an 8 bed.

• 26th Aug 2013

A very friendly hostel with people from all over the world.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Romania

I stayed there for two weeks. The stuff is amazing, helpful and a lot of fun. We even drank vodka together! I met a lot of other travelers but somehow still had some privacy and peace of mind. The breakfast included is a great plus. I checked 'average' for security as non of the doors are locked at any time of day

The staff were fantastic- friendly, helpful,always went 'the extra mile' for their guests. It was super clean and the breakfast was good with real eggs too! But the hostel itself is cramped with a tiny kitchen and sitting room facilities consist of three child's beanbags decoratively arranged against the wall in the entrance.

The BackPacker's Republic was easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in - the facilities were great, the place was very clean and cozy, the staff was friendly - I can't say enough good things about it! I will definitely be returning during my next trip to St. Petersburg.

All the staff at Backpacker's Republic made my stay in St. Petersburg a breeze. They gave me great recommendations of places to eat and things to do. I particularly liked the freshly made Russian pancakes in the morning and the homely feel of the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2013

This is a really new hostel but it's really well set up! Veronika and the team do an amazing job, including making breakfast for everyone! It's a small, homely hostel, they only thing that could be improved is more toilets/showers. :)

BackPacker's is a clean, spacious and quiet hostel. They also have a great complimentary breakfast -- definitely would stay here again!

Our stay in your hostel was perfect. We really appreciated how clean it was. The staff were very nice and helpful. The little details such as the sentences on the kitchen walls or the postcard that was given to us at the end and the icture we took together were very nice. Maybe just repair the locker of the shower near the entrance and it would be perfect. Good luck for the future, your hostel is really nice !!!

• 15th Aug 2013

One of the best hostel i ever see. Nice place, nice people and beautiful city !

• 12th Aug 2013