Backpack Guesthouse / Shantee House Reviews

Takacs Menyhert u. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Amazing place. A bit away from the central city but the staff were so nice and it showed that a lot of attention had gone into making it such a nice place. We booked the tent thinking it was simply cheaper and not as nice as the rest of the hostel but it was very unique and I preferred it over the rooms :)

Had the nicest time here, it's very easy to get stuck and stay forever. Love everything about the place-from the hammocks to the staff and especially the zen yet still fun atmosphere. Shantee house made my Budapest experience so amazing and it was difficult to leave. I am definitely experiencing withdrawal symptoms from my favorite hammock and the morning incense. Highly recommended to everyone visiting the lovely city of Budapest!!

I absolutely loved staying here! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (they knew my name immediately and said hello all the time) and I really enjoyed staying in the yurt! I met some great people and had a unique experience being in Budapest because of my stay here- I'd recommend it to everyone!

Lovely place, lovely people..... Friendly and mainly younger guests. I was made to feel very welcome and the crew went that extra mile to help :) I will definitely be back and made some new friends whilst there. I stayed a week and could easily have stayed longer! Namaste.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Probably the best experience I've had at a hostel in Europe! Thanks guys, for everything!

BEWARE! This hostel is not a hostel, it's a trap!!! You won't want to leave because everyone is so friendly (staff + guests) and you feel so at home. I stayed longer than intended, as did many of the other friends I made there. Everything is so homey and the hammocks are amazing! I didn't get a chance to sleep in the tents because it was still a little chilly in early April but i will definitely be back to try that out.

Beautiful, peaceful environment.