Backpack Guesthouse / Shantee House Reviews

Takacs Menyhert u. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Everybody was really friendly from the start. The staff were so helpful in telling us what was worth doing/how to get there etc. Best atmosphere I've ever come across in a hostel, genuinely feels like a community that you fit into straight away. Not at all a party hostel so if that's what you're into this may be a bit too chill. But for tired travellers looking to meet like minded people in a tranquil and beautiful place it is ideal.

Staff were incredible and general energy was the best of any hostel ive been to.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Good hostel with good vibes. Not too party crazy, but social. Good facilities. Location is far from center, but connected with public transit

I couldn't make it to this hostel, because anyway it seems safe and excellent, I made the reservation because a friend of mine told me it's amazing, definitely I have go to and try

Owner was very down to earth and easy to get along with.

The Shantee House is amazing - everything a great backpacker should be! We really enjoyed our stay there as the atmosphere is incredible and the staff super nice and chill. It's not right in the center of Pest but everything is super easy to get to by tram. 100% recommendable - Thanks a tonne!

• 25th May 2015

Amazing place. A bit away from the central city but the staff were so nice and it showed that a lot of attention had gone into making it such a nice place. We booked the tent thinking it was simply cheaper and not as nice as the rest of the hostel but it was very unique and I preferred it over the rooms :)

Had the nicest time here, it's very easy to get stuck and stay forever. Love everything about the place-from the hammocks to the staff and especially the zen yet still fun atmosphere. Shantee house made my Budapest experience so amazing and it was difficult to leave. I am definitely experiencing withdrawal symptoms from my favorite hammock and the morning incense. Highly recommended to everyone visiting the lovely city of Budapest!!

I absolutely loved staying here! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (they knew my name immediately and said hello all the time) and I really enjoyed staying in the yurt! I met some great people and had a unique experience being in Budapest because of my stay here- I'd recommend it to everyone!

Lovely place, lovely people..... Friendly and mainly younger guests. I was made to feel very welcome and the crew went that extra mile to help :) I will definitely be back and made some new friends whilst there. I stayed a week and could easily have stayed longer! Namaste.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Probably the best experience I've had at a hostel in Europe! Thanks guys, for everything!

BEWARE! This hostel is not a hostel, it's a trap!!! You won't want to leave because everyone is so friendly (staff + guests) and you feel so at home. I stayed longer than intended, as did many of the other friends I made there. Everything is so homey and the hammocks are amazing! I didn't get a chance to sleep in the tents because it was still a little chilly in early April but i will definitely be back to try that out.

Beautiful, peaceful environment.