Backpack OZ Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

Love this hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location! :D

• 24th Jan 2016

Great atmosphere, clean and the rooms are lovely but not much place for lugguage.. Overall, great hostel!!!

Good hostel and accomodating for my late arrival, I would recommend it. The AC was good, people were friendly and yea satisfied with everything

Clean, comfortable. Free breakfast but be aware that if closes quite early in the morning. Doors lock on rooms but no lockers available. Shower and toilet facilities basic but clean. Air con not very effective.

It's a very popular hostel with a really nice atmosphere.It's so popular that you have to decide really early if you want to stay longer. Free BBQ and Pool competition is a lot of fun and the staff is very useful with everything you want to do. The location is good and the facilities are mainly clean, maybe a few more and gender separated would be nice but thats nothing to worry about! I'll come back!

Don't sell a room with 2 beds as a "3 Bed Room", it is ridiculous. As you can imagine this caused problems. You do not get a key with your room! You need to pay a deposit. It is beyond ridiculous verging on shameful. Understand a deposit for extra keys, but for the first one? Is this policy, was I discrimated against or did the person working lack understanding? I would like to know. Went to bar: What is your room number? Show me your key? Impolite poor communication.

• 15th Jan 2016

The stay was quite nice and the staff was friendly. Unfortunately the bathrooms and toilets were not really clean as well as the room.

I'd definitely reccomend this hostel, we really enjoyed our stay there! Friendly and helpful staff, great Location, free breakfast and wifi and we got to know a lot of people there. Great value for Money!

• 30th Dec 2015

it was quiet where we were .air conditioned free t v no waiting to use bathroom good size room other people friendly free tea & coffee

• 29th Dec 2015

Bathroom was old and dirty. Sink was broken. Room was pretty good but the air conditioning wasn't on our first night which made us miserable in 35 degrees outside. Location is nice and close to everything. Breakfast nice touch. No free parking which makes it expensive if you have a car.

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Loved my stay at backpack oz Staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable on Adelaide. I have to say though that my highlight of the stay was the atmosphere, it felt like a big family and is set up perfectly for such a vibe. 10/10 I would definitely stay again

• 22nd Dec 2015

Very clean, large kitchen, helpful staff, large sociable common area, we would definitely stay again.

• 21st Dec 2015

Very clean, good free breakfast, free bike hire, 15min walk to cbd and greyhound. Good chilled atmosphere and very helpful friendly staff!

Not a bad place, but not the best. Did have a free BBQ while I was there but didn't attend as I had other plans but seemed like it could have been fun. Could use more toilets/showers.

it was a very nice stay, good atmosphere and facilities OK. Good for activities. Breakfast time end to soon, and the Kitchen closes to soon. Can't get acess to the kitchen after 21.30h, not even to drink water --> not positive. The security may be easily broken, any one with the acess code may enter at night and stay there. The positive is that to go to any room will need a key. however, two people may easily break that security.

Really good atmosphere and staff. Close to the city centre

hard to say, something, because I just stayed for one night. There was a nice atmosphere at the bar and I met some nice people and had good talks. Room was okay. I think it's a nice place to stay, so I would recommend it. But ff I had a choice, I would prefer an other Hostel in Adelaide.

Really nice hostel, friendly atmosphere especially if your own you will make friends in no time.

• 15th Nov 2015

Only stayed one night but was very happy overall! Clean rooms, nice common area, clean kitchen, breakfast was the usual: toast and spreads. Would recommend it!

Staff were amazing and really helpful. Kitchen and facilities clean - room we stayed in did smell but I think that was due to the fact that there were 12 people in a warm room. Excellent free BBQ and pool competition on Tuesdays. Great atmosphere.