Backpack OZ Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

Great hostel in great location. All staff really friendly and helpful. Was there for their bbq night which is free!! Plus they have a pool comp on which is a bit of fun. Nice common area to meet other travellers Overall great hostel

We think that Backpack Oz has a very good room and very clean, but Backpack Oz bathroom and toilet were less than we thought, sometimes in rush hours, we had to queue and waited somebody else to finish.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Nice hostel and good staff. Unfortunately I stayed in a room near the hall, so it was very hard to sleep because of the continuous noise into the night. Furthermore in my room there was a roommate (probably a long-term guest) extremely arrogant and without respect for the other guests, so my experience has not been very positive.

Room was over priced for a shared bathroom room with no furniture other than a bed. Not even a night lamp. Reception desk was not in the same building and room was above a noisy Terrace below. Staff were pleasant and other parts seemed good for back pack stayers.

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and it was okay. The stuff is very, very friendly. The air conditioner wasn't working in my room, so it was too hot in my room with 7 people. But anyway, the hostel is a good value for the price!

Hi there, we had an unexpected early hot day in early October just before our air conditioning had been commissioned for the hot summer ahead. The A/C will be working perfectly from mid October. Sorry it was not working on the day you stayed. Happy travels.

Great hostel! Good atmosphere, clean and perfect ubication! I will come back for sure

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Spain

The WiFi doesn't work very well, and the staff don't know to fix it.

• 26th Sep 2015

The WiFi is fixed now - works really well - we know how important good WiFi is to our guests - and it's free!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great atmosphere and vibe (although it can be quiet at times). Staff are friendly and location is decent. Short 5-10 min walk to anywhere major. The only drawback is perhaps lack of hostel planned activities compared to some US hostels I've stayed at. With that said, I'd definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed our short stay! Everything within a 5-10 minutes walk and there are also free buses. Nice people and always someone to talk to!

Asian/Australian guy and the English girl from Warrington were very friendly/helpful members of staff! Not the best time to visit due to the renovations but still a friendly atmosphere. Thank you!

1 2 Next » last »