Backpack OZ Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

Great hostel in great location. All staff really friendly and helpful. Was there for their bbq night which is free!! Plus they have a pool comp on which is a bit of fun. Nice common area to meet other travellers Overall great hostel

We think that Backpack Oz has a very good room and very clean, but Backpack Oz bathroom and toilet were less than we thought, sometimes in rush hours, we had to queue and waited somebody else to finish.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Nice hostel and good staff. Unfortunately I stayed in a room near the hall, so it was very hard to sleep because of the continuous noise into the night. Furthermore in my room there was a roommate (probably a long-term guest) extremely arrogant and without respect for the other guests, so my experience has not been very positive.

Room was over priced for a shared bathroom room with no furniture other than a bed. Not even a night lamp. Reception desk was not in the same building and room was above a noisy Terrace below. Staff were pleasant and other parts seemed good for back pack stayers.

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and it was okay. The stuff is very, very friendly. The air conditioner wasn't working in my room, so it was too hot in my room with 7 people. But anyway, the hostel is a good value for the price!

Hi there, we had an unexpected early hot day in early October just before our air conditioning had been commissioned for the hot summer ahead. The A/C will be working perfectly from mid October. Sorry it was not working on the day you stayed. Happy travels.

Great hostel! Good atmosphere, clean and perfect ubication! I will come back for sure

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Spain

The WiFi doesn't work very well, and the staff don't know to fix it.

• 26th Sep 2015

The WiFi is fixed now - works really well - we know how important good WiFi is to our guests - and it's free!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great atmosphere and vibe (although it can be quiet at times). Staff are friendly and location is decent. Short 5-10 min walk to anywhere major. The only drawback is perhaps lack of hostel planned activities compared to some US hostels I've stayed at. With that said, I'd definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed our short stay! Everything within a 5-10 minutes walk and there are also free buses. Nice people and always someone to talk to!

Asian/Australian guy and the English girl from Warrington were very friendly/helpful members of staff! Not the best time to visit due to the renovations but still a friendly atmosphere. Thank you!

All good even if the hostel was under renovation while i was there

Only reason I give facilities four starts instead of five is that it was super cold. I stayed another night at the "guest house" and this was not a problem. Overall, excellent spot. Friendly atmosphere, nice little bar downstairs and a great location. Would stay again.

Thanks for the great review. It is a bit cold in Adelaide just for a couple of months - extra blankets available on request :) Hope to see you again - happy travels

Friendly staff, friendly atmosphere, good location. Tuesday BBQ night is great! I had a great stay, thanks!

• 19th Jul 2015

amazing hostel! felt right at home. the staff were so friendly to let me leave my bags at the hostel after i checked out that morning (as my flight wasnt until later in the night), and to even let me use the facilities (shower, kitchen) after i checked out as well! 10/10 will stay again! was very quiet to sleep at night, everyone was very respectful. social scene in the common room as well!

Thanks for staying - hope to see you again - happy travels

excellent, clean and cheap. slept well.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The rooms were a good size and everything was clean. The common room/bar/dining room combo was a good and gave a great atmosphere. Internet was a bit spotty though. I would definitely recommend.

Older building but great staff, free bikes, and very clean kitchen and bathrooms!

We only had a night in Adelaide so this was the perfect hostel. Walking distance from everything... quiet enough to relax but still had a social vibe. Will definitely be back :)

• 13th May 2015

First hostel I've ever stayed in and was pleasantly surprised, lovely staff, good location and plenty of bathrooms.

Probably one of the best I stayed at. Incredible staff/owner, nice atmosphere (nice to get to know people), good money value (free breakfast, free tea or coffee all day, free detergent, cooking utensils, spices and plates available) and clean. While watching a movie with most people yesterday, Sam (the owner) offered us pop corn and ice creams.