Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms basic but clean showers could do with an upgrade but still useable :-)

• 16th Sep 2014

Helpfull and friendly staff. Nice place, would stay again!

Gets the important things right. Beds have real mattresses. Bathrooms and kitchen well cleaned. Showers are hot. Kitchen never seems to get too busy. Free wifi works well. Has bar but by 11/12 the noise had died down and it's not the sort of place where they always seem to be pushing you to spend money on drink (AKA party hostel). Location is good, would be slightly better 5mins down the road but an extra 5 min walk isn't a big deal. 12 bed dorm does smell- needs some better air flow.

Very nice hostel, but you should renovate the showers upstairs as well as the windows in the bathrooms, it's not a big deal, a minimum of investment to have a great place!

• 7th Jul 2014

great and helpful staff

• 1st Jul 2014

Superb place very active and very nice people all the time. Really loved my stay staff are very nice, location is great, Wifi is free and runs at a good speed. Will definitly be going their when I come back to adelaide for the royal show.

Kitchen would need some new pans and pots!

Very nice hostel. Only negative point would be that the kitchen closes quite early (9.30pm).

Nice and felt very comfortable, good facilities, ample space, helpful and friendly staff one of the best backpack ever stayed and will definitely recommended.

This place was so great, that I stayed here twice. I love this hostel. Clean, fun, affordable. It's by Domino's Pizza. They have a $5 Pizza special which is very filling. This time, I stayed in the 12 person dorm. It was spacious, clean, and had lockers, and plenty of space under the bed to fit large bags. The room didn't smell like breath when I woke up either. This is sometimes a problem when there is no ventilation, but not here! I highly reccomend staying in this laid back hostel.

Probably the most comfortable hostel beds I’ve slept on (and I hate upper bunks!). Large sociable hostel without being ‘party party’ – very friendly and helpful staff, nice bar and pool table, felt like a safe and good location. Don’t think I can fault it at all.

Toilets and showers can do with a renovation but everything is clean and staff is friendley and helpfull. Good value for money.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This hostel was great and totally worth the $22/night. On Tuesdays, they had a great free dinner and a pool competition that you enter in for $1, with great prizes. There's a nice large hangout section...one for TV, one for laptop use (with plenty of chairs and outlets), and one for the pool table. They have a book exchange, and plenty of good DVDs to watch. They go above and beyond. The staff people are great hardworking people too. Easy to get to from airport-take J2 bus. Quiet at night too.

Nice family run feel to this place. An older building but clean and well maintained, it seems. I had a great stay here!

Loved my stay here. The staff is super friendly and helpfull and the free vvs on Tuesday was brilliant! It might be slightly pricier than some other hostels, but I really thought the hostel was worth the extra money.

just feel as a home, I enjoyed my stay in Oz which is very causal, relax alothough the building is quite old. thanks the staff for the free train station transfer which is very useful. Free and stable wifi. It was very quiet at night that u will sleep very well.

The guys behind reception were very friendly and helpful! We stayed in a double room which had a sink and storage area which was handy. Overall very clean and great facilities. Free unlimited wifi! Great hostel.

• 5th May 2014

I only stayed at backpack oz for 2 nights but those 2 were very good. The beds were comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Showers were awesome and always clean. Recommended.

Thanks for staying and for your nice comments ... we hope to see you again for more than 2 nights !

Lovely hostel to stay in Adelaide. Staff were very nice and friendly and helpful. Arrived at 7am off an overnight bus from Melbourne and they gave us the breakfast complimentary and also picked us up from the bus station when we rang them on arrival. Very chilled and welcoming hostel. Perfect for a lone traveller to meet others as it's very sociable. Had a homely feel about it. Stayed 3 nights but could have easily stayed longer except had a tour booked. Would defo recommend!!

We try and make it easy for solo travellers to meet others as that is an important part of the hostelling experience and we are pleased that you had a good stay. Cheers!

Great hostel, right in the center of Adelaide. Easy walk to Rundle Mall, or tram to other parts of the city. Loved the free BBQ/breakfast! Staff were friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the nice comments - happy travels!