Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

good place. friendly people. no issues except for the stupid christmas pageant at 6am in the morning in the street - who's idea was that! bloody adelaide... it was november.

Kitchen closed too early, no hot water in upstairs showers. But nice common area, rooms were fine, free WiFi was good and worked in rooms too. Not the most lively crowd when I was there. Need to staff up reception so that it's open throughout the day.

Hi there. Yes the upstairs hot water system died over that weekend but we got it fixed asap on Monday. We deliberately have a separate system for downstairs so that we always have hot showers available. Our reception is open from 6 am till 10 pm daily but might be closed for 10 minutes at various times if we need to zip out and collect a guest. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Cheers

Really great hostel, very close to everything in adelaide!

Thanks very much for taking the time to comments. We wish you happy and safe travels!

Really good place to stay, everything is super clean which is nice to see in a hostel! Could do with more power sockets in room, there are plenty downstairs but would be nice to have more in the rooms! Overall really enjoyed my stay and it's location is really good!

Thanks for your kind comments ... we will get some good quality power boards for those rooms without many power points. Happy travels!

This place was awesome! Walking distance from just about everything to do in downtown Adelaide.

• 8th Oct 2014

Thanks very much for your kind words ... we try hard to be awesome!

had a great stay in this hostel, one of the best I've stayed in, the staff were very friendly and the rooms and kitchen were cleaned everyday. I would definately stay here again

• 30th Sep 2014

Thanks heaps and happy travels!

Nice hostel, especially for the price. It was not the cleanest one that I've seen, but it was ok. The kitchen was well maintained, the staff was helpful. The 12-bed dormitory was stinking, but I supposed it was not their fault...

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms basic but clean showers could do with an upgrade but still useable :-)

Helpfull and friendly staff. Nice place, would stay again!

I stayed at the hostel for quite sometime. Had a good time . Great common area with an outside area, movies and kitchen. dorms are basic but alright. walking distance to rundle mall.

Gets the important things right. Beds have real mattresses. Bathrooms and kitchen well cleaned. Showers are hot. Kitchen never seems to get too busy. Free wifi works well. Has bar but by 11/12 the noise had died down and it's not the sort of place where they always seem to be pushing you to spend money on drink (AKA party hostel). Location is good, would be slightly better 5mins down the road but an extra 5 min walk isn't a big deal. 12 bed dorm does smell- needs some better air flow.

Very nice hostel, but you should renovate the showers upstairs as well as the windows in the bathrooms, it's not a big deal, a minimum of investment to have a great place!

• 7th Jul 2014

great and helpful staff

• 1st Jul 2014

Superb place very active and very nice people all the time. Really loved my stay staff are very nice, location is great, Wifi is free and runs at a good speed. Will definitly be going their when I come back to adelaide for the royal show.

Kitchen would need some new pans and pots!

Very nice hostel. Only negative point would be that the kitchen closes quite early (9.30pm).

Nice and felt very comfortable, good facilities, ample space, helpful and friendly staff one of the best backpack ever stayed and will definitely recommended.

This place was so great, that I stayed here twice. I love this hostel. Clean, fun, affordable. It's by Domino's Pizza. They have a $5 Pizza special which is very filling. This time, I stayed in the 12 person dorm. It was spacious, clean, and had lockers, and plenty of space under the bed to fit large bags. The room didn't smell like breath when I woke up either. This is sometimes a problem when there is no ventilation, but not here! I highly reccomend staying in this laid back hostel.

Probably the most comfortable hostel beds I’ve slept on (and I hate upper bunks!). Large sociable hostel without being ‘party party’ – very friendly and helpful staff, nice bar and pool table, felt like a safe and good location. Don’t think I can fault it at all.

Toilets and showers can do with a renovation but everything is clean and staff is friendley and helpfull. Good value for money.

• 2nd Jun 2014