Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

Nice and felt very comfortable, good facilities, ample space, helpful and friendly staff one of the best backpack ever stayed and will definitely recommended.

This place was so great, that I stayed here twice. I love this hostel. Clean, fun, affordable. It's by Domino's Pizza. They have a $5 Pizza special which is very filling. This time, I stayed in the 12 person dorm. It was spacious, clean, and had lockers, and plenty of space under the bed to fit large bags. The room didn't smell like breath when I woke up either. This is sometimes a problem when there is no ventilation, but not here! I highly reccomend staying in this laid back hostel.

Probably the most comfortable hostel beds I’ve slept on (and I hate upper bunks!). Large sociable hostel without being ‘party party’ – very friendly and helpful staff, nice bar and pool table, felt like a safe and good location. Don’t think I can fault it at all.

Toilets and showers can do with a renovation but everything is clean and staff is friendley and helpfull. Good value for money.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This hostel was great and totally worth the $22/night. On Tuesdays, they had a great free dinner and a pool competition that you enter in for $1, with great prizes. There's a nice large hangout section...one for TV, one for laptop use (with plenty of chairs and outlets), and one for the pool table. They have a book exchange, and plenty of good DVDs to watch. They go above and beyond. The staff people are great hardworking people too. Easy to get to from airport-take J2 bus. Quiet at night too.

Nice family run feel to this place. An older building but clean and well maintained, it seems. I had a great stay here!

Loved my stay here. The staff is super friendly and helpfull and the free vvs on Tuesday was brilliant! It might be slightly pricier than some other hostels, but I really thought the hostel was worth the extra money.

just feel as a home, I enjoyed my stay in Oz which is very causal, relax alothough the building is quite old. thanks the staff for the free train station transfer which is very useful. Free and stable wifi. It was very quiet at night that u will sleep very well.

The guys behind reception were very friendly and helpful! We stayed in a double room which had a sink and storage area which was handy. Overall very clean and great facilities. Free unlimited wifi! Great hostel.

I only stayed at backpack oz for 2 nights but those 2 were very good. The beds were comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Showers were awesome and always clean. Recommended.

Thanks for staying and for your nice comments ... we hope to see you again for more than 2 nights !

Lovely hostel to stay in Adelaide. Staff were very nice and friendly and helpful. Arrived at 7am off an overnight bus from Melbourne and they gave us the breakfast complimentary and also picked us up from the bus station when we rang them on arrival. Very chilled and welcoming hostel. Perfect for a lone traveller to meet others as it's very sociable. Had a homely feel about it. Stayed 3 nights but could have easily stayed longer except had a tour booked. Would defo recommend!!

We try and make it easy for solo travellers to meet others as that is an important part of the hostelling experience and we are pleased that you had a good stay. Cheers!

Great hostel, right in the center of Adelaide. Easy walk to Rundle Mall, or tram to other parts of the city. Loved the free BBQ/breakfast! Staff were friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the nice comments - happy travels!

The cave needed some more air, smelt damp. But all in all good :)

OK we will check out the 'The Cave' 12 bed dorm. There is a window so we will make sure it is opened during the day at least. We are not trying to recreate a real 'Cave' experience! Thanks for the feedback and happy travels.

Loved the storage shelves in the room

I love them too ... I made them! Cheers

Staff is really nice and helpful. Free Breakfast, free Wifi, could rent a Bike for free and if you dont want to use a dryer for your cloths you can hang them up. Only thing which is bad that the kitchen closes already at 9.30pm.

Amazing friendly staff who offer help and advice with tours. Hostel gives a basic free breakfast every morning and a free BBQ dinner once a week which is a massive help with a backpacker budget.

Yes our staff are amazing ... we select and train them very carefully. Thanks for the nice comments.

Not a bad place: I'd stay here again.

Good ... we hope to see you again! Cheers

The toilets and showers are mixed but clean. The rooms are very small without fans/aircon. Good kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay, met some really cool people. Only thing, its pretty far from city and the tram, other than that perfect!

Glad you met some nice people- we try and make it a really social atmosphere as this is an important part of hostelling. We are only 10 minutes walk from the City Centre... not too far?

I've stayed only one night in Backpack OZ but could join the free barbeque on Wednesdays and it was really good! The rooms are comfortable and really clean and with free wifi and breakfast a really good choice for a stay in Adelaide!

I really do love this hostel, I liked it that much I stayed a second time when I was back in Adelaide! The staff are very friendly and helpful. I love the free dinner and pool comp on a Wednesday it's a great atmosphere and a brilliant way to get interacting with other travellers, especially if your travelling on your own. What more do you want that free breakfast and a free dinner!!

Thanks for staying again ... glad we made it easy for you to meet other travellers!