Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

The guys behind reception were very friendly and helpful! We stayed in a double room which had a sink and storage area which was handy. Overall very clean and great facilities. Free unlimited wifi! Great hostel.

I only stayed at backpack oz for 2 nights but those 2 were very good. The beds were comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Showers were awesome and always clean. Recommended.

Thanks for staying and for your nice comments ... we hope to see you again for more than 2 nights !

Lovely hostel to stay in Adelaide. Staff were very nice and friendly and helpful. Arrived at 7am off an overnight bus from Melbourne and they gave us the breakfast complimentary and also picked us up from the bus station when we rang them on arrival. Very chilled and welcoming hostel. Perfect for a lone traveller to meet others as it's very sociable. Had a homely feel about it. Stayed 3 nights but could have easily stayed longer except had a tour booked. Would defo recommend!!

We try and make it easy for solo travellers to meet others as that is an important part of the hostelling experience and we are pleased that you had a good stay. Cheers!

Great hostel, right in the center of Adelaide. Easy walk to Rundle Mall, or tram to other parts of the city. Loved the free BBQ/breakfast! Staff were friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the nice comments - happy travels!

The cave needed some more air, smelt damp. But all in all good :)

OK we will check out the 'The Cave' 12 bed dorm. There is a window so we will make sure it is opened during the day at least. We are not trying to recreate a real 'Cave' experience! Thanks for the feedback and happy travels.

Loved the storage shelves in the room

I love them too ... I made them! Cheers

Staff is really nice and helpful. Free Breakfast, free Wifi, could rent a Bike for free and if you dont want to use a dryer for your cloths you can hang them up. Only thing which is bad that the kitchen closes already at 9.30pm.

Amazing friendly staff who offer help and advice with tours. Hostel gives a basic free breakfast every morning and a free BBQ dinner once a week which is a massive help with a backpacker budget.

Yes our staff are amazing ... we select and train them very carefully. Thanks for the nice comments.

Not a bad place: I'd stay here again.

Good ... we hope to see you again! Cheers

The toilets and showers are mixed but clean. The rooms are very small without fans/aircon. Good kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay, met some really cool people. Only thing, its pretty far from city and the tram, other than that perfect!

Glad you met some nice people- we try and make it a really social atmosphere as this is an important part of hostelling. We are only 10 minutes walk from the City Centre... not too far?

I've stayed only one night in Backpack OZ but could join the free barbeque on Wednesdays and it was really good! The rooms are comfortable and really clean and with free wifi and breakfast a really good choice for a stay in Adelaide!

I really do love this hostel, I liked it that much I stayed a second time when I was back in Adelaide! The staff are very friendly and helpful. I love the free dinner and pool comp on a Wednesday it's a great atmosphere and a brilliant way to get interacting with other travellers, especially if your travelling on your own. What more do you want that free breakfast and a free dinner!!

Thanks for staying again ... glad we made it easy for you to meet other travellers!

Nice and small hostel. The atmosphere was good and all staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen is very small and the equipment was not that but I have seen worse. Everything was reasonably clean at all times. Overall I had a good stay and can definitely recommend this place

The free wednesday dinner was fab. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Because the kitchen closes at 9:30 it is the cleanest kitchen I have seen in Australia, however maybe closing at 10:30 would be an option? Wifi is free, staff is really friendly and helpful and on Wednesday they offer free dinner. You can also hire bikes for free and there is a free breakfast- so very good value for money. Rooms have lockers and additionally they have shelves, so you can keep your stuff organised. I extended my stay twice and I would stay here again, if I ever come back to

I stayed in three hostels in Adelaide during my stay there, Backpack Oz was by far the best! Clean, friendly and good value. The weekly BBQ was pretty good as well! Will definitely stay here if I'm ever in Adelaide again.

very nice hostel really enjoyed the family atmosphere.

nice staff, but not always very competente.unfortunately not clean at all.have seen worse, but definitely have seen better aswell.

Thanks for staying and we appreciate your feedback. The hostel is cleaned daily for 3 hours a day, every day ! Backpack OZ and the Guest House

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Backpack Oz is a good place to stay and meet fellow travellers. It has free wifi and a free BBQ night with other activities going on in the bar during the week. The staff are friendly and enthusiastic. The only downside I felt was the cleanliness, my feet would be black if I walked around bare foot and I felt the showers could be updated as they're a little old. I also saw a cockroach on the wall... Gross :(

Thanks for staying at Backpack OZ. We appreciate your feedback. We had all our carpets professionally steamed cleaned only a few weeks ago. With hundreds of feet and shoes walking over the carpets every day, they are sure to get dirty again. Cheers Backpack OZ