Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

Nice and small hostel. The atmosphere was good and all staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen is very small and the equipment was not that but I have seen worse. Everything was reasonably clean at all times. Overall I had a good stay and can definitely recommend this place

The free wednesday dinner was fab. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Because the kitchen closes at 9:30 it is the cleanest kitchen I have seen in Australia, however maybe closing at 10:30 would be an option? Wifi is free, staff is really friendly and helpful and on Wednesday they offer free dinner. You can also hire bikes for free and there is a free breakfast- so very good value for money. Rooms have lockers and additionally they have shelves, so you can keep your stuff organised. I extended my stay twice and I would stay here again, if I ever come back to

I stayed in three hostels in Adelaide during my stay there, Backpack Oz was by far the best! Clean, friendly and good value. The weekly BBQ was pretty good as well! Will definitely stay here if I'm ever in Adelaide again.

very nice hostel really enjoyed the family atmosphere.

nice staff, but not always very competente.unfortunately not clean at all.have seen worse, but definitely have seen better aswell.

Thanks for staying and we appreciate your feedback. The hostel is cleaned daily for 3 hours a day, every day ! Backpack OZ and the Guest House

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Backpack Oz is a good place to stay and meet fellow travellers. It has free wifi and a free BBQ night with other activities going on in the bar during the week. The staff are friendly and enthusiastic. The only downside I felt was the cleanliness, my feet would be black if I walked around bare foot and I felt the showers could be updated as they're a little old. I also saw a cockroach on the wall... Gross :(

Thanks for staying at Backpack OZ. We appreciate your feedback. We had all our carpets professionally steamed cleaned only a few weeks ago. With hundreds of feet and shoes walking over the carpets every day, they are sure to get dirty again. Cheers Backpack OZ

Very extraordinary about the hostel is the great atmosphere and the friendly and helpful staff. The wednesdays bbqs are very nice and you can learn to know people. The venue offers space to hang out, watch movies, play pool or have a drink at the bar.

• 27th Jan 2014

Overall this backpacker is ok and clean. Staying in a double room, a bit expensive for what it is. The kitchen and common areas are too small and it's ridiculous to have a kitchen closing at 9:30pm ! Apart from that ok.

Hi thanks for staying for one night at our hostel. The kitchen closes at 9.30 pm in correlation to when the office closes at 10.00 pm. We have had to sacrifice the kitchen closing time over the years so it can stay clean for you and all the other guests.

Great and very friendly hostel. One of our favourite hostels in Oz.

we didnt stay here in the end because they lost our booking and the rooms were full. first impressions of the hostel while we waited for them to come up with a solution for us were not great. seemed crowded, dirty and dull. anyway they found us another room at hostel109 round the corner (and paid the difference in price) which we really liked. clean, nice owner and good facilities

this place was awesome, it was so clean and comfortable.

• 26th Dec 2013

Good clean hostel in a relatively central location. Best hostel Wifi I've experienced.Decent group of people staying and a few beers were had while not affecting peoples sleep

Really enjoyed my second stay at Backpack Oz, thanks for having me!

Had a great time at backpacker oz, full of sociable people. Would recommend to all!

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Very nice hostel! Showers are clean, although not very much. There is even a bathtub! Nice list of movies. Big kitchen! Loved the pooltable but i needs refreshing.

Funny you should mention the free pool table - we are just in the process of recovering it ready for Summer!! Happy travels!!

Very Nixe staff, Copyright hostel, not too Big. the Roms have Big lockres and Even 2cupboards for everyone, it was amazing :) It's just a short walk into the city and for Adelaide it's even a good price! Thanks a lot!

• 2nd Nov 2013

Fantastic staff. Helpful and pleasant!

It,s nice place for spend few nights and enjoy the rooms people and play pool,pretty close to the city

• 21st Oct 2013