Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

16 dorm rooms were surprisingly comfy

Really enjoyed our short stay! Everything within a 5-10 minutes walk and there are also free buses. Nice people and always someone to talk to!

Asian/Australian guy and the English girl from Warrington were very friendly/helpful members of staff! Not the best time to visit due to the renovations but still a friendly atmosphere. Thank you!

All good even if the hostel was under renovation while i was there

Only reason I give facilities four starts instead of five is that it was super cold. I stayed another night at the "guest house" and this was not a problem. Overall, excellent spot. Friendly atmosphere, nice little bar downstairs and a great location. Would stay again.

Thanks for the great review. It is a bit cold in Adelaide just for a couple of months - extra blankets available on request :) Hope to see you again - happy travels

Friendly staff, friendly atmosphere, good location. Tuesday BBQ night is great! I had a great stay, thanks!

• 19th Jul 2015

amazing hostel! felt right at home. the staff were so friendly to let me leave my bags at the hostel after i checked out that morning (as my flight wasnt until later in the night), and to even let me use the facilities (shower, kitchen) after i checked out as well! 10/10 will stay again! was very quiet to sleep at night, everyone was very respectful. social scene in the common room as well!

Thanks for staying - hope to see you again - happy travels

excellent, clean and cheap. slept well.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The rooms were a good size and everything was clean. The common room/bar/dining room combo was a good and gave a great atmosphere. Internet was a bit spotty though. I would definitely recommend.

Older building but great staff, free bikes, and very clean kitchen and bathrooms!

• 16th Jun 2015

très bon emplacement dans la ville , personnel très sympa et très professionnel. cuisine très propre .nécessiterai un petit coup de peinture dans les locaux pour donner un petit coup de neuf

We only had a night in Adelaide so this was the perfect hostel. Walking distance from everything... quiet enough to relax but still had a social vibe. Will definitely be back :)

• 13th May 2015

First hostel I've ever stayed in and was pleasantly surprised, lovely staff, good location and plenty of bathrooms.

Probably one of the best I stayed at. Incredible staff/owner, nice atmosphere (nice to get to know people), good money value (free breakfast, free tea or coffee all day, free detergent, cooking utensils, spices and plates available) and clean. While watching a movie with most people yesterday, Sam (the owner) offered us pop corn and ice creams.

The facility was everything you could want out of a hostel. Staff were very friendly and the BBQ on Tuesday night is a great way to meet people at the hostel. As good a location as any, great value for your money.

Good place to stay. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful.

Kind and courteous staff, extremely well located, comfortable and affordable room. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• 26th Apr 2015

Kitchen: tiny / cleanliness: poor. Every single item in the room was weather totally dusty (what are they doing when they clean the room?!) or broken. In some cases both. / There were bins in the toilet room. Higher then my knees and hell, I'm tall!: they were full. Absolutely full. When opened them, you could smell the old tampons. Not emptied in the 3 days I stayed there. How disgusting is that?! / Was bloody in the room cause you couldn't close the window properly. And so on. Hated it.

We don’t often get a poor review like this so we take it seriously. We had a new cleaner commence during your stay but we replaced them quickly due to their performance. NOTE: we have dedicated purpose built sanitary units (bins) in each bathroom for female sanitary products (tampons). We believe we offer a very good standard of cleanliness as indicated by our overall cleanliness rating (80%) but failed this during your stay and apologise for this Thanks for the feedback.

But busy for my liking but that's a personal preference. Staff were friendly apart from the Chinese on reception. Needs to work her people skills. Staff happy to help and talk to you. Rooms cleaned daily. Some free snap on the odd night. Pool tournaments. Happy hour on the beers. Very good location to the CBD. VFM - 6/10. Had to pay for laundry.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel as the rooms were clean, there were plenty of bathrooms, showers etc. there was also a great fun atmosphere here from the other guests and staff

• 8th Apr 2015