Backpack Oz Reviews

144 Wakefield St, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Loved the storage shelves in the room

Amazing friendly staff who offer help and advice with tours. Hostel gives a basic free breakfast every morning and a free BBQ dinner once a week which is a massive help with a backpacker budget.

Das Bett hat ganz schön gequietscht, aber für einen Backpackeraufenthalt war es absolut ok... es ist halt immer etwas schrubbelig, wenn vermuffelter Teppich überall liegt!

The toilets and showers are mixed but clean. The rooms are very small without fans/aircon. Good kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay, met some really cool people. Only thing, its pretty far from city and the tram, other than that perfect!

I've stayed only one night in Backpack OZ but could join the free barbeque on Wednesdays and it was really good! The rooms are comfortable and really clean and with free wifi and breakfast a really good choice for a stay in Adelaide!

I really do love this hostel, I liked it that much I stayed a second time when I was back in Adelaide! The staff are very friendly and helpful. I love the free dinner and pool comp on a Wednesday it's a great atmosphere and a brilliant way to get interacting with other travellers, especially if your travelling on your own. What more do you want that free breakfast and a free dinner!!

Nice and small hostel. The atmosphere was good and all staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen is very small and the equipment was not that but I have seen worse. Everything was reasonably clean at all times. Overall I had a good stay and can definitely recommend this place

The free wednesday dinner was fab. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Because the kitchen closes at 9:30 it is the cleanest kitchen I have seen in Australia, however maybe closing at 10:30 would be an option? Wifi is free, staff is really friendly and helpful and on Wednesday they offer free dinner. You can also hire bikes for free and there is a free breakfast- so very good value for money. Rooms have lockers and additionally they have shelves, so you can keep your stuff organised. I extended my stay twice and I would stay here again, if I ever come back to

I stayed in three hostels in Adelaide during my stay there, Backpack Oz was by far the best! Clean, friendly and good value. The weekly BBQ was pretty good as well! Will definitely stay here if I'm ever in Adelaide again.

very nice hostel really enjoyed the family atmosphere.

nice staff, but not always very competente.unfortunately not clean at all.have seen worse, but definitely have seen better aswell.

Thanks for staying and we appreciate your feedback. The hostel is cleaned daily for 3 hours a day, every day ! Backpack OZ and the Guest House

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Backpack Oz is a good place to stay and meet fellow travellers. It has free wifi and a free BBQ night with other activities going on in the bar during the week. The staff are friendly and enthusiastic. The only downside I felt was the cleanliness, my feet would be black if I walked around bare foot and I felt the showers could be updated as they're a little old. I also saw a cockroach on the wall... Gross :(

Thanks for staying at Backpack OZ. We appreciate your feedback. We had all our carpets professionally steamed cleaned only a few weeks ago. With hundreds of feet and shoes walking over the carpets every day, they are sure to get dirty again. Cheers Backpack OZ

Very extraordinary about the hostel is the great atmosphere and the friendly and helpful staff. The wednesdays bbqs are very nice and you can learn to know people. The venue offers space to hang out, watch movies, play pool or have a drink at the bar.

• 27th Jan 2014

Overall this backpacker is ok and clean. Staying in a double room, a bit expensive for what it is. The kitchen and common areas are too small and it's ridiculous to have a kitchen closing at 9:30pm ! Apart from that ok.

Hi thanks for staying for one night at our hostel. The kitchen closes at 9.30 pm in correlation to when the office closes at 10.00 pm. We have had to sacrifice the kitchen closing time over the years so it can stay clean for you and all the other guests.

this place was awesome, it was so clean and comfortable.

• 26th Dec 2013

Good clean hostel in a relatively central location. Best hostel Wifi I've experienced.Decent group of people staying and a few beers were had while not affecting peoples sleep

Really enjoyed my second stay at Backpack Oz, thanks for having me!

Had a great time at backpacker oz, full of sociable people. Would recommend to all!

• 9th Nov 2013