Backpacker Samui Hostel

Good 155 Total Reviews
6.6
Good 155 Total Reviews

3rd Aug 2017

Was unsure about this place at first because of the mixed reviews but it actually turned out to be great. Both the man and lady working reception were nice. Especially the lady who was so patient with us. The room was very clean and the bathroom was decent, good AC. Close to the beach and felt very safe. Good location. No complaints here

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
6.9

Rooms were clean and nice, good location. Only problem we had is that reception closes reasonably early and opens late morning, so we almost didn't get our deposits back as we were not told that check out is so late! Luckily we found a woman who works there outside the hostel who managed to check us out before our 9.30 am bus.

• hjmackenzie5196
  • England, Male, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017
2.0

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in, and I'm a budget backpacker. Horrible people, terrible location, awful staff. They've paid for the rest of their reviews. Don't stay here if someone pays you to do it. I was supposed to be staying for 4 nights, and I left after 1. Terrible terrible dirty hostel. Avoid avoid avoid.

• harryscott
  • England, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
5.1

I left this hostel to go to Bangkok and had a handful of bites on me, and I just assumed they were mosquito bites. After 12 hours of leaving the hostel I had over 100 bites all over my body. Once i arrived in Bangkok I went to a Pharmacy seeking treatment, all in all I wouldn't stay here, it's 100% not worth the risk!!

21st Jul 2017

Everything from the location to the facilities to the atmosphere was pretty amazing. As long as you go during high season you'll find a buzzing hostel full of young people ready to rip it up in Koh Samui. The staff were helpful and accommodating. There's a small common area to chill in. There's a back door that lets you stay out as late as you want without disturbing anyone.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2017

Awesome place to meet people and have a good time! Great location.

19th Jun 2017
8.0

Stay here if you want to stay in the heart of Chaweng. The hostel is quiet and you will get a good night's sleep and you are close to the nightlife of Chaweng. The staff in this hostel was very nice and the morning coffee a big bonus.

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2017

Stayed here 4 years ago (at high season) and loved it, stayed again (low season) the atmosphere wasnt as great but a fab place to stay and fab location.