Backpacker Samui Hostel Reviews

191/13 Moo 2, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Thailand

Small hostel but has everything you need, decent location and beds were comfy. Doesn't have a large common area though so not as easy to socialise.

Place was clean enough, and not too far from beach and nightlife. Despite reading reviews, I never got to meet Ricky. The staff weren't the best. They spoke limited English and offered little advice when I came to them with questions. They sometimes got snappy with us when we struggled to understand what they were saying. On the upside were good cooks, though, and did help us clean our cuts after a small scooter accident.

It is a basic hostel but serves its purpose. Close to Chaweng beach for the beach in the day and bars in the evening. There was a good backpacker atmosphere which was good for a lone traveller.

Good place, the woman working there the best!

Brilliant hostel, right next to the beach and all the main bars, restaurants and clubs. Best food I've ever had cooked by Kaew at the Hostel, so pleased with my stay. I was a lone traveller and stayed for 5 nights it was that good!

Very good hostel! Location is good, far enough away to get a good nights sleep, close enough to walk to beach/bars. Food is amazing and cheap! There are 2 lady's who stay there all day to cook/clean ect. The owner Ricky is a top bloke and will help you out with anything! Deffo recommend!

Good Food and very friendly staff!!

Great hostel! The owner is really helpful :)

Best food I've had in Thailand. Eat every meal there. Their cook could own her own restaurant. Met so many great people at this hostel hard not to be biased. Ricky was very helpful too. This is the only place I'd stay if I return to Samui. EAT THERE THANK ME LATER.

Amazing food.

Stayed on Koh Samui for the full moon party. The owner went out of his way to help us get to the party, arranging all our transport and even drawing us a map of Haad Rin Beach to make sure we knew where we were going. Great location, 5 min walk to the beach and right by the main strip of shops and bars. A/C rooms with comfy beds, would definitely stay there again.

Great stay at this hostel, two dorms rooms that very clean with AC and fans. Good atmosphere as stayed during the Full Moon Party, Ricky the owner helped us out with the Full Moon tickets and gave us great recommendations on where to go during the night. Food is served downstairs at possibly the cheapest prices on Samui and is excellent. Recommend staying here.

My stay was great, Ricky is a very welcoming owner who is willing to help you out or recommend something. The atmosphere is good if you are solo traveler. The downstairs area even has cheap food and nice patio.Also, location is good, it is near a supermarket and close to the beach. You can walk to most places. You definitely feel safe at the hostel as well. One bathroom was probably not enough for how many people are in a room but it included shampoo and soap! Very nice!