Backpacker's Family Club Reviews

Calle Berlin Nº 1089 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Very quiet hostel in a quiet neighborhood of Miraflores. Not a very social atmosphere. There was a "bar" but no bartender or alcohol that I ever saw. Ok facilities to sleep just a very quiet atmosphere. There is no sign on the building so it's hard to recognize. No regrets but I would rather try a different place. One staff member was sleeping all day. The other gave us incorrect information. Otherwise facilities were fine.

Very nice hostel, great staff, very helpful ! The place is quiet, very close to the coast and only 10 minutes walking from the center of Miraflores. Tip: book online, it's cheaper than when you just show up

I stayed two night at Backpackers club. The staff was super nice there. And it was the best bulks I have had on my travel. There were big saves in the room where you could easily put in smaller bags.

This hostel was everything I needed! I had two nights there between flying in and starting a tour. The staff were fantastic and very helpful. The hostel is very clean and quiet. I'd recommend it for a few nights :)

The hostel is an excellent location. Everything was clean and it was nice and quiet, which was perfect for us. The desk staff were extremely warm and friendly. A great place to stay in Miraflores.

The pink house was a little hard to find without a sign at first, but so easy to spot after. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms and spaces. Only bummer was lack of social atmosphere until New Years eve when they got everybody together and provided some drinks! Thanks!

Me and my friend really enjoyed our stay there. It is well-located, the staff is super friendly and nice and the breakfast is also included. It is not far away from the sea and you can have a nice walk in the park by the ocean which leads you to the main shopping mall in Miraflores. The rooms were quite spacious and the common area is cosy (you can watch DVDs, TV and simply chat with other travelers).

Good place, but a bit away of things to do, even a decent meal. so you may have to walk a lot or spend some extra for taxi or bus.

Very clean,staffe very helpful and friendly nice atmosphere!

Excellent service, helpful staff and nice atmosphere!

• 14th Dec 2014

the hostel is located in a very nice area,miraflores,near the ocean and all the amenities and transports.its clean and quiet,with extremely nice and helpful staff. The owner is very friendly,they could arrange tours as well.defenetly reccomended!!!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Everyone that works at this hostel is so nice, supportive, helpful, and welcoming. Highly recommend, and a beautiful space to boot.

The environment of this hostel was very weird. From the moment you arrive, the various people that work the desk, they don't speak very good English, so you'll definitely need to speak Spanish to get by. The environment is very bare and unwelcoming, Random bean bags thrown everywhere, paint wasn't done well in the rooms, and the bar that is supposed to exist in the sitting area doesn't exist. False advertising. WiFi doesn't work in the private rooms at all, so you're forced to inside.

First your comment is very disrespectful, we never used to do false advertising , We are working for 8 years and we have a good reputation based in a honest and responsible work. I remember clearly you and your friend, you made a reservation in a private matrimonial ensuite and to feel comfortable we upgraded in a private small apartment that cost US $ 10 dollars more, Why did you make an unfair review, you didn’t mentioned anything bad when you were here? And of course we have a bar open

I felt comfortable there. Extremely good in terms of value:It's very safe and the staff was extremely helpful,the breakfast everyday,rooms are beatiful and clean, and they couldn't be better located and best of all there was always a clean and hot shower. Definitely a good place to stay!!!

The hostel has a great location in a peaceful neighborhood. What bothered me was a visible layer of mold on our double room's walls. You could also smell it when you entered the room. This is really bad for one's health. The WiFi signal did not reach the room, so that was another inconvenience. WiFi routers are not expensive and it isn't hard to spread them around the house to get good coverage everywhere.

Dear guest.. when you get here we had in Lima 90% humidity now is summer is warming up and also you got the room next to the garden..about the WIFI, we have really good signal and connection in all the common areas in the first floor and second floor, ...we are nice backpackers hostel , ...not a hotel that why we don't have WIFi inside the rooms... thanks for your comment!

Stayed here for 2 nights. Staff were excellent. I misplaced a jacket in the taxi and Patrick, Alex and the 2 Pedros went out of their way to help me get it back - thank you so much! security is excellent and location close to main amenities. would definitely stay here again if I'm back in Lima!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

New location , big house and new, with all that you need for a confortable stay...I love the bar with really good drinks, ask for Pisco Sour, delicious!...thank you guys to make me feel at home!

Nice location in peacful area of Milaflores 5 min from shore park and 10-15 min to kennedy park. There is so much space in this hostel and you can really feel like home there. The strange thing is that the building is not marked with the name of the hostel so u should know the exact address to get there or try to ask the locals.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The breakfast could be better! Just bread and butter or jam! A slice of cheese would make the whole difference!

This place was awesome. The location in miraflores is really nice as there are lots of parks and nice walks to take - there's also loads of great restaurants around and it's safe. The hostel was also great - good kitchen and nice breakfast (typical SA breakfast). The staff were helpful and the Internet worked great. Would definitely stay here again

« first « Prev 1 2 3