Backpacker's Family Club Reviews

Calle Berlin Nº 1089 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Great place! Perfect location in a quiet neighborhood in the fancy Miraflores neighborhood, close enough to walk downtown or take a cheap city bus. Internet was good in the lobby, barely worked in my dorm room. No biggie, there's a nice lobby area with comfy chairs to hang out in. Breakfast isn't really breakfast though. It's toast, juice, tea and coffee. So basically, just toast. A couple eggs and/or fruit would have been nice. But hey for $9 a night you can't complain. Definitely recommend.

Our stay at family club was amazing. We got so much more from the experience than we expected. The staff at the front desk. Roberto in particular, was more hospitable than we could have even imagined. Without even asking, he gave us a full-on local experience; complete with salsa dancing, lunch in one of the oldest restaurants in Lima and a complete tour of the city by bus that we would have never attempted to do on our own. The staff is so helpful, they provide everything you could ask for.

• 14th Sep 2015

Nice and decorated house,.very friendly and helpful staff,,,big and comfortable rooms and good wifi in the common areas.

Here I found all that I needed ...nice and clean House,confortable and safety room, hoy shower and decent wifi.the staff id profesional and friendly, .beautiful neughborhood.

This is my fifth trip to Lima and I always choose Backpackers Family. I enjoy the hospitality and the informative staff that are there to assist. My next stay in Lima will be right back with the Backpacker Family.

The location is excellent as it is near shops, restaurants, and the ocean without being in the middle of the touristy area. Area around the hostel was very safe and easliy within walking distance to local attractions. Staff were terrific as they were helpful in suggesting activities for my 2 days and nights in the city, and were just generally friendly. I would definitely stay again.

Christian confirmed our airport pick up but then no one shows up for 1.5 hours We booked a two bed private and instead got a double bed No wifi in the private Have to drop off the key to the main hostel every time but often no one answers the door As we're checking out and paying, Christian gets all confused by the math and instead of giving us change, he goes on Facebook and YouTube mid transaction???? Not professional at all Location was mediocre. expensive for what we got

Decent hostel in a very good area, have security cameras and many lockers. Rooms are nice as well, internet connection is very good!!. Staff is helpful! The only thing we were missing was some sort of hostel spirit. There were only few people staying there, so it was not so great to meet and interact. And the pick-up service from the airport we ordered did not work out as planned (we were informed to look for a sign with our name, while the driver was waiting at a specific pick up point)

Backpacker's Family Club is a fantastic hostel. The staff goes above and beyond with accommodations. The location is walking distance to all you'd need in Miraflores neighborhood, without the hustle and bustle of crowded and touristy Kennedy Park. Ample lockers, good facilities, standard breakfast, great staff. If I'm ever back in Lima, this is where I'll stay!

Very thin walls. Staff not as attentive at night. Otherwise very calm atmosphere and typically conducive to rest.

Nothing special but OK.

very nice staff!

• 19th Jun 2015

I love this place and the staff is really nice. Everything you need you will find here. There is as well a basic breakfast included. When i'm going back to Lima ... I will stay here again. Wifi is ok, rooms are ok, kitchen, outside tables, inside lounge with 42" flat screen.

• 16th Jun 2015

Nice quiet location, close to the seafront and within 20 mins from most bits in miraflores. The hostel itself was great, comfy beds, nice lounge, and the best shower in South america!! kitchen utensils are a bit sparse but despite that we did manager to cook a meal for 13 people!! The only downside is this hostek has no sign on the outside, and therefore is fairly tricky to find!

The guy with the tatoos is really nice and helpful. The other guy was watching TV all the time...couldn't tell me where the bathrooms are, nothing! Beds are clean and the lockers are good.

Very easy-going place. Nice and safe with lockers available.

I loved this hostel up until the point where they unexpectedly closed 'for cleaning' halfway through my stay so I had to find another hostel. Bathrooms were clean, showers good, lockers available and kitchen facilities if you need. About a 10-15 mi walk to Kennedy park in miraflores. Rooms were spacious too

Beds were fairly comfortable although one bed in our room was upmade when we arrived meaning we had to split our group of 5 into two different rooms even though we had booked a 6 bed dorm. This bed remained unmade for the two days we stayed here! Breakfast was very basic, bread was stale. I would of preferred if the lockers were inside the room as often all the windows are open and the hostel is only two stories. I found the price to be more expensive than other leading hostels in the area.

thats's incrdible...you are the kinds of guests that no one want to receive, you are the noisiest and complaining group of girls that I've ever received... you didn't mention all the help that we provided and all the rules that you broke, as to eat in the room and make noise after allowing hours..without any respect to the other guests,,,.your review is completely unfair!

Some staff more helpful than others. Our room very good.

The staff were great, very helpful ;) The hostel is new and is kept very clean. There is plenty of space & good wi-fi in the common areas, always hot water in the showers, 24/7 reception, lockers, comfortable beds and basic breakfast, but there's also a lady with a stall selling fresh fruit across the street every day & plenty of cafes nearby. The park on the coast is well maintained and there is a 5 km running/bike track + nice viewpoints to watch the sunset or green areas just for flaking out!