Backpacker's Family Club Reviews

Calle Berlin Nº 1089 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I felt like home at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful with all my requests. The hostel is super clean and the facilities met all my expectations. The location is excellent as it is close to loads of shops, restaurants and bars. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Lima.

It was a great stay! The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the hostel is located near the beach, so don't forget to take a surf lesson!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Spain

This hostel was really nice and we really enjoyed our stay here. It is well located in Miraflores, but a good distance from central Lima. Our only complaint is that we tried to contact the hostel four times after we left (3 times by email, once by phone) and we got no response. We thought we may have left something behind us and found that they didn't help us with our inquiry. That aside, it's a clean, comfortable hostel that is good value for money.

Super comfortable hostel with all the facilities that you need for a good stay. Also you could get salsa Lesson, surf lesson and next week free spanish lesson. !n safety neighborhood and close to the beach Thank you guys for amazing stay!

• 22nd Sep 2014

I've been travelling for 3 moths in Sout America and this is far the best hostel that I stayed,,,Nice and huge house with big rooms and comfortable beds,,,the staff is plenty of knowlodge about the city and helping plans to travel in Peru...Good Pisco Souer in the bar and surrounded of bars and good restaurants, Excellent place to stay in Lima!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Russia

Beds were great, really comfortable. Great place for resting. Breakfast wasnt at the hostel, but in front of it, crossing the street. Bedroom had no keys. The shower was the worst point. had no pressure at all.

there's no key because you made a reservation in a mixed dorm , but got lockers to keep your stuff safe and we let you know

I was so disappointed with this hostel, it was empty and had zero atmosphere. The lack of doors in some areas made it very cold and night and the bedding provided was not enough to keep you warm on a September night in Lima. I found this place to be really soul-less and lonely! Disappointed the reviews were not accurate for my experience.

• 17th Sep 2014

it is the first time tha tI've heard that person that made a reservation in a mixed dorm asked for company most of the people want to stay in a room alone. it is not high season in Lima,but we are pretty full all the year. If you felt cold during the night you should have asked for an extra blanket, in the hostel we provide al lthat you need for comfortable stay

Great hostel in Miraflores! Stayed for a week and would happily return. *Excellent staff- always happy to help in any way possible *Very clean, large rooms, plenty of space. Big, comfy bed in the private Double. *Showers- Hot, 90% of the time- i.e only slow risers get lukewarm. *WIFI- Good, common areas only. Gets a little slower with more people. *Not a party hostel, but we were happy to chill here. Nice little bar, good cable TV. *Continental brekky, with good guacamole! *Good, quiet location.

• 13th Sep 2014

Family Club is a new Hostel in a big house in the middle of Miraflores. Everything is new and beautiful. Also there is a bar where you can try peruviana drink Pisco Sour!! Staff 100% helpulf and friendly. Thanks for everything Pau , Petrick and Pedro.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

I was only one night there with my friends, but i really enjoyed it! And the staff makes great pisco souers!

• Finland

A very good hostel. Near to the beach. Near nightlife, but not too near.

• Peru

I felt so comfortable to stay in Family Club, is a new place with all that you ned, friendly staff, big and nice room, with good matress., nice house decoration, and also I have the chance to try an excellent Pisco Sour in the bar. 5 stars service!

• 5th Sep 2014

The best location. Helpful staff. Good atmosphere with the bar. No complainments!

Very nice hostel to stay in..very friendly staff at reception who will try their best to accomodate you..the communal area is quite good too, where we got to fellow travellers. Rooms were incredibly spacious and toilets spotless. The only thing that let's the hostel down is the poor breakfast..just bread rolls, jam and butter. In spite of this I would still recommend this hostel to any traveller

Very clean hostel in a safe area. Only bummer is that most people are there to fly in our out. Not a lot of activities or groups heading out. Kinda like everyone is on there iPhones. But staff is great and it's very clean and safe.

Extremely welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Petri and Deyvi are wonderful staff members, and the place is lucky to have them!

Fantastic hostel. The rooms are massive with comfortable beds, the common areas are comfortable and spacious. The bar is open now and drinks are reasonable, kitchen facilities are excellent. What would make this hostel the best I've ever stayed in would be a better breakfast, maybe some fruit/eggs.

Very nice place, even is a new hostel, they have everything to have a good stay... friendly and helpul stafff, nice big rooms, bar with the most delicious Pisco Sour and all the tips and information to travel safety and cheap in Peru...thank you so much!

• 13th Aug 2014

Small hostel. Wifi lobby only. Private room v. large, like hotel with towels. Shared room has tiny lockers only, no towel. First floor v. noisy due to bar at night but gets shut down 1 am or so. Staff v. friendly and English fluent. Bathrooms pretty clean but showers did not drain well. Damp climate so some mold but not in places that matter. COLD, one thin blanket provided but given a second on request. Very quiet street. Removed from sightseeing, taxi ride to get downtown cost 20-25 soles.

Super nice accomodation, we got really nice time. Excellent service, very clean room, helpful staff and Miraflores is more than we expected,modern, clean and the hostel is just 2 blocks from the beach, 5 stars backpacker's hostel !

• 9th Aug 2014