Backpacker's Family Club Reviews

Calle Berlin Nº 1089 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

the hostel is located in a very nice area,miraflores,near the ocean and all the amenities and transports.its clean and quiet,with extremely nice and helpful staff. The owner is very friendly,they could arrange tours as well.defenetly reccomended!!!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Everyone that works at this hostel is so nice, supportive, helpful, and welcoming. Highly recommend, and a beautiful space to boot.

The environment of this hostel was very weird. From the moment you arrive, the various people that work the desk, they don't speak very good English, so you'll definitely need to speak Spanish to get by. The environment is very bare and unwelcoming, Random bean bags thrown everywhere, paint wasn't done well in the rooms, and the bar that is supposed to exist in the sitting area doesn't exist. False advertising. WiFi doesn't work in the private rooms at all, so you're forced to inside.

I felt comfortable there. Extremely good in terms of value:It's very safe and the staff was extremely helpful,the breakfast everyday,rooms are beatiful and clean, and they couldn't be better located and best of all there was always a clean and hot shower. Definitely a good place to stay!!!

The hostel has a great location in a peaceful neighborhood. What bothered me was a visible layer of mold on our double room's walls. You could also smell it when you entered the room. This is really bad for one's health. The WiFi signal did not reach the room, so that was another inconvenience. WiFi routers are not expensive and it isn't hard to spread them around the house to get good coverage everywhere.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Estonia

Dear guest.. when you get here we had in Lima 90% humidity now is summer is warming up and also you got the room next to the garden..about the WIFI, we have really good signal and connection in all the common areas in the first floor and second floor, ...we are nice backpackers hostel , ...not a hotel that why we don't have WIFi inside the rooms... thanks for your comment!

Stayed here for 2 nights. Staff were excellent. I misplaced a jacket in the taxi and Patrick, Alex and the 2 Pedros went out of their way to help me get it back - thank you so much! security is excellent and location close to main amenities. would definitely stay here again if I'm back in Lima!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

New location , big house and new, with all that you need for a confortable stay...I love the bar with really good drinks, ask for Pisco Sour, delicious!...thank you guys to make me feel at home!

Nice location in peacful area of Milaflores 5 min from shore park and 10-15 min to kennedy park. There is so much space in this hostel and you can really feel like home there. The strange thing is that the building is not marked with the name of the hostel so u should know the exact address to get there or try to ask the locals.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The breakfast could be better! Just bread and butter or jam! A slice of cheese would make the whole difference!

This place was awesome. The location in miraflores is really nice as there are lots of parks and nice walks to take - there's also loads of great restaurants around and it's safe. The hostel was also great - good kitchen and nice breakfast (typical SA breakfast). The staff were helpful and the Internet worked great. Would definitely stay here again

This hostel was very accommodating and the staff went above and beyond to meet your needs. Our flight arrived around 1:30am and they arranged our taxi and stayed up so that we could check in. They gave excellent recommendations for foods and local businesses. Pedro also helped us out a lot when dealing with Peruvian domestic flights. Awesome deal for the price! The only thing that wasn't so great was the showers the water did not really warm up and the water pressure was extremely inconsistent.

Very friendly staff, the guys at the reception and the owner were most helpfull. I felt vey welcome. The hostal is clean. I go back at the end of my trip.

The hostel was very clean, and quiet. A nice place for some good sleep. The showers were always hot, and the kitchen was always clean. The staff were amazing.

I enjoyed my stay very much, the staff was very friendly and helpful, its location is excellent and the new bar offers some amazing drinks, especially the pisco sour, highly recomendable

Backpacker's Family Club is the best of Lima. Excellent personal,location, service and beautiful vibe!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Puerto Rico

I am shocked how this hostel is rated so well. This has been the worst hostel we've stayed in SA over 3 months. Breakfast is awful. Stale bread and jam. and thats if you're up early, before it runs out. Everyone was buying their own breakfast at the supermarket. The bar collects dust. Bathrooms never have toilet paper. The staff are hopeless - restaurant and tourist tips were by far the worst. Some staff know nothing about Lima. We have since stayed in House Project which is much better.

Nice staff !!!!! Pedro, Rafa, Pablo andan the other spanish guy did a good job!!!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Nice hostel in quiet area but good location in miraflores area

I felt like home at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful with all my requests. The hostel is super clean and the facilities met all my expectations. The location is excellent as it is close to loads of shops, restaurants and bars. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Lima.

It was a great stay! The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the hostel is located near the beach, so don't forget to take a surf lesson!

• 28th Sep 2014