Backpacker's Freak Hostel Reviews

1-25 (1st Floor), Jalan PM2, Plaza Mahkota, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Stayed here as it was Hari Raya and there was no other budget friendly rooms in Melaka. We were in a cramped dorm room, sheets weren't clean and it was so hot with only one small fan to cool the whole room. The room was probably worth the 10MYR we paid but the second night we changed rooms and he charged us quadruple the actual price (found out later on). There was security cameras that seemed to be more creepy than safe. Its cheap but pay the xtra MYR and stay somewhere better, you're worth it.

Basic 4 bed dorm, no lockers, more or less clean. i had to pay at the hotel nearby.

If you're going to be in Malacca, I recommend spending the extra money on some place better. It was incredible hot, and the air conditioner was "broken". Also the only person that I truly think was committed to ensuring a good experience was one of the European female staff workers. The most rude person was the Malaysian girl who worked at reception desk, because she would not give me back my key deposit. Also this hostel charges 7 ringgits per kilo of laundry which is a complete rip off!