9.0
Superb 252 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 252 Total Reviews
Backpacker's Home Located at 315-2, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo-Si, Jeju Island.
South Korea
Jeju Island Seogwipo, Jeju 315-2, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo-Si
90% 252
33.2471760 126.5591633
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

Clean rooms, nice locker. Open atmosphere and a cool outdoor common area. Helpful staff. My one complaint was that there was a BBQ party every night I stayed (which is awesome in itself). However they didn't advertise it and I had no idea until some Koreans told me about it, because they got text messages from the hostel. My suggestions would be to improve the advertising of this, or at least let guests know. Also a tour of the hostel (restaurant, kitchen, etc) upon arrival would be great.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
8.0

The room was clean and i loved that every bed hat these curtains! The building looked cool.

• camillahilton
  • England, Female, 25-30
30th Aug 2016
7.4

The Good: Very nice clean rooms with lockers, privacy curtain and ensuite. Claire on reception is very helpful. The Bad: Well located for transport but is in a big town,don't expect an island vibe here. Only 1 employee (Claire) can speak English, it's a bit ridiculous to employ staff in a hostel if they can only speak Korean. Breakfast is served in a dirty/smelly basement room. You are entitled to free breakfast if you book through HW but I only discovered this after a fellow traveller told me.

25th Aug 2016

Good hostel, the facilities are great. The shower is perfect and the beds are comfortable. I think it was one of nicest hostel that I ever stayed in terms of facilities. But, when I went there, there were mainly korean visitors and nobody was looking to mingle. It felt more like a normal boring hotel. Although helpful, the staff wouldn't make an effort to organize some hangouts and just a few are comfortable speaking in english. I guess there were some common BBQs, but we were not invited to it.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
23rd Aug 2016
8.0

Good. Very clean and sleep very good. Common areas also good. Too many hard rules though.

22nd Aug 2016
7.1

Staff is very rude and unknowledgeable I asked the girl about the free shuttle that say theyoffer for free every day she did nt know if it was running in the morning I also asked her for more information but instead she stood in my face smiling !!! Again I went for break fast and as soon I I tried to take some milk for the coffee the guy jumped on me and told me that i already had my Portion of Milk !!! . they mostly cater for Koreans not mix well maybe becaue they dont speak english

20th Aug 2016

I had a great time at Backpacker's Home. The hostel is in a great location that is close to the Airport Limousine bus stop as well as several attractions like Cheonjiyeon Waterfall. I stayed in a 6-bed all female dorm. The bathroom and the room itself were very clean. I especially liked that the hostel provided keys for the lockers. The manager, Mr. Kang is very friendly and funny. If you're looking for a good start-off point to see the sights of Jeju, I highly recommend this hostel.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

It was a really nice hostel with ensuite bedrooms, lockers with a key, bunk beds with curtains and security code entry into your room. Very clean and modern. Breakfast was cheap and plentiful. Only con was the staff. We walked to the front desk to check in and we were ushered into the main kitchen area where there were about 3 workers just chatting. We were completely ignored for at least a couple minutes before being acknowledged. Other than that, we didn't have any issues.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016
6.0

The room was clean and spacious. However, the staff were often quite unhelpful and unfriendly. I was not given any introduction about where to find things in the hostel, wifi, check-out or a map. The hostel is located close to plenty of shops and restaurants, and is within walking distance of two waterfalls to visit. Be prepared that you will need to catch a bus to see anything else on Jeju, as the hostel doesn't run a shuttle bus most days.

2nd Aug 2016

Really nice hostel, the rooms are some the nicest that I have stayed in, the staff is friendly and there is always someone who can help you figure out how to get somewhere. The location is nice as well, it is very easy to find and close to both the food street and some waterfalls.