Backpacker's Home Reviews

315-2, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo-Si, Jeju Island, South Korea

Staff were helpful, great breakfast and easy to reach location. Good facilities that are underutilised in terms of connecting people/fun. Overall is an excellent option and would definitely stay there again.

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The hostel is located in a great location! The rooms and facilities are kept extremely clean. Absolutely will be back!

A friend recommended this place to me and now Im recommending it to you! It was quite close to everything, including several different bus stops. It was extremely clean having been cleaned daily.

A super friendly, fun, clean, and relaxing hostel. Backpacker's home organized outdoor BBQ's on their very spacious patio-cafe and it was a great way to spend time with other travelers and eat some scrumptious food. The hostel is only about a 3-minute walk to Seogwipo's downtown open markets, 5-minute walk to local bus terminal, 10-minute walk to beautiful waterfalls, and a 15-minute walk to Oedolgae and the Olle trail. I had a wonderful stay and I'd definitely return to stay again.

Another awesome hostel! Very friendly staff. Always answered my questions and was very helpful. Location was great. Near airport limousine which was very ended up saving me a lot of time. Definitely recommend to others!

A very decent hostel. The room was very clean and air conditioned. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful - speaking excellent English. The included breakfast was also a bonus. At the time I visited most other travellers were Korean, which from my perspective was a good thing, but some international travellers might not prefer this. Also there is not really a common room to meet others but the bar area makes up for this. A solid stay, would use it again.

Room was clean and breakfast was good. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

Thank you so much for making my stay so pleasant. I really can't express how friendly and helpful the staff were, or how much the other guests made me feel welcome. The breakfast is amazing, the bbq is sublime, and the ice coffees were all served with a smile. I might go to Jeju again next summer, just to stay there. Thanks so much ;)

• 6th Aug 2013

The facility was really clean and I loved the breakfast buffet. The bar area is really nice and cozy. A great place to meet friends!

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was enjoyable. We were shocked by the apparent enforcement of an 11pm curfew - one which isn't advertised and would have definitely been a deal breaker. The staff were however lenient of the curfew under the promise of quiet behaviour! Overall we enjoyed our stay and thought that the staff were considerate to our needs and the needs of others in the hostel.

• 29th Jul 2013

We just loved to stay there! The owner is amazingly helpful, the location is perfect for hiking, bus and relaxing, the atmoesphere is great, the place offers everthing from bondfire to a great breakfast and the possibility to have a BBQ everz night with all other residents.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The owner has recently gotten two puppies, that are adorable. The staff at the desk speak English and have really good recommendations for where to eat or what to do. There was a few that didn't speak excellent English, but they were upbeat, and would try to understand as best they could! I will definitely go back to this hostel when I am in Seogwipo next! Conveniently located for all items on the south part of the island!

Great place, cleaned every day. Only thing they need is a dryer, no local laundromat has one and clothes took about 2 days to dry.

Nice hostel with a great place to dir outside and relax in the evening. Staff is very nice and always helpful!

The staff was great: super helpful, polite and nice. The bedroom itself was really nice as well, with a door onto a terrasse; however, in the washroom were the beginnings of a mold takeover. If nothing is done, in a few years, the whole washroom will need to be redone because mold was starting to grow everywhere: ceiling, sink corking, between floor and wall, and even on the door. If you can stand a bit of mold, then it's a great place: big dining area and a chill bar/dining/band area.

The hostel is clean and the staff is really friendly. there's a convenient store nearby and also a place to chill just outside the hostel. Free breakfast is also provided and the service is really good!

A really nice place to stay. I would definitely recommend it. The staff was really helpful in giving information about where to go and everything is very clean. The breakfast was a great added bonus, as it was a "western breakfast" as opposed to other breakfasts in Korea. Although this hostel is set up to be like hostels across southeast Asia, most of the people staying there came together, so don't expect to meet a lot of new people. But, this isn't the hostels fault, just the nature of Jeju.

• 26th Jun 2013

The best hostel I've ever stayed! The staff was super nice and friendly, they helped a lot to plan our trip through Jeju. The breakfast was amazing and our room looked like we stayed at a hotel. One more big plus - they changed towels everyday. The location was pretty good, 5 min from the limousine bus stop, which can take you to the airport and some touristic spots near Seogwipo. Strongly recommend this place!

Great hostel and great staff, very entertaining and helpfull! A very nice place to stay at and a cool place hang out. Do not miss the korean bbq in the summer time!!

Your hostel offered very nice accommodations

• 15th Jun 2013