Backpacker's Home Reviews

315-2, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo-Si, Jeju Island, South Korea

Really cool hostel! Best bed/ bed space ever!! Staff is helpful and good location.

Great place to stay in Seogwipo. Extremely clean, English-speaking staff with great local knowledge, perfect location, decent facilities to cook and store food. They even gave out free mandarins and have two nice dogs to play with. The atmosphere was a bit lacking but I put this down to my being there in the low-season rather than anything else. The terrace outside area would be awesome in summer!

We were three girls in a 6 bed female room,everyone got their own locker which was good. The bed was comfortable and the toilet was big and clean. The shower had an own door which separated the toilet from the shower, which was very good. The whole room was big with cleaning service every day. Usually when I live in hostels, I always prepare for the worst but Backpacker's home is really beyond your expectations. Nice service and clean rooms. Location is very good to the airport limousine.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Comfortable and clean place, everything is new including bathroom. Bed have lockers and curtain Staff is very friendly. There is a bar quite expensive but nice.

This hostel is in a convenient location on a shuttle bus route from the airport. It's clean, secure, and has all of the amenities. If you visit Jeju Island, stay in Seogwipo instead of Jeju City, and don't hesitate to stay here.

Was there for one night last year. It is a clean place to stay, staff was friendly.

A fantastic hostel to stay at on Jeju Island. I stayed here with my Mum for 1 night in a female dorm room. The staff are very friendly and helped us straight away locate the places we wanted to visit in the area. We joined the 'all you can eat pork BBQ night', and had a lovely time meeting other guests. Also the breakfast the next morning was a great addition. Overall a brilliant stay...highly reccommended!

Great location in terms of both transport (especially the airport bus) and closeness to all the facilities Seogwipo has to offer. Magnificent breakfast and owners who not only give advice but even supply "can't go wrong" paper instructions in English and Korean as to how to get to places of interest by bus.

really love the pavkage from the friendliness of the staff to the room to the breakfast..location is nice nearby many attraction and i near to airport limo..nice stay! though 11pm curfew is a little problem but i guess for safety purposes..

Clean, pretty affordable, great vibe what more to ask for.

The best hostel I've stayed in for a long time. However, I think it would be really easy to sneak in and take the room keys from the counter. That's a security issue

• 27th Sep 2013

I stayed 3 nights with backpackers and I didnt regret at all. Basic needs were all met!! Roy and the bosses were very friendly and helpful. I was even invited to have lunch together with them at a traditional Korean restaurant and that is one of the best bibimbap I have ever tasted!

Breakfast was better than other hostels, and the owner gave me very helpful information, which was good. But beds were too small for me so I had to fold my legs when sleeping. and they don't have living room and close all the facilities at 11. since there was no light available on the bed, I could do nothing but counting sheep at night. also, 10% of the fee I thought I had paid through this site wasn't included in my payment, so you have to pay 10% more if you make a reservati through this site.

Staff were helpful, great breakfast and easy to reach location. Good facilities that are underutilised in terms of connecting people/fun. Overall is an excellent option and would definitely stay there again.

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The hostel is located in a great location! The rooms and facilities are kept extremely clean. Absolutely will be back!

A friend recommended this place to me and now Im recommending it to you! It was quite close to everything, including several different bus stops. It was extremely clean having been cleaned daily.

A super friendly, fun, clean, and relaxing hostel. Backpacker's home organized outdoor BBQ's on their very spacious patio-cafe and it was a great way to spend time with other travelers and eat some scrumptious food. The hostel is only about a 3-minute walk to Seogwipo's downtown open markets, 5-minute walk to local bus terminal, 10-minute walk to beautiful waterfalls, and a 15-minute walk to Oedolgae and the Olle trail. I had a wonderful stay and I'd definitely return to stay again.

Another awesome hostel! Very friendly staff. Always answered my questions and was very helpful. Location was great. Near airport limousine which was very ended up saving me a lot of time. Definitely recommend to others!

A very decent hostel. The room was very clean and air conditioned. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful - speaking excellent English. The included breakfast was also a bonus. At the time I visited most other travellers were Korean, which from my perspective was a good thing, but some international travellers might not prefer this. Also there is not really a common room to meet others but the bar area makes up for this. A solid stay, would use it again.

Room was clean and breakfast was good. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• 8th Aug 2013