Backpacker's Home Reviews

315-2, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo-Si, Jeju Island, South Korea

I absolutely loved this hostel. The owner has recently gotten two puppies, that are adorable. The staff at the desk speak English and have really good recommendations for where to eat or what to do. There was a few that didn't speak excellent English, but they were upbeat, and would try to understand as best they could! I will definitely go back to this hostel when I am in Seogwipo next! Conveniently located for all items on the south part of the island!

Great place, cleaned every day. Only thing they need is a dryer, no local laundromat has one and clothes took about 2 days to dry.

Nice hostel with a great place to dir outside and relax in the evening. Staff is very nice and always helpful!

The staff was great: super helpful, polite and nice. The bedroom itself was really nice as well, with a door onto a terrasse; however, in the washroom were the beginnings of a mold takeover. If nothing is done, in a few years, the whole washroom will need to be redone because mold was starting to grow everywhere: ceiling, sink corking, between floor and wall, and even on the door. If you can stand a bit of mold, then it's a great place: big dining area and a chill bar/dining/band area.

The hostel is clean and the staff is really friendly. there's a convenient store nearby and also a place to chill just outside the hostel. Free breakfast is also provided and the service is really good!

A really nice place to stay. I would definitely recommend it. The staff was really helpful in giving information about where to go and everything is very clean. The breakfast was a great added bonus, as it was a "western breakfast" as opposed to other breakfasts in Korea. Although this hostel is set up to be like hostels across southeast Asia, most of the people staying there came together, so don't expect to meet a lot of new people. But, this isn't the hostels fault, just the nature of Jeju.

• 26th Jun 2013

The best hostel I've ever stayed! The staff was super nice and friendly, they helped a lot to plan our trip through Jeju. The breakfast was amazing and our room looked like we stayed at a hotel. One more big plus - they changed towels everyday. The location was pretty good, 5 min from the limousine bus stop, which can take you to the airport and some touristic spots near Seogwipo. Strongly recommend this place!

Great hostel and great staff, very entertaining and helpfull! A very nice place to stay at and a cool place hang out. Do not miss the korean bbq in the summer time!!

Your hostel offered very nice accommodations

• 15th Jun 2013

very cool place for stay in Jeju! more English service would do better lol.

The hostel is very cozy! They have their own cafe where you can get beer or coffee and it's a cool place to hang out. Outside you can play darts an inside the rooms are very clean. The location is great, tou can walk to the Jieongbang falls and the cheonjiyon falls from the hostel, also they can recommend a place to rent scooters.

We had a great three night stay at Backpacker's Home. The staff were all very friendly and if we ever return to Jeju we plan on staying there again. Thanks to the staff for all their help navigating the island! One of the best hostels I've stayed in:)

• 6th Jun 2013

The hostel has a nice location, waterfall within walking distance and good connection with the Airport Limousine bus 600. Be aware that there is a 11PM curfew though. The staff is very helpful, and can recommend you a lot. The bathrooms are a bit moldy, but it's very humid so that is expected. No charger outlets for the topbeds of the bunkbeds though, that is very inconvenient. A bit too expensive for my taste, but all in all a nice hostel.

I definitely recommend staying here. Getting to the hostel from the airport is very easy if you follow the instructions on the hostel's page. The place was very clean. Nice bar with wifi out in the front. The staff was very friendly and one of them, specifically, was very knowledgable on the public transportation.

Service was great, people were hospitable! Love it that there is a cafe at the hostel itself, which serves as a commonplace for tourists to get together and chill our nights away! Will definitely recommend it to my friends! I shall return! :)

• 25th May 2013
  • Singapore

The hospitality was really great. The room was basic but enough for us. The environment was superb. We are giving you 10/10 on your facilities and services.

amazing place! Close to all the main attractions in the South of Jeju. The staff is very friendly and even gave me a detailed hand drawn map which helped me find all the places I wanted to see. They often have bbq dinners at the hostal for only 10,000 won (10 dollars) which was supper awesome and a good way to meet other people in the hostel!

• 18th Apr 2013

I had a great experience. I couldn't find the hostel from the bus stop so I wandered into the closest establishment which was a hotel with non-English speaking staff. I had the name of the hostel so they called and the manager of Backpackers and he personally escorted me the hostel. He also gave me excellent detailed directions and maps to the hikes I wanted to do. I would recommend this hostel to any of my friends. Thank you Kenny!

room is small, but breakfast is good.

• 8th Apr 2013
  • China

Check out time is a little early (10 am) but the facilities were pretty roomy and very clean.

• 4th Apr 2013