Backpacker's Hostel Chez Patrick Reviews

32, Rue Pertinax, 1st Floor, 1st Floor, Nice, France

Great hostel and really kind staff/owner. Everything was great. Hostel has just coffee facilities, but it is ok if you don't intend to cook. Lock out from 11 till 14h when you have to leave, but after you have really clean hostel.

The lockout of 3 hours everyday was painful. The WiFi is awful. Rooms are OK.

I want to clarify some things about your review. You must read them before you book and accept to respect with a property. We have clearly written in the description of the hostel that lockout from 11:00 to 14:00, during which we clean the rooms... I recommend you to read against the hostel description. Nobody else complained about connection wifi, so we assume this service is working perfect. Regards,The staff

Great staff and localization! I would stay there another time.

Lack of a proper common area made this hostel more of just a place to sleep. The lockout during the day was annoying.

Definitely not 24 hour reception, but very friendly and helpful!

So secure and so close to the centre...it was ideal. So close to all transport including the train station but the road itself is quiet. Staff were so friendly and informative and provided so much information for any questions I had. Kitchen had the essentials for cooking so it was perfect. Shared toilets were clean and not a problem or hassle to use. Would definitely stay there again!

A great hostel, I would definitely recommend it to people. The location was fantastic, within only a few minutes walk to the train station and the beach. Patrick the owner was very warm when I arrived after an exhausting train ride, and gave me great advice during my stay. The kitchen was so nice and clean, which was a total plus to me, since I brought some food along. Overall, I had a wonderful time at Nice, and this is a place if you want a clean, cozy and air-conditioned little paradise.

There were only two toilets in the whole hostel and the wifi didn't really work inside the rooms themselves, only in the lobby.

We just stated one night in a double. Walls are very thin, it sounded like people were talking just outside our room, but with earplugs it's ok. Bathrooms and shower very clean. In the kitchen only a microwave, kettle and sink (but they say it, so no worries!). Good location, although a bit hard to find... ;)

the staff is incredibly nice. the guy whom I assume is Patrick is easy to talk to and happily recommends things to do in Nice. the rooms are clean. when I stayed it he atmosphere was so dead, though. there were no common areas to hang out besides the bench by reception, since for me the social factor is important when choosing a hostel. the kitchen is decent though oven and stove are not provided. there was only 1 shower for each gender , as in 2 stalls for the whole hostel, but they were clean

It is well situated and clean, the staff is nice! The only really annoying thing is that they ask everybody to leave the hostel from 11 to 2 to clean the rooms, but it is really anniying if you want to sleep late, or you had a flight and you are on jet lag and you want to take a nap!

I had a bit of problem with the WiFi, it could have been stronger. Staff very responsive and helpful, providing map and great suggestions. We spoke in English, very convenient! I'm sorry my French is so bad, but they were very accommodating.

Great hostel, especially if you arrive by train as it's 10 minutes from the station. Spotlessly clean, hot showers, comfy bed, secure. Wi-Fi a bit iffy but I can live with that.

As many have stated before this is a decent place to stay at. The rooms are nothingi to write home about but they are immaculately clean. The family who runs the hostel is superfriendly, they will give you lots of tipps on how tp navigate the city and its neighbors. A Lidl is nearby so you can buy cheap food if you're on a budget. Recommended!

Chez patrick is very friendly and accomodating who has a very friendly and playful dog. I stayed for a week in his place and didnt regret the decision. The location is awesome, about 300 meters from train station, 50meters from nearest tram, 4 minutes walk to old city and 7 minutes walk to the beach. The place is comfortable and clean, although a security locker would help. I would suggest to patrick prepare more kitchen utensils i suppose. Otherwise the place is great

Stayed for 6 days in Nice, host was extremely approachable and friendly. The hostel is very well maintained - cleaned daily and renovated yearly. Toilets and showers were very clean. One bad thing would be the beds - weren't the most comfortable, but what more could I expect for this price range? Recommended!

Patrick is a great guy! But it is a place to sleep only, no real reason to hang out there as there's nowhere really to hang out!

This is a very good hotel. It is only 10 minutes to walk from the Train station. It is very clean and the staffs are very nice.

• 15th Mar 2014