Backpacker's Hostel Chez Patrick Reviews

32, Rue Pertinax, 1st Floor, 1st Floor, Nice, France

The fellow at reception was delightful and really helpful with marking on a map where things are and good places to eat. Dorm style bunk beds were comfortable but the pillows were lumpy and hard.

The Backpacker's Hostel Chez Patrick is a very nice place to stay. The owners (Patrick and Endere) were very friendly and even went an extra mile to assist me with a printing of some documents. Thank you again! Julia

• 12th Sep 2014

This is a traditional backpackers hostel and thank god for it because otherwise Nice would be out of range for budget travelers. The hotel is also extremely conveniently located for the train station which made it a great place to stop. We also had a one year old child with us which was not a problem. The staff made us very welcome.

Pricey considering that the rooms are quite small and the Wi-Fi doesn't really work

Great hostel and really kind staff/owner. Everything was great. Hostel has just coffee facilities, but it is ok if you don't intend to cook. Lock out from 11 till 14h when you have to leave, but after you have really clean hostel.

The lockout of 3 hours everyday was painful. The WiFi is awful. Rooms are OK.

I want to clarify some things about your review. You must read them before you book and accept to respect with a property. We have clearly written in the description of the hostel that lockout from 11:00 to 14:00, during which we clean the rooms... I recommend you to read against the hostel description. Nobody else complained about connection wifi, so we assume this service is working perfect. Regards,The staff

Great staff and localization! I would stay there another time.

Lack of a proper common area made this hostel more of just a place to sleep. The lockout during the day was annoying.

Definitely not 24 hour reception, but very friendly and helpful!

So secure and so close to the centre...it was ideal. So close to all transport including the train station but the road itself is quiet. Staff were so friendly and informative and provided so much information for any questions I had. Kitchen had the essentials for cooking so it was perfect. Shared toilets were clean and not a problem or hassle to use. Would definitely stay there again!

A great hostel, I would definitely recommend it to people. The location was fantastic, within only a few minutes walk to the train station and the beach. Patrick the owner was very warm when I arrived after an exhausting train ride, and gave me great advice during my stay. The kitchen was so nice and clean, which was a total plus to me, since I brought some food along. Overall, I had a wonderful time at Nice, and this is a place if you want a clean, cozy and air-conditioned little paradise.