Backpacker's Suites & Bar Reviews

Urquiza 1045, Salta, Argentina

Upon arrival the two guys at the desk were rude an really lazy! We get that it is a hostel and we're not expecting any 5* hotel treatment but they should at least try to be just a little bit nice... To put the comment in context, we got there super early and the room was obviously not ready (checkin is at 2pm) but, instead of being cool about it... I don't know, maybe offering to keep our bags for a few hours... They just kept repeating that we were too early.

If you like reliable hot water after a long day if excursions, don't book here. I tried to shower about 5 different times and only got hot water once and even that was very low pressure and difficult to get clean. The beds were fine, staff was friendly enough, and wifi worked downstairs. I booked a 6-bed dorm and received an 8-bed without even a mention. The dinners they host were at the other hostel (BK Home) which had a much better atmosphere than the suits. Worst hostel we've stayed at in ARG

• 26th Jul 2014

Excelent for the money you pay.

We stayed here for one night on our way to Salta and it was fine for a stop over. The guys on the reception desk were extremely helpful, there weren't that many people staying there so I think they were glad to have something to do. Tarija is a beautiful town, where lots of Bolivians holiday and we were glad of the hot weather having come from La Paz. My only critique is the noise, the common area is in between the dorms and we had to be up really early, not all I wouldn't complain at all!

Stayed here for 3 nights and it did everything needed. The staff were really helpful advising and helping book stuff. Private room was very spacious with proper heating being amazing in the cold nights. Only real downsides were the kitchen being a little cramped and not always clean and the breakfast was very samey with sometime stale bread served. Good location being 5 mins walk from the main streets.

Nice hostel on walking distance of the city centre. Most of the staff was very helpful, Wifi was working well in the common areas.

Good location. Rooms were very spacey and clean. Good commen area to relax in. Breakfast was pretty much non existant apart from stale bread. Kitchen was filthy and had very limited equipment which was very old and made any fiorm of cooking very difficult.

Any problems with organisation, hostel was full and they moved me twice in different rooms bc my bed had been given to someone else whereas they booked it for me before and my stuff was on it... Anyway nothing terrible the hostel is a good place to stay, simple and good price for backpacker's budget.

Pros: Very clean!! Big lockers (though there aren't as many lockers as there are beds, which is not good). Clean bathrooms. patio in the back. Location is about 10-15 minute walk from the plaza. Cons: Not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages. Tiny kitchen with awful assortment of utensils. The key situation is a bit annoying, but for how big this hostel is it makes sense for security reasons. Not most comfortable atmosphere, but its spacious. Overall, I'd definitely recommend!

The hostel makes a decent base to explore Salta and the surrounding area.

Nice, modern, clean rooms. Good location. Small kitchen without enough cooking stuff. Internet only works in the lounge area. Every dorm only has 1 key, which you have to return to the staff every time you've needed it. Breakfast is basic.

Really good hostel, with a pool table in the common area. Rooms are nice and clean, with huge lockers! I can't understand why it's got so bad ratings...