BackpackerBerlin Reviews

Knorrpromenade 10, 10245 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Good location, fair price, nice stuff, simple but clean room. Just replace the shower curtains in the two bathrooms downstairs and keep the music from the reception in the mornings at a low level in the mornings. Then it would be perfect :)

We stayed for one night in the cheaper double bed room. Was totally ok for the price, cleanliness was fine if you go by Berlin standards ;-). Staff was super friendly and the cereals for breakfast were a nice surprise for us :-).

• 22nd Jan 2015

The location is not very good, although there is a train station nearby! So, for me it was not a problem! The room is very basic (the bunk bed is small), but staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is good, it does not seem you are in a hostel!

BackpackerBerlin is a very great hostel with wonderful staff and fun customers. I stayed here for about 5 nights and enjoyed all of it. The breakfast is a little lackluster, so don't expect too much. But, I'm not the type to complain about free breakfast, so I appreciate BackpackerBerlin's effort to put out food. Although I did not use the kitchen, it had everything I would have needed. The light switch was a little hard to find (in a small gap near the fridge and the wall). Overall, lovely.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • paulee369

I was a solo traveler and my stay in this hostel was really wonderful…cozy and warm, quirky, people cooking in the kitchen and offering me snacks, nice staff, coffee and tea, and a place to do some work. It was a great base after walking around all day and coming back there felt like coming home. Loved! But too bad there was no availability for next week...

• 20th Dec 2014

Actually the staff unfriendly at all especially a lady her name is Sophie! and a young guy at night shift, They made me feel very uncomfortable,

Great location (further from city center, but in a great district with easy reach by local transportation). Very comfortable beds. It was a good stay.

Our room was rubbish - small and right next to reception. Didn't get one good night's sleep in 4 nights. Walls and doors thin meaning everything could be heard. Woken in the morning by the phone ringing and kept awake at night with people shuffling around, going to the loo etc. One night someone forgot their key and rang the door buzzer for over an hour, constantly ringing the reception phone, but desk is unmanned at night. Wouldn't have been a problem if our room wasn't right next to the door!

• 13th Nov 2014

Mattress uncomfortable. Bathroom dirty and cluttered and shower soaked entire bathroom (toilet and sink area).

• 8th Nov 2014

I was getting over comparing hostels & what made me choose Berlin Backpackers was someone had written that it was the best hostel they'd stayed in in their 8wk trip- AND IT REALLY IS!!!!!!! The staff were excellent. The atmosphere was awesome, a really nice & cosy hostel with a comfortable and relaxing common room. The location was also great! I recommend getting a bike in Berlin, getting around is not only a lot quicker but a lot more fun as well!! I will definitely stay there when I return!!

I was really sad to leave this hostel, all the staff were very kind and helpful. Good overall atmosphere and would go back

I thought the hostel was great for a number of reasons- firstly the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and really made the trip much better. The mixed bed dorm I stayed in was very spacious for a standard 6 bed mixed dorm and also for the amazing price I was paying of €9.90 per night. The location was perfect to access the better nightclubs of berlin and also it was in a very chilled and cool part of Berlin. The hostel atmosphere was also very relaxed and laidback. Recommended!

• 30th Sep 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great value for money.

• 24th Sep 2014

Pretty good hostel, nice with private room. Shared bathroom was total good.

See you again!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Good hostel if your main goal is having a good place to rest, and with lots of bars to enjoy the night close to you at the same time. If you are searching for the typical party hostel, where you can meet flocks of people from all over the world, maybe this is not the place. But if you just want a good place to rest, without the stress of big hostels, this place is excellent. Service oriented staff, always willing to answer questions and to help.

Overall, I think it is a good place. The staff was really friendly and informative. The only thing that really bothered me is the fact that you had to walk for over 10 minutes to get to\from the train station, which makes the location not really good in my opinion.

Everything was right.