BackpackerBerlin

Fabulous 1377 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 1377 Total Reviews

20th Jun 2017

Great location, near easy train system, lots of food and bars, comfortable room, helpful staff

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2017

The area is awesome! initially I wanted to be more in what I considered the centre, but Ostkreuz is great with all the bakeries and areas to sit and drink beer! and its so easy to get to the main, well known spots. The hostel was a great price and pretty quiet for a backpacker hostel- I was in a 6 bunk dorm and slept soundly all 5 nights I was there. The two guys that greeted me on my arrival were super friendly and helpful, the eating places they recommended were amazing.

• Spain, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

Way more than I could have expected out of a hostel. I got super lucky with the people I got to hang out with while I was there, the staff was super friendly and funny. The beds are awesome, not squeaky the blankets and pillows are good quality, you get lockers! For your stuff, there's free coffee and cereal in the hang out room-they provide milk as well--there is a kitchen and a fridge to keep your things--and the location is amazing. not a party hostel very mature environment :)

• USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

10/10 would stay here again. Super convenient and affordable hostel near the popular restaurants and bars of the locals. I had the time of my life.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017
6.9

Good location in a very nice area; staff often wasn't available, had to wait 20 minutes at the entrance until another guest opened the door for me and then again at the front desk because still nobody showed up. Rooms and facilities are fine, but very basic. Contrary to description, there were NO reading lights in my dorm, so it's either overhead lights and waking everybody up upon return at night, or complete darkness. Overall, experience was good and I'd visit again, but don't expect too much

• stato308
  • Australia, Couple, 31-40
19th May 2017
7.7

Fantastic location. Seriously cool part of Berlin. Staff were awesome. Shower was average and the mattress was awful but I'd stay again purely on the location alone.

• MarieTravels
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
11th May 2017

The location was the best, cosy cafes, nightlife and nice scenery as soon as you step out. Hostel was clean and facilities were very good. Mood was fairly quiet, people were mostly in their respective rooms, but friendly. Slight downside were the amount of bathrooms - only two. AND someone stole our very clearly labeled pasta leftovers >:@ overall very friendly place.

8th May 2017

The hostel is not in the city center, but it really isn't a problem because there is a train station about 7 min walk away and a tram top 2 min walk away. The showers were not the best, often were blocked and water collected in them as you shower. The Wifi is pretty spotty. But the staff and people there make up for it all! :)

• USA, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

Great location, super clean, and no restrictions on your entering and exiting. I'd definitely come back.

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

Perfect location at a good price!! Me and my friend got put in separate rooms but the people I was with in my room were really friendly (and didn't wake when I came in at 5am after a night out!) The most comedy value is the guy on reception who appears to be the angriest human at first (must add that he's very helpful though), but deep down he's full of smiles! Word up chag!!!