BackpackerBerlin Reviews

Knorrpromenade 10, 10245 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

I loved the location, Friedrichshain has a great atmosphere and is very warm! The hostel was nice and friendly and the internet access was very handy for me as I had no devise of my own. You can have free tea and cereal whenever you want. I wish they put the new tax included in the price instead of added on when you get there. Also you have to pay a ten euro deposit for a locker key and a ten euro deposit for our door key, which makes sense, just god to know before you go ;D

• 27th Jun 2014

Nice people, great staff and lovely neighborhood. 10/10 would go here again.

Overall a descent hostel. Wouldn't recommend it if you want to be near the city center or if you're travelling alone and want to meet new people. It was a very tiny hostel and the common room was barely used.

We already spent a weekend at the Backpacker Hostel last year. We liked it so much that we came back for a second time. We really feel comfortable there - extremely friendly staff and great facilities.

• 19th Jun 2014

This is a top place. The location right amongst the Freidrichshain cafes and bars is great, and the clean facilities and staff service of BPB are tops. I particularly liked the common sitting room and kitchen. Also the smallness of the place meant you were inclined to meet and hang out with other travellers. I had the best time, thank you.

Clean, quiet and well located hostel near great restaurants/ bars and a quick S-barn trip into the centre of Berlin. Staff were lovely and facilities basic but clean.

Very nice place!

Friendly and welcoming hostel with great communal spaces. Free cereal available all day!

The hostel was nice enough, the location is wonderful, close to bars and pubs, and a beer shop just meters from the door. However, the common room closes at 11 or something, so don't try to stay up talking to any other guest or make friends. Also, the one person room I stayed in might be claustrophobic for some, as it is only wide enough to stand between your bed and the wall.

Location isn't very central, but it's easy to get to wherever you need to go by walking to train station nearby. The staff here are lovely, even working overtime to help us while we were there. The place is clean, and has a free cereal you can grab anytime of the day if you're hungry. Atmosphere was chill, and we found the neighborhood around very peaceful. Would recommend if you looking for something with good value for money, excellent staff, and you don't mind travelling a bit.

Everything was ok, but they need to clean the common bathroom more often.

I have to say that when I walked up to this place I felt very unsafe. In the end it was an ok place, but had I not been in a group, I would have left. The area is very grungy and you have to walk 8-15 minutes (depending on your speed and luggage) from the train station, not 5 like they advertise. You also have to pay for Wifi and the free breakfast is cereal hidden in a corner. Wifi wasn't a bad deal, 1 euro for 12 hours (not consecutive), but hard to use multiple devices.

I would definetly come back to stay at Backpacker Berlin!! The staff are very helpful and professional. We stayed in their doublerooms for 4 nights with clean andr fresh beds and linnens. The hostel has an ATM just around the corner and a great choise of bars and restaurants in the area! It is also very easy to take the subway from here or the tram in any direction. Thanks for a great stay!!

• 1st May 2014
  • Sweden

very far away of city center, u should pay for wifi

Our room was too noisy becasuse it was next to the common area. There was nobody attending the reception at night and some nigths there were people ringing the doorbell althought there was nobody there to open.

The beds were clean and comfortable and staff welcoming and willing to help. The only thing, though, is that you have to purchase Wifi for 1 Euro per 12 hours. However, there are computers with internet access free of charge serving as an alternative to Wifi.

1 2 Next » last »