Backpackers @ 1770 Reviews

22 Graham Colyer Drive, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

A small but friendly hostel with a great central location and good facilities including free wifi and laundry. The staff are fantastic and can't do enough to help you. I stayed in an 8 bed ensuite room which was clean but very hot and difficult to sleep in. Another fan or two wouldn't go a miss. Overall a great hostel and I would recommend!

• 19th Apr 2015

The central location is the only good part of this backpackers. The rooms have 10 beds and an en suite bathroom with one toilet and shower. Beware of booking the return shuttle to the Premier bus! 3 separate guests asked for the shuttle pick up from the backpackers and we were all told we would be picked up. However at time of pick up, no shuttle arrived. We all ended up missing the bus and couldn't get another over the busy school season. Shuttle driver told me nobody contacted her.

• 8th Apr 2015

worst hostel we have stayed in in Australia. We aren't picky or fussy but this hostel was abysmal! we paid extra for a private double room that turned out not to be private at all, there wer gaps between wall and ceiling so you could hear everything in other rooms. It was a dirty with flies and ants everywhere. At 4am we had to tell members of staff to be quiet outside our room so we could sleep. There was a tv but the room was boiling and no movies and wifi was crazy expensive!

I had a blast at this hostel. The crew is really nice and the manager (Will) is the best. I would def recommend if you're going to 1770. Plus it has a pool.

Claims to have free wifi but it was "being updated" for the entirety of my stay, I'd assume that there is in fact never any wifi. No hot water in the pathetic dribbly and dirty shower. One set of plugs for 12 bed dorm, located in the bathroom. Given a key but the door was never locked. Only plus point was location, right next to the petrol station and shops that are the centre of Agnes Water.

Was a nice stay in a pretty chill beach town. Pretty good staff, but wifi was down meaning there was almost no way of booking anything except at the gas station. Had to pay more for a different bus line because of this. The wifi seemed to be down awhile so I think they shouldn't put on hostel world that they have wifi.

Moved from Southern Cross and was much happier at Backpackers. It's the only hostel in the town so you can actually walk places as opposed to getting a shuttle that only runs once every few hours. Very social and friendly, main issue I had with the place was the cleanliness. They have a REALLY bad fly problem and should move the trashcan out of the kitchen (that seems to help in a lot of hostels I've stayed in). Oh and they really need more fans, seems like they're all in the staff dorms

The hostel is very clean. The rooms are very big, but hot. There is ni air condition, only vans. Great family atmosphere. I would come back.

I couldn't get my deposit back because of Australia day, and i left my e-mail, but still didn't hear anything. The rooms where TO HOT!! Bad fans, and some guy was sleeping naked.. No lock on the shower, and the water went everywhere.

Private room was awful. Was one big room with paper thin walls which didn't touch the ceiling so could hear everything that was being said in the next room. Would not recommend would find somewhere else!!!

They offer free laundry - but facilities were broken our entire stay. The staff very begrudgedly gave us money towards the launderette. General impression from staff was that they didn't care. Lack of air con also a BIG issue. In a 10 bed dorm was offered a broken fan. Again, staff just don't care.

Anyone could enter our room since the lock didn't work. Anyone could go in and out of the luggage store room Room needs more fans/ alternative more powerful ones - or even AC Only two outlets for eight people - by the sink Nice and helpful staff saves this place! Overall clean areas.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Very nice private cabin with bath. Clean and we were even given towels.

Roof fan in the room didn't work, and reception being closed between 12-4 was a bit of a pain but apart from that real nice hostel.

I had a great stay here. The staff were helpful; they weren't always in the reception, but they're usually around. friendly atmosphere. Nice little hangout area by the front door. They offer free laundry but there isn't really anywhere to hang your clothes. Other than that, it's at a great location right but the bus stop and restaurants, grocery store. Loved it

In general, I was less than impressed with my experience at this hostel. The kitchen utensils were unclean with poor cleaning utensils. My dorm room had to remain unlocked as some guests were not granted keys. Limited power points except in the bathroom. Very hot in the evenings.

Was here during one month and I felt like the staff was taking good care of me and was really service minded. The backpackers@1770 is a really good hostel in a town where chilling out is the main thing to do. The hostel is close to shops, beaches and they have an awesome pool next door!! The free wifi and free laundry is also two good things that adds up to the list! Though this hostel doesn't have the most awesome facilities they have their awesome staff that's totally welcoming!!!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Stayed just one night and really enjoyed my stay. Clean, free laundry, friendly, quiet nights. Great for breaking up the long Rainbow-Airliebeach busride.

I only stayed one night at the hostel as I had transportation booked for other places. However, I would highly recommend this hostel to other backpackers travelling through Agnes water as it is in the heart of all the stores which is very convenient, it's low priced and it has a very enjoyable atmosphere.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Good clean hostel . My room was spacious and had lockers in the room as well. Free Wifi and scored a free bbq too which was nice. The was a shuttle bus that picked us up from the Greyhound stop, but its only across the road anyways

View all Agnes Water - Town of 1770 Hostels