Backpackers @ 1770 Reviews

22 Graham Colyer Drive, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

Private room was awful. Was one big room with paper thin walls which didn't touch the ceiling so could hear everything that was being said in the next room. Would not recommend would find somewhere else!!!

They offer free laundry - but facilities were broken our entire stay. The staff very begrudgedly gave us money towards the launderette. General impression from staff was that they didn't care. Lack of air con also a BIG issue. In a 10 bed dorm was offered a broken fan. Again, staff just don't care.

Anyone could enter our room since the lock didn't work. Anyone could go in and out of the luggage store room Room needs more fans/ alternative more powerful ones - or even AC Only two outlets for eight people - by the sink Nice and helpful staff saves this place! Overall clean areas.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Very nice private cabin with bath. Clean and we were even given towels.

Roof fan in the room didn't work, and reception being closed between 12-4 was a bit of a pain but apart from that real nice hostel.

I had a great stay here. The staff were helpful; they weren't always in the reception, but they're usually around. friendly atmosphere. Nice little hangout area by the front door. They offer free laundry but there isn't really anywhere to hang your clothes. Other than that, it's at a great location right but the bus stop and restaurants, grocery store. Loved it

In general, I was less than impressed with my experience at this hostel. The kitchen utensils were unclean with poor cleaning utensils. My dorm room had to remain unlocked as some guests were not granted keys. Limited power points except in the bathroom. Very hot in the evenings.

Was here during one month and I felt like the staff was taking good care of me and was really service minded. The backpackers@1770 is a really good hostel in a town where chilling out is the main thing to do. The hostel is close to shops, beaches and they have an awesome pool next door!! The free wifi and free laundry is also two good things that adds up to the list! Though this hostel doesn't have the most awesome facilities they have their awesome staff that's totally welcoming!!!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Stayed just one night and really enjoyed my stay. Clean, free laundry, friendly, quiet nights. Great for breaking up the long Rainbow-Airliebeach busride.

I only stayed one night at the hostel as I had transportation booked for other places. However, I would highly recommend this hostel to other backpackers travelling through Agnes water as it is in the heart of all the stores which is very convenient, it's low priced and it has a very enjoyable atmosphere.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Good clean hostel . My room was spacious and had lockers in the room as well. Free Wifi and scored a free bbq too which was nice. The was a shuttle bus that picked us up from the Greyhound stop, but its only across the road anyways

Good location - close to the Greyhound bus stop, surfer school and supermarket. The atmosphere is really good - great common areas and kitchen with cool decoration on the walls!! :-) Reception is closed from 12-4pm... And if you leave before 8am you have to check out (give back you key) the night before and take your food from the fridge - not very good service....

I had the best stay at Backpackers @ 1770! It was clean with a great environment and amazing staff. Also closest hostel in town to the shops and beach. We spent a total of 5 nights, but wish we could have stayed longer, definitely recommend it to anyone passing through Agnes Water!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Pretty relaxed hostel. A bit annoying that the reception closes between 12-4 pm and that the knobs to the hotplates are half-broken.

Firstly the negatives. No table tennis in sight which was disappointing as I'd brought my own paddle after hearing the hostel hosted the North QLD table tennis competition. Moving swiftly on to the positives, fantastic staff who allowed use of facilities after check out. BYO alcohol which was refreshing and created splendid atmosphere whislt playing Danish rummy.

staff were fantastic. only problem I had was the reception is closed most of the day

• 15th Oct 2014

free wifi free laundry free food. what else?

Good value for money. It was ok, because wifi was not working properly, stafff were not enthusiastic and the room was dirty. Location is great and this hostel has a nice common area.

Stayed in a double room with high ceilings, walls not going all the way up. There are 3 rooms that are double in one large area. It is a glorified 6 dorm room you can hear everything that goes on in the other rooms. You do have your own fridge in this area. You are next to the kitchen and the general common outdoor area which is a major problem if people party and are loud which happened during our stay. Walking distance to shops, pub, beach which is a plus for those who do not have a car.

The guy at the reception were really friendly and was actually interested in what you have been doing during the day. Laundry was for free, same as the wifi. I would always stay there again.

View all Agnes Water - Town of 1770 Hostels