Backpackers @ 1770

Fabulous 315 Total Reviews
Fabulous 315 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Feb 2017

Staff were extremely helpful. Location is excellent, close to shops, groceries, and the beach. Be aware that 1770 is actually about a five minute drive (7km?) from Agnes Water - not walkable. My only complaint is that Hostelworld says there is a pool and steam room and there are neither (the staff said they have changed this numerous times with Hostelworld but the change hasn't come through on the propert details).

• Norway, Couple, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

Amazing place! We had a great time in Agnes Water because of this hostel - do stay here people. It is the most sociable hostel we have ever been in. While in Agnes Water I recommend taking a surf lesson (17-22 aud!!) and go for the sunset tour to 1770. Also, do not shop at Spar, take the minute longer walk to FoodWorks.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
29th Jan 2017

I had a great 3 nights here. Big Dorms, good equipped kitchen and a really nice atmosphere. It was great to meet new people as there was always something planned in the evenings. They also have $5 meals. I would definitely stay there again!!

• England, Couple, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
7.7

Staff and the dog were great! They also had free wifi and a great communal area and even an outside bamboo shower! Was shocked to see this was rated 9 on Hostelworld as we have stayed in better that are rated lower! It was very dirty mainly the kitchen area rooms were relatively clean! The dorms have a bathroom but has no door so don't expect to get much privacy here! There is also only 1 fan so can get hot! Due to no curtains I woke up to the sun burning my leg as I was on top bunk near window!

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

Lovely hostel close to the beach and shops. Stayed in a 10 bed room was very spacious but not very air conditioned which would be the only downfall. $5 meals each night also looked great. Despite thinking there wouldn't be much to do in Agnes Water we found loads to do, cheapest surf lessons on the east coast ($17 for 3 hours) and the Sunset Discovery tour.

• hayleyhannaford
  • England, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
26th Jan 2017
7.7

Nice hostel in a good location. Not the best atmosphere and the dorm room doors aren't ever kept locked but staff were friendly. Definitely recommend getting a 2 hour massage for $35 there by a lovely girl called Vic! It was so good!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017

My favourite place I've stayed by far. Close to the shops, close to main beach. Nice roads to skate and waves to surf. The staff are so so lovely, as were the other travellers I met there and the locals I met on the beach and in the water are just so friendly. Overall great place to stay and hard to leave! Happily would have stayed longer if I didn't have to move on. Sad I didn't get chance to say bye to everyone!!

• England, Couple, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017
8.0

Only stayed the one night in a private room which was clean and with good air con - just what we needed. They had a good offer on $5 dinners cooked by the staff and we saw they had bike and board hire even though we didn't use them. Staff were helpful in telling us good walks to do. They had a shuttle from the bus stop (2 min walk) but could do with running a shuttle to the town of 1770 (6km away), just a couple times a day (e.g. Sunset)

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Jan 2017
8.0

I enjoyed my one night here, the hostel is within walking distance to the shops and greyhound bus. The atmosphere is very chilled but there was a free quiz on the night I was there which was fun! The only negative is that my room didn't have air con so it was quite hot at night but I would still recommend staying here.

• silversurfer97
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
10th Jan 2017

Chilliges Hostel mit Hippie-Atmosphäre. Sieht oft etwas heruntergekommen aus, ist aber trotzdem sauber. Sehr große Zimmer, Küche ebenfalls groß, viel Platz im Kühlschrank. Nette Mitarbeiter, man kann günstig Surfboards ausleihen. Sehr zentral gelegen (Agnes Water ist ja auch winzig). Für 26$ etwas teuer, aber dafür ein Hostel mit super Stimmung.