Backpackers @ 1770 Reviews

22 Graham Colyer Drive, Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

Private room was not private at all. Half a cardboard wall no lock on the door and no covers over the blanket. It was freezing cold in the room and the blankets were really thin.

The staff are brilliant at this hostel; friendly and helpful to make us feel very welcome. We truly believe that overtime this team will make the hostel better and better. The downside was paying a private room price for a room that wasn't really private (the hostel admits this in their description of the doubles on this site) but luckily we had considerate room mates. An improvement/upgrade of kitchen facilities (hobs) and dry tea towels would take the hostel to the next level.

Despite the 10pm noise curfew, we were woken by loud talking and drinking at 2am. The double rooms which my husband and I choose over dormitory was very unfortunately located right next to the communal area and kitchen. The evening supervisor/manager confessed that he was drinking with some of the other guests that night and didn't hear a thing. Overall disappointing

• 25th Jul 2015

Great staff! Carlos

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Fine for a stop over, although the shower in the en suite leaked into the room. The whole room felt a bit damp and everything in my bag when I left was damp too, maybe some windows that opened would help.

Great hostel and a super friendly staff. Beds are comfy and rooms are clean. I would come back in a heartbeat!

I had a really good time in the hostel! The staff is so cool and always helpul and friendly. It has great common areas to share time with other guest. The location is the best too! I'd like to go back there!

There were no wall socket and no seperate lock in my double room.

• 6th May 2015

Such a friendly hostel, and I was only there for one night but I really wanted to stay longer it was just that good! Also free laundry is a major positive!

Very few power sockets in dorms. Privates don't have walls all the way to the ceiling and are not lockable individually (1 lock for 3 bedrooms) Showers in bad condition. Rest was good

A small but friendly hostel with a great central location and good facilities including free wifi and laundry. The staff are fantastic and can't do enough to help you. I stayed in an 8 bed ensuite room which was clean but very hot and difficult to sleep in. Another fan or two wouldn't go a miss. Overall a great hostel and I would recommend!

• 19th Apr 2015

nice place and so close to the beach and shops. the rooms are spacious. in my room the shower wasnt so good, but in other rooms it was a lot better. you can stay and use all facilities during the day if you have the overnight bus. big plus!

The central location is the only good part of this backpackers. The rooms have 10 beds and an en suite bathroom with one toilet and shower. Beware of booking the return shuttle to the Premier bus! 3 separate guests asked for the shuttle pick up from the backpackers and we were all told we would be picked up. However at time of pick up, no shuttle arrived. We all ended up missing the bus and couldn't get another over the busy school season. Shuttle driver told me nobody contacted her.

• 8th Apr 2015

The staff were disorganised and the hostel was being "cleaned" by backpackers staying for free (not effectively). The walls of the "private" rooms did not reach the ceiling so there was a lack of privacy, no locks on individual doors and no sockets in one private room. There were frequently dirty dishes in the sink. It was a convenient location for the beach/cafés-a very quiet town with not much to do.

worst hostel we have stayed in in Australia. We aren't picky or fussy but this hostel was abysmal! we paid extra for a private double room that turned out not to be private at all, there wer gaps between wall and ceiling so you could hear everything in other rooms. It was a dirty with flies and ants everywhere. At 4am we had to tell members of staff to be quiet outside our room so we could sleep. There was a tv but the room was boiling and no movies and wifi was crazy expensive!

Walls and deck outside my room literally caked in bird poop. Only 2 plugs for a 10 bed dorm... and those were in the bathroom. The common room, the only place with plugs and WiFi, hotter than a sauna during the day. Staff up late drinking with guests despite being audible all over the hostel. Met some great people though. We bonded on how awful it all is.

I had a blast at this hostel. The crew is really nice and the manager (Will) is the best. I would def recommend if you're going to 1770. Plus it has a pool.

Claims to have free wifi but it was "being updated" for the entirety of my stay, I'd assume that there is in fact never any wifi. No hot water in the pathetic dribbly and dirty shower. One set of plugs for 12 bed dorm, located in the bathroom. Given a key but the door was never locked. Only plus point was location, right next to the petrol station and shops that are the centre of Agnes Water.

Was a nice stay in a pretty chill beach town. Pretty good staff, but wifi was down meaning there was almost no way of booking anything except at the gas station. Had to pay more for a different bus line because of this. The wifi seemed to be down awhile so I think they shouldn't put on hostel world that they have wifi.

View all Agnes Water - Town of 1770 Hostels