Backpackers Al-Katre Reviews

Calle Martinez Rucker 14, Cordoba, Spain

This hostel is in an excellent location in centre of Cordoba, only a 5 minute walk from the Cathedral. It was clean, quiet and open 24hrs, with a nice continental breakfast included. The rooms were large with solid bunks and lockers with padlocks provided. There was a nice patio area in the courtyard to relax and read / chill out. I would recommend this hostel.

The location was great and the staff was very supportive, I liked it very much!! the only problem i had was that i arrived at 1230 pm, thee the reception was closed. But I called than and it was al right and resolved!! Besides that, it was really great! the breakfast was perfect!!

We stayed at apartment 11 (VIP) with a double bed. However, it is really close to the toilets, what makes the noise intolerable during the night. Some girls arrived late at night and took a shower at 4:30am, and the noise was reaaally high! The hostel in general is good, but avoid this bedroom!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Greece

Good breakfast in the morning and VERY clean bathrooms. 5 minutes from the Mezquita walking! Not a lot of opportunities to meet people, but it is a beautiful hostel

Perfect location!

I stayed at Al-Katre from the 1st of January to the 3rd of January and loved this hostel! Great location, great staff, breakfast included, good wifi connection, clean, and the decoration of the hostel is súper cute! Of course the atmosphere is probably better in the warmer months Spring to Fall but even being cold I had a great time! I stayed in an all female dorm on the first floor and didn't have a problem with any noise either. Súper tranquillo :)

The rooms were very cold and the insulation was not good. The first night we could not sleep due to loud guests talking in the kitchen area. Our key did not work to get back into the hospital at night, which made our stay even more unpleasant.

Good located hostel, clean and nice staff. Only downside would be that its not the best hostel to meet people.

Bed bugs. But it's a very pretty place with a decent hostel breakfast. There aren't enough room keys for every person and I know some people were accidentally locked out and had to get the staff to open it. Fairly uncomfortable beds compared to other hostels I've stayed in. Friendly staff but not the best place for solo travelers looking to meet people along the way.

sorry to say you're wrong about bedbugs, which stung your friend would be in another hostel, we are confident that we have neither here nor have ever had. As for room keys tell you a room that is shared for six key must always be placed at the door, single door key street, never dormitories provided. Do you know the damage it can do a review of these, besides being a lie.

BED BUGS. Got eaten alive (10+ bites) in Room 2. My friends bed was so slanted she nearly fell off it. Staff were helpful with recommendations and what not, despite their English not being the best. One of the worse hostels I've stayed at after 7 months in Europe - I don't normally leave negative reviews but I have no idea how this hostel has such a high rating. For one or two nights, assuming you can avoid the bed bugs, it'd be alright.

Are you sure it was here? Cleanliness is the first thing that we have everyday in mind, all the guest always remark this. Nobody before said something about this. We made an exhaustive revission of the room, and how we expect we didnt find any bug. We have all the certificates about insects, bugs, rats, that we need to operate in a business like this. We're sorry if you feel like that, but we can be sure that it was not here. The room was full that night, and you are the only with complains.