Backpackers Al-Katre

Fabulous 394 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 394 Total Reviews

14th Jul 2017

Could not get closer to the Mezquita. Beautiful hostel. Great facilities. Great staff. Nothing wrong with it. Highly recommend.

11th Jul 2017
5.1

This place is cheap....dirt cheap and realize that is what you are getting. There is a kitchen but no stove to do any real cooking. You are not able to lock the room to the dorm and the lockers were too small to fit a bag. Reception isn't 24 hours and I had a train to catch so I just left my door key on the desk and left. Staff is unprofessional and doesn't make you feel welcome at all. Also no one stays here and there is no atmosphere. Skip it.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Very convenient location for this hostel. We had a great room with air conditioning (which was necessary in the Córdoba heat!). The staff allowed us to leave our bags at the hostel before checkin and after check out which let us take advatage of all the time we had in this city. Very clean facilities! Great overall stay.

• Puerto Rico, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017
7.4

El staff no fue lo suficientemente atentos. Llegue temprano a dejar las maletas y casi me botan del hostal. pregunte por lugares que me recomendaran comer y me dijeron que no sab´ían. La habitación estaba bien, pero la cama no estaba hecha y era en un cuarto privado. El wifi no llegaba a mi cuarto.

Buenas Tardes. Usted se alojo en un Albergue para mochileros, la cama estaba vestida ,le proporcionamos las sabanas lavadas y planchadas encima de su cama para que usted las haga. Esto no es un Hotel. Yo la atendía personalmente y la guardé gratuitamente sus maletas en nuestra consigna. Usted me pregunto donde se encontraba la Mezquita y se lo indiqué amablemente, en ningun momento usted me preguntó por un establecimiento de comida, si hubiera sido así se lo hubiera marcado en el Mapa gustosamente. Volvieron a las 13:00 en punto y su habitación estaba lista, como marca su reserva en horario de check in. Puede gustr más o menos nuestro Albergue, pero no se pueden hacer comentarios desafortunados.

1st Jun 2017

Nice showers, comfy beds, good AC, quiet at night, excellent location in the historic district. Staff was somewhat brusque, and the place just had a little bit of a weird vibe. Also, the private room we were in had a window facing the hallway and courtyard, and the shutters weren't exactly noise proof, so it didn't really feel as private as we had hoped.

• Australia, Female, 41+
19th May 2017

Lovely place, good breakfast even with electricity cutting out when using toaster. Staff could be a bit friendlier.

19th May 2017
2.0

I asked the woman at the front desk if I could pay with my credit card, since I couldn't get money out of the ATM, and didn't have enough money for food for the rest of my trip. She forced me to pay cash anyway. I guess eating cereal for a week was okay with her. The shouting, cigarette smoke, flies, incense, lack of cleanliness, and penny pinching didn't help either.

We do not accept payments with cards below € 20.00, even so we make exceptions, in this Hotel we never oblige our customers, this comment is very unfortunate. It is forbidden to smoke in whole Hostel, it is only possible in the outside area, we do not know then what smoke is concerned. Check our score for cleanliness and customer service .. You have put a 2 in location .... if we are in the same street as the most important monument of our city LA MOSQUE .. Are you sure that you have been here, in our Hostel???

13th May 2017
8.0

Pretty good hostel close to the mezquita (tourist area). We stayed in the private twin which was alright but it was a little annoying that the bathrooms were a flight below us. Overall good hostel, would recommend.

4th May 2017

The location of the hostel was fantastic for the sites of the old town and the building had a lovely charm with its style and central courtyard. We had a private twin room was was really good value too.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

beautiful hostel only a few minutes away from the beautiful Mezquita; the staff is very friendly and always there to help you; the rooms have everything you need and are clean; I definitely can recommend this hostel and would go there again!