Backpackers Al-Katre Reviews

Calle Martinez Rucker 14, Cordoba, Andalucia, Spain

Staff was reallyhelpfulandnice! Cool lady! Breakfast had some nice treats and the toilets were kept very clean!

Fantastic hostel, best of all.... great staff, very helpful showing me how to get around on the map. Very very clean, amazing breakfast, (maybe a small cooker would help)....very quiet.. I was a golden oldie traveller and it was very secure. Well done..... keep on the same road Gilli

My loveee!!! I will miss you so much! You are the one with the most amazing hair ever!! Hope to see you some day!!! (Azahara)

It's a beautiful Hostel, the staff is friendly and kind. Location is perfect and it's quite too.

• 15th Mar 2014

Probably the cleanest hostel I've seen so far! And it still has a cute character. The staff seem to care a lot about the place and their guests. Being really central (Córdoba is not very big anyway) it's still a quiet place. Breakfast ist not included btw, but you can have coffee or tea any time you want. ¡Muchas gracias!

Mean quality hostel

Amazing! I´ve actually just recommended this hostel to a friend giong to Cordoba this weekend. The owner was so incredibly helpful and nice. She told us all the best places to go for breakfast, a cheap lunch, tapas, bars, discos, everything...she had the perfect answer for all of our questions! It´s also very central, right next to the Mezquita. All the rooms were clean and comfortable and decorated with style. Thanks for a great stay!

Wasn't too keen on being in the room beside the entrance, especially if the lounge area would have been noisy. But meeting the roommates were worth it, so no serious complaints. There were different receptionists during my 2-night stay, and my favourite was the hostess who was proudly from Valencia! I recommend being more clear and detailed on HOW to find the hostel from the train station/airport. Written directions were therefore confusing.

The best location ever. Great staff.

Not sure if she was the manager of the place, but she was so bubbly and helpful! She also spoke english, I wish I knew her name. The rooms are super clean and the showers are great too! I'll definitely return to Al-Katre!

• 9th Feb 2014

thank you!

I generally liked the Al-Katre, it's a very cute building in a great location. It's a bit sad that there is no place to cook though (there is a "kitchen", but it has only a microwave...).

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel was ok. The staff was really nice and friendly. I didn´t like that they made a mistake and we had to switch rooms both days that we were there because they had accidentaly placed someone else in our room. But they were very nice about it. It ws just annoying to have to switch when we were fine and comfortable in the first room we were in.

Breakfast

The basement dorm smells like mildew at all times and the bunk beds are wobbley and a but uncomfortable. I would not stay down there again. Pne of the hostel guests switched rooms for these reasons.

Very small and personal hostel with very nice atmosphere meeting all backpacker's needs. Excellent and very cooperative staff. I enjoyed my stay very well!

The staff were wonderfully helpful, spoke English and suggested a variety of things to do. The hostel is small but clean and there is plenty of space in the rooms. The kitchen area was functional and had everything you might need.

• 15th Nov 2013

I had such a wonderful time, with the friendly staff. I will defenitely come back

This was a really good hostel in a great location. Martha and her co worker where very helpful. The breakfast is good and we where recommended good restaurants for Tapas. I was a solo traveller and this hostel was good for meeting people.

A well-situated hostel next to the mezquita with friendly staff and really good breakfast included! We were also given lots of information about the city and good restaurants. Only "negative" points were a missing mirror in the room and few bathrooms. All in all we had a really good time there and can totally recommend it!

definitely great palce, lovely staff and atmosphere!

Thank you very much! It was a pleasure to have a couple like you in our hostel. Hope to see you again ;)