Backpackers Al-Katre Reviews

Calle Martinez Rucker 14, Cordoba, Spain

Excellent hostel!!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Really liked it here. Loved the open courtyard, free breakfast was better than average, there was a friendly, chilled-out vibe. The free walking tour was good, individual bathrooms was a nice touch for a hostel. Great location. Only thing I didn't like was that you don't lock the rooms - there was lockers, but made me feel like I had to lock up more than usual, though the main entrance was secure, so wasn't any problems. Air conditioning or better fans in the downstairs rooms would've been nice

Al Katre is set in an ideal location with a great vibe. Everyone in the staff is very easy going and always willing to share helpful tips about Cordoba. I had an excellent time at this hostel, and would definitely recommend it to fellow backpackers.

The staff here was very welcoming and helpful- especially when I got heat sick from the super hot July weather in cordoba- everyone came to help with cold towels, meds and yoga breaths(!) and the staff placed me in a cool room to recover- very sweet and attentive. Also beautiful open riad interior, very clean with lots of light, right next to the mosque. A !

It's very close to the Mezquita, only 1 minute walk. It may be a bit confusing to find at the first time, but once you've found it, it's very easy to reach. I was a bit surprised at first that the room was never locked, but it seems to be very safe, and there is a locker in the room as well. The hostel itself is very nice and clean, with a nice little patio typical of Cordoba houses. One of the staffs I met there seemed to be new, hence not really knowledgeable, but she's willing to help.

Great place, AWESOME location!

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at this hostel! We definitely recommend it and will stay there again if we come through Cordoba again!

• 27th Jun 2014

Perfect location close to the Mosque

This is a very cosy hostel located in the heart of the old town. All major attractions are within walking distant. Meet Martha! She is a very lovely and friendly host that would make you feel like home. The hostel is clean and quiet. An ideal place to rest for the ontoward journey. We would return!

Great place. Really relaxed vibe. In the heart of the old Jewish quarter, but still able to walk there from the bus station. Staff we lovely and so accommodating. The only down side is that the kitchen is a sink/fridge/microwave with so facilities to properly cook anything. I would still recommend it to a friend though :)

Hostel was clean and located right by the Roman bridge and The Mosque/Cathedral. The kitchen had a fridge and a microwave, nut no stove or oven. Some of the rooms have AC and some don't, which is necessary in the south of Spain, so make sure to ask for an AC room. Staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions for things to do.

great location, great staff that gave us tons of things to do... go on the waterfall excursion!... and the people I met there were so so fun. they also have air conditioning if you want them to turn it on. very very clean.

The staff at this hostel were very nie; they did not charge me when I had to change my booking at the last minute. Also, their kitchen is great, and they have a wonderful breakfast of fresh bread and coffee, among other things. The hostel also has a lounnge with a view of the courtyard and an extensive collection of National Geographics in Spanish. The hostel is literally down the street from the Mezquita, near restaurants, and is located in a beautiful building.

I loved my stay at Al-Katre so much! It was wonderful getting to know the people there-both the other travelers and the staff :) Thank you!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Nice hostel With very friendly/helpfull staff. Good location and clean.

Really nice hostel! Friendly staff. Love the courtyard & patio, great places to relax and hang out. Thanks for the free breakfast!

This hostel has everything I was looking for. Great location, friendly staff, comfy beds and a great patio area.

Staying here is just amazing! The only thing could be improved is more detailed information about direction to the hostel.

we loved this hostel. It was directly in the city center, the building was very nice, the room was nice and clean, with the lockers, the owner was absolutely amazing, she gave us a lot of local info and recommendations for places to visit and places to eat at and what to eat, it also offered nice continental breakfast...

LOVED this hostel! It was very clean, excellent location, great breakfast, helpful staff and comfortable beds. Only negative was that they had no lockers in the room to keep my stuff, but it turned out not to be a problem. Highly recommended!! Thanks!