Backpackers Al-Katre Reviews

Calle Martinez Rucker 14, Cordoba, Spain

Good located hostel, clean and nice staff. Only downside would be that its not the best hostel to meet people.

Bed bugs. But it's a very pretty place with a decent hostel breakfast. There aren't enough room keys for every person and I know some people were accidentally locked out and had to get the staff to open it. Fairly uncomfortable beds compared to other hostels I've stayed in. Friendly staff but not the best place for solo travelers looking to meet people along the way.

sorry to say you're wrong about bedbugs, which stung your friend would be in another hostel, we are confident that we have neither here nor have ever had. As for room keys tell you a room that is shared for six key must always be placed at the door, single door key street, never dormitories provided. Do you know the damage it can do a review of these, besides being a lie.

BED BUGS. Got eaten alive (10+ bites) in Room 2. My friends bed was so slanted she nearly fell off it. Staff were helpful with recommendations and what not, despite their English not being the best. One of the worse hostels I've stayed at after 7 months in Europe - I don't normally leave negative reviews but I have no idea how this hostel has such a high rating. For one or two nights, assuming you can avoid the bed bugs, it'd be alright.

Are you sure it was here? Cleanliness is the first thing that we have everyday in mind, all the guest always remark this. Nobody before said something about this. We made an exhaustive revission of the room, and how we expect we didnt find any bug. We have all the certificates about insects, bugs, rats, that we need to operate in a business like this. We're sorry if you feel like that, but we can be sure that it was not here. The room was full that night, and you are the only with complains.

Love the exotic hostel so much! Good location, great staffs, strong wifi connection. Nothing to be picky about. Really recommendable.

Ooooh thank you so much! We'll miss you! Was a pleasure having you with us!!

Fantastic hostel in a great location minutes from the mesquita. Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Not a party hostel.

Good hostel to stay for longer time.

The staff's English wasn't very proficient, there were no social events, and other than the smoker's patio out back there really wasn't any place to meet other travelers. Breakfast was average. It is right in the heart of Cordoba, so it's easy to see all the main attractions.

Very very nice Hostel, friendly Stuff, just 200 Meters from the Mezquita and Fairtrade Breakfast. Great Hostel!

Fantastic hostel!! I ended up choosing this hostel even though it was a bit more expensive than the other one I was thinking of. It was so worth it! The staff was extremely kind and very helpful, providing good information about town as well as great maps. They were able to keep my bag in storage even after checkout. The atmosphere is awesome and the location is perfect. It is very well run and organized with a good breakfast and is VERY CLEAN!! Would definitely stay again!!!

This Hostel is very beautyful and has alot of Charme! I've never seen such a clean Hostel and the Bathrooms are amazing! The only thing I missed, was a stove in the kitchen.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great location!

Pretty hostel, and in a fantastic location - right next to the Mesquita. It was more family-oriented than I expected, however, and it was a bit annoying to have to use the knocker every time I wanted to come in. But after midnight, they close the main door and you can use the key to let yourself in, so there's no issues with safety at night.

Hostel Al-Katre is really a beautiful hostel. I enjoyed the warm summer evenings sitting in the patio. Besides it is only a one minute walk to the Mezquita. I really recommend this hostel, it was one of the nicest and the cleanest I've ever been to.

amazing location right by the Mezquita, beautiful hostel, staff was very helpful (though some didn't speak English at all...), very clean.

Great central and calm location. Near to the cathetral (2min walk). Nice and helpful staff, which prepared breakfast for me when I departed early in the morning. Breakfast buffett is good. Common areas and bathrooms are very clean. Big : Separate spark plugs for each bed in the dorm, installed direct at the bed. (!!!) Small -: Hard to find the way to the hostal with a car or a motor bike in these small one way routes.

Stay here. Very quiet hostel but still a good place to meet other travellers. Great price. Only down side is that it's a little hard to find.

It was a perfect hostel: clean, beautiful, cheap, and at an amazing location. I could not have asked for more.

The place is centrally located, about minute walk to the mesquita. The staff are very warm and accommodating.

Nice, clean hostel. Was a little concerned that the rooms didn't also lock but there were large lockers so I just locked everything up everyday which was good. The location is quite unbeatable. 1 minute from the Mezquita.

Can't argue with the location, very close to the Mesquita.