Backpackers Al-Katre

Fabulous 414 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 414 Total Reviews

16th Sep 2017

A tranquil and relaxing place to stay. The bed and pillow are good with the exception that the top bunk doesn't have a suppprt rail stopping you rolling off. Some lockers are questionable and the door to the room isn't ever locked. The breakfast is really average. In all a great place to relax.

14th Aug 2017

This is such a cozy and clean hostel! With it's perfect central location and adorable decoration i had no complaints. The AC was also working well. It is maybe not the easiest place to meet people, but there are common areas and a rooftop terrace. The staff was super nice and helped us with everything. Would go here again!

13th Aug 2017

Very good basic hostel. Great location literally minutes away from the mezquita and Roman bridge. I just stayed one night so I didn't have much time to assess everything. I didn't realize how rural Córdoba is - no tp in most toilets, no ac; it was a little rough. However the staff was super friendly, there was a common room and a backyard area conducive to socializing. Wifi worked. There was basic breakfast for a euro, which I skipped for a heartier meal outside of the hostel.

29th Jul 2017
6.0

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I was told a room with AC if I want to switch, yes of course! So I change, and the guy who works there let me know that he sometimes sleeps up there, fine. I try to go to sleep and he shines the light in my face to see if I'm sleeping + later while I was almost asleep asks if I want to share a bed with him. What?! I got up and left and it freaked me out so badly I left the city and didn't stay the next night. Don't stay here! I hope he gets fired. Disgusting.

Good morning, we just read your comment. It is very serious what you say, especially for us since this hostel is worked by women. The team Al Katre is a family and never after more than 14,000 guests have received a comment like this. We had a team meeting and nobody knows anything about what you explain. You should have talked to reception or the managers to have clarified these facts, I repeat so serious. We had a guest that gave problems in this regard the days that you were in our hostel and we think it is possible that he was. We will communicate with you by your private email so that you explain exactly to us, what day, how, where and who was to solve and clarify everything. I repeat, never, never a guest had problems in our hostel and the solution should have been the day you were here, to have been able to speak and take action against thisguest.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

Really awesome place and the location is perfect! The staff were really friendly and Angel was especially helpful with finding great places to eat and visit in the city. Most definitely coming back here!

• Greece, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

Great staff, very clean rooms and toilets, there is no air-condition in the shared-rooms but there is in the rooms for 2 or 3 people. The atmosphere is really great! It is absolutely value for money concerning the double/triple rooms. I do recommend it.

14th Jul 2017

Could not get closer to the Mezquita. Beautiful hostel. Great facilities. Great staff. Nothing wrong with it. Highly recommend.

11th Jul 2017
5.1

This place is cheap....dirt cheap and realize that is what you are getting. There is a kitchen but no stove to do any real cooking. You are not able to lock the room to the dorm and the lockers were too small to fit a bag. Reception isn't 24 hours and I had a train to catch so I just left my door key on the desk and left. Staff is unprofessional and doesn't make you feel welcome at all. Also no one stays here and there is no atmosphere. Skip it.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Very convenient location for this hostel. We had a great room with air conditioning (which was necessary in the Córdoba heat!). The staff allowed us to leave our bags at the hostel before checkin and after check out which let us take advatage of all the time we had in this city. Very clean facilities! Great overall stay.

• Puerto Rico, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017
7.4

El staff no fue lo suficientemente atentos. Llegue temprano a dejar las maletas y casi me botan del hostal. pregunte por lugares que me recomendaran comer y me dijeron que no sab´ían. La habitación estaba bien, pero la cama no estaba hecha y era en un cuarto privado. El wifi no llegaba a mi cuarto.

Buenas Tardes. Usted se alojo en un Albergue para mochileros, la cama estaba vestida ,le proporcionamos las sabanas lavadas y planchadas encima de su cama para que usted las haga. Esto no es un Hotel. Yo la atendía personalmente y la guardé gratuitamente sus maletas en nuestra consigna. Usted me pregunto donde se encontraba la Mezquita y se lo indiqué amablemente, en ningun momento usted me preguntó por un establecimiento de comida, si hubiera sido así se lo hubiera marcado en el Mapa gustosamente. Volvieron a las 13:00 en punto y su habitación estaba lista, como marca su reserva en horario de check in. Puede gustr más o menos nuestro Albergue, pero no se pueden hacer comentarios desafortunados.

×