Backpackers BCN Casanova Reviews

Casanova, 52, Barcelona, Spain

Overall good hostel for the price

• 24th Oct 2014

Didn't spend much time there but it was a good place to come back to. Comfortable beds, friendly staff

Everything inside good or excellent for this price. Hostel especially for young people. Clean enough, much space in breakfast aera. Bit hot in rooms. Staff helpful, but I don't apriciate that they don't respond on e-mails. Close to night shop (with wide selection of beer, even polish craft beers), lidl, Rambla and subway. If you are young, budget tourist Backpackers BCN Casanova is a good choice for you.

こじんまりとしたホステルです。全体的にとてもキレイで、スタッフもフレンドリーで、とても居心地がよかったです。立地もよく、いろんな場所に歩きで行けるので、電車代節約したい人にもいいと思います。

If you're looking for a perfect blend between a clean, calm hostel, and a hostel where you can meet other travelers (and stay out all night if you please) this is it. Note that there are two locations. I stayed in both! Casanova is larger and more facilitating of conversations, the other is smaller, a bit closer to town, has a more "homey" feeling and has a rooftop balcony that I adored drinking tea on. Super friendly staff. Had interesting conversations with three separate staff members :)

• 20th Sep 2014

Awesome Thanks!

• 10th Sep 2014

Highly recommended for the solo traveller. It feels like a home.

So nice staffffffs I really wanna visit here again

• 15th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you! You will be welcome, of course!

It was very dirty - standing water in the shower, no toilet paper, and no chargers in the hostel. It was very basic, and although it met our needs for a place to stay, did not provide the value for the amount of money we paid. The person at the front desk was kind, but the rest of the residents were very quiet, reserved, and didn't interact much. While that's OK, I have never been to a hostel that had such a bland vibe and such a lack of friendliness. It should probably be advertised as a motel.

We are sorry you found things in the hostel that were not as clean as they are usually. If there was something missing, like the toilet paper, you only had to ask the staff. I have seen you checked in late at night with your sister and left on the next day. I don't think that is enough time to value the atmosphere and the good vibes in the hostel. Most people like our place and this can be seen in the ratings. I am sorry you didn't.

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff are especially friendly and helpful, and will really make you feel like you are at home. This place actually felt more like I was staying at some one's house as opposed to a hostel, and I really like that.

I had a wonderful time there and stayed two times as I loved it. It is definitely what we call a backpacker hostel: simple, convivial, all basic things you need are there. It is very easy to talk with other travelers as everyone seems to be in a positive open backpacking mood. Beds are comfortable and there is a private lamp for each bed. One negative thing: air conditionner seems to not have worked in my second room. Otherwise, everything was great!!! Thanks to the wonderful staff too!

By far best hostel I have stayed in during my whole trip within Spain. - Perfect size for me (around 40 beds). - Warm-hearted, open-minded, thoughtful and thoroughly kind atmo. I had run out of money and they let me spend my two booked nights there nonetheless! - Kitchen is just AWESOME concerning size, equipment and cleanliness. - Rooms were clean, with air-con and wooden (not steel!) bunk beds. - My only tiny hitch is the bathrooms which could've been a bit cleaner but I have seen way worse.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, big lockers, kitchen and lounge. A relaxing and enjoyable experience !

• 6th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent Hostel, fantastic ambiance. Might want to steam clean some of those beds though ;)

Very quiet and small but well equipped hostel. Had some very odd roommates but that isn't the hostels fault. Decent location.

Awesome. I loved the hostel. Ought next to an airport bus, the metro and close to a lot of great things. Walking distance 10 min to everything I wanted to go and bought a few train tickets for far ones but well worth it. Walking distance I bars and beach as well. Amazing people (both staff and people staying there). Made great friends there.

The hostel is ok, with quite a good location. Breakfast is a bit poor compared to some great buffet we met elsewhere. Our last night was a bit annoying: we had a train to catch early in the morning and could not sleep because others (staff included) where shouting in the common room.

The way the hostel is designed gives plenty of opportunities to meet new people. small hostel, internet didnt work in the room. the only downsize was rude receptionist from USA, waking me up when he was sweeping the floor around 6am. the brush and his noisy flip flops were pretty noisy at such hour .big common area to rest, prepare food, etc

We are sorry for that incident but if you had been sleeping in your room that would not have happened.

I liked the location of this hostel, because it is on one side 15 min by walking from Plaza Espana, and also 15 min from Plaza de Cataluna, on the other side.

Best staff and in general best hostel in Barcelona:)