Backpackers BCN Casanova Reviews

Casanova, 52, Barcelona, Spain

The staff is really helpful, giving advice on how to move around the city and the places worth visit. They're well organized and keep track of every person that gets into the hostel, they don't give you a key to access it, you ring a bell and they open the door. They don't have a curfew, so I think it's cool. The place is quite small but comfortable, it's not overcrowed, and it's clean. I really liked it, I'm gonna definitely recommend it.

Backpackers BCN Cassanova was a great hostel, they were very welcoming and helped with multiple things. The security was great, you get your own locker in the room and its free. There is a kitchen which is always a plus. It was very home-like. Everyone was very nice and respectful of each other in the bedroom i.e. sleeping, light, loudness. The location is good, right near two metro stations.

No wifi in the bedroom Staff is really nice

• 13th Nov 2014

The room you were in is too far from the router but you move 5 metres and you get it. Sorry for that but there is wifi everywhere else.

A great hostel for a cheap price!

As you see from my scores I was very happy with my stay at Backpackers BCN Casanova. The helpful Argentinians guarded the door day and night. The kitchen and utensils were always aintained clean as were the dorms, showetrs and indeed all areas. Rosa (?) all all the staff worked hard and maintained a very pleasanmt and comfortable hostel. I hope I wil be able to return next year as there is plenty left for me to see by way of museums and to photograph toom when outside

Excellent facilities for the price! Clean rooms and bathrooms. Large lockers in the room. Clean and fully equipped kitchen. TV room and free wifi. Lovely staff that help with anything and everything. Laundry service for €8. Close to metro stations but also within walking distance of a lot of sights; ie 20 minutes to cathedral. Had a lovely time here!

Very good location: 10 mins walk to La Rambla, 3 mins walk to metro Line1 station. This is not a crowded hostel, it's quite cozy and makes you feel home, a place that you'd be happy to go back at night (or even during the day when you're tired and need some rest). Many toilets and showers you can use without waiting others, all very clean. A fully equipped kitchen. Free coffee and tea all the time. Very nice staff, helpful and smiling all the time. Comfy beds, cozy decorated rooms.

Thank you! Hope to see you again! :)

Overall good hostel for the price

Didn't spend much time there but it was a good place to come back to. Comfortable beds, friendly staff

Everything inside good or excellent for this price. Hostel especially for young people. Clean enough, much space in breakfast aera. Bit hot in rooms. Staff helpful, but I don't apriciate that they don't respond on e-mails. Close to night shop (with wide selection of beer, even polish craft beers), lidl, Rambla and subway. If you are young, budget tourist Backpackers BCN Casanova is a good choice for you.

こじんまりとしたホステルです。全体的にとてもキレイで、スタッフもフレンドリーで、とても居心地がよかったです。立地もよく、いろんな場所に歩きで行けるので、電車代節約したい人にもいいと思います。

If you're looking for a perfect blend between a clean, calm hostel, and a hostel where you can meet other travelers (and stay out all night if you please) this is it. Note that there are two locations. I stayed in both! Casanova is larger and more facilitating of conversations, the other is smaller, a bit closer to town, has a more "homey" feeling and has a rooftop balcony that I adored drinking tea on. Super friendly staff. Had interesting conversations with three separate staff members :)

• 20th Sep 2014

Awesome Thanks!

• 10th Sep 2014

Highly recommended for the solo traveller. It feels like a home.

So nice staffffffs I really wanna visit here again

• 15th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you! You will be welcome, of course!

It was very dirty - standing water in the shower, no toilet paper, and no chargers in the hostel. It was very basic, and although it met our needs for a place to stay, did not provide the value for the amount of money we paid. The person at the front desk was kind, but the rest of the residents were very quiet, reserved, and didn't interact much. While that's OK, I have never been to a hostel that had such a bland vibe and such a lack of friendliness. It should probably be advertised as a motel.

We are sorry you found things in the hostel that were not as clean as they are usually. If there was something missing, like the toilet paper, you only had to ask the staff. I have seen you checked in late at night with your sister and left on the next day. I don't think that is enough time to value the atmosphere and the good vibes in the hostel. Most people like our place and this can be seen in the ratings. I am sorry you didn't.

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff are especially friendly and helpful, and will really make you feel like you are at home. This place actually felt more like I was staying at some one's house as opposed to a hostel, and I really like that.

I had a wonderful time there and stayed two times as I loved it. It is definitely what we call a backpacker hostel: simple, convivial, all basic things you need are there. It is very easy to talk with other travelers as everyone seems to be in a positive open backpacking mood. Beds are comfortable and there is a private lamp for each bed. One negative thing: air conditionner seems to not have worked in my second room. Otherwise, everything was great!!! Thanks to the wonderful staff too!

By far best hostel I have stayed in during my whole trip within Spain. - Perfect size for me (around 40 beds). - Warm-hearted, open-minded, thoughtful and thoroughly kind atmo. I had run out of money and they let me spend my two booked nights there nonetheless! - Kitchen is just AWESOME concerning size, equipment and cleanliness. - Rooms were clean, with air-con and wooden (not steel!) bunk beds. - My only tiny hitch is the bathrooms which could've been a bit cleaner but I have seen way worse.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, big lockers, kitchen and lounge. A relaxing and enjoyable experience !

• 6th Aug 2014