Backpackers BCN Casanova Reviews

Casanova, 52, Barcelona, Spain

It was very dirty - standing water in the shower, no toilet paper, and no chargers in the hostel. It was very basic, and although it met our needs for a place to stay, did not provide the value for the amount of money we paid. The person at the front desk was kind, but the rest of the residents were very quiet, reserved, and didn't interact much. While that's OK, I have never been to a hostel that had such a bland vibe and such a lack of friendliness. It should probably be advertised as a motel.

We are sorry you found things in the hostel that were not as clean as they are usually. If there was something missing, like the toilet paper, you only had to ask the staff. I have seen you checked in late at night with your sister and left on the next day. I don't think that is enough time to value the atmosphere and the good vibes in the hostel. Most people like our place and this can be seen in the ratings. I am sorry you didn't.

By far best hostel I have stayed in during my whole trip within Spain. - Perfect size for me (around 40 beds). - Warm-hearted, open-minded, thoughtful and thoroughly kind atmo. I had run out of money and they let me spend my two booked nights there nonetheless! - Kitchen is just AWESOME concerning size, equipment and cleanliness. - Rooms were clean, with air-con and wooden (not steel!) bunk beds. - My only tiny hitch is the bathrooms which could've been a bit cleaner but I have seen way worse.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, big lockers, kitchen and lounge. A relaxing and enjoyable experience !

• 6th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent Hostel, fantastic ambiance. Might want to steam clean some of those beds though ;)

Very quiet and small but well equipped hostel. Had some very odd roommates but that isn't the hostels fault. Decent location.

Awesome. I loved the hostel. Ought next to an airport bus, the metro and close to a lot of great things. Walking distance 10 min to everything I wanted to go and bought a few train tickets for far ones but well worth it. Walking distance I bars and beach as well. Amazing people (both staff and people staying there). Made great friends there.

The hostel is ok, with quite a good location. Breakfast is a bit poor compared to some great buffet we met elsewhere. Our last night was a bit annoying: we had a train to catch early in the morning and could not sleep because others (staff included) where shouting in the common room.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • andrybo

The way the hostel is designed gives plenty of opportunities to meet new people. small hostel, internet didnt work in the room. the only downsize was rude receptionist from USA, waking me up when he was sweeping the floor around 6am. the brush and his noisy flip flops were pretty noisy at such hour .big common area to rest, prepare food, etc

We are sorry for that incident but if you had been sleeping in your room that would not have happened.

I liked the location of this hostel, because it is on one side 15 min by walking from Plaza Espana, and also 15 min from Plaza de Cataluna, on the other side.

Best staff and in general best hostel in Barcelona:)

Good location, close to metro, wifi always worked well, showers were good, lockers big, good kitchen facilities and security, staff always helpful and friendly. Only complaint was inconsistency with air con...one night it was freezing cold, next night I was able to get a blanket..they are available just had to ask, but then the air con was turned off and I woke up sweating! It was randomly on and off during my stay which made it uncomfortable in the dorm. Other than that really enjoyed my stay!

very nice hostel with friendly atmosphere..highly recommanded if you're traveling alone or in small groups. Perfect place to meet people and make new friends in barcelona !

Great place. The lady who works on the front desk is fantastic, extremely helpful. Good atmosphere with a great common area. Highly recommend this place. Will definitely return. Only complaint is the showers were always dirty..

The hostel was very nice and it was even better because there's a kitchen so we can save money. The location was nice and the atmosphere very friendly. Rooms are good, except for the lockers that aren't that easy and one that I was using was kind of broken. Love the staff and I will certainly recommend it and also come back there with other friends and family. Barcelona is amazing!

Very good

Firstly, although everywhere, on every wall there was written that there is night silence after 23 nobody obey that, even the staff who were wash the kitchen around midnight. Despite this, there was pretty cool hostel, and I would recomend it to friends. Thre were free breakfast, big game room, was wery cleen, everyone had his own locker. Staff had brochures for free food or some discounts. We had good tim in BCN. Gracias!

Since years the best Hostel in Barcelona.

everything was great .. so far, for me, this is the best hostel! and the staff are super nice, friendly and helpful... keep up the good works guys! & thanks for the great services

Amazing staff, super helpful and nice. Cozy atmosphere, you make friends with everyone here. My favorite hostel so far. Great place to stay if you are traveling alone.

• 23rd May 2014

Thanks! Hope to see you again!

Pros: Good kitchen and internet. Quiet and clean environment. Breakfast is included. Cons: Need to wait for shower room and toilet in the morning. Bedroom is a little too crowded. It cost more to wash clothes compared to other hostels.

Hey! Thanks for your comments and for taking one minute to rate us. There are 4 bathrooms and there is usually one free always but it might happen that everybody uses them at the same time. 8€ for washing, drying and folding your clothes is the normal price...