Backpackers BCN Casanova Reviews

Casanova, 52, Barcelona, Spain

1904 Total Reviews

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff are especially friendly and helpful, and will really make you feel like you are at home. This place actually felt more like I was staying at some one's house as opposed to a hostel, and I really like that.

I had a wonderful time there and stayed two times as I loved it. It is definitely what we call a backpacker hostel: simple, convivial, all basic things you need are there. It is very easy to talk with other travelers as everyone seems to be in a positive open backpacking mood. Beds are comfortable and there is a private lamp for each bed. One negative thing: air conditionner seems to not have worked in my second room. Otherwise, everything was great!!! Thanks to the wonderful staff too!

By far best hostel I have stayed in during my whole trip within Spain. - Perfect size for me (around 40 beds). - Warm-hearted, open-minded, thoughtful and thoroughly kind atmo. I had run out of money and they let me spend my two booked nights there nonetheless! - Kitchen is just AWESOME concerning size, equipment and cleanliness. - Rooms were clean, with air-con and wooden (not steel!) bunk beds. - My only tiny hitch is the bathrooms which could've been a bit cleaner but I have seen way worse.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, big lockers, kitchen and lounge. A relaxing and enjoyable experience !

• 6th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent Hostel, fantastic ambiance. Might want to steam clean some of those beds though ;)

Very quiet and small but well equipped hostel. Had some very odd roommates but that isn't the hostels fault. Decent location.

Awesome. I loved the hostel. Ought next to an airport bus, the metro and close to a lot of great things. Walking distance 10 min to everything I wanted to go and bought a few train tickets for far ones but well worth it. Walking distance I bars and beach as well. Amazing people (both staff and people staying there). Made great friends there.

The hostel is ok, with quite a good location. Breakfast is a bit poor compared to some great buffet we met elsewhere. Our last night was a bit annoying: we had a train to catch early in the morning and could not sleep because others (staff included) where shouting in the common room.

The way the hostel is designed gives plenty of opportunities to meet new people. small hostel, internet didnt work in the room. the only downsize was rude receptionist from USA, waking me up when he was sweeping the floor around 6am. the brush and his noisy flip flops were pretty noisy at such hour .big common area to rest, prepare food, etc

We are sorry for that incident but if you had been sleeping in your room that would not have happened.

I liked the location of this hostel, because it is on one side 15 min by walking from Plaza Espana, and also 15 min from Plaza de Cataluna, on the other side.

Best staff and in general best hostel in Barcelona:)

Good location, close to metro, wifi always worked well, showers were good, lockers big, good kitchen facilities and security, staff always helpful and friendly. Only complaint was inconsistency with air con...one night it was freezing cold, next night I was able to get a blanket..they are available just had to ask, but then the air con was turned off and I woke up sweating! It was randomly on and off during my stay which made it uncomfortable in the dorm. Other than that really enjoyed my stay!

very nice hostel with friendly atmosphere..highly recommanded if you're traveling alone or in small groups. Perfect place to meet people and make new friends in barcelona !

Great place. The lady who works on the front desk is fantastic, extremely helpful. Good atmosphere with a great common area. Highly recommend this place. Will definitely return. Only complaint is the showers were always dirty..

1 2 Next » last »