Backpackers BCN Reviews

Casanova, 52, Barcelona, Spain

2065 Total Reviews

Literally no atmosphere - not recommended for solo travellers.

absolutely loved the calm atmosphere inside. I've probably never been so comfortable in a hostel before, it's a shame I had to go to another hostel after 2 days as they had no rooms available. fantastic staff!

Terrible hostel. It was a sauna when I checked in. Everyone in the common room was sweating. There's no windows, and they don't turn on the AC. My bedsheets had lots of stains, as did my roommate. Room doors don't have locks. People have to ring a doorbell to enter, so you hear doorbells all night. Breakfast was poor. Spend your money elsewhere

Brian, we are really sorry you did not enjoy our hostel. The air conditioning in the common room was being fixed, that's why it was off, but the ones in the rooms were fine. You only had to turn it on or ask the staff. The sheets are all new and washed with hot water and bleach. If still they had some stain and we did not realise you only had to ask for new ones. The doors of the rooms have a key and can be locked, apart from the locker inside. Staff is helpful and clean everything all the time

Good location air conditioning in room, huge plus. A bit noisy out side but that was not the fault of the hostel

Really nice people and atmospere there:)

Gonna miss the staff there cause they're so nice and helpful. Feels like a home rather than hostel. :)

Wonderful hostel, engaged staff, great atmosphere in the common room (the included breakfast helps with that), and there was even a free guided hike up Montserrat I was able to take advantage of. The hostel had lots of offers for cheap food, suggestions for your itinerary, and staff who were available 24/7 for anything you need. This great hostel gave me a perfect starting point for my trip in Barcelona.

Its very secure and in a safe area. From the hostel its easy to go to the airport or walk to the historical center. I really liked the Staff. They were always smiling and very helpful. I didn't like the atmosphere in the hostel... but that mostly depends on the type of guests in the hostel. It was very clean. In general i don't like it when beds are not made by the hostel. Because there are always lazy people who don't make there own bed so the mattresses get messy. Good Wifi in the whole hostel

• 31st Jul 2015

Jana, thanks for your opinion and your rating. We cannot make the beds of all the guests, logically, but we provide free bed linen so that they can make them. All the guests are old enough to be responsible and clean and should make their own beds, but that is something we cannot control.

Our stay at Backpackers BNC was very nice. The staff was friendly and eager to help. You can cook own meals or find shops and cafes/restaurants within 5 min of walking distance. The centre is also easy to reach.

• 31st Jul 2015

By far the best hostel we've stayed at. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Working air conditioning, great kitchen, clean, and close to the city and a grocery store. Couldn't ask for more.

One of the best hostels I've stayed so far. Amazing price for a clean place, kind of familiar. The rooms are big and each bed has a locker. The common facilities were always tidy and the staff was very nice. In addition to this, you are at the city center and very close to supermarkets and metro stations.

Thank you! Hope to see you and Omar here again some day!

Great hostel located walking distance to the core. Staff was really friendly and helpful.

Old, very old... Should be renovated, at least new mattresses and new fans in the bathrooms would help... The doors are very thin... After 11pm it's not allowed to cook, what is fine, but the staff should also stop singing at this time... No atmosphere, stinky.

The hostel is not old and everything there works fine. The matresses are hard enough and people like them. It's a pity you did not see all the good things we have and that most people see.

Barcelona BCN was pretty nice. We didn't have the best people in our room. They kept opening the windows when it was hot and the AC would be on. We caught someone smoking a cigar in our room which was not pleasant. It looked to us like some of the staff was staying in our room, but we're not sure. Besides that staff were friendly. Location was okay not too much to do close by, but it was close to the subway. Other travelers were super friendly here, met some great people! Big kitchen to cook.

I had a great stay there:) Best Hostel in Barcelona!

Good location but not much atmosphere for a high rated Barcelona hostel. The building's quite old, the air con is weak and the rooms are next to the common room so it's quite noisy at night.

Hi! We could have changed the temperature in the room if you had asked. About the building ... it's not old but if it was, what's the problem? The kitchen and bathrooms are always clean and tidy, the matresses are comfortable, the location and security are perfect. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay like almost everybody does.

The room with 8 beds was really loud. The pipes were noisy whenever someone was in the bathroom next door. Also you could hear all the sounds from the street. The ac was very bad as well. However the room with 6 beds was super quiet and cold. Nice stuff and people although hard to socialize as the common space is not meant to be used after 22.

Never met so helpful and nice people like the personnel there! Next time I come to Barcelona, I'll be shure in the same hostel!!!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

C passiva! Hope to see you again!

I really like this hostel. It was cosy and clean. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

Thanks! It was nice having you here!

Good stay, worth a subway pass to get around if you'll be there a few days. A/C and wifi were a bit finicky.

• 10th Jul 2015