8.7
Fabulous 2,327 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 2,327 Total Reviews
Backpackers BCN Located at Casanova, 52, , Barcelona.
Spain
Barcelona 08011 Casanova, 52
87% 2327
41.3846172 2.1600151
    Rooms available

22nd Oct 2016
7.4

This place was fine; they are nice, and the facilities are satisfactorily clean albeit old and worn-looking ("homey"). I was not aware of the 10am checkout time before booking; I hope they update the description, as I would not have booked it if I had known. (I was attending an event that ended at 5am, so I only slept a few hours there.) The bed curtains were nice, and they were flexible with allowing me to store things in a locker for the day. Only a few showers and one was broken.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
7th Oct 2016

This is not a "party" hostel necessarily, but exactly what we were looking for in Barcelona. Super relaxed, feels like you're at home living in the city like a local, and a great family/chilled out vibe. Walking distance to most major sights, and close to good food (handy mini mart right across the road too) and train station!

7th Oct 2016
5.4

I didn't like this hostel. If you wanna meet other travelers and socialize, this is not the place. Showers are tiny, and the whole place is kinda dark. You need to ring the bell every time you wanna enter the building, because they only give you a room key. I guess this place would be ok if you just want a place to sleep.

We are sorry you did not like he place, although we offer much more than a place to sleep. We organize activities several times a week, so that guests meet, but if people don't want to, that's not our fault. We cannot oblige them. You told me you had stayed somewhere else in Barcelona and complained about the same and you admitted it was not the hostel's fault, but you accuse us of the same thing. Maybe you should have booked a party hostel and not this one. About the bell, as i told you, it is the way to control who enters the hostel, and this is for your security too. Next time book a party hostel with less control (and, maybe, more problems.)

6th Oct 2016
5.1

Staff waking you up so they can clean the room and the fact that it's 1 euro each time to lock and unlock your locker is just absurd. No one likes being nickel and dimed.

Some hostels are closed in the morning for cleaning but we adapt to people in order not to make them out and let them sleep. We clean the rooms in silence, BUT WE HAVE TO CLEAN! If we did not clean, you would complain because the hostel would be dirty, for God's sake! And the lockers ARE FREE. You get the coin back everytime you unlock it, so that you are saying is simply not true.

• France, Female, 18-24
26th Sep 2016

Great hostel, not a party hostel but a great vibe with super friendly staff!

• Benin, Female, 25-30
25th Sep 2016
7.4

The hostel is well located and the staff was young and welcoming. However, I found it too noisy at night, especially because it is confined and that the windows are directly on the street. The bathrooms are out of the dorms and shared by everyone. It didn't appreciate that much. Finally, I lost my golden necklace there when leaving, and apparently the staff could not find it. Overall, it was a good stay in an average hostel.

Having the batroom in the room is not the most practical thing, as if somedody is using the shower, for example, is blocking the toilet and sink. We have 4 bathrooms in the hostel and you can use any of them. Also, you cannot blame the staff for not finding something you lost. Probably somebody took it.

19th Sep 2016

They have good location and friendly staff. Bus stations and subway are very close.

19th Sep 2016
7.7

This place was great to stay in and sleep for a few days. People were great and the common room definitely gets people to interact and meet each other. Staff was much more interested in talking to each other than the guests. This is the first hostel we had been to that didn't walk us through the things to do and nightlife at all, so we were left to look everything up online only to find out that the hostel is associated with many discounts around town. That would have been helpful to know.

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
16th Sep 2016

Todo perfecto!!!! El lugar ideal esta cerca de todo! El staff super amable el precio mejor imposible ;)

10th Sep 2016

Not the best atmosphere. But that may have been the day I was there. Still pretty good for price. Can get a bit hot in the night but I would stay again