8.8
Fabulous 2,290 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 2,290 Total Reviews
Backpackers BCN Located at Casanova, 52, , Barcelona.
Spain
Barcelona 08011 Casanova, 52
88% 2290
41.3846172 2.1600151
    Rooms available

10th Sep 2016

Not the best atmosphere. But that may have been the day I was there. Still pretty good for price. Can get a bit hot in the night but I would stay again

31st Aug 2016
6.0

Overall a pretty average hostel with a few glaring problems. The good...bunks comfy, reading light, power points, curtain. Huge in room lockers! Good breakfast. Wonderful location! The bad...absolutely horrible wifi! Non-existent air con in room, very sweltering! Sinks/showers both have terrible hot water. Cold shaves get old after a while! Timer lights kept going off in the middle of a shower and I take short showers! I hesitate to recommend. Maybe for a day or two. Just consider the negatives!

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

Individual lockers and curtains around the beds meant great privacy and security. Location was quite good as walking distance to most major attractions but didn't necessarily feel super safe at night. Free breakfast and the hostel does lots of activities like bingo (winner gets a discount on accommodation), dinner etc which is a fantastic way to meet people! Definitely recommend!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2016
7.1

Good location. Rooms small and very hot. No windows in the room I stayed in. Door to dorm didn't have a lock.. However lockers were provided

All the bedrooms have a big window. It would be unhealthy not having it and it is compulsory by law. Doors have a key that you get when you give 10€ deposit. As you say, lockers are huge and free.

• England, Male, 18-24
19th Aug 2016

Liked the beds - they have curtains which makes it feel more personal, as well as a light and plug sockets by each. However was a very small hostel. Breakfast was included in the morning.

9th Aug 2016
7.1

Weird vibe - mix of really old people and even families with young children. Not a pick for young people looking to meet other backpackers. One of our friends had his entire wallet stolen while he napped in the lobby, and I had my euro stolen in the two minutes I left my room to go to the restroom. Not super safe.

Anna, we are not restrictive about age of the guests,as we think we all have the right to travel when we are on a budget. The family had children, yes, but they were polite and quiet, more than some adults. About the wallet stolen, we provide huge lockers to lock the stuff and it is only the guest's responsability to take care of his things. We can not know if the people staying in the hostel are good and honest people or not, so you can not blame the hostel for what the guests do. The guy whose wallet was stolen admitted it was his fault, so i don't know why you are saying this. You know guests have to ring the bell outside to get in and we check that the people inside the hostel are really staying there. What else could we do? Think it over.

1st Aug 2016

Nice small little place. The beds were great, they were comfortable and all had outlets. Plus huge bonus- they even had little shelves built into the top bunks and curtains, both amazing! I was there for their Catalan snack night, which was a pretty huge array of cured meats, cheeses and drinks, all great. They do technically have breakfast, but it was pretty sad with just toast and tiny packages of jam. The location was fine. Not in the middle of things, but very doable.

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
1st Aug 2016
6.9

I liked that there was curtains at the beds - made it easier to sleep even though roomates were still awake with lights on. Really nice with breakfast and big lockers.. I did not lile that the aircondition though was placed just above my bed so I could not use the curtains on the bed, otherwise the roomates would kill me for sure.. Soap and toiletpaper were out of stock in one of the bedrooms, but minor detail. Overall i liked my stay

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

Located in a great spot with easy access to the old town and la concha beach. The rooms were really well set up, each with their own keyless lockable draw and private curtain over the bed. Great atmosphere with a good courtyard where you can mingle with others. Would definitely stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

Great hostel! Amazing kitchen, great staff. And the bunks have a curtain which is a nice touch. Everything is very clean. I enjoyed my stay here and met some awesome people.

Thanks! Have fun in Colombia!