8.8
Fabulous 2,279 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 2,279 Total Reviews
Backpackers BCN Located at Casanova, 52, , Barcelona.
Spain
Barcelona 08011 Casanova, 52
88% 2279
41.3846172 2.1600151
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
19th Aug 2016

Liked the beds - they have curtains which makes it feel more personal, as well as a light and plug sockets by each. However was a very small hostel. Breakfast was included in the morning.

9th Aug 2016
7.1

Weird vibe - mix of really old people and even families with young children. Not a pick for young people looking to meet other backpackers. One of our friends had his entire wallet stolen while he napped in the lobby, and I had my euro stolen in the two minutes I left my room to go to the restroom. Not super safe.

Anna, we are not restrictive about age of the guests,as we think we all have the right to travel when we are on a budget. The family had children, yes, but they were polite and quiet, more than some adults. About the wallet stolen, we provide huge lockers to lock the stuff and it is only the guest's responsability to take care of his things. We can not know if the people staying in the hostel are good and honest people or not, so you can not blame the hostel for what the guests do. The guy whose wallet was stolen admitted it was his fault, so i don't know why you are saying this. You know guests have to ring the bell outside to get in and we check that the people inside the hostel are really staying there. What else could we do? Think it over.

1st Aug 2016

Nice small little place. The beds were great, they were comfortable and all had outlets. Plus huge bonus- they even had little shelves built into the top bunks and curtains, both amazing! I was there for their Catalan snack night, which was a pretty huge array of cured meats, cheeses and drinks, all great. They do technically have breakfast, but it was pretty sad with just toast and tiny packages of jam. The location was fine. Not in the middle of things, but very doable.

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
1st Aug 2016
6.9

I liked that there was curtains at the beds - made it easier to sleep even though roomates were still awake with lights on. Really nice with breakfast and big lockers.. I did not lile that the aircondition though was placed just above my bed so I could not use the curtains on the bed, otherwise the roomates would kill me for sure.. Soap and toiletpaper were out of stock in one of the bedrooms, but minor detail. Overall i liked my stay

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

Located in a great spot with easy access to the old town and la concha beach. The rooms were really well set up, each with their own keyless lockable draw and private curtain over the bed. Great atmosphere with a good courtyard where you can mingle with others. Would definitely stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

Great hostel! Amazing kitchen, great staff. And the bunks have a curtain which is a nice touch. Everything is very clean. I enjoyed my stay here and met some awesome people.

Thanks! Have fun in Colombia!

• bholding5214
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016

Only stayed for one night but seemed a nice friendly hostel. Slept really well and thought it was nice that each bed had a curtain. Would say that it was a bit hot in the room through and perhaps a bit dusty (which gave me a bit of asthma).

22nd Jul 2016
6.3

This was a top ranked hostel in Barcelona. It is far too mellow. Really small if that's what you're looking for but for a big backpacker destination, you won't get that vibe here. Other hostels in Barcelona turn up, especially on the weekends. Pretty disappointed for a Friday/Saturday night stay. The staff is great though.

Hey! I think you expected things we never promised, so it is not our fault. Our guests choose us for being central (we are), security, staff and quietness at night, not for party. All taht is written in the information on the website and everywhere. Sorry you did not get what you were looking for. You should have been to a bigger place.

21st Jul 2016

Second stay in barcelona and its a expensive place for hostels but this place nearly have it spot on. Good showers, rooms kitchen common area and staff who had a giggle with you. One of the best free breakfasts i have found in Europe too.Only downside was the air con wasn't the best

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th Jul 2016
8.0

Security is great, never felt like my stuff was in danger. Nothing wrong with the location either. Nice and central, easy to get to. Staff was always fun, helpful and ready to assist with anything. Only complaint I really have was the temperature. I can understand cutting costs, but at if you're not gonna run the AC at least get some fans in the windows! Can't speak about the other rooms, but room 4 was a sauna the entire time I was there. I could hardly sleep because I was so uncomfortable.