Backpackers BCN Reviews

Casanova, 52, Barcelona, Spain

2064 Total Reviews

Everything was perfect. Staff is very nice and kind, beds are comfortable and also "chill zone" is very good place if you wanna rest after hard day in Barcelona. Kitchen and bathrooms were always clean and I never had to wait for toilets or shower because there is enough amount of them. Small breakfast was nice. There is only one negative thing... Sockets. It's a little bit problem to charge your phone in bedrooms because there are no sockets close to bed. But you can do it in common rooms.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

Huge Rooms, Great staff, Great Location, clean bathrooms, In Room air conditioning. This is a true b&b. This is such an awesome place to stay, it didn't feel like a tourist party hostel. Backpackers BCN is a really great local business, all the staff seem to really care about the people staying there. If I come back to Barcelona I'm staying here.

Great hostel. I arrived late and the staff was very helpful. Internet, TV, and free small breakfast.

Thank you very much for my stay, especially to Maria, who smoked cigarettes with me and took me to the beach :)

A good deal for the price. The worst aspect was that the area around the hostel was very noisy at night, which disturbed our sleep several times throughout the night (even with the windows closed). This led to us feeling exhausted during the daytimes. Other than that, the place was comfortable and clean. Friendly atmosphere.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Is OK, but very expensive for what they offer. The breakfast is very poor, the staff doesn't knows a lot of the city. The rooms and bathroom are good and clean, but of them are for 8 people.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Hi! The price is the average for this time of the year and it includes breakfast, bed linen, lockers, wifi and use of the kitchen. Besides, you should have known all this when you made your reservation. there 4 bathrooms in the hostel and you never have to wait, so this is not the way you say it.

If you're looking for a super clean, quiet backpackers where you can read a book in peace after a hard day out sightseeing in Barcelona then this is the place for you! The staff were fantastic. The location is close enough to the centre to walk to. The only downside was the aircon system was not handling the super hot weather in Barcelona last weekend. I would go here again.

Well located and nice staff. Need to improve atmosphere.

Had high expectations for this hostel and was quit disappointed for several reasons. The room was hot and the air conditioning is above a specific persons bed. Some nights that person would turn it off and the room would get ridiculously hot. Bathrooms were always hot. Some stuff were quite friendly but a majority of them hung out in the kitchen or TV room interacting little to none with guests. Rather, it created a horrible environment where guests felt they had to tip toe around.

The location is perfect. The breakfast is ok, the rooms and bathrooms are good. The only problem was there were no plugs near the beds. The staff is there 24h. Very good hostel

This place was great. I love Barcelona and easily could've stayed the rest of the week. Everyone's friendly and it's easy to meet people. The noise isn't even noticeable and they make sure it gets quiet after 12 so others can sleep. I'd definitely recommend this place plus lockers are huge!

The hostel is really small and for those who wants to chill out while staying at a very central place. The minus part was not having electris outlets close to beds, at a more individual distance. But you can still live with it. The best part is the night bus which goes to airport passes just around the corner so if you have a early flight (like I had), you do not need to worry about how to get to the airport.

Was Amaizing! The ambient is really clean and the employers are really friendly! I had a brilhant time there!! FOI otimo!

Im a 20 year old female(: and I felt very safe and at home here. The staff is very friendly & helpful! I had a great experience here & I would recommend it to anyone.

• 10th Jun 2015

Thank you! Hope to see you again!

I have been to Barcelona quite a few times and always stayed in different hostels because none of them were really quite right. However, I will definitely stay here again. It's fairly small so you meet other travellers easily. Pretty spacious dorms. Comfortable beds. Good showers although one of them needs a new head. Not bad breakfast, with nicer jam than usual although more brown bread would be better. Very clean. Helpful and entertainingly eccentric staff. Old but functional public computer.

No key to get into building you have to ring doorbell every time. Pretty far from beach... Staff is nice but they do their job and don't like to talk. Really hot in building. Rest is good!

Hey! Thanks for taking this moment to rate. I told you when you checked in that not having a key is for everybodies´s security: we open the door ourselves to check that no one from out of the hostel gets there. An yes, the beach is at the coast an we are in the centre. It's impossible to be in both places! We have air conditioning in all the rooms. You only had to turn it on.

Loved this hostel. Plenty of bathrooms and staff was extremely helpful. Good location.

• 31st May 2015

It was a nice stay. Me and my partner felt comfortable all time. Friendly staff. And everything basic you need is there.

It was a good experience over all. The location is excellent and you can go pretty much everywhere by foot. There's a metro station close too. What I didn't like about the hostel is that in the room there aren't many wall sockets (only 3 in a room with 6 beds). Wifi is good though! The hostel's street can get very busy and loud, cars and ambulances pass by all the time and it can be annoying sometimes.

I cannot imagine how lucky I was ending up at Backpackers BCN! It is absolutly el mejor hostel en España and I can't recomand it enough. The athomsphere is warm and cozy and I felt home so quickly. After few hours it felt like sharing an appartment with good friends. The staff is amazing - helpfull, down to earth and with a good sense of humor. Best home in the best city - only bad thing is that one day you have to leave..

• 5th May 2015
  • Denmark

Thanks so much! We all wish you the best luck in the world and wish to see you again.