Backpackers Ceara Reviews

Avenida Dom Manuel, Number 89 Praia de Iracema, Fortaleza, Brazil

Friendly staff, Miss Maria is awesome lady. The location is very good , close to the Beira Mar Avenue (beach walkway),about 7 min by walk. There is cheap restaurant beside it and a mini market the other side of the street , this place is very cheap as well.

Nice hostel, clean, room was big, but I'm never staying there again.

For the price you Pay its a Nice hostel. Close to the beach and big supermakets on 15 min walking distance. The women who runs the hostel is very friendly and helpfull.

Average place. Only a fan in the room. I don't think that there is breakfast. Only stayed one night while waiting on a bus. Nice old lady though.

Jamily and Alex= Really cool People. The made me feel like home. The hostel has got a really nice vibe.

very good place in a good location, no far from Iracema with good public transport passing just in front of the hostel. just, shame about the staff that bans all forms of fun

Excellent hostel. By the side of the Dragão do Mar cultural center, very cheap, bathrooms are clean, and the owner is a very helpful lady. We had a great stay. But as most cheap places in Ceara, there is not hot showers, and this is because the cold water, is actually pretty warm- so its really ok.

• 17th Dec 2014

Not the best hostel I stayed in. Value for money is poor, no breakfast. Most hostels offer breakfast for the same price. Rooms are small, staff wasnt friendly. I can honestly compare now, because I stayed in lots of hostels in Brazil. They are better alternatives. Please make sure the light doenst go off while taking a shower.

No atmosphere. Dirty. No help for tours/information...one staff member, a nice lady, but no one on reception to helpwith anything...bathroom smelled, bed was broken :-(

i dont reccomend at all. everything was bad.

It's a very, very simple hostel.

It's a nice hostel. The staff is friendly and tries to help you. Two things that should be improved: the bed sheets and the location of the dogs: there were acouple of dogs which produced , with the humidity of the air, a certain smell very unpleasant because they were near the window of one of the rooms.

It's the worst hostel I have ever stayed.The lady was very unfriendly and impolite. We arrived at late evening so she was quite angry about that (we didn't have too much choise because of our flight). We have booked hostel for two nights, however we got to leave after the first night. I showed an e-mail confirmation from hostelworld.com but nobody cared."I have rented the rooms to other people, so you have to leave now" - that was the response. You can find much better place for the same price

A basic hostel but you can't expect much for such a low price. Everything was clean but the room was very hot and lot of mosquitoes. Staff speaks only portuguese but was helpful enough to book us in advance a transfer to jericoacoara.

Just stayed there one night on my way back from Jeri. It's very basic, and it doesn't even offer toilet paper, but you can't beat the price. The location is great, close to Beira Mar and Dragao do Mar, and the hostel is walled, barbwired, and has an electronic lock. It doesn't look nice, but it's required as the city is dangerous. Clean toilets and rooms, and the owner, Dona Maria, is very kind and lend us the phone to request a cab on check out. I recommend it. Great value for money.

Wonderful! The true expression of an hostel! Small rooms but colorfull, shared toilet but very cleaned, shared kitchen. For the position it is according to us the best part of the city.

Very nice woman in the administration

Good place to stay at. Location is relatively close if you are willing to walk a good 15 minutes or so. Enjoyed my time.

Its a very basic place and good value for your money if you dont expect anything. Staff is helpful but sometimes a bit strange and not that relaxed. I missed some hammocks to spend the time. Toilets are clean, but they dont provide any paper, so bring your own

It is a cosy place to stay. We have had a double room but as the place was not booked out and the dorms are upstairs (the double rooms are downstairs), the dorm might even be a better deal. No breakfast but you can use the kitchen area which is well equiped. The old woman is funny and speaks basic English. She is around all the time, cleaning or talking to guests. There is a younger woman which speaks very good English but we just saw her one time. We felt save. Close to center and beach.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7