Backpackers Central Hamilton Reviews

846 Victoria St., Hamilton, New Zealand

I stayed for one night in a private coffin, the room had no fan or window and was about 35degrees! It was clean however, during summer to have someone pay over $60 for an room with no aircon or fan or window is unacceptable....

• 5th Feb 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your stay. We are going to reconsider room rate and air-con in each room. Safe Travels!! Kind regards.

One of the best backpackers I have stayed at in over ten years of backpacking.... really clean, really friendly and fantastic facilities.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards.

Separate bathrooms would be appreciated.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We started working on how we could provide separated bathroom. You feel better next visit us Safe Travels!!

Good hostel, quite big. Facilities are similar to the ones hou would find on big campsites. Guy at the counter was nice and asked my if I wanted a bed at the window or non window sideside. Got the one on the non window side and apparently this meant the entire room had no window. Which made the ventilation in the room quite bad which made it smelly. So highly recommend getting the window side!

Thank you very much for your stay. We look forward to seeing you!

Private room was clean, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, fast wifi and friendly staff. The hostel lacked atmosphere but was good value for money.

• 1st Jan 2016

Thank you very much for your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Our stay at Central Backpackers was not positive. We had a change in the date of our flight home from Auckland with short notice and needed to cancel the last two nights of our stay at the hostel in Hamilton. Unfortunately, even though we gave them notice within a couple of hours of arriving on our first night, the manager/owner of the hostel was unhelpful. He refused to give a refund, with no particular reason. We believe we are entitled to our refund.

• 16th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review. You did nit inform us your length of your stay. We left a new cancellation policy on our web site. Please check it out. We have also refunded your third nights. We look forward to seeing you near future. Kind regards.

Simple but comfy hostel that I advice to a short terme stay. Staff friendly and helpful.

Thank you very much for your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon! Kind regards.

I stayed one night only and arrived very late. The staff (Asian looking guy) was very friendly and kind and welcomed me with open arms! Breakfast was great and hostel is clean. What I did not like was that the room did not have any window (not sure about other rooms). Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

Thank you very much for your stay. We look forward to seeing you near future!! Kind regards.

Felt welcomed and was very comfortable in the room. The only thing which would have made my stay easier is dropping my back before checkin/after checkout to make touring round Hamilton easier but I didn't ask whether I could so that's my mistake (hindsight is a funny funny thing). Great facilities, comfortable bed and room and great value for money - only downside really being there's not a whole lot to do in Hamilton (hence why I didn't stay long)

Thank you very much for your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon!! Safe Travels! Kind regards.

Only stayed here for one night but there was not much atmosphere in the common areas. Facilities were good enough for one night, wouldn't want to stay here for longer though as the rooms are tiny.

Would not recommend this place. Room with no natural light, uncomfortable mattress and noisy unstable bunk beds, with dirty toilets to boot. Too many unnecessary rules that left a bad taste. No alcohol policy meant we couldn't even share a beer in the lounge. Overly 'regulated' and despite good location and free internet just wasn't an enjoyable place to stay at.

• 31st Oct 2015

The bathroom was really windy inside, and the shower was maximum warm, instead of hot. The room was really cold as well, but the blankets were ok. I didn't liked the way that the staff got in to my room while I was sleep sleeping, just to say that was almost time to check out.