7.9
Very Good 310 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 310 Total Reviews
Backpackers Central Hamilton Located at 846 Victoria St., , Hamilton.
New Zealand
Hamilton 846 Victoria St.
79% 310
-37.7808655 175.2774533
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Sep 2016

Lovely hostel. It's only a 5-10 minute walk to the transit center, grocery shopping, pubs, and shops. All the staff were friendly and helpful. All the other guests were respectful and friendly, not a party spot. Beds, bathroom, and kitchen area were all kept clean. The free wifi works great. Oh, and free breakfast! If I ever find myself back in Hamilton I will absolutely stay here again

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Sep 2016
7.1

A good hostel for a couple nights stay, though I'm not sure I'd want to stay there long term. Pros: Staff were very friendly and helpful, and free wifi and breakfast were excellent perks. Also located very close to the transport centre. Cons: While plenty of space in the room, mattresses were old and had holey/small stains on the sheets. Shared bathroom for everyone, and being in a basement level made me uncomfortable as it was easy access from the street. Overall not bad for a few nights stay.

Thank you very much for your stay. We are going to replace the old linens as soon as possible. Safe Travels!!

8th Aug 2016
7.4

It's a pretty small and a pretty quiet hostel. Not really much to do in the area but I actually don't know if there's much to do in Hamilton at all really. Did not really see staff around, except the cleaning crew who spoke little English. Only one coed bathroom, kitchen is decent size and fully equipped, rooms are spacious.

25th Jun 2016

I spent two nights in the women's dorm. It was quiet at night and I was able to get a good night's sleep. I found the kitchen more than adequate and I enjoyed the free breakfast.

23rd Jun 2016
8.0

Great location, the owner is really nice. Came in on a Saturday and the vibe in the hostel was kind of weird though. Not a bad Hostel

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
30th May 2016

Great place to stay, location is good, staff is friendly

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
13th May 2016

I stayed for two nights, and booked a room with an ensuite bathroom. I didn't spend much time in my room, so the size didn't concern me. The check-in was efficient, and they made sure my swipe key worked to ensure I knew how to get in and out, and showed me to my room. It's about twenty minutes walk to the main street with the restaurants and night life. I felt pretty safe walking by myself and the area was well lit.

Thank you very much for your stay!! safe Travels!!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th May 2016
4.3

Unfortunately for us, the University of Auckland Debate Team was booked at this hostel at the same time as we. Although the hostel rules stated absolutely no alcohol in the rooms or common areas and specified quiet in the hallways, etc. we experienced loud drinking in the common area and hallways, and boisterous games and shouting throughout the evening and into the morning hours. There was an alleyway outside one of our rooms where debaters drunkenly debated until early morning. Not fun.

Thank you very much for your stay and sorry to hear about your experiences. We have asked them to keep a little bit more quiet down, which did not meet your expectation. Safe Travels!!

5th May 2016

Great hostel would go again if given the chance.

• England, Female, 31-40
13th Apr 2016
8.0

Friendly staff and a good location. Rooms were clean although kitchen could have been better.

Thank you very much for your great feedback. Safe Travels!!