Backpackers Central Hamilton Reviews

846 Victoria St., Hamilton, New Zealand

Stayed here a few nights ago and although it wasn't very busy (it's off season so no where it) I had a really nice stay. The staff were so lovely and helpful and I felt really comfortable here. Really good place to stay, would highly recommend

I booked 2 single rooms for me and a male friend. On arrival we were told that as I'd booked both rooms in my name they'd moved us to a twin. No option to revert to the single rooms and no apology for the room change - the rugby was on, they needed to move people around, we had to take it or leave it - no choice but to take it as Hamilton fully booked for the match. They had made no effort to contact me to ask/explain and blamed this on being a HW booking so were unable to contact - unacceptable

Friendly and helpful staff.

• 20th Jun 2014

Excellent location and friendly, helpful staff. Cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Would stay here again if visiting Hamilton.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Friendly staff, excellent security system well equipped kitchen and close to the nightlife.

the best hostel. try for yourself.

Only there 1 night for the rugby. Basic but comfortable ensuite room, very secure because there are 3 keycard entry doors to get from the outside to my room, kitchen and bathrooms very clean and only 10 minutes walk to the stadium. Would definitely stay again.

I stayed in this hostel in 2013 in a nice ensuite double. So I booked the same room type again this year (2014). But I was put into a room across the corridor. This side of the building shared its exterior wall with another building so there were no windows in the room. Also the corridor is kept freezing cold with air con but there is none in the rooms, so the only way to keep the rooms cool is to open the door to the corridor! But I was offered a full refund for the second night.

My stay at Backpackers Central Hamilton was very pleasant. Staff was competent and very friendly.

• 14th Feb 2014

A bit of a walk in to the main bit of town. Has two sections, one for dorms and one for private rooms, with each section having it's own kitchen. No one was very talkative in the private room area, but the backpacker bit was more chatty.