Backpackers Central Hamilton Reviews

846 Victoria St., Hamilton, New Zealand

The bathroom was really windy inside, and the shower was maximum warm, instead of hot. The room was really cold as well, but the blankets were ok. I didn't liked the way that the staff got in to my room while I was sleep sleeping, just to say that was almost time to check out.

I enjoyed my night and I will definitely go back. Great parking, nice cosy room, TV, awesome

• 11th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Backpackers Central Hamilton is a handy pace to stop over - I came off the Northern Explorer train for a side trip to Hobbiton. Rocky Horror Show state in town and river walks with rowers going by. Thisback packers is central, friendly and good value. Some rooms don't have windows.

• 28th Jul 2015

The windows had been left open (in winter) so our room was freezing when we got there. There was no heating. We froze till morning. one of the curtains was broken and we had a lot of light coming in all throught the night. Office was unattended and when we called them, they were slow to come to the reception. The kitchen and the common areas were quite clean. The bathrooms were reasonably clean. The beds were comfortable. It was quite easy to get around the city from the hostle.

The sheets must be changed after guest.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel. They have everything you need.

• 20th Jun 2015

The dude on reception is abit of a nobhead. But the blonde girl is really sweet and helpful and not a bad sight for sore eyes. Good that they offer free breakfast and wifi in rooms but it's just not that nice of a place and definitely not worth what they charge.

Better than the other hostel in Hamilton. Good breakfast, cosy kitchen/livingroom, comfortable rooms. Met very nice people!

Great hostel, clean and modern with top staff! Enjoyed my stay and would stay again any time!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

It's nice that there's lockers in the room. It assures me that my belongings are secure. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Really nice hostel with comfy beds and a spacious kitchen.

• 17th Apr 2015

Pretty standard hostel. I stayed over a long weekend for one night, so it got the job done.

• 5th Apr 2015

There moto is come as i gast leave as à friend, nothing more to say about it

Rooms hot and stuffy, other than that it was fine

Stayed there for cricket, close to the stadium, so a big plus. Our side of the dorm had no windows, so sometimes it felt stuffy. Had lockers in the room. Co-ed bathrooms which were reasonably clean.

We appreciated the breakfast and the use of a fridge in the room.

• 9th Mar 2015