Backpackers Central Hamilton Reviews

846 Victoria St., Hamilton, New Zealand

At the quieter end of town. Single room had saggy uncomfortable mattress. The sheets smelled clean but had some marks/hairs. Room smelled damp/musty/smokey - told staff who said they would act upon it. Otherwise room spotlessly clean (though heavily marked carpet) and bathrooms excellent and very clean.

Didn't have the free wifi as promised, the internet just worked on the computers in like 5 minutes.......

Very happy to stay here again! Rooms where spacious and had mirrors which was good when preparing for Hamilton night life! Staff were helpful and very welcoming !

• 6th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The kitchen/lounge area was really nice, but there seemed to be a shortage of some dishes. There were hardly any spoons or bowls, which is what I needed. The room was utilitarian. It had no windows, but it was a fine place to stay for a night.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Hostel itself good but waited for a while to get checked in and then someone else was served first. There was no atmosphere at all and the facilities were not very clean. This is not the place to stay if you want to socialise and meet other travellers. On weekdays there is a free shuttle around town including the hostel and the bus station which should be stated on check in.

One of my list favourites hostels I stayed while traveling around NZ. It's a lodge for long term people. The staff did try being super nice (thanks!) but the place just didn't fit. My room smelled cigarettes, specially the bed linen. On positive side the room was huge and had fridge and TV.

The cameras are not necessary and giving not a good atmosphere. It was clean and safe but not personal at all. Didnt worth the high price! Stayed in so much hostels with a lower price and more warm atmosphere.

Stayed here a few nights ago and although it wasn't very busy (it's off season so no where it) I had a really nice stay. The staff were so lovely and helpful and I felt really comfortable here. Really good place to stay, would highly recommend

I booked 2 single rooms for me and a male friend. On arrival we were told that as I'd booked both rooms in my name they'd moved us to a twin. No option to revert to the single rooms and no apology for the room change - the rugby was on, they needed to move people around, we had to take it or leave it - no choice but to take it as Hamilton fully booked for the match. They had made no effort to contact me to ask/explain and blamed this on being a HW booking so were unable to contact - unacceptable

Friendly and helpful staff.

• 20th Jun 2014

Excellent location and friendly, helpful staff. Cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Would stay here again if visiting Hamilton.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Friendly staff, excellent security system well equipped kitchen and close to the nightlife.

the best hostel. try for yourself.

Only there 1 night for the rugby. Basic but comfortable ensuite room, very secure because there are 3 keycard entry doors to get from the outside to my room, kitchen and bathrooms very clean and only 10 minutes walk to the stadium. Would definitely stay again.