Backpackers Central Hamilton Reviews

846 Victoria St., Hamilton, New Zealand

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel. They have everything you need.

• 20th Jun 2015

The dude on reception is abit of a nobhead. But the blonde girl is really sweet and helpful and not a bad sight for sore eyes. Good that they offer free breakfast and wifi in rooms but it's just not that nice of a place and definitely not worth what they charge.

Better than the other hostel in Hamilton. Good breakfast, cosy kitchen/livingroom, comfortable rooms. Met very nice people!

Great hostel, clean and modern with top staff! Enjoyed my stay and would stay again any time!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

It's nice that there's lockers in the room. It assures me that my belongings are secure. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Really nice hostel with comfy beds and a spacious kitchen.

• 17th Apr 2015

Pretty standard hostel. I stayed over a long weekend for one night, so it got the job done.

• 5th Apr 2015

There moto is come as i gast leave as à friend, nothing more to say about it

Rooms hot and stuffy, other than that it was fine

Stayed there for cricket, close to the stadium, so a big plus. Our side of the dorm had no windows, so sometimes it felt stuffy. Had lockers in the room. Co-ed bathrooms which were reasonably clean.

We appreciated the breakfast and the use of a fridge in the room.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

No ventilation in South facing dorms ,terribly stuffy

the rooms are really hot hope there are a fans or air condition

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

I only stayed in Hamilton briefly but this was a really nice hostel with excellent facilities and friendly staff.

Stuffy and cramped rooms and kitchen common area with no windows. Unfriendly staff, limited internet access. Good for one night but not more.

Thank-you for your thoughts. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay by the looks of things. Were the staff unfriendly?? How can we make things better for you??

I had a room with a private bathroom. Sink and toilet were clean, but the floor hadn't been swept in quite some time. There was hair all over the place, it was pretty nasty. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed either. The next day after checking out I had little welts or bites all over my body so I'm thinking the sheets hadn't been changed either. Guess this room was "missed" by the cleaner.

Nice hostel in the middle of cowtown (hamilton) comfy beds and ok sized rooms, plenty showers and toilets. Staff fruendly and helpful, nice large kitchen and common area with digital tv and DVDs to rent. One snag is zero alcohol policy but even saying that's its a very minor problem. Would stay here again