Backpackers Central Hamilton Reviews

846 Victoria St., Hamilton, New Zealand

Only there 1 night for the rugby. Basic but comfortable ensuite room, very secure because there are 3 keycard entry doors to get from the outside to my room, kitchen and bathrooms very clean and only 10 minutes walk to the stadium. Would definitely stay again.

I stayed in this hostel in 2013 in a nice ensuite double. So I booked the same room type again this year (2014). But I was put into a room across the corridor. This side of the building shared its exterior wall with another building so there were no windows in the room. Also the corridor is kept freezing cold with air con but there is none in the rooms, so the only way to keep the rooms cool is to open the door to the corridor! But I was offered a full refund for the second night.

My stay at Backpackers Central Hamilton was very pleasant. Staff was competent and very friendly.

• 14th Feb 2014

A bit of a walk in to the main bit of town. Has two sections, one for dorms and one for private rooms, with each section having it's own kitchen. No one was very talkative in the private room area, but the backpacker bit was more chatty.

Backpackers has one of the cleanest kitchens we've seen while travelling in nz. Spacious rooms and off street parking. The only downside is the wifi, it was slow and had trouble logging into wifi we bought.

This hostel has a few nice things: the staff is really helpful, it's clean and they try to keep it that way. Also location is pretty good. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy my staying there. My room was in the basement, so it had no windows. The Internet was very slow (even for New Zealand). The atmosphere was not really good, but that's not their fault, it's just that Hamilton is a city where there's not much to do, so few people come there and if they do, they stay no more than 2 nights.

What a lovely family running this hostel....... he;pful ....kind....very well mannered... a delight for me to stay here. recommend to anyone visiting Hamilton.... Thank you so much..... Mike from UK

• 22nd Dec 2013

I found this to be a very friendly hostel with great staff and central location. The fact they have car parking was a real bonus for me. It was clean and comfortable.

Staff very helpful and the hostel had everything I needed.

• 16th Nov 2013