Backpackers Citihostel Reviews

61-62 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Before we went we read a lot of negative reviews for this hostel, however i have stayed in much worse. The staff were great, the room was clean and theres a female only bathroom which is loads better than the mixed bathroom. We're all students and thought that it was a good deal for what we paid, the hostel wasnt much different to my uni house last year. This hostel was exactly what we needed for a weekend away in ireland, really nice friendly staff and in a really good location.

• 5th Feb 2016

I am very fond of hostel, it is welcoming, easygoing and central.

• 5th Feb 2016

There was rarely toilet paper available in the restrooms, of which there were few. The room and beds were fine, nothing to complain about but I wish they had lockers to lock my things up. Not a very inspiring atmosphere but it is suitable for a cheap night or two.

In terms of value for money, considering that I was kicked out before I even spent the first night at the hostel (but they kept my money) I would say it's been wasted, The hostel staff was unsure about the booking system and de facto I was not allocated any bed despite having paid for that. Rooms don't come with any key or card, and toilets can be accessed only by requesting a key. The staff I met was not helpful at all and many of them seemed to be permanent residents, not guests

The worst hostel in Dublin !!! CREEPY PLACE !!! and really dirty kitchen and bathroom !!

DO NOT GO AT THIS HOSTEL VERY,VERY BAD TOILETS,VERY COLD IN THE ROOM,AND THE BED O MY GOD I THING THEY GOT THE DUVETS FROM A BIN CUZ,I COULD FIND A BETTER ONE ON THE STREETS,I LEFT ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DUE TIME......DON'T STAY AT THIS HOSTEL.

Get what you pay for, good location, beds clean! Showers were a bit grim but not the end of the world. Would stay here again!

• 5th Nov 2015

It's been one of my worst experiences in a hostel. The showers and restrooms were disgusting. It was amazing how the hostel could be in such bad conditions. They wanted to give us another room different to the one we've booked, and it was horrible. You couldn't tell which one was the clean bed. It was a really bad place to stay in. Both rooms that were offered to us were both horrible.

• 5th Nov 2015

We spent 5 night in the hostel and we had a great time there! Michele and the other members of the team where all very friendly and helpful. We will definitely come back to this hostel on our next visit to Dublin! Everything is close by and excellent bus- and trainconnections ony minutes walking!

• 23rd Oct 2015

This hostel was beyond unsanitary. The showers were disgusting and the kitchen looked as though it hadn't been cleaned since opening. Wifi was only in the lobby and kitchen areas and was spotty at best. The location was a nice distance away from the river, but definitely in a not-so-great neighborhood. We kept trying to reserve towels but they were always either out of stock or the front desk worker didn't have access to the linen cabinet for whatever reason. Service was not ideal at all.

• 15th Oct 2015

The kitchen was so dirty that you could not use it. Same for toilets. Toilet paper was rare: all the toilets stay without toilet paper for days. No heands soap, anywhere. And towels or paper towels, anywhere, never. It was cold, air can enter trough the closed windows. But closed windows were rare, thet where all wide open. It rains in the hall, but this is the smallest of the problems. You put your food in the kitchen, and it will be steal. Very few power outlets. Wifi very poor.

• 10th Oct 2015

Absolute DIVE Never again would I stay actually feared for my safety the workers were so ignorant and intimidating. The place is like animals live there. For thirty euro it was a rip off I wouldn't pay 3€! They also con you by telling you over the phone that they provide parking yet when you arrive they angrily demand €20

Where to start ? The staff is rude and doesn't badly speaks English , wifi doesn't work half the time and only down stairs , 3 showers that are super hot and nasty and 2 toilets for the whole building ( bring your own paper) I was told they don't wash the sheets sometimes , gum stuck to the bottom of bunks , staff is rude , had to put that twice!!! And right next to the DART(train) so get ready to wake up at 5am and oh don't get a basement room , get arrested and put in jail much better!!

The common areas were not very clean.

This hostel is very dirty shower full of mold & the room so stink & too small for 4 people in that room also not safe bunk bed wouldn't Never stay there again

• 24th Sep 2015

Showers and toilets were filthy.

Really bad hostel. I travelled all over the world and this really was the worst hostel I've stayed in so far! It was incredibly dirty everywhere and our door didn't have any lock! Stay away from this hostel!

• 20th Aug 2015