Backpackers Citihostel Reviews

61-62 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

This Hostel is obscene and totally dirty! Stuff is extremely harshley and unkind. They ignore the customers. Our room was in the basement, cold room, the windows so dirty we could not have a look through. If you like Spiders, this hostel is the right place for you. The air smells like mold fungus that seems to be everywhere! The privat bathroom was also totally dirty, full of spiders and mold fungus. Toilet lid only lays on the toilet but was not fixed. This hostel must be closed immediately!

Don't move into the backhouse! It's really dirty and the room smells like a sportsbag you forgot to open for two days. The bathrooms smell damp, there's often no toilet paper. The nightshift is more of a bouncer, while the people working during the day are really nice. The kitchen is ok though there's a lack of proper cutlery and the fridge is flowing over. I don't think that it gets cleaned on a regular basis. I stayed there for the price, not the comfort.

• 21st Aug 2014

It was for the evening. Wouldn't want to stay long term, since the room I was in (a private double) was fairly depressing. The sink overlapped with the toilet, which was awkward, and the faucets dripped. Checking in was a bit confusing, but staff were nice enough. Room had TV and a big window, not much space to move about, but a closet to store luggage. Didn't see an elevator, so lugged up my baggage. No toaster in kitchen. Interesting place if you like Georgian buildings? Price was fair enough.

• 21st Aug 2014

I would not recommend this hostel, Im surprised that that this establishment hasn't been yet shut down by the authorities. The cleanliness of the hostel was appalling; the toilets & bathrooms were extremely dirty & looked like it havant been cleaned in months, one bathroom looked to been installed as a makeshift camp shower; there were holes in the wall, cobwebs & mould. The room was not tidy & over all security of the rooms was not very secure.

I live in Dublin now and i have been in different hostels, I stayed there just one night when coming from my holidays and i can tell it´s the worse hostel ever. Staff is not that bad i guess but the room, bathroom... were so deteriorated and dirty, they do not served breadfast in morning as in most of hostel. After talk to some friend about it they gave me their comments and definetelly the worse hostel in Dublin!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

It was by far the worst hostel I ever went to in Ireland!!! The sinks are ripped out of the wall or blocked, the toilet floods the whole bathroom when flushed and there is basicly mildew everywhere. The staff (apart from one girl) was unfriedly. The back house (where we slept in) was stinky and seemed to be not cleaned for ages. THIS HOSTEL IS A DISGRACE! We had much better ones for less (even in Dublin)!

The hostel management were extremely difficult on first arrival, initially asking us to pay for 7 people despite the fact that we had reduced our booking to 6 people 3 days earlier by phone and this had been noted in their booking system. Eventually we negotiated a reduced amount which was still slightly more than we were expecting to pay. The toilets were not clean and lacked toilet paper. The small kitchen lacked an oven. Other members of staff were very friendly and reasonable, however.

• 9th Aug 2014

Im very satisfied with my stay. Great staff, friendly and always cheerful. Thank you

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Wifi sucks and it's dirty

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at - was extremely run down, dirty and the staff weren't very welcoming. I stayed on the top level and there were only bathrooms for everyone wy down on the bottom floor. These were old and dirty and in te morning there was no toilet paper anywhere. Would never stay here again.

The toilets were very dirty and outdated .The key system to the room was a nightmare ,it was very old and difficult to use .The whole place needs to shut down and start again!I will never stay there again

• 8th Jul 2014

THE STAFF WAS NO MANERS THE MAN FROM RECEPTION ,THE ROOM DURTY SMELLY NO TOILET TISSUE IN TOILETS FOR TWO DAYS BAD PLACE

This is the worst hostel I have even stayed in , the walls were covered in mould, the bathroom was waterlogged , the toilet didn't flush . The bed covers were not fresh , I woke up with a moth under my covers. There was an elderly man in my room , who was wearing nothing but underwear- while I am aware it was mixed dorms I was told there was an age limit of 45 on hostel guests, It was extremely expensive at 25 euro for a hostel that could not satisfy basic hygiene requirements.

• 4th Jul 2014

The smell of mildue was absolutely gross in the bath rooms. The rooms I felt were unsafe. Meaning the bunk beds had enough room from the wall where somebody could fall off. The code to my door was so easy. Like who on earth picks 123 for a pass code to a room? The only virtue to this place was the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• 14th Jun 2014

If you are looking for a place to rest for a night you'll be fine. But don't expect anything else.

This hostel is absolutely disgusting. They never clean anything other than the bedding. I stayed in a dorm for 2 nights and the floors were dirty when I got there are still dirty when I left. The bathroom was beyond filthy. There is mold growing everywhere and only 2 showers. Bring sandals for the shower or leave with foot fungus!

The hostel was filthy. Mold was everywhere and the bathrooms were completely disgusting.

Hideus toilets!! THEY WERE stinky and were not clean. And there were junkies in the hostel probably living there. No peace and quiet. Very bad.

The worst bathroom I have ever seen. It was only THREE bathroom showers for everybody and these there are really disgusting!!! Nasty!!! Lousy!!! One of the bathroom showers was always closed, the other had 10 cm of water so i couldn't take a shower there so i had to wait for the other to free... This one was not a good one either. I am really ok about the hostel (in general) concept, but this one i would never recomend!

• 16th May 2014

I do not recommend this hostel. The room was very, very dirty. The staff was not friendly. This was the worst I have ever seen!