Backpackers Citihostel Reviews

61-62 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

maybe some of the rooms inside are okay, but we were placed in a dorm that was essentially a back shed. The entire building smelt of stale beer and the beds were dirty. The bathrooms were awful and the shower didn't have a door. Couldn't get wifi from the room either. Yes it's cheap but there are much better places for the same price on the same street. We thought it was actually a bit funny but don't stay there if you are even the slightest bit fussy.

It was very dirty, unprofessional, and I couldn't wait to leave.

• 6th Dec 2014

The room me and my two friends got was worst one the we have stayed so far. Had a horrible smell, was really dirty and we weren't able to use the bathroom and toilet. Gladly we just stayed one night there. We got in left our stuff and went out because wasn't possible to stay there more than 20 min. We woke up the next day packed our stuff and left as quick as we could. I really don't recommend it to anyone

• 22nd Nov 2014

The facilities were dirty and stunk so nobody in my group showered for fear of getting more dirty. The room had more beds than advertised and they were full of creeps because the price is so cheap. There are no lockers to keep your backpacks which was really inconvenient because once the guy sleeping next to me threatened my life, I had to sleep on my backpack to make sure it didn't go anywhere and I had something to protect myself with. You get what you payed for, and this was dirt cheap.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

At arrival we were informed that the hostel was overbooked. Staff was not friendly and they didn't even appologize. After insisting they had to give us a room, because we had a valid confirmation mail, they 'offered' us an alternative. We had to pay 20 euro extra because they would provide us with a 'private' room a few blocks further. Lies apparently. One room with no heating. Not a private but a shared toilet and shower, which we didn't use because they were too dirty. Nice!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

The Hostel is okay for people who are staying for one or two nights, want an excellent location ( about 5-7 minutes away fom the City Centre) and don't need to shower there - otherwise flipflops are a must have. And you should also know that you have access to a kitchen but you have to bring your own ingredients. The matress was surprisingly good. It's good for a weekend trip where you just need a cheap hostel to sleep and maybe eat there and want a excellent location. Otherwise it's rubbish.

• 25th Oct 2014

Very dirty, especially the toilets. My brother went to the toilet and because the cleaner was waiting for him he went to the room while the guy was cleaning. When my brother were back his eye contact were gone!! We asked in reception and they didnt see anything but that guy was around and told me that he put the eye contact in the BIN!! why? I said and he told me that my brother was a princess and so slow. He was upset with us with no reason and he put all my brother's stuff in the bin.

The shower room were disgusting: holes in the ceiling, malfunctioning toilets and showers. I actually bought flip-flops just to take a shower. The doors to the shower did not close properly and did not give full privacy. I only saw a handful of showers for a hostel this large; i do not this is good accommodation. The kitchen was rather dirty and in a poor state. There was not much kitchen ware to use. The pictures promised a rather interesting hostel; however it was not the case. False ad.

We booked two double bedrooms and get one four bedroom for the SAME price! What a cheek! The room was really disgusting! It was horrible to take a shower! The location was okay and we were outside as long as possible. Never again!

Kitchen needs some attention, more cutlery and tap repairs. Shower leaked water onto toilet floor

Hostel location is great right next to everything. bed was comfortable and warm considering how cold it was outside. Bathrooms were disgusting!

This was the hostel from my nightmares. It was unbearably dirty and unsanitary. It felt as though someone was making me sleep in a gross gas station bathroom for the night. There was even blood stains on the curtain in the bathroom. HORRIBLE! If it wasn't 10pm on a Satuurday night when we arrived at the hostel... We would have NEVER stayed there!! The security was terrible and our door barely locked. I did not feel safe. This place should not be an establishment. It should be shut down ASAP!

• 11th Oct 2014

Happiness

the door didn't lock, the wi-fi didn't work for so many hour and the bathroom was dirty and with mould everywhere... and without towels.

Hostel was overbooked, we had to walk to another hostel in which they told us that we were going to be brought to a sister hostel. The staf member garanteed a double room including private bathroom (like we booked). When arriving in the sister hostel, the same staff member showed us the room - while we concluded that no private bathroom was there. When the staff member left, we were surprised by the fact that no wifi was available and one of the beds wasn't clean as well. Won't go there again.

• 27th Sep 2014

We've never slepy on such a ruf, hard matress before. That was awful. WiFi is a joke, bad reception and only alvailable in the hallway. We also could hear every single word our neighbours were saying and everything else they did :(

• 21st Sep 2014

When arriving, we didn't really get all the information you normally get. For instance nothing was said about the use of the kitchen, or the breakfast deal they had with a neighboring coffee shop. The room had several spiders, though we have to give credit to the reception, since they helped us clean them. Except for the several spidy-visitors, the room was quite empty and dark, and the windowsills were dirty. But I want to emphasize that the daytime receptionists were really friendly!!!!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

The room was cold, and not pleasent. There was no lockers. The bathroom was dirty and there was no toilet paper. In the kitchen was a big mess, the kitchen staff was dirty, there was no matches. The staff was frightening and not hospitable. It looked that they are not irish. The location was also unfriendly. It's a shame to meet a hostel like this in Ireland.

This Hostel is obscene and totally dirty! Stuff is extremely harshley and unkind. They ignore the customers. Our room was in the basement, cold room, the windows so dirty we could not have a look through. If you like Spiders, this hostel is the right place for you. The air smells like mold fungus that seems to be everywhere! The privat bathroom was also totally dirty, full of spiders and mold fungus. Toilet lid only lays on the toilet but was not fixed. This hostel must be closed immediately!

Don't move into the backhouse! It's really dirty and the room smells like a sportsbag you forgot to open for two days. The bathrooms smell damp, there's often no toilet paper. The nightshift is more of a bouncer, while the people working during the day are really nice. The kitchen is ok though there's a lack of proper cutlery and the fridge is flowing over. I don't think that it gets cleaned on a regular basis. I stayed there for the price, not the comfort.

• 21st Aug 2014