Backpackers Citihostel Reviews

61-62 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

We booked two double bedrooms and get one four bedroom for the SAME price! What a cheek! The room was really disgusting! It was horrible to take a shower! The location was okay and we were outside as long as possible. Never again!

• 17th Oct 2014

Kitchen needs some attention, more cutlery and tap repairs. Shower leaked water onto toilet floor

Hostel location is great right next to everything. bed was comfortable and warm considering how cold it was outside. Bathrooms were disgusting!

This was the hostel from my nightmares. It was unbearably dirty and unsanitary. It felt as though someone was making me sleep in a gross gas station bathroom for the night. There was even blood stains on the curtain in the bathroom. HORRIBLE! If it wasn't 10pm on a Satuurday night when we arrived at the hostel... We would have NEVER stayed there!! The security was terrible and our door barely locked. I did not feel safe. This place should not be an establishment. It should be shut down ASAP!

• 11th Oct 2014

Happiness

the door didn't lock, the wi-fi didn't work for so many hour and the bathroom was dirty and with mould everywhere... and without towels.

Hostel was overbooked, we had to walk to another hostel in which they told us that we were going to be brought to a sister hostel. The staf member garanteed a double room including private bathroom (like we booked). When arriving in the sister hostel, the same staff member showed us the room - while we concluded that no private bathroom was there. When the staff member left, we were surprised by the fact that no wifi was available and one of the beds wasn't clean as well. Won't go there again.

• 27th Sep 2014

We've never slepy on such a ruf, hard matress before. That was awful. WiFi is a joke, bad reception and only alvailable in the hallway. We also could hear every single word our neighbours were saying and everything else they did :(

• 21st Sep 2014

When arriving, we didn't really get all the information you normally get. For instance nothing was said about the use of the kitchen, or the breakfast deal they had with a neighboring coffee shop. The room had several spiders, though we have to give credit to the reception, since they helped us clean them. Except for the several spidy-visitors, the room was quite empty and dark, and the windowsills were dirty. But I want to emphasize that the daytime receptionists were really friendly!!!!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This Hostel is obscene and totally dirty! Stuff is extremely harshley and unkind. They ignore the customers. Our room was in the basement, cold room, the windows so dirty we could not have a look through. If you like Spiders, this hostel is the right place for you. The air smells like mold fungus that seems to be everywhere! The privat bathroom was also totally dirty, full of spiders and mold fungus. Toilet lid only lays on the toilet but was not fixed. This hostel must be closed immediately!

Don't move into the backhouse! It's really dirty and the room smells like a sportsbag you forgot to open for two days. The bathrooms smell damp, there's often no toilet paper. The nightshift is more of a bouncer, while the people working during the day are really nice. The kitchen is ok though there's a lack of proper cutlery and the fridge is flowing over. I don't think that it gets cleaned on a regular basis. I stayed there for the price, not the comfort.

• 21st Aug 2014

It was for the evening. Wouldn't want to stay long term, since the room I was in (a private double) was fairly depressing. The sink overlapped with the toilet, which was awkward, and the faucets dripped. Checking in was a bit confusing, but staff were nice enough. Room had TV and a big window, not much space to move about, but a closet to store luggage. Didn't see an elevator, so lugged up my baggage. No toaster in kitchen. Interesting place if you like Georgian buildings? Price was fair enough.

• 21st Aug 2014

I would not recommend this hostel, Im surprised that that this establishment hasn't been yet shut down by the authorities. The cleanliness of the hostel was appalling; the toilets & bathrooms were extremely dirty & looked like it havant been cleaned in months, one bathroom looked to been installed as a makeshift camp shower; there were holes in the wall, cobwebs & mould. The room was not tidy & over all security of the rooms was not very secure.

I live in Dublin now and i have been in different hostels, I stayed there just one night when coming from my holidays and i can tell it´s the worse hostel ever. Staff is not that bad i guess but the room, bathroom... were so deteriorated and dirty, they do not served breadfast in morning as in most of hostel. After talk to some friend about it they gave me their comments and definetelly the worse hostel in Dublin!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

It was by far the worst hostel I ever went to in Ireland!!! The sinks are ripped out of the wall or blocked, the toilet floods the whole bathroom when flushed and there is basicly mildew everywhere. The staff (apart from one girl) was unfriedly. The back house (where we slept in) was stinky and seemed to be not cleaned for ages. THIS HOSTEL IS A DISGRACE! We had much better ones for less (even in Dublin)!

The hostel management were extremely difficult on first arrival, initially asking us to pay for 7 people despite the fact that we had reduced our booking to 6 people 3 days earlier by phone and this had been noted in their booking system. Eventually we negotiated a reduced amount which was still slightly more than we were expecting to pay. The toilets were not clean and lacked toilet paper. The small kitchen lacked an oven. Other members of staff were very friendly and reasonable, however.

• 9th Aug 2014

Im very satisfied with my stay. Great staff, friendly and always cheerful. Thank you

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Wifi sucks and it's dirty

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at - was extremely run down, dirty and the staff weren't very welcoming. I stayed on the top level and there were only bathrooms for everyone wy down on the bottom floor. These were old and dirty and in te morning there was no toilet paper anywhere. Would never stay here again.

The toilets were very dirty and outdated .The key system to the room was a nightmare ,it was very old and difficult to use .The whole place needs to shut down and start again!I will never stay there again

• 8th Jul 2014