Backpackers Citihostel Reviews

61-62 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

First, they wrote down the reservation as 2 people for 5 nights instead of 5 people for 2 nights. Fortunately they just had some cancellations so there was room enough for us. The room was not too clean but not too bad, a part for the fact that there were just two plugs in a 8 beds room. When we enter the bathroom it was so wet the all ceiling was covered with water drops. But the worst was that inside the toilet and on the ceiling the were SLUGS!!!! I didn't have the courage to take a shower!!

unless you have no other option at all, do not even think about booking this place, i have being in darty places, better and worse places but this is just worse that anything you can imagine.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Spain

We stayed in a 4bed ensuit room over St Paddys Day. The room was lovely for a backpackers, comfortable beds and clean. The ensuit shower was dodgy, didn't work very well and the water failed to drain properly. It was a good place to stay location wise, however ridiculously overpriced for what it was - probably due to St Paddy's day festivities. Overall, the staff were very lovely.

"Most disgusting place on earth!" - everyone Three days after visiting we are still shocked that amnesty international hasn't closed this hostel for violations of human rights. Showers and toilets are really dirty and most of the time broken. You never take a shower alone because a countless number of animals are with you. Our room was more a building for livestock than a bedroom. Every underdeveloped country has a higher standard than this hostel!

When we were checking out of the hostel on Sunday morning at 10:50 a.m., we were unable to leave the car park as the hostel entrance was blocked my another car. We informed the man on the desk who simply shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing he could do about it. We were basically told it was not his problem. We had to ring the guards and after a two hour wait we finally got to leave the hostel. Would rather sleep in my car than stay there again due to his ignorance and lack of help.

• 7th Mar 2014

Though there was only ONE person at the front desk who was helpful, my time there was not pleasant. The door to my room never locked, the bathrooms were disgusting, and at one point a random man stormed into my room without knocking

• 6th Mar 2014

We had booked for an entire week and when we get there, they told us that we had a reservation but we didnt have any bed because there was overbooking and so, we were left without anywhere to sleep. Besides this, the receptionist that was talking with us didnt care about us and was being rude, he even threaten with calling the police to take my godfather out of the stablishment. i DONT RECOMEND to stay even a night there.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's a good hostel, i loved its location. The problem is the toilet, so dirty, I really didn't try to use it!

• 1st Mar 2014

They better not need the service recovery the kitchen is very distruida its best has no closet to store objects paid for the room as 08 bed and me to color it in with 12 beds

• 28th Feb 2014

The staff was incredibly rude to potential customers and to people residing there. One of the staff was screaming at a customer and telling him he was lazy because he forgot his pin code to his room. There is only one toilet to a floor. Very inconvenient! Through my 4 day stay there I was very tempted to get a refund and go next door to Isaac's. As I was leaving on my last day, I overheard the staff saying that they had to give too many refunds the past week....Never recommend this place!!

Good location, WIfi is terrible, Staff isn't the most friendly. Some staff weren't very good at english, but they were nicer than the ones that did. Actually, just one staff member wasn't that nice.

• 16th Feb 2014

There is a weird rule that forbids to use the kitchen facilities from 12.00 until 17.00 in order to "keep the kitchen clean". it's absolutely pointless and serves solely to cause discomfort. Customers cannot have lunch or even warm some water to have a tea during the afternoon. The staff is kind, except for a guy called Michele. He has a very rude and overbearing attitude and he hasn't the slightest idea of know how to treat customers. The owner should think seriously to kick him away.

The location is really good, 5minutes from the O'conell street. That was the only one good thing in this hostel. When we arrived the staff couldnt give change back. Then we got a room which was very noise all day becoz we just heard the staff everytime talking to each other very loudly on their own language...so no chance to sleep. The I saw the bathroom...Really disgusting, dirty, Rusty and fusty... and there is no hot water. I dont wanna go back again!

Really nice and convenient location, in the heart of Dublin City Center. Great atmosphere, friendly staff. Good value for money. I would recommend to a friend!

• 23rd Dec 2013

Clean room, helpful staff, great central location.

• 16th Nov 2013