Backpackers Citihostel Reviews

61-62 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I would not recommend this hostel, Im surprised that that this establishment hasn't been yet shut down by the authorities. The cleanliness of the hostel was appalling; the toilets & bathrooms were extremely dirty & looked like it havant been cleaned in months, one bathroom looked to been installed as a makeshift camp shower; there were holes in the wall, cobwebs & mould. The room was not tidy & over all security of the rooms was not very secure.

It was by far the worst hostel I ever went to in Ireland!!! The sinks are ripped out of the wall or blocked, the toilet floods the whole bathroom when flushed and there is basicly mildew everywhere. The staff (apart from one girl) was unfriedly. The back house (where we slept in) was stinky and seemed to be not cleaned for ages. THIS HOSTEL IS A DISGRACE! We had much better ones for less (even in Dublin)!

The hostel management were extremely difficult on first arrival, initially asking us to pay for 7 people despite the fact that we had reduced our booking to 6 people 3 days earlier by phone and this had been noted in their booking system. Eventually we negotiated a reduced amount which was still slightly more than we were expecting to pay. The toilets were not clean and lacked toilet paper. The small kitchen lacked an oven. Other members of staff were very friendly and reasonable, however.

• 9th Aug 2014

Im very satisfied with my stay. Great staff, friendly and always cheerful. Thank you

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Wifi sucks and it's dirty

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at - was extremely run down, dirty and the staff weren't very welcoming. I stayed on the top level and there were only bathrooms for everyone wy down on the bottom floor. These were old and dirty and in te morning there was no toilet paper anywhere. Would never stay here again.

The toilets were very dirty and outdated .The key system to the room was a nightmare ,it was very old and difficult to use .The whole place needs to shut down and start again!I will never stay there again

• 8th Jul 2014

THE STAFF WAS NO MANERS THE MAN FROM RECEPTION ,THE ROOM DURTY SMELLY NO TOILET TISSUE IN TOILETS FOR TWO DAYS BAD PLACE

This is the worst hostel I have even stayed in , the walls were covered in mould, the bathroom was waterlogged , the toilet didn't flush . The bed covers were not fresh , I woke up with a moth under my covers. There was an elderly man in my room , who was wearing nothing but underwear- while I am aware it was mixed dorms I was told there was an age limit of 45 on hostel guests, It was extremely expensive at 25 euro for a hostel that could not satisfy basic hygiene requirements.

• 4th Jul 2014

The smell of mildue was absolutely gross in the bath rooms. The rooms I felt were unsafe. Meaning the bunk beds had enough room from the wall where somebody could fall off. The code to my door was so easy. Like who on earth picks 123 for a pass code to a room? The only virtue to this place was the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• 14th Jun 2014

If you are looking for a place to rest for a night you'll be fine. But don't expect anything else.

This hostel is absolutely disgusting. They never clean anything other than the bedding. I stayed in a dorm for 2 nights and the floors were dirty when I got there are still dirty when I left. The bathroom was beyond filthy. There is mold growing everywhere and only 2 showers. Bring sandals for the shower or leave with foot fungus!

The hostel was filthy. Mold was everywhere and the bathrooms were completely disgusting.

Hideus toilets!! THEY WERE stinky and were not clean. And there were junkies in the hostel probably living there. No peace and quiet. Very bad.

The worst bathroom I have ever seen. It was only THREE bathroom showers for everybody and these there are really disgusting!!! Nasty!!! Lousy!!! One of the bathroom showers was always closed, the other had 10 cm of water so i couldn't take a shower there so i had to wait for the other to free... This one was not a good one either. I am really ok about the hostel (in general) concept, but this one i would never recomend!

• 16th May 2014

I do not recommend this hostel. The room was very, very dirty. The staff was not friendly. This was the worst I have ever seen!

I sleep in hostels all the time so I am used to hostels. It doensn't bother me when a hostel is older and less clean. This hostel was covered in black mold. The restroom was disgusting. We didn't even go there. We slept there for 1 night and checkend in at a lovely hostel juist around the corner (Isaacs hostel) for the other nights. We get a refund, for the two nights we didn't sleep at the Citi Hostel, because we had the right to cancel 24 our before the next night. I will send some pictures.

• 19th Apr 2014

good staff good place near o connell very cheap with quality, good deal i recommand for all people

This was the worst hostel experience we have ever had. We had read the reviews in advance so we did not expect much, however it was much worse than we could imagine. The reception area was ok but when we got our room we were shocked. The bathroom has not been cleaned in years, the toilet was so dirty that I would never sit down on it. The showers were just as bad. there were numerous bugs flying around and the walls in our room was covered in mold. The windows were broken.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Norway

The room was dirt, but the situation is very good.