Backpackers D1Hostel Reviews

80 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

i think here the dirtyness has a full permit to stay! between a bin and this hostel, the bin will be cleaner!

It would be a REALLY good place to stay if the security wouldn t be that bad (dorm was able to enter from a second door without key, code etc. for EVERYONE!) and the showers, toiletts, washingbasins were just in an unacceptable condition.

• 20th May 2015

I loved the receptionist, loved how close it was from everything and how the people there were so welcoming.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

the room was not prepared no possibilities to print staff hat lack of Enlish was not clean

This hostel is by far the worst I've ever been at. To give u an example. There is blood on the walls in one of the toilets that wasn't cleaned during my 4 night stay (God know how long it's been there). There is also mould everywhere. I mean just the overal cleanness of the hostel is terrible. The staff just dosen't care and u get miserable just by entering the place. I would never in my life stay there again. Only reason I didn't switch was because all others were fully booked.....

It was such a disgusting hostel. There was no toilet tissue, no soap, the shower and the toilet weren't clean. The whole hostel was dirty. I slept in my Jeans to leave directly the next morning that hostel. It was horrible and too expensive for this. Never again!

• 21st Mar 2015

The man who checked us in was wonderful. He was the only positive about this Hostel. I don't recall his name but he was a big irish man. We (4 of us) booked an 8 person room, and he upgraded us to a 4 person private room no one was using.!The woman who runs the place was incredibly rude to us and made us feel unwelcome. She also yelled at us for switching rooms and we were scolded when coming/going from the hostel. The rooms were mildewy and creepy looking. Good location tho. Wifi was spotty.

There was a mistake in our booking. We payed for a private room with en suite and because there was a mix up we were placed in a dorm for the first night in the basement, with inequitable facilities. We were eventually moved to a private room the second night. As "compensation" the owner told us to if we go to the breakfast bar down the road and receive two full Irish breakfasts for 5 euro each. When we went to the place there was a sign outside that said full breakfast for 5 euro.

• 24th Jan 2015

It is a cheep hostel. You get what you pay for. Myself and a friend did a log weekend in Dublin. We had a en suit room non shared. The bathroom had some mould and wasn't up to scratch, however they were renovating rooms during our stay. It is really not far from the south side, about a 5 min walk. Staff were extremely pleasant. Kitchen has all necessities except fro an oven. They have a luggage room where you can leave your stuff after checking out. We spent most of the time out anyway.

• 23rd Jan 2015