Backpackers D1Hostel Reviews

80 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

Do not say you have rooms that you dont have on Internet, when someone book a room, it is that room what they want not others with different conditions. if it is like if someone has booked a double room and you put him into a 8 bed room. The bathrooms were dirty and the place was pretty ugly.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Spain

It was the worst stay in a hostel that I have had... Upon arriving we were told that the hostel was fully booked although we booked it two weeks prior to arrival. We walked 15 minutes to another "hostel" which was one of the most disgusting buildings I had ever been in. The bathroom and kitchen were old and filthy and there was only one half-used toilet roll in the complex. The beds had clearly been slept in before us as there was hair and fluff in all of them. Very, very unsatisfactory stay.

• 30th Jan 2016

Improve the staff and the cleanness in the kitchen

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Spain

It should be cleaner and should have different bathrooms for women and Men..

Avoid!D1 is the worst hostel I've ever seen!I've paid for the 8bedroom and got 10bedroom.Guy on the reception (because of his accent I suppose he is Italian or Spanish) was very rude.First he told me they are only accepting cash (you won't find that info on the website), when I gave him the 20€ bill he said I must have the exact amount(told me to leave if I don't like it),bathroom and toilet are very bad, kitchen is dirty, rooms smelly.other(russian)guy send me to Chelsea hostel in the 8bedroom.

I arrived at the hostel at 10 p.m. to find out my room was unavailable and had to get moved somewhere else. I booked an en suite twin room and ended with a shared room with bunk beds. The service was astonishingly poor, staff wasn't even apologetic and trying to amend their mistake, cleanliness was zero! Word of advice to anyone, do not go here! Absolutely poor! I got my refund at the end, and took me 2 hours to find somewhere else. What an absolute joke it was!

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

hostel are old but was ok staff are ok central

This is absolutely the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. When we arrived, they suddenly said they had overbooked and we would be transferred to another hostel. That hostel would be twice as far from the center, and they wanted our money (400 euros!) before we could see the other place. When we disagreed, they suddenly did have rooms available. In the room: no light bulb, tv, shower and wifi not working, beds slept horribly. Terrible price-quality, choose another hostel!!

• 21st Nov 2015

Positive points: Some people there are nice, including some of the staff members. Despite of its look, the place can be somewhat charming. Negative: Although most of the people I talked to in the reception were nice, there's a very rude Italian guy who is always yelling at people (not nice at all). There's also a group of guys who are permanently living there and it feels like the place belong to them already; they're rude, loud and dirty (just gotta check the kitchen every morning).

tried to check in at d1 i was told no rooms and was sent to a sister hostel the chelsea. There were no rooms here either and was sent back to d1 hostel and was told i would be going to the sinclair hostel.i had to wait untill a staff member came to walk me to this hostel This hostel is only used as an overflow hostel and i was the only guest staying here except for staff members who constantly stopped me to ask who i was. This hostel has a dirty kitchen and no other facilities.

• 25th Oct 2015

Very comfortable bed and great location

quite basic and not much space in the room. I think everybody can walk in and say "Hi, I want key for room number..." the location was great. easy access to shopping, visiting and airport bus.

The property was inexistent and disgusting. There were many hairs in the shower, the kitchen was not acceptable that we didn't want to cook in. We told the staff to clean our room but nobody came. So the price was very high for the quality. It is the first time I make a comment on a site because I should do this for the next customers. You have to shake it. Thanks.

• 14th Aug 2015

I had a great time, good location nice and clean, but the reception no good Some times the staf is not at the reception .