Backpackers D1Hostel Reviews

80 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

There was a mistake in our booking. We payed for a private room with en suite and because there was a mix up we were placed in a dorm for the first night in the basement, with inequitable facilities. We were eventually moved to a private room the second night. As "compensation" the owner told us to if we go to the breakfast bar down the road and receive two full Irish breakfasts for 5 euro each. When we went to the place there was a sign outside that said full breakfast for 5 euro.

• 24th Jan 2015

The bathroom of the room and the kitchen were very disgusting. I'm not going to recommend this hostel if someone has to stay one night in Dublin.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

I'm lucky enought to be travelling most of the year arround the glove. I've visit countries like Madgascar, Bangladesh, Thailand, and i have to say that this hostel is the worst hostel I have been in my live!!! No security. Room does not lock, no lockers in the room. No blinds in the room window's. Train goes by over the hostel. Rude staff that does not know anything. They overbook the rooms. Moisture all over the place. The showers and the toilets are disgustiing. Expensive for what i recieve

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

only one staff member at the front door, it was a busy evening and staff member was obviously under a lot of pressure and trying to please all guests at the same time which was not going so well. the only showers and toilets are on the first floor. wasn't very clean. the dorm we stayed was standard but you could improve the security part.

First of all I read the reviews so i knew what to expect however the staff were pleasant to us but i did witness them being rude to other guests. The beds were comfortable and the room was fine but the bathroom was pretty disgusting and looks and smells as if it hasnt be cleaned in a few weeks.