Backpackers D1Hostel Reviews

80 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I'm lucky enought to be travelling most of the year arround the glove. I've visit countries like Madgascar, Bangladesh, Thailand, and i have to say that this hostel is the worst hostel I have been in my live!!! No security. Room does not lock, no lockers in the room. No blinds in the room window's. Train goes by over the hostel. Rude staff that does not know anything. They overbook the rooms. Moisture all over the place. The showers and the toilets are disgustiing. Expensive for what i recieve

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

only one staff member at the front door, it was a busy evening and staff member was obviously under a lot of pressure and trying to please all guests at the same time which was not going so well. the only showers and toilets are on the first floor. wasn't very clean. the dorm we stayed was standard but you could improve the security part.

First of all I read the reviews so i knew what to expect however the staff were pleasant to us but i did witness them being rude to other guests. The beds were comfortable and the room was fine but the bathroom was pretty disgusting and looks and smells as if it hasnt be cleaned in a few weeks.

I stayed in a private double bed ensuite, and it was not a good experience. The cost of the ensuite for what it was, was INSANE. The toilet barely flushed, (if it even flushed) and there was a trickle of pressure in the shower. There also seemed to be black specks of something which appeared on bedding. The hostel door and actual building is labeled a different hotel, there is a proper sign, but it leaves you searching for building numbers which are hard to find to figure out where to go.

Terrible treatment by the recepcionist as he complained that i didnt have money changed to pay and told me "this is not Tesco". Didnt tell me the room number, only the floor so i had to guess. The showers in horrible conditions as well

When we arrived we were given the wrong room key and ended up walking into someone else's room. We had to walk around the hostel to find the man with the keys ourselves. Staff were not helpful at all and very condescending. My friend got an injury and we were told they did not have a first aid kit and seemed very confused when we asked. Showers were cold and dirty, the doors barely locked leaving security in question. The only good thing about this hostel is it's location. Do not stay here!!

This place always has cold military style foreign staff. It never has change at reception. Instead of a welcoming feeling, you get a cold intimidating one. The bathrooms are always smelly, cold and dirty

No hot water for showers,tv didnt work and the bathroom was filthy,not worth the money at all

• 23rd Jun 2014