Backpackers D1Hostel Reviews

80 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

quite basic and not much space in the room. I think everybody can walk in and say "Hi, I want key for room number..." the location was great. easy access to shopping, visiting and airport bus.

The property was inexistent and disgusting. There were many hairs in the shower, the kitchen was not acceptable that we didn't want to cook in. We told the staff to clean our room but nobody came. So the price was very high for the quality. It is the first time I make a comment on a site because I should do this for the next customers. You have to shake it. Thanks.

• 14th Aug 2015

I had a great time, good location nice and clean, but the reception no good Some times the staf is not at the reception .

Worst hostel I ever been. Dirty place with rude staff. Stay away!

• 7th Aug 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful. When I tried to check in, there was no record at the hostel of my online booking. Once I proved the booking had been placed, the staff ensured I got the room type I booked. The room was very dirty, with damp (fungi) everywhere in the bathroom. The bed linen was clean but the bed was in poor repair. So much so it was on the verge of collapsing as some of the bed fixings were missing. The communial area especially the kitchen was absolutely filthy

• 22nd Jul 2015

Dirty, mouldy and the staff will give the key to any room you ask for without checking if it is actually your room. No hygiene in the communal bathroom downstairs.

Only good thing I have to say about this hostel is the beds are ok

Read reviews & thought it couldn't be as bad, because I stayed @ a hostel down the st.The dorm itself, filthy. As if no 1 had sweeped in weeks. Sheets, dirty. Oh shower was located in a dungeon downstairs. Dirty with holes through the wall, if I hadn't arrived there after a 3hr run would've NEVER used it. Felt unsafe, the only other person in my room of 15 was making noises & sure he was on something. I stayed out 2 avoid staying the night. Left at 5am to the airport or I would've paid 4 a hotel

This is one of the worst hostels I've ever been in my life, For sure I'll never go back and I would advise people not to stay here for manu reasons. The neighborhood is a not dangerous, the staff is rude and they dont help you at all!! The rooms are ok but the vommon areas are very dirty and unpleasant. I reserved a private bedroom with bathroom and shower and they didnt even had towels!! You had to rent them in another hostel.... One of my worst experiences!

hi really poor staff. what staff he was he did not know how to talk to people he did not know how to greet people. It would be very good for backpackers and nobody else apart from that. We made it through that is the main thing. Make sure you bring your own water. Location wise excellent

• 1st Jul 2015

i think here the dirtyness has a full permit to stay! between a bin and this hostel, the bin will be cleaner!

It would be a REALLY good place to stay if the security wouldn t be that bad (dorm was able to enter from a second door without key, code etc. for EVERYONE!) and the showers, toiletts, washingbasins were just in an unacceptable condition.

• 20th May 2015

I loved the receptionist, loved how close it was from everything and how the people there were so welcoming.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

the room was not prepared no possibilities to print staff hat lack of Enlish was not clean

This hostel is by far the worst I've ever been at. To give u an example. There is blood on the walls in one of the toilets that wasn't cleaned during my 4 night stay (God know how long it's been there). There is also mould everywhere. I mean just the overal cleanness of the hostel is terrible. The staff just dosen't care and u get miserable just by entering the place. I would never in my life stay there again. Only reason I didn't switch was because all others were fully booked.....

It was such a disgusting hostel. There was no toilet tissue, no soap, the shower and the toilet weren't clean. The whole hostel was dirty. I slept in my Jeans to leave directly the next morning that hostel. It was horrible and too expensive for this. Never again!

• 21st Mar 2015

The man who checked us in was wonderful. He was the only positive about this Hostel. I don't recall his name but he was a big irish man. We (4 of us) booked an 8 person room, and he upgraded us to a 4 person private room no one was using.!The woman who runs the place was incredibly rude to us and made us feel unwelcome. She also yelled at us for switching rooms and we were scolded when coming/going from the hostel. The rooms were mildewy and creepy looking. Good location tho. Wifi was spotty.