Backpackers D1Hostel Reviews

80 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

I had asked to have my room ready for 11 am . When I arrived I was told it would be ready at 14.30. I was exhausted and really needed to go to sleep. I couldn't use the en-suite shower as there was no curtain over the clear glass window in the bathroom which over looked a courtyard. The girl at the front desk has no customer service skills , the bathroom had dark black mold all over the walls and shower , the socket are a fire safety risk being in such poor condition. Don't stay here.

When I arrived they said they had no bed for me. They had my booking but no bed. They sent me away WITHOUT returning my deposit that I had paid when I booked online. It was 22:00 on a Friday night in Dublin and there were no hostels with vacancies. I did manage to find one which was almost triple in price. They did not offer to help find an alternate accommodation or anything just "were full go away, no I can't give you your deposit back". 5 others with bookings were also sent away that night

No hot water, broken plug sockets and bed bugs!

I had an okay nights sleep, however, it's in a bad location near the train, not very clean, only plus is the price.

• 23rd Oct 2013