Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

I checked in very late and they were really nice, the wrote in a board the number of my room and the direction on the stairs, they left some clean bed lines on my bed with a paper with a map and the wifi password, really caring and professional.

• 9th Apr 2014

This is an excellent place to stay whether travelling solo or in a group. Clean, friendly and the staff are very helpful. It is intimate without being crowded and its location is serviced by bus/trams. Even though the communal kitchen area is rather small, it is still the best place to mix with other travellers. If I were ever in Dusseldorf again (and it is one hell of a city) then I would look this place up immediately.

i stayed in room 7, it located below staircase, it was noisy when people up/down . at night other people drank until midnight, i was interrupted. the staff should tell them to keep quiet at night.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

nice hostel good staff..

Excellent!

Breakfast is included and very good here.

Is one of this hostels where everything is okey but something is missing. No spirit. Well located, walking distance to central station, old town and media hafen. Clean bathrooms and big rooms. Breakfast okey, nothing special but ok. Good common areas. Perfect wifi. Reception and kitchen closes at night, so you better be out or sleeping. Maybe will come back with friends but not for solo travellers.

The hostel is good, i know so many from different place. The atmosphere is good as well, and the best thing is that we can enjoy the breakfast. That is wonderful!! However, the hotwater is hard to control. But i still love this hostel.

A quaint little hostel a short distance out of town that has everything you would need for a night or two in Dusseldorf. Breakfast was very standard but enough for the backpacking/budget traveller. There were plenty of places within the hostel to 'chill out' - multiple rooms with couches, seats and tables. Overall the hostel has enough, and is colourful and unique for it to stand out from many colder, standardised youth hostels.

A enjoyable weekend spent. Disappointing that there was no card payment facility at hostel to pay balance of bill. This needs to be highlighted when booking. Other than that, facilities were great, friendly atmosphere. Would recommend if staying in Dusseldorf.

• 14th Feb 2014

My 6 bed dorm room was so clean i really liked it and locker was good too , free internet good breakfast( the only problem with this hostel) There is no receptionist from 10pm" so overnight party could happen" Overall its a good hostel do not miss your booking i highly recommend it.

So amazing lovely place

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Russia

We had a nice stay and we met interesting people there. Moreover, we were near of the Aldstadt of the city - where there are a lot of pubs - and we had supermarkets near too.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Shower was cold, maybe because it was used so much the morning I took a shower. Cleanliness could be better, but it's a hostel. You know it isn't very clean. Breakfast was very good :)

• 17th Jan 2014

Dear Sir, thanks for your review. I can´t understand why the shower was cold, I checked everything and the water was hot - I really don´t understand. You also mentioned the cleanlinless and you are right - sorry for that, we are cleaning once a day, maybe somebody before you left something. kind regards / Patrick

An okay place - walking distance from the railway (10-20 minutes depending on your speed) which is 15 minutes from the airport. Pretty close to the old town and the shopping quarter. There's a kitchen but it is locked from 10pm till 8 am. And you can only leave your luggage till 10pm, which is when reception closes. 2 showers only on the main floor, probably not enough in high season. The amount of fun and quality of sleep you'll get depend entirely on who happens to be staying there.

I liked because of staff, they were really helpful. And breakfest it was included. I didn't like to pay for sheet.

Thanks for your review. Using bedlinen is mandatory for hygenic reasons. You have the option to bring your own sheets and you safe the 2€ - btw. the rate for the bedlinen is without any profit. 2 € is excactly what we pay to our laundry company.

The staff were absolutley amazing! I had a lot of buses and trains I needed to book and a couple of the guys completely helped me by booking everything as well as printing all my tickets. Much appreciated! I don't mind paying for sheets but I still find 17 euro a night in off season steep for a 10 bed dorm. There weren't many people at the hostel, but that's just the time of year! Breakfast was simple but loved that it was included. A 20 min walk into the city which was fine. Good stay!

Really nice hostel, with kind people! Don't hesitate to choose it if you go to Dusseldorf.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Fix the showers. How is it that it can only be SEARING HOT or ICE COLD. Cool staff. Decent dorm room. Good location. But seriously.... Don't stay here if you like showering.

I was very happy with my stay here. Markus was extremely helpful with finding local sites that were off the typical tourist map. I thought the facilities were very clean, conveniently located, and was very happy that there was a kitchen on the premises. I often didn't even need to take the bus or tram because of how close it was to everything. It was very easy to meet people and found everyone to be delightful. Thank you so much!

• 25th Nov 2013