Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

Decent location and helpful staff but a pretty limited breakfast and there are queues for the toilets and showers.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The rate includes a small breakfast: (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cereals, 3 kinds of bread, jam, nutella, honey, cream-cheese, pate, salami, mortadella), towel and 24h internet access.

This place is extortionate for a basic hostel. Our 'private double room' - bunk beds andbarely enough floor space for two people to stand. The room was decorated with Simpsons pictures and was like being in a 14year old boys room. Signs everywhere telling you it wasn't a hotel and to make own beds (and be charged an extra 4 euros for the privilege). If the place us so adamant it is not a hotel, then why the hotel prices?! 60 Euros for us to spend 1 night here was daylight robbery.

• 29th Jul 2014

Nice place. Great staff.

This hostel was so great! The staff were fantastic, the atmosphere was fantastic, the location is within walking distance to EVERYTHING! My ONLY complaint was that the kitchen and dining area completely closes off at ten, so if you're hungry after that, you better hope that you were smart enough to stuff some granola bars somewhere in your bags! Which we weren't Hahaha

A really good hostel for the price, a little bit of a walk to the market square but nothing that felt too far. It was really clean and the door codes to get into each room were a good idea so it felt really safe. I would definitely stay again.

There was good hostel. Clean, and nice.

Great staff and decorations

We were two persons. Everything was good. The breakfast can be improved.

The hostel is not in the old town, but you can still find services and facility around it. The neighbourhood is where real locals live. The hostel is good, nice and clean. The only problem is that the locker in my room is not functioning well, i need to push it up to lock it.

If something has to be found is that the reception is not always open, even in day time. For the rest absolutely suggested. Possibility to borrow playstation is a plus(I didn't,I'm not a fun,but still). Possibke to borrow locker,with deposit, but only if the reception is open(if u leave the hostel in the night you can't)

Dear S. thanks for your review. keeping open the reception all time need staff that has to be payed. At the end the guest has to pay for it. Please understand that we try everything to make your stay as cheap as possible. Please bring your own padlock and you can use the lockers whenever you like. regards, Patrick (owner)

Loved it, would reccomend to anyone

Not a particularly special place, but it's good for a bed to sleep in. It's a pretty far walk to the old town, and there's not much of interest close to the hostel.

Dear guest, thanks for your review. The famous Königsalle is only two blocks away, the Altstadt is exactly 2km (15min. walking) away and the harbour with the Frank O Gehry buildings too. It´s hard to find a hostelproperty next to all of those points. Most of our guests like how we are located. Thanks anyway, Patrick (the owner)

the bed and the sheets are smelly, we came late, very hungry, wanted to use the kitchen,but the staff said after 10, the kitchen is not allowed to use, the staircase is very narrow, to take the heavy luggage upstairs was quite dangerous and no staffs help, no bar, breakfast is poor, the bathroom was not clean, location actually is not bad,

Dear Mrs. C. - thanks for your "review". You are female travellers from asia and you are not able to lift your very heavy luggage by yourself. When you travel you should be able to do so.You wrote that the bedding were smelly- you got new fresh bedlinen from us and nothing was smelling on that room. You wrote all these negative points because you arrived at 2145h and expected that we keep the kitchen open only for you. Our staff wants to end the work at 10 pm. is that no understandable?

The atmosphere here was great. Helpful staff and a nice close-knit atmosphere. It's a bit of a walk to the city centre (20-25 mins) but this is more than made up for with the free breakfast and spacious lockers. The bike lock facilities are small but they're in an area that's locked up at night which is great. I doubt there's a better hostel in Dusseldorf.

Bad smelling rooms. Directions received at the reception for public transport absolutely wrong (I ended up at the wrong place). Far too expensive for the quality of the room.

Dear S. thanks for your review. Do your really think we give wrong directions? I mean seriously?? - I some guest you are sharing the room with is smelly, I am sorry but what can we do? We are by far the cheapest place in duesseldorf. So please come down and be realistic. kind regards Patrick (the owner)

The main reason I've rated this hostel so poorly is that it was the first hostel of my stay, and I believe that it had a bed bug problem. I woke up every morning with new bites and at the hostel I'm staying at now it seems they have stowed away in my luggage because I am continuing to suffer this experience every night. I'm covered in welts and have no proper way to clean everything I own at once because I am backpacking. Also the shower is either scalding or freezing.

• 2nd May 2014

Dear E. - using bedlinen is mandatory in our property. Everyone has either to use our bedlinen or bring his own. Sleepingbags are forbidden - the rease why is that bedbugs are travelling with sleepingbags. So - I can 100% assure that our beds are clean and bedbug - free. kind regards Patrick (owner)

I like it all about the hostel, definitely going back there when going to Düsseldorf.

• 25th Apr 2014

Everything is ok. The only problem is the noisy beds...

There were computer, which aren't working. Staff are actually a little rude. Beds were making too much noise, they were really old i believe.

The room was cozy, as it had some chairs and a table (many hostels lack of that).