Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

Good hostel, convenient for what we wanted it for. Rooms are quite cramped and plug sockets not by every bed but clean and comfy beds. Breakfast included is another benefit to anyone on a budget!

gracious host who cares about cleanliness and hygienic conditions. would stay again on my next visit to dusseldorf.

When we a arrived, the guy at the reception was really helpful. Very clean and close to both the station and the old town. They are strict with the rules, which is a good thing honestly. But 9:55 I entered the kitchen to get something from the fridge, just in-out 5 seconds, and the same guy complained about that he had to mop again, but if you close at 10, then you close at 10! Sorry for not noticing the wet floor, but rules are for both parts. Except of that we had a good experience, thanks!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

The staff was really rude and they ripped us off and took more money than we were supposed to pay. Honestly one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in and I've been backpacking Europe for 3 months now. Horrible experience here.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear C.M. - it is obviously a problem for you and your mates to read what you book. The bedsheets where not included, but mandatory - you can bring your own or use ours for 3€ But guys like you, that slept on the matrasses without using the sheets at all, ignoring the housrules and behaving like pigs seems it normal. I understand. I am feeling sorry for all the other hostels you "enriched" with the stay of your group. Please never book us again. - Patrick (the not happy owner)

The location and staff aren't the best. Sometimes they look like if you were a nuisance. The atmosphere and the cleanliness are very good.

I liked that the rooms were spacious and clean but didn't like that there was an extra charge for bed linen that wasn't made clear.

Thanks for your review, but the extra charge wasn´t made clear? It is mentioned several times during the booking procedure AND on the start description of the hostel at hostelworld. How often should we mention it more? - mandatory bedlinen 3,00 Euro once or bring your own - please check it

Ok hostel met lots of people but think by chance more than anything else tiny common area!location ok but a bit of a walk to centre! Two of the staff nice one guy really rude and didn't like his attitude! Average hostel stag dos were staying if that is what you are looking for.

nothing special. only stayed one night, not a whole lot to do in the city.

Nice hostel, staff is ok.

With the amount of common rooms and things to do around the hostel it makes it a great atmosphere. The kitchen is clean and the breakfast is good. The rooms are nice however more bathroom facilities would be nice. The staff was nice but quiet and the reception hours were a bit of a bummer and kitchen closed at 9:30 which is to early.

Dear P. thanks for your review. I agree, more bathroom facilities would be nice but due to the building construction unfortunately not possible. The kitchen is open until 22h - we only ask the guests not to START cooking after 2130. regards - patrick

It was a great stay, i met lots of nice people and good atmosphere!! The breakfast is really good and super clean. Definitely i will stay next time here!

Not a lively atmosphere. Nothing special about his hostel. Dusseldorf seems to be a short stopover for travelers to get to somewhere else.

I was very pleased to stay in this hostel. I have stayed in several in different countries and was pleased by the cleanliness and kind staff at this one. The Info Desk at the airport tried to send me to the wrong hostel, so I'm glad I gave them the address for Backpacker's when they tried to send me to the other one!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Nice hostel with friendly staff, common room spaces and a kitchen. It's in a relatively quiet area and lacks a bit of atmosphere as a result of the location, but the old town within walking distance.

The hostel is pretty easy to find, especially if you have the location saved on google maps. We were welcomed by a very friendly staff member who showed us around the hostel and showed us what part of town to go to, and gave us a map with some cool locations listed to visit. Our room was clean and everything worked okay. The bathroom was also clean. for breakfast there was coffee, meats, bread, and some oat seed mix, which was all very nice. Overall a good stay

• 23rd Jun 2015

The rooms lock although I don't think there are lockers. There's a good little kitchen and you get breakfast. The staff are really friendly and helpful. There's a little living room area and a free computer. However the rooms were really hot and light and if you open the window, really noisy. And they put me as a lone female in a room with 10 drunk football players which I really didn't appreciate. But the hostel itself is nice and quite easy to find.

Staff was very helpful but a bad smell came from the bathroom of outside

Breakfast was very good. Clean rooms and the host were very friendly.

• 4th Jun 2015

Goose hostel to stay in. Not the nearest to the centre, but only a short walk. Staff were very helpful and there are plenty of areas to chill out in. The hostel was looked after and cleaned thoroughly daily. It was really full when I stayed, but all guests were respectful of each other, and it was still comfortable to stay in

Very good! Rooms very clean. They have llockers. Before we arrived, they sent us all codes for late check in. Perfect.