Backpackers-Duesseldorf

Fabulous 2083 Total Reviews

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017
4.0

I stayed 2 nights in this hostel and slept so badly both nights because of the noise of the street and of other people that stayed there (till 4 in the morning...). This hostel is not close to the city center ('walking distance' is really far stretched) and overall the vibe in this hostel was not pleasant. The showers are without a lock (it's weird to shower when you know anybody can walk in any moment) and really disgusting with very little warm water. Not staying here again.

Dear Sophia, on one hand you complain about the street noise and on the other we are not close enough to the city. The fact is, we are 2km to the center of düsseldorf altstadt. This is walking 15 min. The 2nd fact is that the showersdoors have a lock. I am sorry when other guests had fun and you not but this is out of my influence. / patrick / owner (when I saw you at the breakfast , it seemed to me that you enjoy your stay - but I was obviously wrong - next time you talk to us - ok?)

21st Jan 2017

Excellent hostel. I am absolutely satisfied with my stay here and have no negative aspects to point out. Staff is really helpful whenever you need them, even for matters or questions not related to your stay at all. Totally recomend this place!

• Lebanon, Male, 18-24
4th Jan 2017
3.4

The staff was extremely agressive and rude, I also didn't appreciate the multiple patronizing signs telling us what to do or not to do when it was pretty obvious.

Dear Sir, as I told you already I had to explain some important things on your arrival - like we do to everyone (how to use the bedlinen). You can see how important this little hygienic rule is, can you see on the fact that you totally ignored it and slept without using it. It is fascinating when especially guys like you feeling offended by little hostel rules and afterwords not following them at all. Btw. your friend and the other guys on the room where laughing about you when you complaint about me in front of them. I hope you enjoyed your review - revenge for nothing.

• NicolasBch
  • France, Male, 25-30
31st Dec 2016

Backpackers Düsseldorf was a very nice, safe and clean place. Pretty good value for money. We stayed 3 days there. Girls at the reception were very helpful, friendly (and beautiful 😍). We'll surely come back. Thanks guys and happy new year 👍

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2016

A 15 minute walk or so to the shopping district and to Old Town but I was fine with that. Round a 12 minute walk from central station. Good atomosphere. Easy to meet people and hang out with them.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

Clean, friendly staff, great place!

• Serbia, Male, 25-30
24th Oct 2016
6.9

It was good for normal prices, but for this price of 5x higher price like a hotel room was bad. I had room with drunk guys that came 2am in the room so there was no sleep for 2 hours. Tomorrow different guys comes at 3:30 am also wakes half of guest there is no one to tell them house rules or calm down them...

Dear Guest, we just doubled the rates for a brief time during a trade fair in duesseldorf, but we are still a hostel with hostel life and hostel guests. I guess a hotel with a single room would be more suitable for you in the future.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
15th Oct 2016

It was a little bit of a hike to get there, but doable. Excellent location, only 10mins walk to Old Town. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable, but the pillows probably need replacing. Great breakfast in the morning, it was very nice of the owners to provide that. I'll definitely come back.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
13th Oct 2016

The girl at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. The room, showers and toilets were very clean, as were the provided sheets. The bed was comfortable and long enough even for me (I'm 1,95m tall). There were large lockers in the room and you could get a lock at the reception for a deposit of 10 euro. Location is great, at walking distance from the train station and old town but very quiet at night. The breakfast was ok, but the fact that cheese wasn't available was a bit unfortunate.

2nd Oct 2016
7.7

The city and the hostel were pretty calm. But the place was nice.