Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

Nice staff and I got to know interesting people there. The mixed bathroom was clean. Breakfast was okay.

The place is far from the center of town, in a dodgy part of the city. But if you've got a mean look about you, you'll do fine. The facility is nicely styled, and very clean. The staff are nice, and you can tell they put a lot of effort into the job. The gentleman I checked in with couldn't tell me much about the city, I had to point out that there was a festival going on, but I get the sense it's not a location for travelers so much as folks coming in for a weekend holiday.

Not the greatest hostel but not the worst either. Marcus is a really nice guy but the other one is quite rude

Clean, friendly staff, good breakfast, and within walking distance to train station and old town. Towels and sheets provided, small lockers in the rooms, and good wifi signal.

The hostel is not very close to the center as I thought. The room was ok but it had no individual light. The security system was fine, but the breakfast not. It was included but there was not many options and there was no cheese because people put it in the toaster...Ok. The worst part was the shower: it was cold. And my roommate had the same problem. Also there's not enough showers and bathrooms for all the people, which was annoying. The social area was not great too, but the wifi was ok.

The property is still where it was, when you made the booking. The breakfast had too many options? The water is warm but the shower faucet is sensible, that´s all.

Small, homey, simple, quiet - great place! Would stay there again in a heartbeat. About a ten minute walk from the main square. Close to trams busses and banks. Highly recommended!

• 6th Sep 2015

Terrible shower. It could be burning you or freezing you (more often)

The water is warm but the shower faucet is sensible, that´s all.

Fair way out of the city centre. Nothing special about this hostel, and you have to pay for your own linen. Nice owner, but crowded rooms with limited power points.

A pretty cool hostel with comfy beds and common area. Breakfast is a bit limited (especially for vegetarians) but hey, it's included in the booking price, so it's not something to complain about. It's in a good location for access to the train station and the city centre. The walls have lots of cool and interesting posters etc which makes it look like you're staying over at a friend's place, and overall it's a good place to stay.

Patrick n his team treat u as if u r one of their family. Beds very comfortable n rooms reasonable size for most people. Showers good size. Kitchen easy to use but some guests not respecting others with their responsibilities. Would recommend n will return soon.

The staff were quite warm and friendly to me. the breakfast was simple, but sufficient. It really is a quiet place to rest in between "party" cities. The showers were a bit on the basic side, but the water was hot and plentiful. I only stayed one night, but I actually enjoyed my stopover.

Good hostel, convenient for what we wanted it for. Rooms are quite cramped and plug sockets not by every bed but clean and comfy beds. Breakfast included is another benefit to anyone on a budget!

gracious host who cares about cleanliness and hygienic conditions. would stay again on my next visit to dusseldorf.

When we a arrived, the guy at the reception was really helpful. Very clean and close to both the station and the old town. They are strict with the rules, which is a good thing honestly. But 9:55 I entered the kitchen to get something from the fridge, just in-out 5 seconds, and the same guy complained about that he had to mop again, but if you close at 10, then you close at 10! Sorry for not noticing the wet floor, but rules are for both parts. Except of that we had a good experience, thanks!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

The staff was really rude and they ripped us off and took more money than we were supposed to pay. Honestly one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in and I've been backpacking Europe for 3 months now. Horrible experience here.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear C.M. - it is obviously a problem for you and your mates to read what you book. The bedsheets where not included, but mandatory - you can bring your own or use ours for 3€ But guys like you, that slept on the matrasses without using the sheets at all, ignoring the housrules and behaving like pigs seems it normal. I understand. I am feeling sorry for all the other hostels you "enriched" with the stay of your group. Please never book us again. - Patrick (the not happy owner)

The location and staff aren't the best. Sometimes they look like if you were a nuisance. The atmosphere and the cleanliness are very good.

I liked that the rooms were spacious and clean but didn't like that there was an extra charge for bed linen that wasn't made clear.

Thanks for your review, but the extra charge wasn´t made clear? It is mentioned several times during the booking procedure AND on the start description of the hostel at hostelworld. How often should we mention it more? - mandatory bedlinen 3,00 Euro once or bring your own - please check it

Ok hostel met lots of people but think by chance more than anything else tiny common area!location ok but a bit of a walk to centre! Two of the staff nice one guy really rude and didn't like his attitude! Average hostel stag dos were staying if that is what you are looking for.

nothing special. only stayed one night, not a whole lot to do in the city.

Nice hostel, staff is ok.