Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

Perfect. Great Service. Friendly Staff.

Nice hostel, friendly staff and the most beautiful receptionist ever seen on a sunday morning ;)

This is a basic but comfortable hostel. Just a short walk from the HBF

I liked the location even though it was a 15-20 minute walk to the Altstadt area. It was a quiet area with plenty of coffee shops, bakeries, convenience stores near by. I liked that there were at least 3 separate congregation areas for guests to meet each other. The atmosphere was vibrant. I felt comfortable and secure during my two night stay.

• 11th Feb 2015

3rd stay at this hostel...good sized rooms, free breakfast and WIFI and good showers..what else do you need...a bit of a walk to the aldstat but excellent value for money..

Not hot water when I was about to take a shower.

Unfortunately not a nice place. Too hot and not very clean, smelly room and no recption/kitchen access from 10pm to 5am. No atmostphere, def no value for money. The reception guy was helpful, but not a nice stay. Not going back

Dear D., thanks for your review. You stayed with us during the BOOT Trade fair. The hostel was packed and you decided to book an bed on a tenbed dormitory. Why did you not opened the window, if it was too hot and smelly? You knew when you booked the bed that our kitchen and reception is closed during the night, so I can´t see why you are complaining afterwords....kind regards - the helpful guy from the reception

Very nice place and very helpful staff. Slightly higher rates than competitors and you have to pay for linens but overall a pleasant stay. Would recommend.

• 14th Jan 2015

The value for money is good and it includes a continental breakfast. Staff is very friendly. They have just changed the beds and mattresses so they are all brand new and very comfortable!

The + : Rooms are clean, common places are nice. Free Internet access, Wi-Fi. Breakfast "all you can eat" included and pretty good. The - : The hostel is a bit far from the centre of the city. Male showers are in the same room, only separated by a curtain. Staff is not really friendly.

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

• 28th Dec 2014

Great on the scope of hostels! Very worth the price and an enjoyable stay. We were going to arrive after hours and the staff was very helpful in an email so once we got there we got into our room and right to sleep!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Facility is very well decorated

I stayed for one night in a six bed mix dorm im the basement . It was cleaned. The sheets too. There is a big locker in the room. Bad was the toilet next to the room was impossible bad smell all the time and dirty... But it is possible to use the one next yo the entrance which was clean. The personal was kind. Breakfast ok for a hostel.

It was nice. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean. Shame you couldn't pay either online or in person using Visa or MasterCard though.

i like cozy places, but for one night for me its quiet good. thank you

i was left there without any attendance neither telefone asistance at that time of a night without any idea at all where i coud go, only for 5-10 minutes later than reception hour after hell of work and time to find the hostel. ! ..... Fortunately, another customer let me to sleep on one of his 2 beds which he said that were made paid even for web-error(!?), with no sheets and pillow case! later after holidays i found i was charged thru my Visa for that night staying on that PAID bed!

Dear Guest, when we realized that you are too late we arranged your bed and everything for you to get in. We send you an email with all nessecary informations to get in and to find your bed. Sorry when you are so terrible confused in finding our hostel or to check your mail. We charged you, because you stayed with us. I guess that is absolutley correct. Don´t point on us when you are totally confused. - the management

basic hostel. nice staff, not overly friendly, but efficient

Unprofessional in all aspects. By far the worst hostel I have ever experienced. Your hostel is ruining the reputation for the hostel industry.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

The cleaner walked into our room while we were present and continued to clean it and opened the window which we found was rather strange. The bunk-beds need serious updating, I nearly broke my back on the upper bunk. There was a smelly pumpkin carved out into a skeletor in one of our presses, wonderful surprise to find. I thought the living quarters were good. Showers/ toilets were clean and free internet and kiosk to surf. I think more concentration needed on the rooms.