Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

The value for money is good and it includes a continental breakfast. Staff is very friendly. They have just changed the beds and mattresses so they are all brand new and very comfortable!

The + : Rooms are clean, common places are nice. Free Internet access, Wi-Fi. Breakfast "all you can eat" included and pretty good. The - : The hostel is a bit far from the centre of the city. Male showers are in the same room, only separated by a curtain. Staff is not really friendly.

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

• 28th Dec 2014

This was the only hostel available on the night I was in Duesseldorf. The hostel is of an average nature, but the stifling atmosphere is created by the owner/manager, an incessantly rude and petty man. He's really a throwback to 'those' days of Germany. When I checked out there was no one at the counter, then later he storms upstairs and rudely demands I pay. Hovering around the kitchen to make everyone feel uncomfortable was his game. Luckily I had only booked one night so I could leave.

Great on the scope of hostels! Very worth the price and an enjoyable stay. We were going to arrive after hours and the staff was very helpful in an email so once we got there we got into our room and right to sleep!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Facility is very well decorated

I stayed for one night in a six bed mix dorm im the basement . It was cleaned. The sheets too. There is a big locker in the room. Bad was the toilet next to the room was impossible bad smell all the time and dirty... But it is possible to use the one next yo the entrance which was clean. The personal was kind. Breakfast ok for a hostel.

It was nice. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean. Shame you couldn't pay either online or in person using Visa or MasterCard though.

i like cozy places, but for one night for me its quiet good. thank you

i was left there without any attendance neither telefone asistance at that time of a night without any idea at all where i coud go, only for 5-10 minutes later than reception hour after hell of work and time to find the hostel. ! ..... Fortunately, another customer let me to sleep on one of his 2 beds which he said that were made paid even for web-error(!?), with no sheets and pillow case! later after holidays i found i was charged thru my Visa for that night staying on that PAID bed!

Dear Guest, when we realized that you are too late we arranged your bed and everything for you to get in. We send you an email with all nessecary informations to get in and to find your bed. Sorry when you are so terrible confused in finding our hostel or to check your mail. We charged you, because you stayed with us. I guess that is absolutley correct. Don´t point on us when you are totally confused. - the management

basic hostel. nice staff, not overly friendly, but efficient

Unprofessional in all aspects. By far the worst hostel I have ever experienced. Your hostel is ruining the reputation for the hostel industry.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

The cleaner walked into our room while we were present and continued to clean it and opened the window which we found was rather strange. The bunk-beds need serious updating, I nearly broke my back on the upper bunk. There was a smelly pumpkin carved out into a skeletor in one of our presses, wonderful surprise to find. I thought the living quarters were good. Showers/ toilets were clean and free internet and kiosk to surf. I think more concentration needed on the rooms.

Fairly stock standard hostel. Not much happening in the immediate vicinity, but walkable to the old town. There are multiple common areas within the hostel for meeting other travellers.

Very basic hostel, small and cosy. The second night I was there someone tried to break open all the lockers. Luckily the lock held. A hesitant recommendation for this place, but do yourself a favour and just don't go to Dusseldorf. There's nothing going on anywhere.

This hostel is about 15-20 minutes walk from the Altstadt and there isn't much to see/do in the vicinity. There is, however, supermarkets, some cafes and fast food restaurants. And if feels relatively secure walking alone at night. The hostel itself is absolutely fine. The 8-bed dorm was cozy but had lockers and needed a passcode to enter. Breakfast is really good. Thanks to Patrick for a satisfactory 2-night stay.

cantral but quiet location. you will be in the center of Düsseldorf and among friendly people from all the worl.

Nothing to complain about. Had a great time in Düsseldorf ! Value for Money is great.

Very nice place. Always brings in people you can meet and talk to in a comfortable atmosphere.

Great for meeting people! There were plenty of other friendly solo travelers. The staff wasn't really friendly, and the linens fee was a bit unexpected