Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

1936 Total Reviews

The staff was never there, we had to wait more than an hour to do the check in, and when they were there they were all very rude. The two showers are divided by a curtain so the others taking shower next to you invade you space and even touch you. In my room there were almost no heating.

• 3rd Feb 2016

A really nice places with a very helpful staff. The location is great, 20 minutes from the old town, and a good breakfast

Nice hostel.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

Very nice atmosphere and walking distance between the main station and the centre

Nice hostel, great location and friendly staff. The only slightly negative thing is that you have to type in a code everytime you reconnect to the wifi network. All in all a great place. I will come back in January!

• 4th Dec 2015

Pretty good except there was no staff to help before 8 am and I had an early flight so I was left to find a taxi on my own rather than having the ability to call them

• 4th Dec 2015

Suggested! consider that the breakfast is quite "little".

first floor toilets, need better shower space with provision to keep clothes and toilet need hot water provision.

Large, clean rooms. Not much of a hostel atmosphere though. Kitchen is handy. It's not too far to walk to the big attractions and there is a supermarket nearby

An ok hostel. Was quite expensive but I think Dusseldorf is generally an expensive city. The staff were nice and helpful. I was in a 10-bed dorm which was pretty cramped but manageable and had ok-size lockers in the room. Reception is only open until 10pm - which includes the kitchen and dining area, so no late night meals. You get door codes to get in when you come back late at night. Wireless was sometimes impossible to get on but I think some of the other guests were streaming so no wonder!

We had a very nice stay at this hostel. No complaints!

Lovely staff in a central location. Supermarket is close I felt very welcome over there. The party / hot spot area is a ca. 20min foot walk or just take the tram around the corner. "Special" is indeed that you have to pay extra for the linen or just bring your own. Haven't seen that before but its all written here. Some lockers within the room (right now they are placed outside) would add a little more comfort. Friendly staff offered me to store some valuables. I would come by again!

Very good hostel would definitely recommend.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Not a good feel holiday place to stay at. Staff were nice enough but the element of fun was missing from the hostel! This meant spending most of my time in the outdoors which was beautiful enough.

Although not very close to the main train station and the old town, both are definitely within walkable distance. The common area was well decorated and furnished for lodgers to chill out at night, and there is a kitchen available for our use. A free simple breakfast is provided - and it has what you can pretty much expect from a free meal. Great to get to know quite a few people during my very short (1 night only) stay there.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

Good location: fair walking distance to the city center, close to supermarkets, banks and tram and bus stops... Nice and clean bedrooms and common areas. The breakfast is good, considering it is included in the price.

Decent hostel, it provided me with the basics that I was looking for my one night stay. However, one issue is the extra fee for the bedding even though I was forewarned about this charge. The location is also not as central as you would like. But, the staff were helpful and friendly enough but I won't exactly be desperate to return because the hostel is more hotel like than of an expected hostel.

Nice staff and I got to know interesting people there. The mixed bathroom was clean. Breakfast was okay.

The place is far from the center of town, in a dodgy part of the city. But if you've got a mean look about you, you'll do fine. The facility is nicely styled, and very clean. The staff are nice, and you can tell they put a lot of effort into the job. The gentleman I checked in with couldn't tell me much about the city, I had to point out that there was a festival going on, but I get the sense it's not a location for travelers so much as folks coming in for a weekend holiday.

Not the greatest hostel but not the worst either. Marcus is a really nice guy but the other one is quite rude