Backpackers-Duesseldorf Reviews

Fuerstenwall 180, 40215, Dusseldorf, Germany

Bad smelling rooms. Directions received at the reception for public transport absolutely wrong (I ended up at the wrong place). Far too expensive for the quality of the room.

Dear S. thanks for your review. Do your really think we give wrong directions? I mean seriously?? - I some guest you are sharing the room with is smelly, I am sorry but what can we do? We are by far the cheapest place in duesseldorf. So please come down and be realistic. kind regards Patrick (the owner)

The main reason I've rated this hostel so poorly is that it was the first hostel of my stay, and I believe that it had a bed bug problem. I woke up every morning with new bites and at the hostel I'm staying at now it seems they have stowed away in my luggage because I am continuing to suffer this experience every night. I'm covered in welts and have no proper way to clean everything I own at once because I am backpacking. Also the shower is either scalding or freezing.

• 2nd May 2014

Dear E. - using bedlinen is mandatory in our property. Everyone has either to use our bedlinen or bring his own. Sleepingbags are forbidden - the rease why is that bedbugs are travelling with sleepingbags. So - I can 100% assure that our beds are clean and bedbug - free. kind regards Patrick (owner)

I like it all about the hostel, definitely going back there when going to Düsseldorf.

• 25th Apr 2014

Everything is ok. The only problem is the noisy beds...

There were computer, which aren't working. Staff are actually a little rude. Beds were making too much noise, they were really old i believe.

The room was cozy, as it had some chairs and a table (many hostels lack of that).

A repeat visit to the hostel..free breakfast, good sized rooms and common area. The only slight negative is location from old town but in view of the price and value for money then small price to pay..would recommend.

This was a fine hostel but had a funky atmosphere, which may also be due to Dusseldorf - not exactly a stop on the backpacker trail so it did not feel like a place to hang out but the facilities were plenty fine and convenient enough by public transit to the bus station

I checked in very late and they were really nice, the wrote in a board the number of my room and the direction on the stairs, they left some clean bed lines on my bed with a paper with a map and the wifi password, really caring and professional.

• 9th Apr 2014

This is an excellent place to stay whether travelling solo or in a group. Clean, friendly and the staff are very helpful. It is intimate without being crowded and its location is serviced by bus/trams. Even though the communal kitchen area is rather small, it is still the best place to mix with other travellers. If I were ever in Dusseldorf again (and it is one hell of a city) then I would look this place up immediately.

i stayed in room 7, it located below staircase, it was noisy when people up/down . at night other people drank until midnight, i was interrupted. the staff should tell them to keep quiet at night.

• 29th Mar 2014