Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Very social hostel with spacious common room. Staff were friendly and pleasant when welcoming us. However, some negatives...they double booked and I was given someone else's bed...I was provided with a locker which didn't lock...staff didn't acknowledge, resolve or apologise for either so was bit disappointed.

• 19th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel but for the price for the bed the facilities werent quite as good as I expected. The room I was in was filled with bunkbeds and there was little room to move and it didnt feel like there was much of a social atmosphere. Also, the amount of steps up to the hostel was a killer in the extreme heat! The staff were great though!

I booked this hostel based on the awesome reviews I read about it here and it was the right choice - seriously amazing place. Clean, air con, amazing staff, great atmosphere - book it you won't regret it.

Staff are great- very helpful with advise and recommendations. Super friendly and create a great vibe

• 18th Jul 2015

A bit tricky to find, but decently located. 15ish minutes to the old town and the bus station. 20ish mins to the beach. unfortunately no breakfast included. Overall great experience thanks to the staff and the great people I met during my stay.

The staff were amazing! I would recommend this place purely based on my interactions with the staff, they are all extremely friendly and know everything about the city. My friend lost his bank card and had it sent to this hostel, knowing the language, they were willing to spend their time helping him locate and pick up his replacement card! The facilities were simple but that was all we needed, a small kitchen and a place to relax! Highly recommend this hostel

Huge thanks to the staff: Ivana, Lauren, Sam and the young woman who was in Cape Town (sorry, I never got her name) who are very personable, always smiling and very friendly, they made our stay AMAZING! If I come back to Split, I will most definitely be looking to stay here again!

Words can not describe this hostel it was just that good. Very secure and staff are beyond helpful really great people working here always available to help in such a polite manner. Having lost bank card, phone etc at Ultra Festival they were really kind and understandable which was awesome. Great location 5 mins from harbor and clean. Comfy beds and great showers. Organise bar crawls and what not, just an fantastic hostel and cant wait to stay here next summer. Really go the extra mile to help.

This was by far my favorite hostel that I've ever stayed in! The staff was so friendly and helpful, and it felt very much like a family atmosphere. I loved that there were free towels, lockers, a kitchen, and the option to do laundry. They also allowed my friends and I to leave our bags after check-out since we didn't have to leave for the airport until that night. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

• 6th Jul 2015

Really friendly hostel, very welcoming, nice chilled atmosphere and great views over city from the balcony.

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel was perfect. From the people to the location to the space itself, I can't imagine a better experience.

Wonderful hostel with an amazing community! (staff and guests included) Nevermind the climb to the 5th floor for the hostel! It'll all be worth it once you reach! Except maybe the fact they only have 2 showers, other than that, all is good if you skip the peak hours.

Backpackers Fairytale is a hostel with a great atmosphere. Relaxed vibes and good company, the staff is great, and the location is excellent.

Very hard to find as there is no signs but once you do it is definitely worth it Amazing hostel with such a laid back and friendly vibe. The bathrooms were cleaned daily and the beds were very comfortable. Everyone makes you feel like a little family.

Best atmosphere of any of the hostels I visited by far; I feel like this place is designed to bring people together in a way that other places only try to. People actually use the kitchen - cooking, eating together, talking. The living room, balcony, and kitchen were in constant use during the day, which I think made it a bit difficult to keep it clean all the time - they do however make an effort in this area and I found it never bothered me. I remember not wanting to leave.

I can't recommend this place enough! My friend and I stayed here for several nights before heading to Hvar, and ended up returning afterwards because we loved it so much. The people are fantastic and the place has a super mellow, laid-back vibe that made us feel right at home (ask them about "fjaka"!). Everyone was so generous and helpful. Especially enjoyed hanging out on the balcony in the evenings and jamming along with the house guitar. We were so sad to leave, but will definitely come back!

Recently stayed (and extended my stay) with Backpackers Fairytale. A lovely hostel with friendly staff who were more than happy to recommend things to do, places to go, and the best way to get off the tourist trail. There's a nice mix between backpackers and holiday makers, a really nice friendly atmosphere around the hostel. The location is great, everything is within easy walking distance. Couldn't recommend staying here enough, Backpackers Fairytale really made my stay in Split. THANK YOU!

I stayed at Fairytale with 4 friends for 4 nights. Originally only booked 2 nights but extended to 4 after the first night, as all 5 of us loved it. The staff were so welcoming and friendly! As soon as we arrived we were given tips on where to go out to eat/drink and the best day trips to other islands. Its a smallish hostel, so you get to know the staff and other guests really well, which is great! Have already spread the word and recommended to friends heading to Split in the near future.

• 11th Jun 2015

Great place! Close to center and still with a beautiful view of the sea and the old town. Relaxed atmosphere, Secure and a Nice homely feel to it. Highly recommendable!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I really enjoyed my stay at the fairytail! Perfect place to relax and charge the batteries, it's very homely and has a more intimate vibe compared to big chain hostels. Staff are super cool, and the view of the city and sea from the balcony is better than most hotels I've stayed in. Cheers for the good times, Looking forward to coming back here next year! Higgins....

« first « Prev 1 2 3