Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

The hostel is 5 floors up with no lifts, hence it is a trouble for those carrying heavy backpacks or luggages. It is about 10 minutes walk away from city center but mainly without shelter, so you will be sweating for quite a lot. Wifi is pretty decent and there is this living lounge where everyone gathers and chill. Toilets, especially the showering part, is quite tight though.

Great place, felt so welcomed by all the guys in the hostel and their friends

• 29th Aug 2015

Such a great hostel, helpful staff and the cleanest place I've stayed in for years! Well worth walking up all those steps, thanks for a great experience

• 22nd Aug 2015

I had so much luggage when I arrived and there was a fleet of stairs that I had to go up. However, when I arrived I saw the most handsome Croatian man whose name is the one and only Josip! That made me forget about the atrocious stairs. Anett is lovely as well! She shared some of her amazing peso pasta with me when I was sick. And I can't forget Ricchie, my Scottish friend who taught me his milk and tea recipe. Basically, I have to come back because Josip owes me amazing Turkish coffee! HAHA =)

Staff were very friendly, hostel was clean and lockers were provided. Location was very good and atmosphere was nice and relaxed. Would recommend to anyone to stay here!

Beautiful hostel in a beautiful location staffed with the best locals who are eager to share their city with you! Very conducive for meeting other travelers in a relaxed casual atmosphere. By far the best hostel we stayed in on our trip across Europe!

The location isn't great. And had to walk 9 stairs!!! There is no common room and as a solo traveler I missed that. The rooms were clean and staff was really helpful.

Location was great, staff was welcoming and helpful. Rooms were quite tight and bathroom was always busy.

Backpackers Fairytale is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The fact that it is small and is all on one level with one shared common area allows everyone to get to know each other and creates a good homely atmosphere. I was travelling solo and never felt alone here. The staff were amazing with their humour and wealth of knowledge. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015

Always a pleasure to stay at This hostel. It's very clean, has a great common room and well equipped kitchen and the staff are always very welcoming, informative and interesting to talk to. Best thing is just sitting and chilling on the balcony over looking the rooftops and beyond. Great in the morning. Awe inspiring at sunset. Oh, didn't I forget to mention the wonderful showers. I love this hostel.

Had a great time at Backpacker's Fairytale! Richie greeted us as soon as we arrived, made us feel very welcome and was a great source of info throughout our stay. The whole place has a brilliant atmosphere - most of the hostel went on nights out together while we were there. The place was very clean and safe, in an excellent location and very accommodating when we needed to leave our bags on our last day before check out. Would recommend a stay here! 5*

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Incredibly difficult to find using the instructions. We got incredibly lost. Ended up just looking at the map and getting there ourselves. Even more difficult to find the building. No signage at all. Lots of stairs to climb with luggage! But wonderful staff.

Nice facilities. Front door of building not locked which could turn some people off but on the top floor so not much risk. In an office building, so not much going around in the immediate area, but it is a short walk from old town bars, restaurants, clubs. Staff was friendly, quick to give awesome recommendations and help with trip planning.

Apart from the kitchen needing some more cutlery, this hostel is great. The stuff is very helpful, the location is perfect and the atmosphere was great during my stay.

Clean, safe and friendly. Only two members of staff really seemed to know what they were doing, but all staff were pleasant to talk to. The location is good apart from the market is a little scary walking home at night, plus we were not told about the building works which woke me up early hours of the morning. Nice space in the private room and air con which is always a plus.

• 7th Aug 2015

Met lots of really friendly travellers here and staff were really helpful 😀

After a long journey from Serbia we thought we'd try our luck and arrived at 8 o'clock in the morning. We were greeted nicely and given towels to shower and use the facilities, until our room was available. The stay was great and we met many friendly travellers and the staff were very friendly and couldnt be more helpful, wish we could have stayed for longer.

Really enjoyed our stay here. Good, clean facilities and air con in all the rooms. Towels provided and beach towels available for rent. Also very friendly, and helpful staff who allowed us to stay on the sofa bed when we had no where to stay. Additionally good location, would stay again.

Great hostel, really small so easy to get to know people. Really clean, staff are great and their is wifi, air con and laundry facilities which is a bonus. Only problem is it's location is a little hard to find and there's 10 flights of stairs to get to it! About a 10 minute walk to the Main Street, would definitely stay again.

one of the best hostel that i have been... is a small hostel and that allow you the meet and chill with everyone.. really nice vive from the staff! it was so helpfull and anett is the mother that everyone want to have! she is so funny! she is joking all the time and also know all the tips for split! thanks guys! the only bad thing are the stairs !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4