Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Stayed 3 nights! Great location, we could walk everywhere quickly and was nice not to be in the confusing central area. Met some nice people. Felt safe there however the doors was never locked, and the reception wasn't always around. The beds moved quite a bit if the person below was tossing and turning and would wake us up. Showers were hot, kitchen was good, staff was very welcoming. Would stay there again though.

Amazing. Love this hostel. Anthea is so kind and so helpful. She and Sam advised us on all sorts of things from the quietest beach to cliff diving spots to the best place to watch the sunset to the best bars. The atmosphere in the hostel is perfect. It's like living in uni halls but with more interesting people! The hostel is awkward to find and some people can't help but eat others food but I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. Loved it.

Had a phenomenal time at this hostel, wish we could have stayed in Split for longer. Anthea went so far out of her way to show us around- she took us to the best swimming/cliff jumping spots, taught us how to slack-line, and went out on the town with everyone during the evening. This hostel feels like a family- Sam, the Flying Dutchman, is an absolute beauty. Great location with an amazing balcony view, comfy beds, a full sized kitchen with oven (!). Will stay here again.

The loveliest hostel I stayed in on my 7 weeks of travel! I went back for a second stay it as that good! I made friends there that I continue catch up with in other countries. The people there (staff and guests) became my family!

• 7th May 2015

Very well located, amazing staff, confortable beds, great view from the city and nice atmosphere where you can meet other ttavellers. Might consider improing wifi in the 8 bed dorm and putting more power plugs in the room.

Fantastic location just minutes from old town and the green market. anthea is an amazing host and the facilities are great. separate male and female bathroom, free towels, big living room to meet people and hang out and a functional kitchen. it is on the fourth floor but don't let that deter you! well worth it. Note though that rooms did not lock and front door seemed to usually be unlocked. lockers in the rooms though.

Nice social vibe in this little hostel as well as great views over split as it's on the top (5th?) floor of the building. Facilities are all there are pretty clean and it's only a few mins walk the the old town in Split.

An exceptional hostel.. with an awesome view of the city and harbour. There's a large common room with a balcony, and free wifi. Showers are clean and there's plenty of hot water. Beds are comfy, and Antea makes a huge effort to make your stay enjoyable. Overall a great place to stay. Highly recommended... and I will stay here again for sure!

Awesome place!, It is 10 minuts from the market and the city center. Loved the friendly environment. Beautiful view of the sunset and sunrise from the balcony, nice warm shower, clean towels and clean sheets. The common area is very welcoming, it has its own stereo and computer, DVDs, A/C and heater. We want to thank Atenea for all your help, over all with my friend while he was sick, thank you for the soup, you are like a mother.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Great Location. Just a stone away from city center.

Great hostel. The staff are amazing and the location is great.

The hostel was located in a building and you cannot see the sign at night. But overall the staff was awesome and they were really friendly. It was a very home feeling hostel(:

I had a great time. Antea was really friendly, showed me around and made sure everyone was comfortable and happy (if you're lucky enough then she cooks really well too!). Definitely returning next time I'm in Split :)

• 29th Mar 2015

really enjoyed my stay here! great location with an awesome view, homely vibe and lovely staff. Definitely recommend! :)

• 25th Mar 2015

I had the best time here in Split!!! Such a great atmosphere...couldnt find a complaint if I tried.

Everything was perfect!!

Great spot. Antea runs a great hostel and takes care of her guests completely. Everything is clean and done well. The beds are very comfortable and spacious. The hostel is basically an apartment with shared rooms. This made it feel like home for me. It is in a great location, just up a hill and top floor in building, but a bit difficult to find at first. Once you do, you are golden. Everything is within walking distance. Would highly recommend staying here.

Had a great time staying here with Antea! The rooms were all very clean and the balcony view was beautiful. Antea was very helpful and introduced us to her friends in town. This hostel definitely has more of a family feel than a hotel. Very good for solo travelers and Split is a great city to visit.

• 27th Feb 2015

trying to find a better view! trying to find a more comfortable bed! trying to find a staff better than Antea! Backpackers and Fairytale is a beautiful hostel in the center of Split. I stay there for few days Antea, the owner, is a very great girl and she was helping me for visit Split and for discover all the beautiful places around it. There's a great friendly atmosphere and in the common room you can meet people from all over the world. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Wifi!!

• 20th Jan 2015