Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Good view, probably the best place to stay in Split. Owner is very helpful with everything. Would be happy to stay there again!

I had a really great time in the hostel! The staff was wonderful and incredible helpful at all times,provding me with all the information I needed. They even put me in contact with people who arranged daily trips like kayaking, biking tours and late evenings with dinner. The location of the hostel is great, barely 5 min walk from the heart of the city. The facilities were in good shape and I really liked that the bathrooms were clean.Thanks for a great time and to the great people working there!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Norway

Antea is very nice, well spoken and she will definitely give you lots of tips and advices regarding stuff you can do in the area. Her hostel should definitely be a place to go to!!! :)

Cool young staff, good common areas. very limited kitchen. Location is just minutes walk from everything. staff let me leave my bag at the hostel whilst I partied in Hvar, not in a secure area. 6 flights of stairs with luggage was brutal.

Really nice, friendly hostel. Nice social areas with an awesome balcony overlooking the city! Small kitchen, handy for preparing basic meals. Ryan that worked there took us out for a meal and night out with workers and guests from other hostels which was a great way to meet people. Good location, 5/10 mins walk from old town.

Lovely friendly people. Very welcoming and always willing to help you out. Good wifi reception, and fantastic view from the top floor of the building where the hostel is situated over the harbour.

• 14th Sep 2014

wish the bunk beds are more sturdy not wobbly.

Backpackers Fairytale is based in an excellent central location of Split, Croatia. The Hostel itself looks over the Palace District as well as the coast. Inside the hostel you will find a colourful, fresh and clean environment full of friendly people to socialise with. I felt welcome and comfortable from the beginning and the common area was a great place to meet people. The time I spent there was a pleasure and I hope to return to Split again and to see everyone again at the BF hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014

Score would have been higher, but I think I got the worst bed in the hostel. It's a top bunk above which the A/C is mounted. If the dorm feels warm and the A/C gets turned on, only you will get blasted with cold air and would make for a very uncomfortable sleep. Since the A/C is plugged there too, you get no power outlet by your bunk -- nearest one would be behind a locker down by someone's bunk. Hostel should realize that the room layout should be fixed.

The location is perfect and your given a map on arrival with staff tips on where to eat, sunbathe and party which is very helpful. The atmosphere is good and people friendly. Small downsides that most hostels have- not enough showers or toilets, there is no lock on one toilet and the wifi doesn't work in the room (double, it may be different in the dorms.) All in all it's worth it for location and staff, just don't expect too much

Staff were friendly and helpful. Washrooms and common areas weren't always the cleanest, but still a good place to stay.

Had a wonderful stay here, the staff are lovely and helpful, atmosphere was great and I met lots of awesome people. Another bathroom wouldn't hurt and a slightly bigger kitchen but these are very minor complaints and I would definitely stay again.

Backpackers Fairytale takes up a whole apartment at the top of a 6-story block, only a short walk from the station that goes through the markets. The view from the top is beautiful, and you can sit and chill on the balcony looking out over Split and the Marjan hill. Staff were friendly and helpful with restaurant locations and places to visit. There hostel has big living room (and comfy sofas) that got everyone talking, and one night pretty much the whole hostel ended up going out together.

The staff are very personable, very friendly, answered all of our questions. We felt at home. Gave us great recommendations for food, beaches, places to see. Accommodations were nice. Very sincere. Better directions to how to find the hostel. There is no sign outside indicating the name of the hostel.

Excellent staff, great facilities and a good atmosphere. Totally enjoyed my stay in Split. A great hostel to meet other backpackers. Slightly expensive but I had fun there so it didn't really matter!

The hostel is hard to find, plus you have to walk up 5 flights of stairs. But, of course, it won't matter if you're under 50. Location is rather good and the atmosphere if great. I would recommend this hostel.

We booked this hostel, because it was stated that they had a parking area, but there wasn't. It was very difficult to find a space for the car in the tight and busy streets, in front of the house was an expensive carpark. The hostel was dirty, loud, the furnishing loveless. Just an appartment converted into a "money machine" with high rates. We couldn't figure out anything, which deserved the name "fairytale" - the roof terrace was not even useable, there were no reading lights and no sockets.

Nice clean friendly hostel. Would stay here again. Bit of a walk but nothing much.

Well located hostel. The room was ok. Negativet: Just one shower and lack of cleanliness on it.

Really nice hostel with excellent staff. We enjoyed our stay in split and was given great advice for places to eat and go. Our one niggle was that there were only two bathrooms which did mean a wait at peak times but given that you cannot really do anything about that it is a small complaint.

« first « Prev 1 2 3