Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Good location between the bus station and the old town. the rooms are small and get crowed really fast! no room to put your backpacks, they will take all the place in the rooms.

I had so much luggage when I arrived and there was a fleet of stairs that I had to go up. However, when I arrived I saw the most handsome Croatian man whose name is the one and only Josip! That made me forget about the atrocious stairs. Anett is lovely as well! She shared some of her amazing peso pasta with me when I was sick. And I can't forget Ricchie, my Scottish friend who taught me his milk and tea recipe. Basically, I have to come back because Josip owes me amazing Turkish coffee! HAHA =)

Staff were very friendly, hostel was clean and lockers were provided. Location was very good and atmosphere was nice and relaxed. Would recommend to anyone to stay here!

The staff at this hostel were really nice but the hostel overall was average. There weren't that many bathrooms so I did have to wait to shower and be warned it's the top flat with no lift to get up, so be prepared to lug your suitcase up.

Beautiful hostel in a beautiful location staffed with the best locals who are eager to share their city with you! Very conducive for meeting other travelers in a relaxed casual atmosphere. By far the best hostel we stayed in on our trip across Europe!

The location isn't great. And had to walk 9 stairs!!! There is no common room and as a solo traveler I missed that. The rooms were clean and staff was really helpful.

Location was great, staff was welcoming and helpful. Rooms were quite tight and bathroom was always busy.

Staff were awesome very helpful. there was enough space to mix with other groups while here.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Wales

Backpackers Fairytale is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The fact that it is small and is all on one level with one shared common area allows everyone to get to know each other and creates a good homely atmosphere. I was travelling solo and never felt alone here. The staff were amazing with their humour and wealth of knowledge. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Always a pleasure to stay at This hostel. It's very clean, has a great common room and well equipped kitchen and the staff are always very welcoming, informative and interesting to talk to. Best thing is just sitting and chilling on the balcony over looking the rooftops and beyond. Great in the morning. Awe inspiring at sunset. Oh, didn't I forget to mention the wonderful showers. I love this hostel.

Had a great time at Backpacker's Fairytale! Richie greeted us as soon as we arrived, made us feel very welcome and was a great source of info throughout our stay. The whole place has a brilliant atmosphere - most of the hostel went on nights out together while we were there. The place was very clean and safe, in an excellent location and very accommodating when we needed to leave our bags on our last day before check out. Would recommend a stay here! 5*

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Incredibly difficult to find using the instructions. We got incredibly lost. Ended up just looking at the map and getting there ourselves. Even more difficult to find the building. No signage at all. Lots of stairs to climb with luggage! But wonderful staff.

Nice facilities. Front door of building not locked which could turn some people off but on the top floor so not much risk. In an office building, so not much going around in the immediate area, but it is a short walk from old town bars, restaurants, clubs. Staff was friendly, quick to give awesome recommendations and help with trip planning.

Apart from the kitchen needing some more cutlery, this hostel is great. The stuff is very helpful, the location is perfect and the atmosphere was great during my stay.

1 2 Next » last »