Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Awesome hostel, great view. Antea is sooo nice and welcoming. It feels like coming home. Everything was nice and clean and the livingroom is a cozy and great place to meet people.

Awesome hostel, staff is helpful and great! The view of the city is SO pretty. If I'm ever in split I'm staying there.

• 30th Jun 2014

This was an absolutely awesome hostel. I only stayed two nights but I wish I had been able to stay more. The staff here are more kind, welcoming, and hospitable than anywhere else I've stayed. The hostel itself is a great space - a very nice, relaxing place to hang out - very clean rooms, nice common rooms, nice kitchen space, and an awesome balcony with a great view of the city. It really feels like home here. Will definitely come back!

• 29th Jun 2014

Epic hostel, close to centre, bus, and ferry terminals. Social atmosphere and Ryan (the guy running it while I was there) was super friendly and helpful.

Don't stay there!! Very unclean, few bathrooms and filthies. The sheets were not replaced. The place is really hard to find and situated in the 5th floor of a building with no elevator.

Great hostel in a prime location. Really social atmosphere and the staff (Ryan and Anna) were awesome!! Highly recommend giving this place a go!!

The hostel is located on the fifth floor of an apartment building, about five minutes walk from Diocletian's Palace. One has to climb a few steps to get to the hostel but it's worth it. The staff were super friendly, and even kept some clothes for me which I left there by accident. There is a great common room and balcony with a cool view over the older parts of Split. All the rooms have air-conditioning as well, which is great in summer. Personal lockers are also included. I would recommend it!

This place is amazing!!! It is the best hostel I've ever stayed in!! It had such a homely feel about it and the best atmosphere which was mainly due to the staff!! I was only meant to stay 4 days but loved it so much I booked an extra week!! Definitely recommend to everyone!! Will definitely be going back one day!!

• 7th Jun 2014

Great hostel mainly because of the staff and the location. Antea is incredibly friendly and Ryan will show you about the town and show you all of the places to go. The hostel has a great view from the balcony, a kitchen and a common room. Ended up staying an extra night or too because of the Rykeia and the atmosphere was really friendly.

Excellent hostel with very friendly staff who make sure you feel welcome and have a great time. Definitely recommend!

The staff is really nice, helpful and cool ! And the place is lovely

This hostel is easy to find from the ferry port/bus station etc - only a 10 minute walk max. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Both the dorms and common room area were kept clean throughout our stay and rooms all have air con! there are only two bathrooms with showers and toilet but this didn't seem to be a problem. Overall, we were very happy with our stay here - one of the best hostels we stayed in throughout our trip around Croatia.

• 4th Jun 2014

Simply the best place to be in Split... Nice and colourful hostel on the roof top in the town center! The owner Antea is taking care for everything, always funny and helpful. Only a few steps from the Diokletian-Palace, Green Market etc. You can decide to visit the beach to the left passing the harbor or to the right (very nice lying in front of a parc. Definitely trying to come back soon. Thanks a lot! ;-)

Really felt like home. Probably most because it is an actual apartment that they turned into a hostel. The manager is a really friendly person. The hostel is in the last floor of the building. The bedroom i stayed and also the living room had a balcony with a great view of the city (big plus for the hostel). There were two bathrooms. Both had a shower and a toilet bowl. Really wide space and good furniture. It is minus than 10 minutes from the old city by foot.

They said that they had free parking and that's why we choose the Hostel. But when we arrived, the'parking'was in the street, as everyone else,and it was impossible to park near the Hostel. Staff friendly, and helped us a lot.

The most beautiful place in the whole Split, not only Split in Dalmatia, not only in Dalmatia best place in the whole Croatia! Antea najdraza splicanka!!!!!

• 29th May 2014
  • Montenegro

You know how much I love this hostel when you see a 100% rating! Despite the fatigue from traveling, fairytale still gave us a wonderful staying experience. The receptionist, who also happens to be the boss, was extremely helpful when we approached her for information about the city. The general cleanliness of the hostel (including toilet and rooms) is excellent! Large individual lockers allow you to keep your large luggage securely. Lcation is excellent, just 5mins walk from the old town!

Great hostel in a great part of the city. Antea was great, she was able to let me know where to go in the city and also if I had questions about Croatia she was able to answer all questions. Overall great experience, would recommend to anyone!

Great hostel. Very nice private room with cupboard space! it was very quiet when we were there so often we had the place to ourselves. There's a little balcony to enjoy the sunset and a small, but well equipped kitchen. The only slight hitch was walking up to the fifth floor with our heavy packs.

If that picture in the email is for your hostel change it, nothing says we're the same as everyone else as a bunch of people jumping. Only real comments i guess, maybe some tea and coffee for residents in the morning would be great, happy to pay a bit of extra Kuna for that. But yea staff friendly, helpful, willing to help, nice small common room and balcony so you can't not meet people

• 19th Apr 2014