Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

This is an awful hostel, I do not recommend this whatsoever. Took me forever to find it even tho they say just ask a local, they'll know. No one knew what I was talking about. And they didn't have a working telephone. You had to walk up 10 flights of stairs to the weirdest hostel layout which reminded me of an office building.. No option to take an elevator, the staff was rude, smallest kitchen and all in all not a place I would ever stay.

We were incredibly disappointed by the security in this hostel. The main door to the building was always unlocked, as was the door to the hostel and the room doors. The only secure thing was the locker you were given. Although we felt safe in Split, the lack of locked doors was not ideal. While it wasn't a bad hostel by any means, we expected more due to it's high rating and were quite let down.

Simple hostel but provides all the necessary amenities. The walk up 4 flights of stairs is bit rough, but once inside the hostel is well appointed and conveniently located.

We expected quite a lot of this hostel because of all the good reviews but we were pretty fast disappointed. The kitchen was a total mess andwas really dirty. Cooking was no fun at all. Besides, there weren't enough bathrooms and our room was quite small. Staff was nice but seemed a little bit hangover. Maybe we were just unlucky and normally the kitchen doesn't look like this, I don't know. Location was good though.

Stayed 3 nights! Great location, we could walk everywhere quickly and was nice not to be in the confusing central area. Met some nice people. Felt safe there however the doors was never locked, and the reception wasn't always around. The beds moved quite a bit if the person below was tossing and turning and would wake us up. Showers were hot, kitchen was good, staff was very welcoming. Would stay there again though.

Amazing. Love this hostel. Anthea is so kind and so helpful. She and Sam advised us on all sorts of things from the quietest beach to cliff diving spots to the best place to watch the sunset to the best bars. The atmosphere in the hostel is perfect. It's like living in uni halls but with more interesting people! The hostel is awkward to find and some people can't help but eat others food but I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. Loved it.

Had a phenomenal time at this hostel, wish we could have stayed in Split for longer. Anthea went so far out of her way to show us around- she took us to the best swimming/cliff jumping spots, taught us how to slack-line, and went out on the town with everyone during the evening. This hostel feels like a family- Sam, the Flying Dutchman, is an absolute beauty. Great location with an amazing balcony view, comfy beds, a full sized kitchen with oven (!). Will stay here again.

While I've heard others who liked this place, it is impossible to find, and they overbooked so there was someone sleeping on a couch and nowhere for me so they had to find me a new hostel. Kind of defeats the purpose of booking ahead.

The loveliest hostel I stayed in on my 7 weeks of travel! I went back for a second stay it as that good! I made friends there that I continue catch up with in other countries. The people there (staff and guests) became my family!

Very well located, amazing staff, confortable beds, great view from the city and nice atmosphere where you can meet other ttavellers. Might consider improing wifi in the 8 bed dorm and putting more power plugs in the room.

Fantastic location just minutes from old town and the green market. anthea is an amazing host and the facilities are great. separate male and female bathroom, free towels, big living room to meet people and hang out and a functional kitchen. it is on the fourth floor but don't let that deter you! well worth it. Note though that rooms did not lock and front door seemed to usually be unlocked. lockers in the rooms though.

Nice social vibe in this little hostel as well as great views over split as it's on the top (5th?) floor of the building. Facilities are all there are pretty clean and it's only a few mins walk the the old town in Split.

An exceptional hostel.. with an awesome view of the city and harbour. There's a large common room with a balcony, and free wifi. Showers are clean and there's plenty of hot water. Beds are comfy, and Antea makes a huge effort to make your stay enjoyable. Overall a great place to stay. Highly recommended... and I will stay here again for sure!

Awesome place!, It is 10 minuts from the market and the city center. Loved the friendly environment. Beautiful view of the sunset and sunrise from the balcony, nice warm shower, clean towels and clean sheets. The common area is very welcoming, it has its own stereo and computer, DVDs, A/C and heater. We want to thank Atenea for all your help, over all with my friend while he was sick, thank you for the soup, you are like a mother.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Great Location. Just a stone away from city center.

Great hostel. The staff are amazing and the location is great.

The hostel was located in a building and you cannot see the sign at night. But overall the staff was awesome and they were really friendly. It was a very home feeling hostel(:

I had a great time. Antea was really friendly, showed me around and made sure everyone was comfortable and happy (if you're lucky enough then she cooks really well too!). Definitely returning next time I'm in Split :)

• 29th Mar 2015

really enjoyed my stay here! great location with an awesome view, homely vibe and lovely staff. Definitely recommend! :)

I had the best time here in Split!!! Such a great atmosphere...couldnt find a complaint if I tried.