Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

The best hostel I've stayed at throughout my two month backpacking trip. So thankful I found this place! Super clean, and the staff treats you like family. We even just dropped by without a reservation and they were more than pleased to have us back. Wonderful atmosphere and people. Highly recommended !! Oh and the showers are always hot.

• 8th Apr 2014

The overall atmosphere is calm and casual which is really great. There is a nice kitchen to cook in and sunny balconies with sea views to chill on. There are only 2 showers for the entire 18 beds, however, and in busy season showering must be a real mission. Sometimes I wonder if the staff aren't a bit too casual; often no one is even there.

• 5th Apr 2014

this hostel was a very good choice to stay, i even made some new friends. great location, friendly staff!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

It's amazing hostel with great staff and most beautiful view i ever have.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Montenegro

If you are looking for a hostel in Split, dont worry you already find it! I had an awesome day in Split! The location was great (You can walk everywhere), the owner was helpful, friendly, and good security in the dorms. I will go back soon!!!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

I had a fantastic stay here! Antea, the owner, was such a lovely girl, very accomodating and willing to help direct me to the bes sights of the ciy. The place was spotless and, althouh that might have been owin to the fact that there were only a couple of people staying there, antea cleaned quite a lot while I was there. The view from my window was lovely, and I just felt extremely welcome the whole time. Would definately stay here again.

• 15th Jan 2014

We were a group of seven foreign students and it was very cool ! the youth hostel is well located, perfect for travellers !

Very good hostel close to the city center, has evth. a hostel needs, esp. common room and balcony are very cosy. Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms and beds clean and comfortable. Only drawbacks: Its on the 4th floor. There are many stairs to step and there were only few guests. Maybe because they are a bit more expensive than others. But I think its worth it.

Second stay here. Different staff to the previous year, but still helpful and cleaned the place well. Met great people here again and had a great visit, only disappointment was the record machine was broken :(

No one really locked up around here, but you really didn't need to. There were lockers (with key) in the room, so handy for when you are at the beach all day. The staff are amazing, really helpful, knowledgable, and excited to share neat spots to check out. Only downside is lack of breakfast, but they have a good little kitchen so you can fix something up yourself. They spend the whole day cleaning and it shows. Bathrooms are big and spacious with a good shower. Would absolutely recommend.

The friendly staff was keen to make everyone feel alright. Also, the rooms were comfy and had A/C, and the common rooms including the balcony are absolutely stunning.

There was serious construction on the neighboring building from early in the morning till the evening which made it difficult to enjoy the hostel and chill.

Great stay, friendly staff, comfy bed, jsut outside the old town making it quiet but still close to all the action. I had a great stay here.

Very comfortable beds!!! and covers which is the nicest thing when travelling. Beautiful views from the balcony and found it really easy to get chatting to people. They don't mention its on the 6th floor so a few steps to climb which you get used to.

Nice hostel! Very cosy, felt like i was back at home!

Really good hostel very close to the old town. A nice common area, kitchen and balcony. I'm trying to find ways to fault it but it's very good!! Perfect for a couple looking for a private room or for groups.

I was unfortunately very ill while at this hostel. However, the girl that worked there was like a mum away from home, tending to my every need, done some shopping for me and prepared some food! All the staff were really friendly, tentative and made me feel right at home. Would definitely stay again!

Brilliant hostel. Couldn't recommend it enough. Our hostel mum, Ana, was lovely and took us to McDonalds and organised a taxi to the airport for us. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Great hostel.

The staff were awesome and the beds were super comfy. Really good wifi too!! I stayed here again because I liked it so much. Definitely recommend this hostel!

A huge thank you to every member of staff at the hostel for making a much an effort to make me feeling welcomed and being happy to help with any request I had. I can't stress enough what an amazing team of people they our.

• 28th Aug 2013