Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Score would have been higher, but I think I got the worst bed in the hostel. It's a top bunk above which the A/C is mounted. If the dorm feels warm and the A/C gets turned on, only you will get blasted with cold air and would make for a very uncomfortable sleep. Since the A/C is plugged there too, you get no power outlet by your bunk -- nearest one would be behind a locker down by someone's bunk. Hostel should realize that the room layout should be fixed.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Philippines

The location is perfect and your given a map on arrival with staff tips on where to eat, sunbathe and party which is very helpful. The atmosphere is good and people friendly. Small downsides that most hostels have- not enough showers or toilets, there is no lock on one toilet and the wifi doesn't work in the room (double, it may be different in the dorms.) All in all it's worth it for location and staff, just don't expect too much

• 2nd Sep 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful. Washrooms and common areas weren't always the cleanest, but still a good place to stay.

Had a wonderful stay here, the staff are lovely and helpful, atmosphere was great and I met lots of awesome people. Another bathroom wouldn't hurt and a slightly bigger kitchen but these are very minor complaints and I would definitely stay again.

Backpackers Fairytale takes up a whole apartment at the top of a 6-story block, only a short walk from the station that goes through the markets. The view from the top is beautiful, and you can sit and chill on the balcony looking out over Split and the Marjan hill. Staff were friendly and helpful with restaurant locations and places to visit. There hostel has big living room (and comfy sofas) that got everyone talking, and one night pretty much the whole hostel ended up going out together.

The staff are very personable, very friendly, answered all of our questions. We felt at home. Gave us great recommendations for food, beaches, places to see. Accommodations were nice. Very sincere. Better directions to how to find the hostel. There is no sign outside indicating the name of the hostel.

Excellent staff, great facilities and a good atmosphere. Totally enjoyed my stay in Split. A great hostel to meet other backpackers. Slightly expensive but I had fun there so it didn't really matter!

The hostel is hard to find, plus you have to walk up 5 flights of stairs. But, of course, it won't matter if you're under 50. Location is rather good and the atmosphere if great. I would recommend this hostel.

We booked this hostel, because it was stated that they had a parking area, but there wasn't. It was very difficult to find a space for the car in the tight and busy streets, in front of the house was an expensive carpark. The hostel was dirty, loud, the furnishing loveless. Just an appartment converted into a "money machine" with high rates. We couldn't figure out anything, which deserved the name "fairytale" - the roof terrace was not even useable, there were no reading lights and no sockets.

Nice clean friendly hostel. Would stay here again. Bit of a walk but nothing much.

Well located hostel. The room was ok. Negativet: Just one shower and lack of cleanliness on it.

Really nice hostel with excellent staff. We enjoyed our stay in split and was given great advice for places to eat and go. Our one niggle was that there were only two bathrooms which did mean a wait at peak times but given that you cannot really do anything about that it is a small complaint.

A truly great hostel experience. Amongst the best I have stayed in. Highly recommend booking this one in advance to avoid disappointment.

• 6th Aug 2014

Second visit here. Super friendly staff. Very close to old town. Really nice lounge/communal area. Great balcony space to chill and watch sunset. Recommended.

One of the dirtiest hostels I've ever stayed in. Garbage was overflowing in all the bathrooms, bathrooms weren't clean, kitchen was absolutely disgusting etc. The one guy working there really didn't seem to care. Was way overpriced for it's facilities.

Antea went above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfortable, good social atmosphere. Would come back

A really great hostel, the only thing was that we had to walk a long way with our bags.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The best thing about this hostel was its homeliness. I had 2 nice evenings on the balcony, listening to music and hanging in the common area. Its colorful and comfortable and the kitchen is well equipped. It was at times dirty but I would say thats a problem with the guests not the hostel. The receptionist was sometimes hard to locate which was stressful if in a rush but in general I liked the relaxed atmosphere. Cons: it was small, so didnt seem to have many other lone travellers

Lovely staff, very clean, great people.

At the reception and the common areas/kitchen there was a strong smell of vommit still lingering the next day when we left. This of course affected the atmosphere of the place, and we decided not to stay for long. Other than that the place was ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7