Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Really friendly hostel, very welcoming, nice chilled atmosphere and great views over city from the balcony.

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel was perfect. From the people to the location to the space itself, I can't imagine a better experience.

Wonderful hostel with an amazing community! (staff and guests included) Nevermind the climb to the 5th floor for the hostel! It'll all be worth it once you reach! Except maybe the fact they only have 2 showers, other than that, all is good if you skip the peak hours.

Backpackers Fairytale is a hostel with a great atmosphere. Relaxed vibes and good company, the staff is great, and the location is excellent.

Very hard to find as there is no signs but once you do it is definitely worth it Amazing hostel with such a laid back and friendly vibe. The bathrooms were cleaned daily and the beds were very comfortable. Everyone makes you feel like a little family.

Recently stayed (and extended my stay) with Backpackers Fairytale. A lovely hostel with friendly staff who were more than happy to recommend things to do, places to go, and the best way to get off the tourist trail. There's a nice mix between backpackers and holiday makers, a really nice friendly atmosphere around the hostel. The location is great, everything is within easy walking distance. Couldn't recommend staying here enough, Backpackers Fairytale really made my stay in Split. THANK YOU!

I stayed at Fairytale with 4 friends for 4 nights. Originally only booked 2 nights but extended to 4 after the first night, as all 5 of us loved it. The staff were so welcoming and friendly! As soon as we arrived we were given tips on where to go out to eat/drink and the best day trips to other islands. Its a smallish hostel, so you get to know the staff and other guests really well, which is great! Have already spread the word and recommended to friends heading to Split in the near future.

• 11th Jun 2015

Great place! Close to center and still with a beautiful view of the sea and the old town. Relaxed atmosphere, Secure and a Nice homely feel to it. Highly recommendable!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I really enjoyed my stay at the fairytail! Perfect place to relax and charge the batteries, it's very homely and has a more intimate vibe compared to big chain hostels. Staff are super cool, and the view of the city and sea from the balcony is better than most hotels I've stayed in. Cheers for the good times, Looking forward to coming back here next year! Higgins....

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Antea and the other members of staff make you feel really welcome and seems to attract friendly, open minded guests. Great facilities and location and perfect balcony with a view over the old town. Couldn't recommend it enough.

This is an awful hostel, I do not recommend this whatsoever. Took me forever to find it even tho they say just ask a local, they'll know. No one knew what I was talking about. And they didn't have a working telephone. You had to walk up 10 flights of stairs to the weirdest hostel layout which reminded me of an office building.. No option to take an elevator, the staff was rude, smallest kitchen and all in all not a place I would ever stay.

We were incredibly disappointed by the security in this hostel. The main door to the building was always unlocked, as was the door to the hostel and the room doors. The only secure thing was the locker you were given. Although we felt safe in Split, the lack of locked doors was not ideal. While it wasn't a bad hostel by any means, we expected more due to it's high rating and were quite let down.

Simple hostel but provides all the necessary amenities. The walk up 4 flights of stairs is bit rough, but once inside the hostel is well appointed and conveniently located.

We expected quite a lot of this hostel because of all the good reviews but we were pretty fast disappointed. The kitchen was a total mess andwas really dirty. Cooking was no fun at all. Besides, there weren't enough bathrooms and our room was quite small. Staff was nice but seemed a little bit hangover. Maybe we were just unlucky and normally the kitchen doesn't look like this, I don't know. Location was good though.

Stayed 3 nights! Great location, we could walk everywhere quickly and was nice not to be in the confusing central area. Met some nice people. Felt safe there however the doors was never locked, and the reception wasn't always around. The beds moved quite a bit if the person below was tossing and turning and would wake us up. Showers were hot, kitchen was good, staff was very welcoming. Would stay there again though.

Amazing. Love this hostel. Anthea is so kind and so helpful. She and Sam advised us on all sorts of things from the quietest beach to cliff diving spots to the best place to watch the sunset to the best bars. The atmosphere in the hostel is perfect. It's like living in uni halls but with more interesting people! The hostel is awkward to find and some people can't help but eat others food but I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. Loved it.

Had a phenomenal time at this hostel, wish we could have stayed in Split for longer. Anthea went so far out of her way to show us around- she took us to the best swimming/cliff jumping spots, taught us how to slack-line, and went out on the town with everyone during the evening. This hostel feels like a family- Sam, the Flying Dutchman, is an absolute beauty. Great location with an amazing balcony view, comfy beds, a full sized kitchen with oven (!). Will stay here again.

While I've heard others who liked this place, it is impossible to find, and they overbooked so there was someone sleeping on a couch and nowhere for me so they had to find me a new hostel. Kind of defeats the purpose of booking ahead.

The loveliest hostel I stayed in on my 7 weeks of travel! I went back for a second stay it as that good! I made friends there that I continue catch up with in other countries. The people there (staff and guests) became my family!

Very well located, amazing staff, confortable beds, great view from the city and nice atmosphere where you can meet other ttavellers. Might consider improing wifi in the 8 bed dorm and putting more power plugs in the room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7