Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

An exceptional hostel.. with an awesome view of the city and harbour. There's a large common room with a balcony, and free wifi. Showers are clean and there's plenty of hot water. Beds are comfy, and Antea makes a huge effort to make your stay enjoyable. Overall a great place to stay. Highly recommended... and I will stay here again for sure!

Awesome place!, It is 10 minuts from the market and the city center. Loved the friendly environment. Beautiful view of the sunset and sunrise from the balcony, nice warm shower, clean towels and clean sheets. The common area is very welcoming, it has its own stereo and computer, DVDs, A/C and heater. We want to thank Atenea for all your help, over all with my friend while he was sick, thank you for the soup, you are like a mother.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Great Location. Just a stone away from city center.

Great hostel. The staff are amazing and the location is great.

The hostel was located in a building and you cannot see the sign at night. But overall the staff was awesome and they were really friendly. It was a very home feeling hostel(:

I had a great time. Antea was really friendly, showed me around and made sure everyone was comfortable and happy (if you're lucky enough then she cooks really well too!). Definitely returning next time I'm in Split :)

• 29th Mar 2015

really enjoyed my stay here! great location with an awesome view, homely vibe and lovely staff. Definitely recommend! :)

• 25th Mar 2015

I had the best time here in Split!!! Such a great atmosphere...couldnt find a complaint if I tried.

Everything was perfect!!

Great spot. Antea runs a great hostel and takes care of her guests completely. Everything is clean and done well. The beds are very comfortable and spacious. The hostel is basically an apartment with shared rooms. This made it feel like home for me. It is in a great location, just up a hill and top floor in building, but a bit difficult to find at first. Once you do, you are golden. Everything is within walking distance. Would highly recommend staying here.

Had a great time staying here with Antea! The rooms were all very clean and the balcony view was beautiful. Antea was very helpful and introduced us to her friends in town. This hostel definitely has more of a family feel than a hotel. Very good for solo travelers and Split is a great city to visit.

• 27th Feb 2015

trying to find a better view! trying to find a more comfortable bed! trying to find a staff better than Antea! Backpackers and Fairytale is a beautiful hostel in the center of Split. I stay there for few days Antea, the owner, is a very great girl and she was helping me for visit Split and for discover all the beautiful places around it. There's a great friendly atmosphere and in the common room you can meet people from all over the world. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Wifi!!

• 20th Jan 2015

Good view, probably the best place to stay in Split. Owner is very helpful with everything. Would be happy to stay there again!

I had a really great time in the hostel! The staff was wonderful and incredible helpful at all times,provding me with all the information I needed. They even put me in contact with people who arranged daily trips like kayaking, biking tours and late evenings with dinner. The location of the hostel is great, barely 5 min walk from the heart of the city. The facilities were in good shape and I really liked that the bathrooms were clean.Thanks for a great time and to the great people working there!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Norway

Antea is very nice, well spoken and she will definitely give you lots of tips and advices regarding stuff you can do in the area. Her hostel should definitely be a place to go to!!! :)

Cool young staff, good common areas. very limited kitchen. Location is just minutes walk from everything. staff let me leave my bag at the hostel whilst I partied in Hvar, not in a secure area. 6 flights of stairs with luggage was brutal.

Really nice, friendly hostel. Nice social areas with an awesome balcony overlooking the city! Small kitchen, handy for preparing basic meals. Ryan that worked there took us out for a meal and night out with workers and guests from other hostels which was a great way to meet people. Good location, 5/10 mins walk from old town.

Lovely friendly people. Very welcoming and always willing to help you out. Good wifi reception, and fantastic view from the top floor of the building where the hostel is situated over the harbour.

• 14th Sep 2014

wish the bunk beds are more sturdy not wobbly.

Backpackers Fairytale is based in an excellent central location of Split, Croatia. The Hostel itself looks over the Palace District as well as the coast. Inside the hostel you will find a colourful, fresh and clean environment full of friendly people to socialise with. I felt welcome and comfortable from the beginning and the common area was a great place to meet people. The time I spent there was a pleasure and I hope to return to Split again and to see everyone again at the BF hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014