Backpackers Fairytale Reviews

Istarska 3, Split, Croatia

Lived the vibe and the people but the common areas were very dirty.

Great location, great atmosphere, and great service. Close walk into the heart of Split. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Split.

We had a great stay and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel. The owner and the staff were really receptive, fun and open to helping in any way they could. Good facilities too. Beware it might not be easy to find (it's on a normal building, on the top floor, we were kind of lucky to identify it). Would definitely be back

The staff is wonderful. I was taken care of above and beyond any other experience I've had. I will return to Backpackers Fairytale when visiting Split!

Antea, the onwer, is great and helps with everything!! Nice balcony for chilling. Safe, clean, full kitchen, more than enough bathrooms, toilets. It is on the 5th floor of a building but it is much closer the other options in split, and that also offer the benefits of a great view. I found the price cheaper than most other options in the same city. Only thing it is a very small hostel, which is great if people staying are nice, but it might be bad if you are unlucky.

Nice hostel in a really good location. Staff were really friendly and accommodating even when we really annoyingly turned up at 6am on the first day.

Only stayed for one night but enjoyed my time there. The view from the balcony over Split is fantastic. The common room was spacious. It is more like an apartment than a hostel. Air conditioning in the room was great. Could probably do with a hostel sign at the front entrance as it can be an easy to miss the entrance. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to other travellers.

Staff were absolutely lovely. Ryan chatted to us and gave us information on where to go for cliff diving etc. The stairs up to the hostel can be a little dark at night, as the lights were not switched on when we were there so watch your step! Felt very at home and welcomed. Thanks for having us!

Although it was a bit difficult finding it was well worth staying there! The staff was very welcoming and told us about the city, the balcony had a nice view and our room had AC which was great.

I've stayed in upwards of 25 hostels and this was by far my best experience. The environment is more like someone invited you into their home to stay for a few days. Not to say you can't party or anything. There are always people willing to go out and the staff especially is willing to make these trips with you (free of charge, no expensive pub crawls here just fun). I also felt like the staff new the city and wanted to know you! An amazing stay, truly! Also clean and cheap

• 1st Jul 2014

Awesome hostel, great view. Antea is sooo nice and welcoming. It feels like coming home. Everything was nice and clean and the livingroom is a cozy and great place to meet people.

Awesome hostel, staff is helpful and great! The view of the city is SO pretty. If I'm ever in split I'm staying there.

• 30th Jun 2014

This was an absolutely awesome hostel. I only stayed two nights but I wish I had been able to stay more. The staff here are more kind, welcoming, and hospitable than anywhere else I've stayed. The hostel itself is a great space - a very nice, relaxing place to hang out - very clean rooms, nice common rooms, nice kitchen space, and an awesome balcony with a great view of the city. It really feels like home here. Will definitely come back!

• 29th Jun 2014

Epic hostel, close to centre, bus, and ferry terminals. Social atmosphere and Ryan (the guy running it while I was there) was super friendly and helpful.

Don't stay there!! Very unclean, few bathrooms and filthies. The sheets were not replaced. The place is really hard to find and situated in the 5th floor of a building with no elevator.

Great hostel in a prime location. Really social atmosphere and the staff (Ryan and Anna) were awesome!! Highly recommend giving this place a go!!

The hostel is located on the fifth floor of an apartment building, about five minutes walk from Diocletian's Palace. One has to climb a few steps to get to the hostel but it's worth it. The staff were super friendly, and even kept some clothes for me which I left there by accident. There is a great common room and balcony with a cool view over the older parts of Split. All the rooms have air-conditioning as well, which is great in summer. Personal lockers are also included. I would recommend it!

This place is amazing!!! It is the best hostel I've ever stayed in!! It had such a homely feel about it and the best atmosphere which was mainly due to the staff!! I was only meant to stay 4 days but loved it so much I booked an extra week!! Definitely recommend to everyone!! Will definitely be going back one day!!

• 7th Jun 2014

Great hostel mainly because of the staff and the location. Antea is incredibly friendly and Ryan will show you about the town and show you all of the places to go. The hostel has a great view from the balcony, a kitchen and a common room. Ended up staying an extra night or too because of the Rykeia and the atmosphere was really friendly.

Excellent hostel with very friendly staff who make sure you feel welcome and have a great time. Definitely recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7