Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

1954 Total Reviews

The location was in a safe area close to the cliffs of Mira Flores. The hosts Petter and Juan were extremely helpful. They gave great recommendations on what to see and where to eat. They also went above and beyond with helping communicate with Machu Picchu ticket reservations. They both spoke great English. Also assisted in arranging transportation to and from the airport.

• 31st Dec 2014

Stayed here for one night. The staff were excellent and very accommodating. Breakfast was fresh, showers hot and bedrooms clean. Would recommend if wanting to a basic and cheap stay in the Miralflores area.

• 30th Dec 2014

Staff is nice and helpful, our room (twin single private) however was quite expensive for what it offers. The room is small, the matrasses were very thin, it was hot and humid in the room and the lighting was generally poor.

We loved our stay at the Backpacker Family House so much, that we reserved the room for the last night of our trip, when we will be returning to Lima the day before our flight home. We especially loved room #8, on the rooftop, with the terra cota roof and view to the ocean. Lovely patio downstairs to enjoy a light breakfast, read and relax. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, making recommendations and arranging a taxi to/from airport. Loved the short walk to park overlooking the ocean!

• 21st Dec 2014

I booked this hostel for 10 nights but ended up only staying for 3. The bathrooms were few and very dirty, and the showers had almost no hot water and terrible water pressure. One shower was permanently clogged. The building has a terrible echo so I could hear everything everyone was saying at all times and I picked a bad time to stay as there was a large group of noisy guests. No fault of the hostel but the bathrooms were enough for me to change my plans.

• 15th Dec 2014

When you stayed in the hostel you never mentioned that you felt uncomfortable or there was something bad, we could helped you...you just said that you leave because you have friends in Peru and you want to stay with them..next time please be honest and we are very happy to resolve anything that seems bad.....we are the top hostel in Peru and I think that your comment is completely unfair!

I stayed in Backpackers Family House for 6 nights all together. First 2 nights and then came back for 4 nights. Location is excellent (and safe to walk at night), you can walk to Kennedy park or Larcomar shopping center in apr. 15 min depending on how fast you walk. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and there was always hot water in the showers. Wi-fi worked well, during peak hours it could get a bit slow. Every worker I talked to was very helpful and nice, and gave me a lot of tips on what to do.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Finland

Breakfast basic, facilities average, not very clean, bit to loud for a family hostel

you already made 14 reviews in different hostels that you been stayed and all of them are bad and terrible... I know what kind of traveller are you...take it easy amigo, be happy if you are keep travelling you should be happy and enjoy your trip!

Enjoyed our stay, good choice for our budget.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic
  • Couple, 41+

would be nice to have some fruit for breakfast.

Family House is great! I felt comfortable there.Extremely good in terms of value:It's very safe and the staff was adorable, extremely helpful,the breakfast everyday,rooms are beatiful and clean, and they couldn't be better located. Is one block away from the Malecon, a beautiful park in Mirafores that overlooks the ocean,with a direct path to the beach.There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops nearby and best of all there was always a clean and hot shower.Definitely a good place to stay!

Really amazing experience with people from Family House and with the sister hostel Family Club, very kind and helpful people they are ready to help you in all your questions...nice and comfortable bed, fast wifi and deliciuos breakfast...I got also really good envinronment for party and meet travellers!

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff.

• 9th Nov 2014

Excellent place to stay and met new people from over the world. Cozy place with nice staff and all that you need for a comfortable stay, thank you guys!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Great experience they have all that we need to get a good stay...helpful ans smiling staff , good rooms and cleans and deliciuos breakfast with fresh avocado...there are some common areas to meet people and share experiences. Nice and safe eighboorhood just 2 blocks from the ocean..highly recommend!

Staff is really friendly, helps if needed and speaks english well. Location is really good! Next to the beach and a very quiet neighbourhood. The showers could be a little more clean. Overall, a very good hostel at a good price.

Really helpful staff, a great atmosphere, comfy beds, a kitchen to cook in and nice bread for breakfast.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great location! Dorm room was a bit noisy in the morning as breakfast was right outside the window but all facilities (bathrooms, kitchen, common areas) are clean and spacious.

A very nice, cozy, well run Hostel! Located in a very safe area, this hostel is a great place to start your trip in Peru, The staff is very nice, and very helpful. They had good advice to give me for my trip. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. The hot showers were working well The pickup service was there at the airport and brought me there safely. An overall good place to relax and enjoy Miraflores. If your looking for parties, you might want to try the Backpackers family club next door.

• 2nd Nov 2014

helpful staff and ever smiling, great atmosphere, good peruvian breakfast, then bed and pillow comfortable, 2 minutes walking you arrive at the beach, the bar ( it is in the other hostel just in front backpackers family club),the pisco sour there it is the best. highly recommend.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Not the worst hostel I've stayed at. Some beds were very uncomfortable with very hard pillows, and others were quite nice. The environment was homey, but people seems very secluded and did not want to interact.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4