Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

1985 Total Reviews

What a great place! close to the beach, super staff and nice atmosphere!!

• 25th Mar 2015

One of the members of staff at this hostel is second to none. Pedro is his name. I stayed in this hostel for one night as I had to fly to bogota the next day. When I arrived at the airport, much to my distress, I realised that I had left my iPhone in the hostel. From a pay phone in the airport, I rang pedro and he single handedly arranged a taxi to bring my Phone to the airport before my flight left. I offered him a tip at the end but he refused! Thanks do much pedro for your help!

Clean bathroom, comfy beds although room was really hot. Hot and powerful shower and really spacious bathroom! Breakfast was simple but nice juice!! Staff really nice and wifi decent although didn't always reach the room.

• 22nd Mar 2015

had a lovely staf here. really clean and the common areas were filled with Nice people. staff helped us to book tickets, nothing was to much for them.

New location. Nicer building. More WiFi friendly. Helpful staff. I would return

We thought the hostel would be closer to the action but it was a 20 minute walk from the main part of Miraflores. There was no fridge with water in it and the nearest grocery store was 20 minutes away. They offer airport pickup which is useful until you find out that it costs S/60. The noise really carries in this place so you can always hear the doorbell and every conversation not behind closed doors . That said - really nice staff (Christian), really comfy beds, clean and we felt really safe

When you stay in Miraflores yo have the options to stay in dowtown Miraflores that is very noise and commercial area or near the beach where we are, anyway you are only 10 minutes from dowtown.. and the closest grocerie store it is just 500 meters from the hostel, I didnt know how you can't see it.....next time please open your eyes and explore better...

Backpacker's hostel is excellent, with hot and powerful shower. It's near the sea, which I had a nice walk back from the mall along the sea back to hostel at night, very safe on my own. the neighborhood is convenient, within around 10 mins walk to the supermarket, house of money exchange, 15-20 mins walk to a bus station that brings you to the old part of Lima. The staff is super nice, my flight delayed and could not make it for the first night, and they managed to help me wave off the charge.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Maybe because it's our first stop in South America, i'm comparing with asia. Staf was helpfull, miraflores is nice.

• 9th Mar 2015

and then what is the bad thing?, because you scored us terrible

Nice staff.

This hostel was amazing. They arranged pick up from the airport in Lima, even though we got in at around 1:30 AM. They spoke English, and were extremely helpful with any questions we had. Eat at El Fogon, it's only a short walk, and their ceviche is incredible. Downtown miraflores is about a 20 minute walk, and there is so much to do there. We met so many great people at this hostel, and went out with them a few nights. It's a really fun place to have a few beers and meet new friends!

We stayed here with my girlfriend and a friend, the place is really good, clean and the staff is extremelly helpful. We stayed here again on our way back from Mancora. Would recommend.

• 17th Feb 2015

I was only here for one night as a quick stopover. The bed was comfy, room was clean, clean private bathroom (good shower pressure and hot water). The staff were helpful enough with finding places to eat nearby etc. Nothing fancy but definitely a pretty decent hostel for the price. Only issue I had was the daytime receptionist told me I could book a taxi with reception at 2am for the airport, but then the nighttime receptionist was not able to and so I had to walk out on the street and wait.

Staff is amazingly helpful. When I got sick the first night and asked to switch to a private room, they let me have the private room for two nights for the same price as a dorm.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and reliable and safe taxi service, the breakfast is excellent.!! Would recommend!!

• 24th Jan 2015

The location was in a safe area close to the cliffs of Mira Flores. The hosts Petter and Juan were extremely helpful. They gave great recommendations on what to see and where to eat. They also went above and beyond with helping communicate with Machu Picchu ticket reservations. They both spoke great English. Also assisted in arranging transportation to and from the airport.

• 31st Dec 2014

Stayed here for one night. The staff were excellent and very accommodating. Breakfast was fresh, showers hot and bedrooms clean. Would recommend if wanting to a basic and cheap stay in the Miralflores area.

• 30th Dec 2014

Staff is nice and helpful, our room (twin single private) however was quite expensive for what it offers. The room is small, the matrasses were very thin, it was hot and humid in the room and the lighting was generally poor.

We loved our stay at the Backpacker Family House so much, that we reserved the room for the last night of our trip, when we will be returning to Lima the day before our flight home. We especially loved room #8, on the rooftop, with the terra cota roof and view to the ocean. Lovely patio downstairs to enjoy a light breakfast, read and relax. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, making recommendations and arranging a taxi to/from airport. Loved the short walk to park overlooking the ocean!

• 21st Dec 2014

I booked this hostel for 10 nights but ended up only staying for 3. The bathrooms were few and very dirty, and the showers had almost no hot water and terrible water pressure. One shower was permanently clogged. The building has a terrible echo so I could hear everything everyone was saying at all times and I picked a bad time to stay as there was a large group of noisy guests. No fault of the hostel but the bathrooms were enough for me to change my plans.

• 15th Dec 2014

When you stayed in the hostel you never mentioned that you felt uncomfortable or there was something bad, we could helped you...you just said that you leave because you have friends in Peru and you want to stay with them..next time please be honest and we are very happy to resolve anything that seems bad.....we are the top hostel in Peru and I think that your comment is completely unfair!

I stayed in Backpackers Family House for 6 nights all together. First 2 nights and then came back for 4 nights. Location is excellent (and safe to walk at night), you can walk to Kennedy park or Larcomar shopping center in apr. 15 min depending on how fast you walk. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and there was always hot water in the showers. Wi-fi worked well, during peak hours it could get a bit slow. Every worker I talked to was very helpful and nice, and gave me a lot of tips on what to do.

• 6th Dec 2014