Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Pretty decent location in Lima close to the beach. The facilities are basic but kept clean. There are ample lockers available to lock up your belongings. Transport to/from the airport was very easy to arrange. Arranging taxis for sightseeing around Lima was also very easy to arrange at the front desk. The hostel is staffed 24/7 which allows you to come and go as you please. Also, if you have a red eye flight out of Lima, the hostel will allow you to use their facilities until your flight.

We had booked a double private, and when we were shown the room we couldn't believe our eyes or nose. The mold smell from the room was unbearable. In the upper corners of the room black mold was growing over one foot down the walls. We asked for a heater so that we could dry out the room, they found the heater but not a converter to plug it in the wall. In this search, it was found that there was no way to plug in anything, even the lamps that were in the room. We took the money hit and left.

• 1st Aug 2014

Transfer from the airport was much appreciated. Hostel is located within easy walking distance to bars and cafes.

Loved it! Very nice people. Beautiful and quite place.

• Portugal

After staying in hostels all over Peru for a month, the shower in the mixed dorm was probably the best shower I had. The water was hot and consistent and you get the whole bathroom to yourself. The hostel is also a relaxing environment. It is easy to meet people here because there is a common room with couches and a TV. Overall a nicer than average hostel.

• 29th Jul 2014

It was a super nice experience, even Lima is cold at this time, I felt very warm in Family House.. I got excellent service,the staffis veryhelpful all the time, good breakfast, hot showers and comfortable beds...The neighborhood is nice, two blocks from the beach...thumbs up!

• 29th Jul 2014

This is a really nice hostel close to the downtown, but not in all of the hustle and bustle. It has good free wifi and a nice movie collection. Our room felt very damp and smelled moldy, but this can be a problem in all of Lima since it's such a damp city. Breakfast includes avocado :)

Decent hostel. Great value.

Nice and cheap place in the heart of Miraflores. Hot water and very helpful staff. Thanks for the good time!

• 22nd Jul 2014

I felt really comfortable during my stay here. I was a woman traveling alone, felt very safe and looked after. All the staff was very attentive, made sure you knew the area before going out alone, gave you a map and explained the area. Answered questions and provided recommendations about where to go, what to see, how much you should pay. I had them arrange an airport pickup and was very satisfied. They were also very helpful in communicating with the airline about my lost luggage.

Ran out of hot water immediately, one shower did not drain properly. First man w spoke to who checked us in forgot to record that we paid, which made checkout a hassle. :-/

You didn't paybecause there's no any registration of it.... Maybe you thought that you paid because you just paid the 12 % deposit not the total of your booking... you didnt pay or maybe you know and you not wanted to pay... you attitude was all the time bad, you didnt filed any of the requierements that we asked before make a reservation in Family House

The only real problem I had with the place was the location. It was very hard to find as there is no sign outside of it. Other than that the staff were awesome and Hostel is very nice.

The hostel had a great location close to the park and ocean. What I did not like was the black mold on the db bedroom wall and ceiling. You could see it and smell it as soon as you walked in.

• 13th Jul 2014

Very good service and very good people working hard for the happinnes of the tourists!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Spain

There is a brand new hostel by the same owners, across the street. The rooms were larger and cleaner and the place was well designed. Both were good value.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Excellent stay!...nice atmosphere. helpful and kind staff, breakfast with delicious avocado and nice ocassion tomeet travelers and share experiences.Hot water and comfy beds,Thank you Pedro!

• 29th Jun 2014

Sweet place. I was only there for one night but there was a great vibe.

The atmosphere was really cool, very easy to make new friends and to know people from all over the world. When I stayed in the dorm, it was OK. But no hot shower in that bathroom, and only found it in the shared bathroom with the other rooms. In the private room, we had a problem with mold. It was really, really, bad! After trying other hostels in Peru, I don’t think it’s worth what it costs.

• 22nd Jun 2014

I only stayed two nights but overall really enjoyed my stay. The neighbourhood felt safe and was in a good location, with a short walk to restaurants, shops and the beach. Staff were helpful with navigating around the city and organising surfing lessons and taxis.

The room was very damp and had ants. The bed was bad. I was not physically comfortable during my stay there. Owner was very rude to us at checkout, was not amenable to several extra minutes to pack our things.

• 19th Jun 2014