Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

2004 Total Reviews

I had a great time here - the staff were super helpful and friendly and they really made me feel welcome for the first night of my trip around Peru. It seems to attract a pretty friendly bunch of travellers too - within a few hours of arriving I'd met some great people and we had an awesome day out in Lima. The bunk beds were a good size compared to others and the bathroom was big with constant hot water. Couldn't fault the place and would highly recommend it!

• 25th Apr 2015

A nice, average hostel to stay in. We found the guy on the front desk (forget his name!) to be unbelievable. He booked us a bus which they then delivered our tickets to the hostel, answered all our questions, gave great advice about where to go etc. Exactly what you want from a hostel receptionist and we were very grateful. Breakfast is your average bread, jam, tea and coffee and facilities were fine.

Friendly staff, 24 hour service. Location a few blocks from the ocean but not much else. Shared bathrooms were often out of toilet paper and floors were constantly wet from the shower. Breakfast was limited to rolls.

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in. Quiet, close to the beach, 15 min walk to Kennedy Park. Staff really nice and the bed are great. The Wifi work and they have hot water.

very very nice hostel, really gives you a familyfeeling! Its close to the beach, basic breakfast, includes towels and has a nice kitchen. Its not as big as the partyhostels in miraflores but since its not too big it makes it much easier to meet other people. Lovely place to stay at and comfortable beds!

A decent hostel option close to the ocean and about 15 minutes walking to Kennedy Park. Not much in the immediate area. The place is a bit hard to find even for taxis. The staff was friendly and there is a large common area. The room was average (matrimonial) and a little damp smelling. Included breakfast was standard coffee/tea and bread with butter/jam.

Excellent place to stay and meet trvellers, helpful people at front desk and comfortable beds. Super neighborhood!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I thought the location was fantastic, the hostel was clean and had good security. The lady on reception was brilliant at providing suggestions for where to get local cuisine and what traditional dishes to look out for. The proximity to the beach/esplanade area was great and I highly recommend heading there for sunset.

Nice cosy hostel, exactly what I needed for a night before my connecting flight back to the UK. Gia the receptionist however was a gem and extremely helpful!!

• 4th Apr 2015

Everything was good, the only blemish was a strong humidity smell in my room.

We had a very nice time in this Hostel which we found had a very easygoing atmosphere, was placed in a very safe neighborhood with lots to do around and finally but most important had a well informed and gentle staff.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Its was my 4th stay at BP's Family House. Its in a very quiet area but close to buses, shops, restaurants and walks along Malecon Cisneros. And if Cesar posts my boots to me which I left behind in my dorm I will give this hostel a Super Excellent rating!

Quite a quiet hostel but Lima is noisy if you know where to look so the hostel was a good place to relax after a night out. Close to the coast, a bit of a walk to Kennedy Park but it's a nice enough walk on a sunny day. Would recommend!

That's a really nice place to stay, friendly people, good breakfast, and the workers are really nice.

What a great place! close to the beach, super staff and nice atmosphere!!

• 25th Mar 2015

One of the members of staff at this hostel is second to none. Pedro is his name. I stayed in this hostel for one night as I had to fly to bogota the next day. When I arrived at the airport, much to my distress, I realised that I had left my iPhone in the hostel. From a pay phone in the airport, I rang pedro and he single handedly arranged a taxi to bring my Phone to the airport before my flight left. I offered him a tip at the end but he refused! Thanks do much pedro for your help!

Clean bathroom, comfy beds although room was really hot. Hot and powerful shower and really spacious bathroom! Breakfast was simple but nice juice!! Staff really nice and wifi decent although didn't always reach the room.

• 22nd Mar 2015

had a lovely staf here. really clean and the common areas were filled with Nice people. staff helped us to book tickets, nothing was to much for them.

The staff here make this hostel. Sincere thanks to all of them for connecting us with some cool recommendations.

New location. Nicer building. More WiFi friendly. Helpful staff. I would return