Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

2073 Total Reviews

Great place to stay in Lima. Staff are great and helpful. Rooms of good quality for $. Travel agent on site was also incredibly useful as we only had a couple of days before heading down the coast with what turned out to be a great "do it yourself" tour rather than a prepackaged one which we don't typically go for

• 17th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Excellent hostel, good location & staff and very clean. A little quiet (i.e. not a party hostel), but has good areas for socialising and is easy to meet people. In a very safe area, a couple of minutes walk from all the Miraflores action & the coastal path.

I enjoyed my last 2nights of my month long trip in my own room at Family House. By that time I was tired of sharing rooms. It was well worth it! When I arrived I got an intro to Lima, which was a nice change from the other hostels where they told me very little info about the surrounding area. Def recommend for anyone who wants to be away from the center of things but close enough to walk to it within 5-10 mins. It was calm & is perfect for anyone who prefers smaller more personable hostel.

Staff were really good. But an extremely dirty bathroom with cold water on a freezing cold night did not make for a good stay.

this is not truewe have 2 housekeepers all the time, cleaning upthe hostel and mainly the bathroomsthere's hot water in all the bathrooms ibside the house,maybe you didn't know how this works next time please asked before to make an unfair review

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Perks include wifi, lockers and breakfast. The shower in our room was spacious and the water was hot. The beach is about 3 minutes walk. Great backpacker hostel in a perfect location.

• 30th Jul 2015

Bit of a walk from the main part of Miraflores, but doable. Overall a nice place with good facilities and the staff was very helpful with helping us print tickets and use the phone when needed.

• 25th Jul 2015

I felt very comfortable here, everything is doing good,, all the people at from desk are really helpful, the hostel is clean and also I found the best bakery just 2 blocks from there...come here guys!

• 19th Jul 2015

Love this hostel..helpful and nice staff , clean and hoy showers and nice common áreas yo meet people.I will back in 2 weeks !

• 18th Jul 2015

Excellent stay, I was there with my boyfriend and both are agree that is one of the best hostels We've ever stayed before,,,clean bathrooms, great staff and nice neighborhood, ..thank you everyone to work there specially Rafa.

• 18th Jul 2015

Great staff. Thé problème was the noise. People keep ringing the bell and talking until midnight and the first groups were leaving at 4am, using toilets and shower. Very hard to sleep more than 4 hours

Very cold in evening and soooo noisy!!! Could only sleep from midnight till 4am

Clean, safe, and very accommodating. Met some friendly people there. Facilities are sparse but functional. Staff very helpful with suggestions in city. I'd recommend it!

10 mins walk to park Kennedy, nice hostel, shower water pressure can a little hit and miss

good location and price, friendly staff. would not return because hostel was dirty. there were white stains on the bed sheet and I couldn't believe there was no soap in the bathroom-- grossly unhygienic.

Nice hostel with the feeling of staying at a house. Friendly reception staff that gave good recommendations. As we had a private double room, there was good security, lockers were available and front door was opened by staff only. However, I did see room of dorm standing wide open without anyone being in the room. Location is good, very close to the beach.

Everything was very good.The location was excelent..

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Belgium

I have stayed at the Backpackers Family Hostel, as well as the Backpackers Family club right across the street - both being such great experiences. Pedro the owner took such good care of us, and most recently, really helped us out when we missed a flight in a time of need. His staff worked gave us accommodation at a busy time without reservation, and worked with us to ensure we could rebook our travels and get back on our way. Would recommend this hostel to everyone - very trustworthy and kind!

• 21st Jun 2015

Pick up from the airport was perfect, whish was very important since I was travelling with two teenagers 16 and 18 yrs old. Bar B Q on the roof was good. Location is great, it's an easy walk through the old part of town to the Presidential Palace and the San Francisco convent.

• 19th Jun 2015

Good location and friendly staff. The rooms could use a more ventilation as the dorm we were in was very damp and smelled like mildew -- likely from the attached washroom and the humidity of showering.

Good hostel, very quiet and a bit out of town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4