Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Ran out of hot water immediately, one shower did not drain properly. First man w spoke to who checked us in forgot to record that we paid, which made checkout a hassle. :-/

The only real problem I had with the place was the location. It was very hard to find as there is no sign outside of it. Other than that the staff were awesome and Hostel is very nice.

The hostel had a great location close to the park and ocean. What I did not like was the black mold on the db bedroom wall and ceiling. You could see it and smell it as soon as you walked in.

• 13th Jul 2014

Very good service and very good people working hard for the happinnes of the tourists!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Spain

There is a brand new hostel by the same owners, across the street. The rooms were larger and cleaner and the place was well designed. Both were good value.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Excellent stay!...nice atmosphere. helpful and kind staff, breakfast with delicious avocado and nice ocassion tomeet travelers and share experiences.Hot water and comfy beds,Thank you Pedro!

• 29th Jun 2014

Sweet place. I was only there for one night but there was a great vibe.

The atmosphere was really cool, very easy to make new friends and to know people from all over the world. When I stayed in the dorm, it was OK. But no hot shower in that bathroom, and only found it in the shared bathroom with the other rooms. In the private room, we had a problem with mold. It was really, really, bad! After trying other hostels in Peru, I don’t think it’s worth what it costs.

• 22nd Jun 2014

I only stayed two nights but overall really enjoyed my stay. The neighbourhood felt safe and was in a good location, with a short walk to restaurants, shops and the beach. Staff were helpful with navigating around the city and organising surfing lessons and taxis.

The room was very damp and had ants. The bed was bad. I was not physically comfortable during my stay there. Owner was very rude to us at checkout, was not amenable to several extra minutes to pack our things.

• 19th Jun 2014

The hostel is one of the best in Lima. The staff are fantastic and the atmosphere is relaxed a perfect place to stay. I will be going back and staying here again soon!

Small hostel in Miraflores, about a 12-block walk from Kennedy Park and very near to a grocery store and big commercial road for businesses/stores. Better: Two blocks from the coastal pathway that is awesome to walk to and an easy 15-minute walk to LarcoMar. Dormitory is fine; bathrooms are OK. Needs more plugs for personal charging, and the breakfast area is very small, so if we're all there at the same time, you don't fit. Helpful staff. Good location. quiet street. Safe area. Would go again.

Absolutely amazing hostel, we had the best time here! The staff were so helpful and spoke great english too, which was a bonus!

• 15th Jun 2014

I'll admit, I was a little less-than-thrilled when I first arrived (after multiple tries by my taxi to find the unmarked front door), because it's so out-of-the-way and didn't feel too welcoming at first. But I'm glad to say my first impression was mistaken. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and accommodating of difficult schedules. Very secure & safe; a little out of the way from the center of Miraflores, but the walk isn't bad. The neighborhood is really chill and clean.

• 15th Jun 2014

The hostel is located in a nice area, however, it is kind of far from the center. We had to take quite a few taxis to certain attractions in Lima. Breakfast is kind of weak too.

I am glad I found this place. I had a wonderful stay in Lima. worthy for the price and friendly family environment and clean. Very convenient and walking distance to the beach, restaurants, bus station, tours and parks.

Short stay but nice enough, helpful and easy place to stay at.

We had a lovely stay at Backpackers Family House. The staff was very friendly and helpful and our room (matrimonial) was nice. The shower was surprisingly good as well. It's located in a nice and pretty quiet neighborhood and is a very short walk from the coast which is great for morning or evening walks. Would definitely come back if in Lima again.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Iceland

Very friendly staff, always willing to help with what you need! We got a lot of good advice for our ongoing travels. Some of the showers were better than others (some had more pressure and hot water, others didn´t). Overall a friendly, safe envrionment.

• 7th Jun 2014

Fantastic location and great, helpful staff. I would definitely recomend this hostel to people traveling in / to / from Lima.

• 5th Jun 2014