Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

2028 Total Reviews

Hostel is kind of hard to find and kinda annoying how you have to buzz everytime to get in. Place is very clean and was a good for a day stay.

Great location, friendly staff, safe rooms. Water pressure sucked, but water was warm. The staff also arranged pickup from the airport and pointed out some very helpful places on the map. Overall a very nice stay.

The Hostel is very silence, no significant traffic around the rooms. The beach is about 8minutes to walk, park Kennedy not more than 15. All the stuff are friendly and ready to help. Rooms are okay, the bath are clean, but not new, but in this category not surprise. Breakdast is really simple, so should by some extra to fill it up :) Only one negative think: I could not meet Mr. Hotwater wtihin 3 days.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Hungary

Excellent stay, no complains at all. Clen, nice staff and in breakfast time you could talk with some other travellers.

I stayed at Backpacker's Family House! What makes this hostel a great choice is the super friendly and attentive staff, the clean facilities, great location and comfy beds. Warm showers and lockers too! And I was also able to store my excess stuff there safely. A super modern hostel !

• 12th May 2015

Excellent staff,clean rooms and nice common areas to meet travellers and share experiences!

• 12th May 2015

This was our first stop on our trip and I would recommend this hostel. They organized airport pickup for us (60 soles) even though we landed late at night. Basic breakfast included, comfy bed, and a shared bathroom but we never had to wait long to use it (with hot water). We met a nice group of people staying there that we chatted to in the common area. Only thing was that our room's window was near the common area and we could hear chatting going on. But overall great stay. Loved miraflores.

This hostel is okay, nothing special about it. Just about has everything you need, basic and simple. If the bathrooms were a bit cleaner it would be better. A lot of dirt and hair every time I went to ahower everywhere in the bathroom. The breakfast is stale bread.

I will not return this hostel. Wet room and smelly. Dirty bathroom. The location is the only positive thing. Não voltarei neste hostel. Quarto úmido e com mau cheiro. Banheiro sujo. A localização é a única coisa positiva.

not as good as I had hoped (it was recommended in my lonely planet guidebook)......my twin room didnt have the nicest smell (considering the price of it). The cleanliness of the bathrooms was questionable - I saw a cockroach in one of them. However the staff were very nice and its a good hostel to meet other travellers. Just think they could improve on their cleanliness!!!

• 28th Apr 2015

Very friendly and helpfull staff with a lot of good tips, tricks and recommendations for food!

Great hostel, great staff, great location. Would have been nice to have a lock and key to Room 1.

• 26th Apr 2015

I had a great time here - the staff were super helpful and friendly and they really made me feel welcome for the first night of my trip around Peru. It seems to attract a pretty friendly bunch of travellers too - within a few hours of arriving I'd met some great people and we had an awesome day out in Lima. The bunk beds were a good size compared to others and the bathroom was big with constant hot water. Couldn't fault the place and would highly recommend it!

• 25th Apr 2015

Chilled atmosphere, easy to meet people. Quite a long walk to park Kennedy. Will stay here when I return to Lima next month.

Friendly people. Rooms needed a little care - carpets and walls were dirty, shared bathroom was dirty. Breakfast was below average. Location by the ocean was fabulous but a walk to everything else.

Stayed at Backpackers Family House for two nights and will be returning at the end of the trip! The staff were incredibly helpful. Beds were good - my mattress was broken and I didn't even have to tell the staff and they changed it. Wifi connection was great, able to FaceTime home with no connection problems. A nice quiet hostel - people were friendly but not so interested in making plans to do things together. A good place to start or end your trip in Peru.

A nice, average hostel to stay in. We found the guy on the front desk (forget his name!) to be unbelievable. He booked us a bus which they then delivered our tickets to the hostel, answered all our questions, gave great advice about where to go etc. Exactly what you want from a hostel receptionist and we were very grateful. Breakfast is your average bread, jam, tea and coffee and facilities were fine.

Friendly staff, 24 hour service. Location a few blocks from the ocean but not much else. Shared bathrooms were often out of toilet paper and floors were constantly wet from the shower. Breakfast was limited to rolls.

I stood in many hostels in my life but these hostels times are definitely over. I cannot understand where this amount of excellent ratings comes from unless they are all from the 90s. Really nice stuff and safe place in a good location, BUT stoneage beds and mattresses, moldy and stinky. Facilities and especially bathrooms constantly dirty and smelly. They are cleaned regularly but poorly. I'm sorry to stay but I cannot recommend this place at all.

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in. Quiet, close to the beach, 15 min walk to Kennedy Park. Staff really nice and the bed are great. The Wifi work and they have hot water.

« first « Prev 1 2 3