Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Super nice accomodation, we got really nice time. Excellent service, very clean room, helpful staff and Miraflores is more than we expected,modern, clean and the hostel is just 2 blocks from the beach, 5 stars backpacker's hostel!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Excellent! Would stay again.

• 5th Apr 2014

The family backpackers is a fantastic hostel. Personal pick up

• 4th Apr 2014

Great hostel, comfy common areas, good bathroom, beds a bit uncomfortable but ok, decent kitchen, breakfast and wifi, difficult to find location but I had a staff member come out to the street to help my lost taxi driver find it late at night which was hugely appreciated after a long flight. Great security. Close to the beach. Recommended :)

I was very surprised when I got to the hostel because it was one of the Top 5 in hostel world reviews but I couldn't understand the reason. The hostel is an old house adapted for the guest place and very dirty. I asked to change from the bedroom that I was because the carpet was smelling. The bathroom was terrible (uncleaned and wet).

I'm sure you've confused the hotel, first the hostel is not an old house is a modern house and everything is just remodeled, second you made a reservation for shared room and in shared rooms there's no carpet, ,we have wodden floor there,and finally we have two housekeepers cleaning every day and keep the hostel clean and in good condition always. you made a mistake with hostel, please let this know Hostelworld to delete this comment ... thanks

This is my third trip to Lima and always enjoy staying at this great hostel. Great atmosphere.

Great location but needs some work. This place is located in a great location in Miraflores, a 2 minute walk to the beachfront. Our private double room was standard but ok for the purpose of sleeping. The place needs some fixing. Light in the upstairs bathrm needs to be replaced. The bathroom floor is always wet so it is very slippery, especially at night. A new coat of paint on the walls would freshen up the place. Wifi does not work upstairs. No A/C in the room. Kitchen was ok but had ants

Super relaxed vibe and always people around to hang with and of course closed to the beach of all hostels. Breakfast with real coffee (no instant coffee as everywhere in Peru) and even avocado and dulce de leche next to of course marmelade and butter!

• 20th Mar 2014

I had an amazing stay in Miraflores thanks to Family backpacker. The atmosphere is so great I stayed 2 more nights than planned. The staff is super friendly and will make you feel better than home. Really nice place to meet people and spend some time surfing. Strongly recommend !

Great friendly hostal vibes. Great small breakfast room with communal table for connecting with fellow travellers. Valoria and Roberto were especially helpful. Hope I have names right. Having stayed in a party hostal immediately after can now appreciate what this hostal offers.

• 12th Mar 2014

Very nice place, in a good location in miraflores, 10 min walk to centre of miraflores. Area felt safe even at night. Very helpfull staff. Staff strict with noise after 1030 so got sleep :) good social hostel. Highly recommend.

staff were really helpful and the hostel was in a great part of Lima. not a very social hostel everyone sort of keeps to themselves and there were no activities planned

I have traveled to Peru before and I have stayed at many hostels but I still find Backpackers Family House to be my favorite. The staff is always helpful and friendly, the house is clean and safe. I always have a great time and meet interesting people here. Pedro is always the perfect host with his famous Pisco Sour drinks and all his tourist advice. I cant wait to go back. I look forward to seeing you again at the end of the year.

Hostal very pleasant, calm, and Well located. You feel good in this hotel!! I highlander recomend it. All the team is very helpful and cool. Spanish, english and french spoken, Perfect!!

• 10th Mar 2014

A quiet and pretty part of Miraflfores, just,a few minutes from the sea (down a lot of steps!) but good exercise for Macchu Pichu. The main door is security locked and lockers are provided for valuables. There is a well stocked kitchen and large dining area and terrace for communal breakfasts, dinners and chatting. Very friendly and kind staff, the bed was comfortable. This is not a party hostel but The lounge and terrace areas encourage everyone to mix in. Great for solo travellers.

• 5th Mar 2014

Very nice atmosphere, I met a lot of travellers around my age and with Pedro we went out for nice party in Barranco. They just remodeling the hostel, new floor and painting. Helpful staff and unbeatable location 2 blocks from the beach. If you gonna stay in Lima, come here for sure!

• 25th Feb 2014

Super nice location, with excellent staff, there was a BBQ with delicious hamburguers,steaks and peruvian sauces, Really nice atmosphere and good ocassion to meet young travellers and get social drinks!

• 21st Feb 2014

Great location, relaxed atmosphere. The staff was always ready to help me out with any questions I had. Gonzalo taught me loads about Peruvian culture and music and even helped me to plan my trip to his hometown Cuzco. And I met some really nice people when I was staying there. I will definitely go back to Family House next time I’m in Lima.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

This is a very nice hostel in Peru,. All the staff are really friendly and helpful, I could not expect more of this family house. I stayed one night before I traveled to Cusco, and I got good information about Cusco of the sweet girl (Valeria) who is working on reception. We rented bikes from hostel and visited different places in Lima, It was great day of my trip in Peru. I came bake to the hostel after 2 weeks traveling in Peru, relax and enjoy my time in this family house.

Great hostel, the owner Pedro & his staff are top folk. I would recommend this place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4