Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

great hostel and very safe... also perfect location in Lima ! high recomended!

All the staff at this hostel were extremely helpful and accommodating! I missed my flight and they were very helpful in helping me reorganize myself to get me to my destination!

• 4th Feb 2014

Nice social atmosphere in the hostel. Rooms could use more hooks and a mirror. Shower curtains should be longer to keep the water contained. Breakfast was good.

Safety,clean and really helpful staff. Close to the beach in a very nice neighborhood,surrounded by nice parks, bakery and restaurants.Highly recommend!

• 2nd Feb 2014

I loved my stay in Family House Backpackers. The location of the hostel is great in the middle of Miraflores, just a block away from the park and the beach and 5 minutes from nice bars, restaurants and shops. Although this place mostely has backpackers staying for a few nights I stayed for almost two weeks and met new, interesting and fun people every night. The couldn´t be better. Pedro, Gonzalo and all the others we´re amazingly friendly and helpfull all the time. Thanks so much!

• 27th Jan 2014

I traveled by myself and this is my first experience in hostel and it couldn't have been better. At the beginning I was afraid about all the bad stories about Peru but in Miraflores I felt safe all the time. I got all that I need to organize my tour in Lima and around Peru. All the staff in Family house take care of me and help me in all that I need, Thank you very much!

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Russia

I just have to say Thank you guys! I received more than we really expected, and also for Lima is amazing city. Very helpfull staff , 2 wonderfuls ladies in Housekeeping ready to clean everything and provide us a deliciuos breakfast . comfortable beds , good wifi and very good tips for restaurants and bars!

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Finland

Nice hostel, good location. Staff was friendly, and a nice patio to sit outside for breakfast. Close walk to the beach, and some nice parks with lots of green grass for afternoon naps in the sun. I would return to this hostel again, and recommed it to fellow backpackers.

• 19th Jan 2014

Friendly and accommodating staff. Great, helped with taxi services to and from airport. Would stay there again if I visit the city. Cheers!

• 18th Jan 2014

Serious cleanliness issue. The upstairs bathrooms were flooded at all times and I had to fish for a tampon in the shower before stepping in. Being in the kitchen in the afternoon I had to kill a cockroach.

Good hostel a little out of the way of the traditional hostels in MIraflores. Easy to meet people for a solo traveler. Great owner who gives good free Spanish lessons on Tuesday and Thursday I believe.

Nice Homestyle Hostel with very Helpful Staff always willing to to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms, Bathrooms,Kitchen and common areas were always kept clean. Cable TV, Wifi, Computer with internet, Maps,Breakfast were included in the price. The Location is safe and within a couple of minutes walk from many clubs,supermarkets,bars,restaurants and Bus stop. While the hostel isnt a party Hostel its a place where you can have fun yet be able to get a good night sleep.

• 14th Jan 2014

This place is a must stay when you are planning a trip to this area. Make sure you are here on Thursday because they offer a free Spanish lesson at 10am the at 9pm after a day exploring the town it's Pisco Sour time. There is no better way to get to know your fellow travelers than over drinks. Not only is the location in an excellent area of town but it is very safe and you do not need to worry about the safety of your belongings.

• 13th Jan 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights and loved the area. Our first morning there, Pedro gave us a map and highlighted all of the important things, going over differnt routes to different things. Everything we wanted was in walking distance, and when we wanted to venture farther we could rent bicycles from the hostel to go there. Pedro even gave us Spanish class one day, and hosted a Pisco Sour night as well. We had so much fun!

• 13th Jan 2014

I got 2 wonderful days in Family House, Pedro, Gonzalo and Cesar make our stay unforgetable, always smiling and ready to help us in everything we needed. IF you coming to LIma ,this is far the best place!

• 12th Jan 2014

Our stay at the Backpackers hotel was amazing. The staff treated us like family, even remembered our names every time we came in and out. The rooms are nice and the beds comfortable and clean. Showers had hot water! If we ever come back to Peru we will be staying here again!

Everything was perfect here, very nice and helpful staff, clean an confy beds, good breakfast and the hostel is just 2 blocks from the beach and Miraflores is super neighborhood. I will come back in 2 weeks, highly recommend!

• 3rd Jan 2014

I loved this place! It's very small and cosy and super easy to meet people. The location is a bit out of the main part of Miraflores, but the area is so safe that you don't feel in danger when walking around at night. The staff were great and really awesome to talk to. The breakfast is great but make sure you get up early for avocado! The facilities were average - don't expect the cleanest bathrooms or the nicest smelling rooms.

Backpackers has a great location in Miraflores; the hostel is clean, well-equipped and has a nice atmosphere. The staff are incredibly helpful, especially Gonzalo who patiently answered my many many questions and gave me loads of excellent tips about what to do and see in Lima. There is always excellent music playing in the common area and the location is safe and good for sampling the Lima nightlife in Miraflores and Barranco.

Fantastic friendly place. Staff and manager are extremely friendly and helpful. Cant wait to come back next time im in Lima! Ben

• 1st Jan 2014