Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

The atmosphere was really cool, very easy to make new friends and to know people from all over the world. When I stayed in the dorm, it was OK. But no hot shower in that bathroom, and only found it in the shared bathroom with the other rooms. In the private room, we had a problem with mold. It was really, really, bad! After trying other hostels in Peru, I don’t think it’s worth what it costs.

• 22nd Jun 2014

I only stayed two nights but overall really enjoyed my stay. The neighbourhood felt safe and was in a good location, with a short walk to restaurants, shops and the beach. Staff were helpful with navigating around the city and organising surfing lessons and taxis.

The room was very damp and had ants. The bed was bad. I was not physically comfortable during my stay there. Owner was very rude to us at checkout, was not amenable to several extra minutes to pack our things.

• 19th Jun 2014

The hostel is one of the best in Lima. The staff are fantastic and the atmosphere is relaxed a perfect place to stay. I will be going back and staying here again soon!

Small hostel in Miraflores, about a 12-block walk from Kennedy Park and very near to a grocery store and big commercial road for businesses/stores. Better: Two blocks from the coastal pathway that is awesome to walk to and an easy 15-minute walk to LarcoMar. Dormitory is fine; bathrooms are OK. Needs more plugs for personal charging, and the breakfast area is very small, so if we're all there at the same time, you don't fit. Helpful staff. Good location. quiet street. Safe area. Would go again.

Absolutely amazing hostel, we had the best time here! The staff were so helpful and spoke great english too, which was a bonus!

I'll admit, I was a little less-than-thrilled when I first arrived (after multiple tries by my taxi to find the unmarked front door), because it's so out-of-the-way and didn't feel too welcoming at first. But I'm glad to say my first impression was mistaken. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and accommodating of difficult schedules. Very secure & safe; a little out of the way from the center of Miraflores, but the walk isn't bad. The neighborhood is really chill and clean.

• 15th Jun 2014

The hostel is located in a nice area, however, it is kind of far from the center. We had to take quite a few taxis to certain attractions in Lima. Breakfast is kind of weak too.

I am glad I found this place. I had a wonderful stay in Lima. worthy for the price and friendly family environment and clean. Very convenient and walking distance to the beach, restaurants, bus station, tours and parks.

Short stay but nice enough, helpful and easy place to stay at.

We had a lovely stay at Backpackers Family House. The staff was very friendly and helpful and our room (matrimonial) was nice. The shower was surprisingly good as well. It's located in a nice and pretty quiet neighborhood and is a very short walk from the coast which is great for morning or evening walks. Would definitely come back if in Lima again.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Iceland

Very friendly staff, always willing to help with what you need! We got a lot of good advice for our ongoing travels. Some of the showers were better than others (some had more pressure and hot water, others didn´t). Overall a friendly, safe envrionment.

• 7th Jun 2014

Fantastic location and great, helpful staff. I would definitely recomend this hostel to people traveling in / to / from Lima.

• 5th Jun 2014

My first time in Lima and it was all the better for staying at Family House. Great staff, very helpful and accommodating. Hot showers with good water pressure goes a long way in my book :]

Great staff. Not a party hostel - and quiet hours begin at 10 so there is no option to hang out at hostel at that time. Nice and close to malecon and within walking distance of all things in moraflores

Large chilled house 1 block from the coast. Wonderful staff, guests come mostly off the airplane and are always in for a party. The hostel itself is quiet. Kitchen well equipped and you can use it even during breakfast which is included but is basically bread and jam. Check out their club house too (search on hostelworld), its a brand new hostel, same location, beautiful interior and would accually have a 200% rating

Family House is great! We kept coming back to for all of our lay overs in Lima (4 nights) because we felt comfortable there. It was very safe and the staff was extremely helpful, they got us a last minute room, helped us get a taxi when someone else took our cab, played fuseball, made breakfast everyday, and best of all there was always a clean and hot shower available!! We didn't have too much time to go around Lima, but the hostel was beside some beautiful parks and good restaurants!

Great expeience over all. They came and got me frm the airpot which was cool as it was my first rel trip alone on the other side of the planet. the hostel itself is close to the beach and in miraflores which is really safe. I walked around at night and in the morning.

Their airport pickup service is great and when we got to the hostel we received a warm and inviting welcome. The staff is great and helpful. Surfing with Pablo is great fun and they can recommend the best places to eat! Definitely a great place to stay.

I had a great stay. The atmosphere was welcoming and it was easy to meet people. I felt safe and comfortable. Also, you must try Pedro's pisco sours!