Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

We booked for two nights and had to cancel the second day because we changed our plans. The staff were super kind and refunded us our money back for the second night. We really enjoyed the hospitality of Edward at the front desk. Caralin as well helped us with bookings on such short notice. I recommend this place for a nice stay.

Overall a nice hostel. Not a party hostel, but it's only a 15-20 minute walk to some cool bars. It's also literally a block from the ocean, which made for some great views. The dorm was tidy and not packed, so it was a great place to relax and actually get some sleep. Friendly staff, overall pretty clean, and there is a decent sized kitchen to prepare meals in. I recommend it to those who need a break after a long weekend of partying or just some traveling rest.

• 2nd Nov 2015

The owner Pedro and his entire staff was professional and polite and I would not hesitate to return.

• 31st Oct 2015

Location is ok and safe. 5 min. from the beach (surfing) but 20 min. from Miraflores center. Most rooms were clean. One shared bathroom was sometimes a bit dirty depending what guests did but ok to use. Bed was comfy, water hot and water-pressure good, wifi fast and stable and lockers provided. The staff was friendly, welcoming and always ready to help you with anything. You can also buy Cruz del Sur bus-tickets in the hostel. Breakfast was basic but fresh. A good choice if you can walk a bit.

Don't stay here! There was no atmosphere, the rooms were damp & run down. The location is OK being that its in Miraflores but you would be better off staying by the main square where there is a lot more going on. Was overcharged by over $120USD and the staff were incompetent at refunding me.

Great place, with friendly, helpful staff.

Very nice Hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They explained me everything and gave me tips, what I can do during day and night. They were always available. The Hostel has an airport service. During my trip to the amazon I could even leave my big luggage there. When I go back to Lima, I would stay there again.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

The best hostel of our trip so far & the main thing that made it so fantastic was the staff, especially Pedro! Everyone was always friendly & helpful with directions & suggestions but Pedro went above & beyond what I'd expect anyone working in a hostel to do. My husband wanted to buy a surfboard during our time in Lima & we don't speak Spanish, and found the surf shops overpriced. Pedro helped search online, called sellers & organised a sale at the hostel, which saved us heaps of time & money.

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. There is a nice terrace and sitting room where you can chill and chat with other travellers. Include wifi, lockers and breakfast. The shower in our room was spacious and the water was hot. I will be staying here again!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Nice people. Good security. The name of the hostel isn't outside on the road so look for the street number.

We stayed here only one night because it was expensive and then moved to another nearby hostel. Ultimately we moved to a different neighborhood since miraflores is pretty dead. What was nice was we were close to the ocean.

Good name foe the hostel, I fet like home, met many cool people in a nice and comfortable hostel,,,super clean, nice staff and beautiful neighboorhod!

Cozy and nice hostel close to the beach.I found all that I need ,this is a real family,nice staff and I met good fellas to talk and share experiences!

Nice hostel close to the beach, very friendly staff, good atmosphere!

Great vibe just on the outskirts of Miraflores. Very friendly staff who are willing to help you with anything. It is about a 15 minute walk to the heart of Miraflores, where more fun awaits, but just a 5 minute walk to the coastal cliffs. nice lounge area with great art on the walls.

This hostel is 1 block away from the beach side of Miraflores and about 10 blocks away from the main center of Miraflores. Staff here was friendly, but don't go out of their way to tell you specifics of the town. I booked a double twin private room and the room felt a bit dirty. This hostel stated they had hot water, however the shower was cold. i would not recommend this hostel..

• 20th Sep 2015

Your review is completely unfair, you just stay in the hostel for a few hours, beacuse you arrived very late and leave very early the next day... ..staff helped you all the time with everything you needed and also we organized for you your tranfers to the airport,,, We have 2 housekeepers in the house cleaning up all the house all the time, we have hot water in the 6 nathroom that are in the house, Why you didnt asked if you didn't know how it's works,,,,thanks anyway!

Location no very interesting, saff correct but room really little and expensive for this category. I would not recommend.

A pleasant stay on my arrival to Lima. Went with this hostel because of the offer of airport pickup for 20 US dollars. I was left waiting at the airport for 1hr and 1/2 without any sign of a pickup so eventually got a taxi of my own from the airport for the same price. My friend who arrived the night before was also left waiting for an hour. Apart from the poor pickup service, the hostel is welcoming and clean and staff are very helpful. Breakfast is basic but pretty standard for Peru. just

Very helpful and friendly staff with the best Wifi.

• 11th Sep 2015

Backpackers was a friendly hostel in Miraflores which felt secure (lockers provided in the common area and a door which you had to be buzzed through). There was a nice outside area where breakfast was served, a lounge with a TV, a book exchange, a communal computer and also a Tours desk useful for booking onward travel.