Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

2059 Total Reviews

Nice cosy hostel, exactly what I needed for a night before my connecting flight back to the UK. Gia the receptionist however was a gem and extremely helpful!!

• 4th Apr 2015

Everything was good, the only blemish was a strong humidity smell in my room.

We had a very nice time in this Hostel which we found had a very easygoing atmosphere, was placed in a very safe neighborhood with lots to do around and finally but most important had a well informed and gentle staff.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Colombia

lovely place, great location, decor could do with some freshening up.

Its was my 4th stay at BP's Family House. Its in a very quiet area but close to buses, shops, restaurants and walks along Malecon Cisneros. And if Cesar posts my boots to me which I left behind in my dorm I will give this hostel a Super Excellent rating!

Quite a quiet hostel but Lima is noisy if you know where to look so the hostel was a good place to relax after a night out. Close to the coast, a bit of a walk to Kennedy Park but it's a nice enough walk on a sunny day. Would recommend!

That's a really nice place to stay, friendly people, good breakfast, and the workers are really nice.

What a great place! close to the beach, super staff and nice atmosphere!!

• 25th Mar 2015

One of the members of staff at this hostel is second to none. Pedro is his name. I stayed in this hostel for one night as I had to fly to bogota the next day. When I arrived at the airport, much to my distress, I realised that I had left my iPhone in the hostel. From a pay phone in the airport, I rang pedro and he single handedly arranged a taxi to bring my Phone to the airport before my flight left. I offered him a tip at the end but he refused! Thanks do much pedro for your help!

Clean bathroom, comfy beds although room was really hot. Hot and powerful shower and really spacious bathroom! Breakfast was simple but nice juice!! Staff really nice and wifi decent although didn't always reach the room.

• 22nd Mar 2015

had a lovely staf here. really clean and the common areas were filled with Nice people. staff helped us to book tickets, nothing was to much for them.

The staff here make this hostel. Sincere thanks to all of them for connecting us with some cool recommendations.

New location. Nicer building. More WiFi friendly. Helpful staff. I would return

We thought the hostel would be closer to the action but it was a 20 minute walk from the main part of Miraflores. There was no fridge with water in it and the nearest grocery store was 20 minutes away. They offer airport pickup which is useful until you find out that it costs S/60. The noise really carries in this place so you can always hear the doorbell and every conversation not behind closed doors . That said - really nice staff (Christian), really comfy beds, clean and we felt really safe

When you stay in Miraflores yo have the options to stay in dowtown Miraflores that is very noise and commercial area or near the beach where we are, anyway you are only 10 minutes from dowtown.. and the closest grocerie store it is just 500 meters from the hostel, I didnt know how you can't see it.....next time please open your eyes and explore better...

Good hangout areas. Rooftop was a bonus. Helpful and friendly staff.

Backpacker's hostel is excellent, with hot and powerful shower. It's near the sea, which I had a nice walk back from the mall along the sea back to hostel at night, very safe on my own. the neighborhood is convenient, within around 10 mins walk to the supermarket, house of money exchange, 15-20 mins walk to a bus station that brings you to the old part of Lima. The staff is super nice, my flight delayed and could not make it for the first night, and they managed to help me wave off the charge.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Maybe because it's our first stop in South America, i'm comparing with asia. Staf was helpfull, miraflores is nice.

• 9th Mar 2015

and then what is the bad thing?, because you scored us terrible

Nice staff.

This hostel was amazing. They arranged pick up from the airport in Lima, even though we got in at around 1:30 AM. They spoke English, and were extremely helpful with any questions we had. Eat at El Fogon, it's only a short walk, and their ceviche is incredible. Downtown miraflores is about a 20 minute walk, and there is so much to do there. We met so many great people at this hostel, and went out with them a few nights. It's a really fun place to have a few beers and meet new friends!

We stayed here with my girlfriend and a friend, the place is really good, clean and the staff is extremelly helpful. We stayed here again on our way back from Mancora. Would recommend.

• 17th Feb 2015