Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Backpackers was a friendly hostel in Miraflores which felt secure (lockers provided in the common area and a door which you had to be buzzed through). There was a nice outside area where breakfast was served, a lounge with a TV, a book exchange, a communal computer and also a Tours desk useful for booking onward travel.

Me and my girlfriend found this hostel recommended in the guide book and it definitely lives up to our expectations. The staff were really friendly and helped us with an airport pick up at very late notice...which was a god send as our flight was delayed 3 hours and we arrived at Lima at 2am. The breakfast is basic but with fresh bottomless coffee! We would stay here again...but be warned the showers are cold! Great location and good atmosphere, very relaxing!

thank you for your nice comment I just want to let you know,,,that we have always hot shower but maybe you didn't know how this work please next time ask to the front desk about any problem during your stay and for sure we're gonna fix it:)

Great place to stay in Lima. Staff are great and helpful. Rooms of good quality for $. Travel agent on site was also incredibly useful as we only had a couple of days before heading down the coast with what turned out to be a great "do it yourself" tour rather than a prepackaged one which we don't typically go for

• 17th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Excellent hostel, good location & staff and very clean. A little quiet (i.e. not a party hostel), but has good areas for socialising and is easy to meet people. In a very safe area, a couple of minutes walk from all the Miraflores action & the coastal path.

I enjoyed my last 2nights of my month long trip in my own room at Family House. By that time I was tired of sharing rooms. It was well worth it! When I arrived I got an intro to Lima, which was a nice change from the other hostels where they told me very little info about the surrounding area. Def recommend for anyone who wants to be away from the center of things but close enough to walk to it within 5-10 mins. It was calm & is perfect for anyone who prefers smaller more personable hostel.

Staff were really good. But an extremely dirty bathroom with cold water on a freezing cold night did not make for a good stay.

this is not truewe have 2 housekeepers all the time, cleaning upthe hostel and mainly the bathroomsthere's hot water in all the bathrooms ibside the house,maybe you didn't know how this works next time please asked before to make an unfair review

1 2 3 Next » last »