Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

This isn't a noisy hostel so a very good place to get some sleep (unless you have a snorer in your dorm).

Bathrooms were constantly dirty.

• 26th Apr 2014

We had a great time at BFH. Good location, laid back, smooth running. The staff let us hang out a week after we left before our bus to Huaraz! I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

This hostel is good. The only downside were the other guests inability to keep the shower curtains closed so the floor was always wet. There had been a slight mixup with our booking, but that was resolved quickly.

A very quiet hostel in good location. Sound hostel with no complaints

Super nice accomodation, we got really nice time. Excellent service, very clean room, helpful staff and Miraflores is more than we expected,modern, clean and the hostel is just 2 blocks from the beach, 5 stars backpacker's hostel!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Not the biggest party hostel, but definitely a nice place to stay.

the staff is realy, realy good! for us, it is the best hostel in miraflores! thank you for everything!!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Excellent! Would stay again.

The family backpackers is a fantastic hostel. Personal pick up

• 4th Apr 2014

Great hostel, comfy common areas, good bathroom, beds a bit uncomfortable but ok, decent kitchen, breakfast and wifi, difficult to find location but I had a staff member come out to the street to help my lost taxi driver find it late at night which was hugely appreciated after a long flight. Great security. Close to the beach. Recommended :)

Great location, great staff, great atmosphere. Kitchen you can use, which is fantastic. The only bad part about my stay was the carpet in the back bedroom was a bit mouldy and in desperate need of replacement! I've stayed at three other hostels in Lima, this was by far my favourite.

I was very surprised when I got to the hostel because it was one of the Top 5 in hostel world reviews but I couldn't understand the reason. The hostel is an old house adapted for the guest place and very dirty. I asked to change from the bedroom that I was because the carpet was smelling. The bathroom was terrible (uncleaned and wet).

I'm sure you've confused the hotel, first the hostel is not an old house is a modern house and everything is just remodeled, second you made a reservation for shared room and in shared rooms there's no carpet, ,we have wodden floor there,and finally we have two housekeepers cleaning every day and keep the hostel clean and in good condition always. you made a mistake with hostel, please let this know Hostelworld to delete this comment ... thanks

This is my third trip to Lima and always enjoy staying at this great hostel. Great atmosphere.

The dorm room was big with plenty of space for peoples bags, the beds were comfortable and the showers were clean. Breakfast was good with plenty of bread and fruit juice. The staff were really helpful in giving us guidance on where to go, the sites to see, etc.

Great location but needs some work. This place is located in a great location in Miraflores, a 2 minute walk to the beachfront. Our private double room was standard but ok for the purpose of sleeping. The place needs some fixing. Light in the upstairs bathrm needs to be replaced. The bathroom floor is always wet so it is very slippery, especially at night. A new coat of paint on the walls would freshen up the place. Wifi does not work upstairs. No A/C in the room. Kitchen was ok but had ants

Super relaxed vibe and always people around to hang with and of course closed to the beach of all hostels. Breakfast with real coffee (no instant coffee as everywhere in Peru) and even avocado and dulce de leche next to of course marmelade and butter!

• 20th Mar 2014

I had an amazing stay in Miraflores thanks to Family backpacker. The atmosphere is so great I stayed 2 more nights than planned. The staff is super friendly and will make you feel better than home. Really nice place to meet people and spend some time surfing. Strongly recommend !

Staff was kind of rude to me after I checked out. Also was not the easiest place to meet people as a solo traveler. Nice beds

Great friendly hostal vibes. Great small breakfast room with communal table for connecting with fellow travellers. Valoria and Roberto were especially helpful. Hope I have names right. Having stayed in a party hostal immediately after can now appreciate what this hostal offers.

• 12th Mar 2014