Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Great place to stay in Lima. Very friendly staff.

Really nice.

The owner is a really nice accommodating guy helped us out with an emergency room, had a problem with the night guy needs to relax just abit other then that was a good stay

The hostel is in the Miraflores district, which is right near the beach. Great for walks/runs along the beach in the morning and afternoon.

Small hostel with a family feel. Staff was super helpful, the kitchen was very well equipped, and the bathrooms were clean. Very quiet at night, which made it easy to get a good night of sleep.

Amazing hostel, no complains at all, excelent and friendly staff always ready and smiling for any questions,with good tips and recomendations to get fun and be safe, confortable beds, hot shower. Free spanish lesson con professor Pedro , Lonely Planet top choice and is the top choice for me too!

• 12th Dec 2013

This is my second time staying here and I had a great time both times. The staff were very friendly and always ready to help. They also gave me good advice on where to eat and what to see in the city. I would definetly recommen staying here.

The lockers in the common area of the hostel are too small to fit any significant backpack. Hence, if you store your luggage before/after you stay, be prepared to leave it out in a common area. The location is 2-3 blocks from the beach. The hotel had free pisco sours on the Friday when we left, which was a fun event that got people mixing and mingling. The foosball table is old, but nice to have. The crowd in the hostel was generally chill, cool people.

Good location to Miraflores district. A trek from the airport but nice to stay if have a few days to stay. We had the twin room which was the closest room to reception. The beds were fairly average and the sheets didn't stay in the bed so had to adjust all the time. The room we were in had the light pouring in onto one of the beds all night. also the door bell still rings during the night which is quite loud. They have a nice big tv and outside sitting area with a Hammo Overall average hoste

Nice and peaceful hostel with an excellent staff. Close to the beach for nice walks.

Best place to stay in Lima!! The hostel is quite but good to hung up with another travellers. Staff is superfriendly and helpulf. Clean, nice, good localeted, close to kennedy park and supermarkets. I really enjoy my stay there, thanks guys for everthing!!

The hostel is located in Miraflores witch is a safe and clean neighberhood in Lima the. The staff is friendly and give good advice. I slept in the 8 bed dorm witch was clean and had good lockers. The bathrooms are clean but a bit dated. Its takes a while too get warm water so be patiant. All in ll its agood hostel.

This places is very friendly. Staff are there to help you. Spanish course free on Tuesday and Thursday!! Very helpfull tips too given by Pedro. Miraflores is safe but right now has a lot of construction...but you know, same thing in Quebec!!! Shower as hot water, but not much pressure. Ambiance is very nice, and we also had a free Pisco Sour night!!!

Nice location in Miraflores, safe neighborhood though a little far from downtown and cheaper restaurants. Good standard hostel breakfast of bread jam, tea, coffee and sometimes guacamole. Friendly and helpful staff. Free towels and lockers. Access to kitchen facilities and good wifi throughout the hostel.

• 24th Nov 2013

I was very very pleased with the service, the atmosphere and the energy. The bathrooms were always clean, the showers were always hot with excellent pressure and the room were comfortable, warm and clean. My favorite was the helpful and comical staff. Cesar, Ganzalo and Christan were always ready to answer questions and available to help. Pedro was a wonderful teacher and helped graciously as a guide to what to do in Lima. I will never forget my stay and plan on returning in 15-18 months.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Excellent hostel, helpful staff,nice atmosphere,clean and comfortable beds, 2 hours of free spanish lesson, the funniest way to learn spanish.! . Also they organized the Inka Jungle tour in Cusco ,,, Thank you guys, I will came back in 2 weeks

• 22nd Nov 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in total, and was very happy with everything!

Backpackers Family House is an excellent hostel in a great location in Lima. Pedro is a wonderful host who also provides really good Spanish lessons - he also can make a great Pisco Sour!! The atmosphere in the hostel makes it very easy to meet people. Overall one of the best hostels of our trip so far

We booked family house based on good reviews on hostelworld. The hostel was in a good area and we wanted to be in a smaller hostel for a more friendly feel. Family house did not disappoint! From the moment we arrived Pedro made us feel welcome and was incredibly helpful and patient. We booked the twin room with shared bathroom and the shower was the best of our trip so far. Highly recommend this hostel for a positive experience in Lima!

The experience was really good, excellent stay, very nice and helpful staff, comfortable beds,clean and hot water. Miraflores is super neighboorhood and the hostel is just two blocks from the beach. Breakfast was average with good coffee and avocado sause, deliciuos!, I will come back at the end of my trip. If you gonna stay in Lima, BFH is the place!

• 14th Nov 2013