Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

2025 Total Reviews

We stayed here with my girlfriend and a friend, the place is really good, clean and the staff is extremelly helpful. We stayed here again on our way back from Mancora. Would recommend.

• 17th Feb 2015

I was only here for one night as a quick stopover. The bed was comfy, room was clean, clean private bathroom (good shower pressure and hot water). The staff were helpful enough with finding places to eat nearby etc. Nothing fancy but definitely a pretty decent hostel for the price. Only issue I had was the daytime receptionist told me I could book a taxi with reception at 2am for the airport, but then the nighttime receptionist was not able to and so I had to walk out on the street and wait.

Staff is amazingly helpful. When I got sick the first night and asked to switch to a private room, they let me have the private room for two nights for the same price as a dorm.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and reliable and safe taxi service, the breakfast is excellent.!! Would recommend!!

• 24th Jan 2015

The location was in a safe area close to the cliffs of Mira Flores. The hosts Petter and Juan were extremely helpful. They gave great recommendations on what to see and where to eat. They also went above and beyond with helping communicate with Machu Picchu ticket reservations. They both spoke great English. Also assisted in arranging transportation to and from the airport.

• 31st Dec 2014

Stayed here for one night. The staff were excellent and very accommodating. Breakfast was fresh, showers hot and bedrooms clean. Would recommend if wanting to a basic and cheap stay in the Miralflores area.

• 30th Dec 2014

Staff is nice and helpful, our room (twin single private) however was quite expensive for what it offers. The room is small, the matrasses were very thin, it was hot and humid in the room and the lighting was generally poor.

We loved our stay at the Backpacker Family House so much, that we reserved the room for the last night of our trip, when we will be returning to Lima the day before our flight home. We especially loved room #8, on the rooftop, with the terra cota roof and view to the ocean. Lovely patio downstairs to enjoy a light breakfast, read and relax. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, making recommendations and arranging a taxi to/from airport. Loved the short walk to park overlooking the ocean!

• 21st Dec 2014

I booked this hostel for 10 nights but ended up only staying for 3. The bathrooms were few and very dirty, and the showers had almost no hot water and terrible water pressure. One shower was permanently clogged. The building has a terrible echo so I could hear everything everyone was saying at all times and I picked a bad time to stay as there was a large group of noisy guests. No fault of the hostel but the bathrooms were enough for me to change my plans.

• 15th Dec 2014

When you stayed in the hostel you never mentioned that you felt uncomfortable or there was something bad, we could helped you...you just said that you leave because you have friends in Peru and you want to stay with them..next time please be honest and we are very happy to resolve anything that seems bad.....we are the top hostel in Peru and I think that your comment is completely unfair!

I stayed in Backpackers Family House for 6 nights all together. First 2 nights and then came back for 4 nights. Location is excellent (and safe to walk at night), you can walk to Kennedy park or Larcomar shopping center in apr. 15 min depending on how fast you walk. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and there was always hot water in the showers. Wi-fi worked well, during peak hours it could get a bit slow. Every worker I talked to was very helpful and nice, and gave me a lot of tips on what to do.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Finland

Backpackers Family Home is a nice hostel and we enjoyed our stay there. It's close to a great 'gourmet' type supermarket which was a bit exciting for us as we hadn't seen that kind of thing in months! Not a party hostel, but definitely a nice place to relax. Breakfast is basic but pleasant, we had eggs one morning but not the second.

Breakfast basic, facilities average, not very clean, bit to loud for a family hostel

you already made 14 reviews in different hostels that you been stayed and all of them are bad and terrible... I know what kind of traveller are you...take it easy amigo, be happy if you are keep travelling you should be happy and enjoy your trip!

Enjoyed our stay, good choice for our budget.

• 30th Nov 2014