Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

2072 Total Reviews

I stood in many hostels in my life but these hostels times are definitely over. I cannot understand where this amount of excellent ratings comes from unless they are all from the 90s. Really nice stuff and safe place in a good location, BUT stoneage beds and mattresses, moldy and stinky. Facilities and especially bathrooms constantly dirty and smelly. They are cleaned regularly but poorly. I'm sorry to stay but I cannot recommend this place at all.

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in. Quiet, close to the beach, 15 min walk to Kennedy Park. Staff really nice and the bed are great. The Wifi work and they have hot water.

very very nice hostel, really gives you a familyfeeling! Its close to the beach, basic breakfast, includes towels and has a nice kitchen. Its not as big as the partyhostels in miraflores but since its not too big it makes it much easier to meet other people. Lovely place to stay at and comfortable beds!

A decent hostel option close to the ocean and about 15 minutes walking to Kennedy Park. Not much in the immediate area. The place is a bit hard to find even for taxis. The staff was friendly and there is a large common area. The room was average (matrimonial) and a little damp smelling. Included breakfast was standard coffee/tea and bread with butter/jam.

Excellent place to stay and meet trvellers, helpful people at front desk and comfortable beds. Super neighborhood!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I thought the location was fantastic, the hostel was clean and had good security. The lady on reception was brilliant at providing suggestions for where to get local cuisine and what traditional dishes to look out for. The proximity to the beach/esplanade area was great and I highly recommend heading there for sunset.

Nice cosy hostel, exactly what I needed for a night before my connecting flight back to the UK. Gia the receptionist however was a gem and extremely helpful!!

• 4th Apr 2015

Everything was good, the only blemish was a strong humidity smell in my room.

We had a very nice time in this Hostel which we found had a very easygoing atmosphere, was placed in a very safe neighborhood with lots to do around and finally but most important had a well informed and gentle staff.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Colombia

lovely place, great location, decor could do with some freshening up.

Its was my 4th stay at BP's Family House. Its in a very quiet area but close to buses, shops, restaurants and walks along Malecon Cisneros. And if Cesar posts my boots to me which I left behind in my dorm I will give this hostel a Super Excellent rating!

Quite a quiet hostel but Lima is noisy if you know where to look so the hostel was a good place to relax after a night out. Close to the coast, a bit of a walk to Kennedy Park but it's a nice enough walk on a sunny day. Would recommend!

That's a really nice place to stay, friendly people, good breakfast, and the workers are really nice.

What a great place! close to the beach, super staff and nice atmosphere!!

• 25th Mar 2015

One of the members of staff at this hostel is second to none. Pedro is his name. I stayed in this hostel for one night as I had to fly to bogota the next day. When I arrived at the airport, much to my distress, I realised that I had left my iPhone in the hostel. From a pay phone in the airport, I rang pedro and he single handedly arranged a taxi to bring my Phone to the airport before my flight left. I offered him a tip at the end but he refused! Thanks do much pedro for your help!

Clean bathroom, comfy beds although room was really hot. Hot and powerful shower and really spacious bathroom! Breakfast was simple but nice juice!! Staff really nice and wifi decent although didn't always reach the room.

• 22nd Mar 2015

had a lovely staf here. really clean and the common areas were filled with Nice people. staff helped us to book tickets, nothing was to much for them.

The staff here make this hostel. Sincere thanks to all of them for connecting us with some cool recommendations.

New location. Nicer building. More WiFi friendly. Helpful staff. I would return

We thought the hostel would be closer to the action but it was a 20 minute walk from the main part of Miraflores. There was no fridge with water in it and the nearest grocery store was 20 minutes away. They offer airport pickup which is useful until you find out that it costs S/60. The noise really carries in this place so you can always hear the doorbell and every conversation not behind closed doors . That said - really nice staff (Christian), really comfy beds, clean and we felt really safe

When you stay in Miraflores yo have the options to stay in dowtown Miraflores that is very noise and commercial area or near the beach where we are, anyway you are only 10 minutes from dowtown.. and the closest grocerie store it is just 500 meters from the hostel, I didnt know how you can't see it.....next time please open your eyes and explore better...