Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I have traveled to Peru before and I have stayed at many hostels but I still find Backpackers Family House to be my favorite. The staff is always helpful and friendly, the house is clean and safe. I always have a great time and meet interesting people here. Pedro is always the perfect host with his famous Pisco Sour drinks and all his tourist advice. I cant wait to go back. I look forward to seeing you again at the end of the year.

Hostal very pleasant, calm, and Well located. You feel good in this hotel!! I highlander recomend it. All the team is very helpful and cool. Spanish, english and french spoken, Perfect!!

• 10th Mar 2014

A quiet and pretty part of Miraflfores, just,a few minutes from the sea (down a lot of steps!) but good exercise for Macchu Pichu. The main door is security locked and lockers are provided for valuables. There is a well stocked kitchen and large dining area and terrace for communal breakfasts, dinners and chatting. Very friendly and kind staff, the bed was comfortable. This is not a party hostel but The lounge and terrace areas encourage everyone to mix in. Great for solo travellers.

• 5th Mar 2014

Nice small hostel on walking distance from Miraflores and the beach. English was a little bit of a problem but they tried. Good athmosphere! Onlything strange thing is that the prices they gave in the email for the pickup (100) were way to high, when the taxi droped us off the taxi the hostel arranged asked only 50.

Very nice atmosphere, I met a lot of travellers around my age and with Pedro we went out for nice party in Barranco. They just remodeling the hostel, new floor and painting. Helpful staff and unbeatable location 2 blocks from the beach. If you gonna stay in Lima, come here for sure!

Super nice location, with excellent staff, there was a BBQ with delicious hamburguers,steaks and peruvian sauces, Really nice atmosphere and good ocassion to meet young travellers and get social drinks!

• 21st Feb 2014

Great location, relaxed atmosphere. The staff was always ready to help me out with any questions I had. Gonzalo taught me loads about Peruvian culture and music and even helped me to plan my trip to his hometown Cuzco. And I met some really nice people when I was staying there. I will definitely go back to Family House next time I’m in Lima.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

This is a very nice hostel in Peru,. All the staff are really friendly and helpful, I could not expect more of this family house. I stayed one night before I traveled to Cusco, and I got good information about Cusco of the sweet girl (Valeria) who is working on reception. We rented bikes from hostel and visited different places in Lima, It was great day of my trip in Peru. I came bake to the hostel after 2 weeks traveling in Peru, relax and enjoy my time in this family house.

Great hostel, the owner Pedro & his staff are top folk. I would recommend this place.

great hostel and very safe... also perfect location in Lima ! high recomended!

All the staff at this hostel were extremely helpful and accommodating! I missed my flight and they were very helpful in helping me reorganize myself to get me to my destination!

• 4th Feb 2014

Nice social atmosphere in the hostel. Rooms could use more hooks and a mirror. Shower curtains should be longer to keep the water contained. Breakfast was good.

Safety,clean and really helpful staff. Close to the beach in a very nice neighborhood,surrounded by nice parks, bakery and restaurants.Highly recommend!

• 2nd Feb 2014

I loved my stay in Family House Backpackers. The location of the hostel is great in the middle of Miraflores, just a block away from the park and the beach and 5 minutes from nice bars, restaurants and shops. Although this place mostely has backpackers staying for a few nights I stayed for almost two weeks and met new, interesting and fun people every night. The couldn´t be better. Pedro, Gonzalo and all the others we´re amazingly friendly and helpfull all the time. Thanks so much!

• 27th Jan 2014