Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Great location, great staff, great atmosphere. Kitchen you can use, which is fantastic. The only bad part about my stay was the carpet in the back bedroom was a bit mouldy and in desperate need of replacement! I've stayed at three other hostels in Lima, this was by far my favourite.

I was very surprised when I got to the hostel because it was one of the Top 5 in hostel world reviews but I couldn't understand the reason. The hostel is an old house adapted for the guest place and very dirty. I asked to change from the bedroom that I was because the carpet was smelling. The bathroom was terrible (uncleaned and wet).

I'm sure you've confused the hotel, first the hostel is not an old house is a modern house and everything is just remodeled, second you made a reservation for shared room and in shared rooms there's no carpet, ,we have wodden floor there,and finally we have two housekeepers cleaning every day and keep the hostel clean and in good condition always. you made a mistake with hostel, please let this know Hostelworld to delete this comment ... thanks

This is my third trip to Lima and always enjoy staying at this great hostel. Great atmosphere.

The dorm room was big with plenty of space for peoples bags, the beds were comfortable and the showers were clean. Breakfast was good with plenty of bread and fruit juice. The staff were really helpful in giving us guidance on where to go, the sites to see, etc.

Great location but needs some work. This place is located in a great location in Miraflores, a 2 minute walk to the beachfront. Our private double room was standard but ok for the purpose of sleeping. The place needs some fixing. Light in the upstairs bathrm needs to be replaced. The bathroom floor is always wet so it is very slippery, especially at night. A new coat of paint on the walls would freshen up the place. Wifi does not work upstairs. No A/C in the room. Kitchen was ok but had ants

Super relaxed vibe and always people around to hang with and of course closed to the beach of all hostels. Breakfast with real coffee (no instant coffee as everywhere in Peru) and even avocado and dulce de leche next to of course marmelade and butter!

• 20th Mar 2014

I had an amazing stay in Miraflores thanks to Family backpacker. The atmosphere is so great I stayed 2 more nights than planned. The staff is super friendly and will make you feel better than home. Really nice place to meet people and spend some time surfing. Strongly recommend !

Staff was kind of rude to me after I checked out. Also was not the easiest place to meet people as a solo traveler. Nice beds

Great friendly hostal vibes. Great small breakfast room with communal table for connecting with fellow travellers. Valoria and Roberto were especially helpful. Hope I have names right. Having stayed in a party hostal immediately after can now appreciate what this hostal offers.

Very nice place, in a good location in miraflores, 10 min walk to centre of miraflores. Area felt safe even at night. Very helpfull staff. Staff strict with noise after 1030 so got sleep :) good social hostel. Highly recommend.

staff were really helpful and the hostel was in a great part of Lima. not a very social hostel everyone sort of keeps to themselves and there were no activities planned

I have traveled to Peru before and I have stayed at many hostels but I still find Backpackers Family House to be my favorite. The staff is always helpful and friendly, the house is clean and safe. I always have a great time and meet interesting people here. Pedro is always the perfect host with his famous Pisco Sour drinks and all his tourist advice. I cant wait to go back. I look forward to seeing you again at the end of the year.

Hostal very pleasant, calm, and Well located. You feel good in this hotel!! I highlander recomend it. All the team is very helpful and cool. Spanish, english and french spoken, Perfect!!

• 10th Mar 2014

A quiet and pretty part of Miraflfores, just,a few minutes from the sea (down a lot of steps!) but good exercise for Macchu Pichu. The main door is security locked and lockers are provided for valuables. There is a well stocked kitchen and large dining area and terrace for communal breakfasts, dinners and chatting. Very friendly and kind staff, the bed was comfortable. This is not a party hostel but The lounge and terrace areas encourage everyone to mix in. Great for solo travellers.

• 5th Mar 2014

Nice small hostel on walking distance from Miraflores and the beach. English was a little bit of a problem but they tried. Good athmosphere! Onlything strange thing is that the prices they gave in the email for the pickup (100) were way to high, when the taxi droped us off the taxi the hostel arranged asked only 50.

Very nice atmosphere, I met a lot of travellers around my age and with Pedro we went out for nice party in Barranco. They just remodeling the hostel, new floor and painting. Helpful staff and unbeatable location 2 blocks from the beach. If you gonna stay in Lima, come here for sure!

Super nice location, with excellent staff, there was a BBQ with delicious hamburguers,steaks and peruvian sauces, Really nice atmosphere and good ocassion to meet young travellers and get social drinks!

• 21st Feb 2014