Backpackers Family House Reviews

Juan Moore 304 (Reference block N� 11 Av. Pardo, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Nice little hostel with a laid back atmosphere which suits miraflores. Staff were friendly

This is the place that you have to visit and stay!....super helpful staff,, 2 nice ladys working hard to keep the hostel clean,bathrooms, rooms and all the house in perfect conditions, good breakfast with deliciuos avocado...and fantastic location, the neighborhoood is really great. Thumbs up!

• 11th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Backpackers Family House. The staff are very friendly and helpful. When we arrived, Pablo gave us a map and showed us things to do and how to get around Lima. The hostel's location in Miraflores is great, we felt very secure and loved visiting the park each morning that is located just down the street overlooking the ocean. All the amenities we needed were within easy walking distance and the Metropolitano transit to the city center is a short walk away.

• 7th May 2014
  • Panama

What an incredible experience!!..staff is really amazing, ,nice location close to everywhere, 2 blocks from the beach. Nice room and comfy bed....Good restaurants and bars close to the hostel. I will back in one week!

• 1st May 2014

This isn't a noisy hostel so a very good place to get some sleep (unless you have a snorer in your dorm).

Bathrooms were constantly dirty.

• 26th Apr 2014

We had a great time at BFH. Good location, laid back, smooth running. The staff let us hang out a week after we left before our bus to Huaraz! I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

This hostel is good. The only downside were the other guests inability to keep the shower curtains closed so the floor was always wet. There had been a slight mixup with our booking, but that was resolved quickly.

A very quiet hostel in good location. Sound hostel with no complaints

Super nice accomodation, we got really nice time. Excellent service, very clean room, helpful staff and Miraflores is more than we expected,modern, clean and the hostel is just 2 blocks from the beach, 5 stars backpacker's hostel!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

This is a nice hostel, but it's a bit further away from where the other, more sociable, hostels seem to be (near Kennedy park). The kitchen is fine and there is a nice outdoor sitting area, as well as a good TV area, but it's pretty quiet so if you are looking for a more sociable place it would be better to try Pariwana. The area of Miraflores is a nice place to stay though. Had a mix up with our bill which took SO long to sort out which was quite frustrating.

Not the biggest party hostel, but definitely a nice place to stay.

the staff is realy, realy good! for us, it is the best hostel in miraflores! thank you for everything!!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Excellent! Would stay again.

The family backpackers is a fantastic hostel. Personal pick up

• 4th Apr 2014

Great hostel, comfy common areas, good bathroom, beds a bit uncomfortable but ok, decent kitchen, breakfast and wifi, difficult to find location but I had a staff member come out to the street to help my lost taxi driver find it late at night which was hugely appreciated after a long flight. Great security. Close to the beach. Recommended :)

Great location, great staff, great atmosphere. Kitchen you can use, which is fantastic. The only bad part about my stay was the carpet in the back bedroom was a bit mouldy and in desperate need of replacement! I've stayed at three other hostels in Lima, this was by far my favourite.

I was very surprised when I got to the hostel because it was one of the Top 5 in hostel world reviews but I couldn't understand the reason. The hostel is an old house adapted for the guest place and very dirty. I asked to change from the bedroom that I was because the carpet was smelling. The bathroom was terrible (uncleaned and wet).

I'm sure you've confused the hotel, first the hostel is not an old house is a modern house and everything is just remodeled, second you made a reservation for shared room and in shared rooms there's no carpet, ,we have wodden floor there,and finally we have two housekeepers cleaning every day and keep the hostel clean and in good condition always. you made a mistake with hostel, please let this know Hostelworld to delete this comment ... thanks

This is my third trip to Lima and always enjoy staying at this great hostel. Great atmosphere.

The dorm room was big with plenty of space for peoples bags, the beds were comfortable and the showers were clean. Breakfast was good with plenty of bread and fruit juice. The staff were really helpful in giving us guidance on where to go, the sites to see, etc.