Backpackers Florence Central Reviews

Borgo Santa Croce,11, Florence, Italy

The location is horrible, it was really hard to find. I spent at least an hour and a half looking for it, I called the reception, but they couldn't help me with the directions. The facilities aren't that good, the rooms smelled weird, and there was a noise in the rooms that kept me up at night, I don't know what it was, but it was creepy. The beds are comfortable even though the place itself looks like someone's apartment.

It was horrible. They have heater which they don't operate. They gave us thin blanket. I felt like I was in freezing cold Alaska. I couldn't sleep well. Further, WiFi is really poor. Beds are awkward too. 2 storied beds but no stairs to go to the upper bed. I don't recommend.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Nepal

The location was bit out of nowhere in the small street. 30 mins walk from train stat. we had to ring the bell to call the staff. Unfortunately, the staff moved us to somewhere else because they said they have bigger room for 4people. It was 5mins further. There was no escalator.

staff very friendly and ready to help you Large, bright room, very clean, with minibar, tea, coffee and various snacks I recommend to all

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Moldova

best hotel I have ever stayed in, rather it's a hotel .. Large, bright room, very clean, with minibar, tea, coffee and various snacks sure I will return here I recommend to all

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Moldova

Really nice staff, great area close to everything

Perfect location and nice room. Unfortunately the heating system was off and hot water was not always present and my girlfriend really suffered these problems. Btw the staff was nice and helpful.

The hotel is well located, close to Santa Croce's church and to the River, close to Ufizi museum and to Ponte Vecchio. Nice neighborhood plenty of bars, restaurants, supermarkets. The structure of the hotel is simple, but clean. I think they could renew the reception that is very old and seem improvised. The reception staff are not very sympathetic. They don't like to open the door for the guests, once they have given us a key.

Room was very pretty but bed was missing all the slats in the middle of the bed so no support whatsoever. Hair dryer available but doesn't fit into the socket. No laundry service available. Very noisy in the hallway outside the rooms.

The hotel is well located, close to Santa Croce's church and to the River, close to Ufizzi museum and to Ponte Vecchio. Nice neighborhood plenty of bars, restaurants, supermarkets. The structure of the hotel is simple, but clean. I think they could renew the reception that is very old and seem improvised. The reception staff are not very sympathetic. They don't like to open the door for the guests, once they have given us a key.

The Hostel is kind of hided. You can't see any signs or anything it could help you to find the hostel. I walked with my mother for the street more than 20 minutes try to find. We asked in restaurants in the same street and nobody knew where is the hostel. The private room is good. The location is amazing, if you plan to go out at night to dinner or drink some wine and check out the city at night.

• 23rd Oct 2015

We had a wonderful stay and were well accommodated. However, there was no mention before we arrived that we would have to pay in cash and no indication for when we had to check-in. Prior notification would have been appreciated.

Right in the center of Florence and very easy to find. Clean rooms and friendly stuff

Located in the historical center, with all the sights in few minutes walking distance. Personnel was very nice, helped us a lot. Would definitely stay again there.

Loved our stay here - the room was fantastic and had a balcony ovoverlooking a courtyard. Having a pproper kitchen was a massive advantage too as we were on a budget and were making our own food. The fridge in the rooms was stocked with beer, soft drinks and water which was something we didn't expect!!! Overall it was great and we'll stay there when we come back!!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Lithuania

The staff was friendly and let us know where the locations for restaurant discounts.

• 25th Sep 2015

The hostel is ok. We were not advised our room was in a different building, so we had to walk to get there below a strong rain. That was the only problem.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Bit noisy at night into the early mornings as the hostel was next to a coffee bar

• 21st Sep 2015

I like everything... Room,staff and very central location.. thanks you

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

It is like a hotel, best place I stayed... the room it is beautiful and staff very helpful... recommended

• 18th Sep 2015