Backpackers Florence Central Reviews

Borgo Santa Croce,11, Florence, Italy

Hostel without charm. Staff a bit rude. Window and lights were broken on the room.

The male staff member behind the counter was astoundingly rude. My arrival seemed to be the biggest inconvenience to him. It really was a terrible first impression of Italy. Also be prepared to make your very large payment in cash. They don't take cards. The experience made me regret not booking with a real hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014

Although the hostel and its facilities were generally good the owner/duty manager was one of the least friendly people I have met while travelling. He made no attempts to ask us how our holiday was or to offer us much advice about Florence, and didn't take his eyes away from the game of FIFA he was playing when we attempted to ask him questions. We didn't even get the cava!

The community kitchen needed its fridge cleaned up, there were some strange smells originating from there La cucina comunità aveva bisogno il suo frigo pulito, ci sono stati alcuni strani odori provenienti da lì

We didn't actually stay in backpackers but the sister hostel riverbanks due to our bathroom being broken. This was dealt with extremely smoothly. It was quite hard to find and the map link they provided didn't work for me. However once you know where the location is spot on for sightseeing.

This hostel was warm and welcoming. The staff member was friendly and helpful. There was complimentary champagne waiting for us. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Florence!

• 26th Jul 2014

Location was good in the centre of Florence, Staff were helpful but their english wasn't the best. Not a hostel but more of a bed and breakfast without the breakfast. Not really any atmosphere and you have to pay extra for air conditioning.

Average hostel, Weird quiet vibe there but otherwise fine.

We appreciated the free bottle of champagne,and the location was truly amazing as it's close to the duomo,the train station and all other main sites.however I feel that it is overpriced slightly,and the staff weren't very helpful as we never saw them except for check-in and checkout.

This was a last minute booking and I really wasn't sure what to expect. What a pleasant surprise! Our room was huge and richly appointed, and there was even a bottle of complimentary champagne waiting for us. The location is right by the river and it can get extremely noisy at night, but I'd still stay here again.

We followed the route given by the staff to find the hostel and we got lost because the direction given was way too simple!

This hostel was very cute and felt like home. One of the staff members really needed a shower... I hate to be mean but the whole place started to smell bad. And I never got a receipt for the giant wad of cash I handed over, which I was uneasy about. Otherwise it was a good place to stay, not many people, clean, very cute.

Our room was "broken" but we received excellent accommodation. We plan use hostelworld.com in future.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Slovakia

The hostel was quite central and major sights where just in walking distance. At night the bar below the rooms was pretty noisy past midnight. As a welcoming gift we had a bottle of champagne in the room which was really cool. Unfortunately there were no fly screens in the rooms so we woke up with loads of mosquito bites!

it was the best hostel in firenze !!! the location , and staff and cleaniness was perfect. and our room was late like 15 min , just because of that that gave us a champagne :) they are so nice and helpfull :)

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Very nice place, great location right of Santa Croce. Not too many people staying, so it's not exactly a party hostel, but it's close to all of the sights in Florence. Understand that sometimes it's hard to get AC in Italian buildings, but wish there was a fan or something in the room. We had to leave the windows open at night and mosquitoes got in :/

Beutifull bedromm, usefull kitchen, good location and plus they give you a free bottle of champagne! Only thing the price on page was wrong and the guy of reception was not that friendly (girls were fine!), but still valuable!

dear guest, I'm sorry if you think so, but even if the price on the website was wrong, much less than it should be for that period, at your arrival we have not told us to pay the difference, we let the same price with which you have booked also for the other night ... and you wanted to stay in there longer we left at the same price (bass) and we have offered same kind of services as for those who book at the regular price thanks for all staff

The hostel provided free champagne which we didn't have time to drink. On the other hand, we had no hot water in the morning.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

dear guest, for hot water, you have to open the tap and wait a while, until it is hot water ... (because at the start and cold but after gets hot) thanks for all staff