Backpackers Florence Central Reviews

Borgo Santa Croce,11, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

The hostel provided free champagne which we didn't have time to drink. On the other hand, we had no hot water in the morning.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Very spacious, clean, comfortable bed and wi-fi works great. staff very friendly and available, we felt at home, I recommend to all

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Ukraine

Very central, in the historical center of Florence, very clean and staff was very nice, really recommend it!

Customer service was poor, we got an email saying that we could pay the rest on arrival but it didn't say cash only. We could not pay by card which was inconvenient. The guy then offered us to walk to a different hotel the next day to pay her colleague or pay at 12pm when he was there again. As we were there only 2 days I was not preparared The room was musty and the towels we hired for 2 euros each were thin so ripped when we hung then up. No ventilation so nothing could dry.

• 16th Oct 2013

I came there and the staff and atmosphere were so insecure to me that I decidee to go elsewhere although i already paíd 10%. I cant be more disappointed. It was horrible experience

yeeee haaaa great location. woooo

• 8th Aug 2013

From the beginning of our stay to its end, we didn't feel welcome. When we asked for advice or recommendations, we got the bare minimum.

• 11th Jul 2013

the guy was not very kind the room was in a mess

Staff were impressively rude, they would stare us down if they needed to use the kitchen. The people who run the hostel are also a large family who live in one room, my group and the other guests got a very strong impression that we were invading someones home and made to feel very guilty for it. Any request was returned with a, passive agressive/ sarcastic remark. Load music starts playing from their big room at 6am and guest are too scaed to say anything. Do not stay here if u want to enjoy..

Great location not too far from main attractions, supermarket and train station approx 20 min. Guy running the place was nice and let us keep our bags there after check out so we could walk aroumd the city. The floor was a little dirty ie dont walk around in bare feet but apart from that had a comfortable stay.

Staff a bit rude and unwelcoming. Walls paper thin and guests/staff could be heard through the night. Very good location, however. In walking distance of the whole city.

Nice place to stay, near Arno River and the historic center.

• 24th Jun 2013

Worst hostel I 've ever stayed at. Filthy and the staff was absolutely horrible. Do not stay here.

• 14th Jun 2013

I'll ask you same thing I asked your friends who broke the shower cabin: When the stuff was rude? When you came at 3.00 AM drunk and buzzed all neighbours' bells? While you had the keys. Or maybe when you were so drunk that you couldn't find your room? And made noise when were let in by staff. And again this question: If the hostel was so horrible why did you pay to stay one more day here? Because of the noise you and your friends made other guests left a bad review.

Staff was rude and could never be found. Good location. Cheap shower door not attached to shower and fell off and shattered when barely touched during first use. We were stuck paying 200 euros for this when it was their fault. The whole place smelled like mold and musty. Sheets on the bed were extremely questionable as well. No wifi in the room, had to stand in the hall for it. Do not stay here

• 14th Jun 2013

When the stuff was rude? When you came at 3.00 AM drunk and buzzed all neighbours' bells? While you had the keys. Or maybe when you were so drunk that you couldn't find your room? And made noise when were let in by staff. Or maybe when you managed to break a tempered glass shower door, which happens first time in my 10 years experience. (To repl. which we have to pay more than 200 € because the cabin is expensive) P.S. If the hostel was so horrible why did you pay to stay one more day here?

When I arrive the bathroom are very dirty and the toilet was a poop. After midnight the sound of the disco´s near disturb a lot. The comom area of hostel don´t smell good. The floor of my room was very dirty, and behind the painting of my room was full of bugs that seem ticks (the painting of the human criation of Da Vinci) during my second night stay a couple drunk made ​​noise for more than an hour and the staff did nothing DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL

Room was great but the sheet and the cover of the bed was not clean

It would be nice to have staff on the premises in case problems arise

If you are looking to meet a bunch of people and have activities lined up through hostel, this is not for you. However, if you need a nice room to stay in, central to everything, this is your place! The lady friend was ecstatic there were blow dryers in room.

Location is perfect. I never see again or did not know were the guy in charge was. There was a person around but he did not speak english. Warm water run out after some minutes.

no frills but reasonable location and price :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7