Backpackers Florence Central Reviews

Borgo Santa Croce,11, Florence, Italy

The hostel located in very old house with patio. Our room facing this patio had lack of sun, so it is very moist and cold. The heating was off despite cold evenings (it was the beginning of november); washed clothes had not dried up in 2 days. The bed was very cold and even a little wet, it was torture to go to bed. Energy saving bulb in the room needs up to 5 minutes to light up and till that time you find yourself in semi-darkness. Interior is pleasant. Location is very good, staff is OK.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Russia

Online, the hostel stated that we would be allowed to use our credit cards to make our payment. Upon arrival, the woman working at the front desk said we could not use our credit cards, eventually, she did say we could but charged us a fee to use our cards to pay. The staff only gave us one set of keys, the room locked from the inside. So, when we were all leaving at different times, I was locked inside my room and no one was working the front desk to let me out for two hours.

• 24th Oct 2014

dear guests, as it is written and on our web page, you can pay with your credit or debit cards but for this you have to pay extra 3%. every room is usually given one set of key, when there are 2 or 3 people, but if you want you can ask for more and we'll give as many sets as you want key. and if your friend at 6 am, you closed the room is not our fault. when we have sent the message to open the room, we immediately came and opened. please if you need anything you have to ask thanks,staff

Amazing room. Clean and little details made a pleasant journey. The room is quite because of the club in the same street. Great location close to main attractions It's probably a b&b more than a hostel as there wasn't staff available if you had any query.

Somewhat noisy rooms on the street, but with good bathroom facilities. Excellent location near Santa Croce piazza and within easy walking to some major sites, the Arno and the local supermarket. Good restaurants and all facilities available in the area.

Stayed with family in family room (6 persons). Being Friday

Great location, very, very nice room! You can hear noise from people in the street during the night - we didn't mind but some people might not be able to sleep. The hostel reception/office didn't seem very professional (at all), but the manager is really, really nice!

The best thing about the stay was the location, very close to turistic spots, small -and not so expensive- restaurants and bars. we were able to walk from there to all turistic spots. However, the staff was rather rude (specially the guy) with us, our room wasn't cleaned during our three day stay, the shared bathroom was a little disgusting

We were very pleased with the service. We booked the wrong dates and we realized that when we got to Florence. The staff turned the reception room into a private bed room for us in a few hours.

Hostel without charm. Staff a bit rude. Window and lights were broken on the room.

The male staff member behind the counter was astoundingly rude. My arrival seemed to be the biggest inconvenience to him. It really was a terrible first impression of Italy. Also be prepared to make your very large payment in cash. They don't take cards. The experience made me regret not booking with a real hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014

Although the hostel and its facilities were generally good the owner/duty manager was one of the least friendly people I have met while travelling. He made no attempts to ask us how our holiday was or to offer us much advice about Florence, and didn't take his eyes away from the game of FIFA he was playing when we attempted to ask him questions. We didn't even get the cava!

The community kitchen needed its fridge cleaned up, there were some strange smells originating from there La cucina comunità aveva bisogno il suo frigo pulito, ci sono stati alcuni strani odori provenienti da lì

We didn't actually stay in backpackers but the sister hostel riverbanks due to our bathroom being broken. This was dealt with extremely smoothly. It was quite hard to find and the map link they provided didn't work for me. However once you know where the location is spot on for sightseeing.

This hostel was warm and welcoming. The staff member was friendly and helpful. There was complimentary champagne waiting for us. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Florence!

• 26th Jul 2014

Location was good in the centre of Florence, Staff were helpful but their english wasn't the best. Not a hostel but more of a bed and breakfast without the breakfast. Not really any atmosphere and you have to pay extra for air conditioning.

Average hostel, Weird quiet vibe there but otherwise fine.

We appreciated the free bottle of champagne,and the location was truly amazing as it's close to the duomo,the train station and all other main sites.however I feel that it is overpriced slightly,and the staff weren't very helpful as we never saw them except for check-in and checkout.

This was a last minute booking and I really wasn't sure what to expect. What a pleasant surprise! Our room was huge and richly appointed, and there was even a bottle of complimentary champagne waiting for us. The location is right by the river and it can get extremely noisy at night, but I'd still stay here again.

We followed the route given by the staff to find the hostel and we got lost because the direction given was way too simple!

This hostel was very cute and felt like home. One of the staff members really needed a shower... I hate to be mean but the whole place started to smell bad. And I never got a receipt for the giant wad of cash I handed over, which I was uneasy about. Otherwise it was a good place to stay, not many people, clean, very cute.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7