Backpackers Garden Hostel Reviews

028 Sihome Road, Vientiane, Laos

I gave this hostel an excellent for atmosphere even though it harbored a miscreant. The thief clearly wanted it because is was one of a kind -- from Easter Island/Rapa Nui. I have stayed at hostels for nigh on half a century; this is only the third theft. Shaw wisely said 'Hell is other people.' How sad that that is true of SOME travelers. Great hostel, though, in a charming Mekong-side city.

Really nice hostel however we only had a super quick stay here for one night on our way through Vientiane. I would defo recommend to stay here for one night or longer, the staff are really nice and friendly and the facilities and beds are good, reasonable price and good location!

I asked them to do my laundry (chargeable service as in any other hostel) and they damaged my shorts. No one knew how it happened. They ended up refunding the fee.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were really lovely and helpful. The dorms were fine with good air conditioning. The bunk beds were not as stable as I would have liked.

Staff were nice and friendly. Although i was waiting for free breakfast one time and when i checked she accused me of being late. I let it go and went to a nice bakery instead. Dorms dont have locks on the doors. Air con is great. Wasnt a vibe as its low season but a good place to get your head down and plan stuff. Showers are good too. If you are booking a bus do it in town. Its cheaper than the hostel price. If stay again if passing through.