7.6
Very Good 238 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 238 Total Reviews
Backpackers Garden Hostel Located at 028 Sihome Road, , Vientiane.
Laos
Vientiane 028 Sihome Road
76% 238
17.9699362 102.5997948
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Oct 2016
7.1

Staff are incredible friendly, they definitely increase my rating of this hostel greatly. Really good location also, I originally only came to stay for 1 night but due to public holidays taking place I ended up having to stay 4 nights to wait for my visa to be processed. Close to everything I needed (apart from the visa office) Rooms are fine, basic but did the job. The only real negative comment is security. No locks on rooms so anyone is free to wonder in and out. Keep belongings safe!

7th Oct 2016
4.3

On arrival I waited 5 minutes at reception before any staff were available and I was then charged a surplus for paying in Kip. Only 2 showers for all the dorms and one of them was broken. Not dirty but not clean. Staff are rarely available to get information, book bus tickets etc and no atmosphere in tired looking communal area. Further away from the main sights than other hostels too. Avoid if you can.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
2nd Oct 2016
8.0

Great location for everything you want to see in vientiane but if you're there for the Thai embassy, it's quite far away and a taxi is about 50000kip. The breakfast in the morning was great and the staff were lovely. You can book buses to anywhere and you get picked up from the hostel which is great. Only issue is the rooms don't lock but I had no problems!

• davehazzan8231
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
2nd Oct 2016
7.4

Pretty good overall, and the price is certainly right. But the bed wasn't terribly comfortable and the room had a bit of a damp smell. But good for the price.

• USA, Female, 18-24
30th Sep 2016

PROs: Very sweet, very helpful staff. Breakfast is free and hot. Relatively clean - I witnessed both women vacuuming and sweeping the floors multiple times a day, despite this the whole place felt dingy. Beds are changed regularly. Quiet and chill. CONs: Anyone can walk in and out of the hostel at any time, as a woman I felt a little iffy leaving my stuff behind, especially since the all-women's dorm room has no lock. The hostel is not centrally located. Watch out for those lizards at night!

28th Sep 2016
7.7

Nice size room with good air con but got quite noisy with building work outside. Hostel owners are friendly but it took me a very long time to get them to understand when I needed to go to a pharmacy but we got there in the end! Nice social area but not many people around when i was there.

• England, Couple, 25-30
25th Sep 2016
7.4

The staff were helpful but we couldn't lock our room that was very basic, at least there were lockers for your valuables. Overall ok: you get what you pay for.

23rd Sep 2016

This is definitely a serviceable place to stay if you're staying in Vientiane for 2-3 days. Friendly staff, solid free breakfast, and rooms and bathrooms are sanitary enough. It's not in the most exciting neighborhood, about a 10-15 minute walk from the main touristy waterfront area. Also, I booked a private room and the bed was one of the hardest I've slept on. They offer bicycle rental, bus and train services, and there's a spacious hangout area down by the lobby and outside.

• France, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Sep 2016

Amazing feel in this hostel, so beautifully decorated, staff was so nice and helpful!! We had a great stay here, breakfast is really good! Great value for money!

• Scotland, Couple, 18-24
15th Jul 2016
2.0

I booked for a private twin room for one night and when I arrived at the hostel they told me that all of their private rooms were full even though I had booked well in advance! When I told them I booked a private through hostel world they told me you cannot book a private there. This was disorganised and unacceptable!! I had to leave and find another hostel that had private rooms available, it was more costly and the hostel we ended up staying in was not the nicest place. So disappointed.