Backpackers Garden Hostel Reviews

028 Sihome Road, Vientiane, Laos

Amazing stuff and the owner is very helpful and nice. Nice atmosphere, very cheap price.

this hostel has never better, I had nothing to complain about it. Fab hostel

Ok hostel, was a little bit dirty for my liking (particularly the bathrooms). Great price though so cannot really complain :)

Finding that breakfast was Included was a pleasant surprise, and although the rooms had no locks, I never felt at risk as fellow travellers were all decent folk. Would stay agian if I return to the city. Above all, excellent value for money - always my prime consideration.

• 7th Feb 2015

An adequate place to stay, Has potential it hasn't realised. Plenty of outdoor space not being used. (Hostel over the road stuck a pool in their garden) security is poor. I had a Broken locker and dorm doesn't lock. I thought the breakfast was very good. This place can actually perfectly poach an egg, or fry one without it tasting like fish oil!

Nice place, good food and nice hangout area downstairs. Slight walk to town but not really that far and walking is always nice. Beds really hard but if you're into that, that's cool

Amaaaazing job guys. You keep te hostel looking great and with an awesome energetic athmosophere. I loved my stay here!!!

Beds are very hard. Wifi is good, showers are hot and the loo has toilet paper. Free breakfast and really friendly and fun staff.

Great staff, great atmosphere, and decent breakfast:)

Breakfast is very good, considering the price. Great friendly staff and REALLY good showers. Wifi is perfect but location is a bit out from the Vientiane sights.

A long way out of town compared to other hostels of similar price. Consider the well located Ventiane Backpackers hostel which is better located and better quality or the Sihome Backpackers hostel which is very nice but a little further out of town. The dorm rooms were like windowless garages, the toilets and showers were disgusting and the room doors had to be left unlocked. Not sure where the eponymous garden in the name comes from, it's more a concrete patch. Cheap if you're on a budget.

I enjoyed my stay at Backpackers Garden Hostel. I think it was good value, clean and spacious rooms with friendly staff.