Backpackers Garden Hostel Reviews

028 Sihome Road, Vientiane, Laos

Great place to stay. A really good atmosphere and as a result I ended up adding 2 more nights. Could have easily stayed here for over a week!

Great atmosphere, staff and lounge area. I loved lana the dog the most :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Had a good time there staff r so nice and helpful, thx a lot, recommend !

It was very cheap

Perfect place if you are in for good atmosphere. Had a lovely day playing badminton at the court on the hostel (although I did loose against the staff). But then again I did get some free beers to drown my sorrows. Truly recommend the place and was more than satisfied with my two nights.

as a regular globe trotter sihome gardens is one of the best hostels i have ever stayed. the staff were amazing helping me with visa applications and making the effort to actually get to know you without getting in your face all the time. its the small things that make the difference they learn your first name, the vibe of the place is just amazing the moment i walked in i felt at home and amoungst friends which is a rare thing and the amazing artwork all around the place always gives you someth

• 10th Jun 2014

I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, in particular David. He went out of his way to help me. The atmosphere was great and I really enjoyed my stay.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

At the time of my stay it was exactly the rest haven I needed before exiting the country - staff and other backpackers were very respectful of those of us sleeping odd hours in the dormitory, free wifi was available as long as the power was (there was one power outage, but I'd grown accustomed to the country's developing availability of wireless services...), and there was just as much socializing as you wanted. Good vibe.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Owner is friendly and helpful with the informations and arrangement on the transportation. Just a bit of the distance from the Main Street and abit dark to walk back for a solo female traveller. Overall was good.

Incredible current staff. Very helpful with directions around the city, and very friendly to hang out with as well. I had a 8pm flight and the managers were nice enough to let me relax at the hostel for the remainder of the day after I had checked out. Very nice people!

• 17th May 2014

I highly advise against staying at shihome packers garden. As a female backpackers safety is always a concern. We were not even given a key to our room and the door was left unlocked all night. The whole place had a strange vibe about it. To top it off there was only one bathroom to service the entire facilty.

• 6th May 2014
  • sarahnosliw
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much for two great stays in Vientienne. Your staff were friendly and helpful. we really appreciated such great service (and the air conditioned room..!) will recommended to anyone I know with the capital as a stop along the way.

• 3rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Rooms were clean and had a/c, atmosphere was great and the breakfast choices excellent. BUT there aren't enough bathrooms for guests, the bins in the bathrooms are not checked throughout the day and can get full to overflowing and there is only one mirror in the bathrooms provided.

If you are not expecting much for that price, you will be fine. My bed had bedbugs and It was to late to move to another hostel so I had to stay.

Great staff, super friendly. This place has a movie room too, good to chill out in.

You are a target. The staff will do their best to make money out of you.

• 15th Apr 2014

We did not get any but on our second night four rooms on our floor we being fumigated and people had moved out becaus of bedbugs, but it seems it is a problem in the entire city.

Breakfast, staff, and dorms were great. It's a far walk to any decent food/sights outside of the hostel. The drinks were a little overpriced.

Staff were amazing. Really fun hostel. Good breakfast. 15min walk from the night market.

Pretty nice place to stay, ridiculously friendly and social staff. Nice place to chill out with movie room, hammock, communal tables etc. Rooms pretty good though could do with a mosquito coil! Bathrooms could also be better, and the massive outdoor space feels a bit wasted - not so much a garden as a concrete shed with washing lines.