Backpackers Garden Hostel Reviews

028 Sihome Road, Vientiane, Laos

Quite a lovely place with very nice and helpful staff and good breakfast. The cleanliness could be improved though. My friend had a sticky plate or something in her locker which got stuck on her backpack. There was trash in the lockers, too and one was broken. But still a good place to stay at!

Stayed 2 nights at the 8 bed dorm and enjoyed it a lot. Basic rooms and bathrooms but very friendly staff and they'll do everything to make you feel good. Social area with tv room and breakfast was the best i had during my travels. Absolutely worth the money. Thanks!

Booked 2 nights, stayed 1. Rats got into our room due to a MASSIVE gap under our door (

• 12th Aug 2014

Really had a fantastic time staying here- great atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff. Great value too! Would recommend :)

• 11th Aug 2014

I couldn't have been happier with my stay at Backpackers Garden. The super helpful staff, delicious and huge free breakfast, movie room and amazing people made my stay super memorable. There isn't a better place to stay during your time on Vientiane!

• 4th Aug 2014

Best hostel in Vientiane! The staff are amazing the rooms are great, huge lockers, and the walls are beautifully decorated all around. Close to the main road but in a laid-back quiet location.

Was cheap and cheerful :) only stayed over night but staff were fab!

One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in. Between free breakfasts, a great movie room, lots of lounging space, a staff of almost only other backpackers, and walls entirely painted by guests, the overall vibe of this hostel is one that is hard to match. Probably the biggest downside is that the hostel is in Vientiane, a pretty boring city. Beds could be bigger and more showers might be nice, but I highly recommend this place regardless.

• 27th Jul 2014

The free breakfast here is amazing! The staff are super friendly and the atmosphere is just lovely. Not much more to say really - beds comfy, bathrooms clean, wifi works.....great value for money and like a little home from home in Laos.

Great place to stay. A really good atmosphere and as a result I ended up adding 2 more nights. Could have easily stayed here for over a week!

Great atmosphere, staff and lounge area. I loved lana the dog the most :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Had a good time there staff r so nice and helpful, thx a lot, recommend !

It was very cheap

Perfect place if you are in for good atmosphere. Had a lovely day playing badminton at the court on the hostel (although I did loose against the staff). But then again I did get some free beers to drown my sorrows. Truly recommend the place and was more than satisfied with my two nights.

as a regular globe trotter sihome gardens is one of the best hostels i have ever stayed. the staff were amazing helping me with visa applications and making the effort to actually get to know you without getting in your face all the time. its the small things that make the difference they learn your first name, the vibe of the place is just amazing the moment i walked in i felt at home and amoungst friends which is a rare thing and the amazing artwork all around the place always gives you someth

• 10th Jun 2014

I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, in particular David. He went out of his way to help me. The atmosphere was great and I really enjoyed my stay.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

At the time of my stay it was exactly the rest haven I needed before exiting the country - staff and other backpackers were very respectful of those of us sleeping odd hours in the dormitory, free wifi was available as long as the power was (there was one power outage, but I'd grown accustomed to the country's developing availability of wireless services...), and there was just as much socializing as you wanted. Good vibe.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Owner is friendly and helpful with the informations and arrangement on the transportation. Just a bit of the distance from the Main Street and abit dark to walk back for a solo female traveller. Overall was good.

Incredible current staff. Very helpful with directions around the city, and very friendly to hang out with as well. I had a 8pm flight and the managers were nice enough to let me relax at the hostel for the remainder of the day after I had checked out. Very nice people!

• 17th May 2014

I highly advise against staying at shihome packers garden. As a female backpackers safety is always a concern. We were not even given a key to our room and the door was left unlocked all night. The whole place had a strange vibe about it. To top it off there was only one bathroom to service the entire facilty.

• 6th May 2014