Backpackers Garden Hostel Reviews

028 Sihome Road, Vientiane, Laos

This is the chillest hostel I've ever stayed in, great for meeting people, and the staff is just wonderful! One woman woke up early to make me breakfast before I left! If you want to party hard, probably look elsewhere, but if you want to have a few beers and meet some cool people, this place is for you!

• 24th Sep 2015

Friendly staff, guesthouse is designed with a space to relax outside the dorm. The signboard Backpackers Hostel is quite hard to find on the road, maybe a little bit redesign to help tourist easily locate it.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Philippines

I gave this hostel an excellent for atmosphere even though it harbored a miscreant. The thief clearly wanted it because is was one of a kind -- from Easter Island/Rapa Nui. I have stayed at hostels for nigh on half a century; this is only the third theft. Shaw wisely said 'Hell is other people.' How sad that that is true of SOME travelers. Great hostel, though, in a charming Mekong-side city.

Great staff: very friendly and helpful! They prepared a little party with food and drinks when they discovered it was my birthday. Met lots of nice people there. There are places for people to chill and chat together.

Really nice hostel however we only had a super quick stay here for one night on our way through Vientiane. I would defo recommend to stay here for one night or longer, the staff are really nice and friendly and the facilities and beds are good, reasonable price and good location!

I asked them to do my laundry (chargeable service as in any other hostel) and they damaged my shorts. No one knew how it happened. They ended up refunding the fee.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were really lovely and helpful. The dorms were fine with good air conditioning. The bunk beds were not as stable as I would have liked.

Staff were nice and friendly. Although i was waiting for free breakfast one time and when i checked she accused me of being late. I let it go and went to a nice bakery instead. Dorms dont have locks on the doors. Air con is great. Wasnt a vibe as its low season but a good place to get your head down and plan stuff. Showers are good too. If you are booking a bus do it in town. Its cheaper than the hostel price. If stay again if passing through.