Backpackers Göteborg Reviews

Vegagatan 19, (Check in at Vegagatan 21), Gothenburg, Sweden

Overall excellent hostel. I did, however, have a very difficult time getting into and out of the upper bunk in my dorm. The lower ones were already taken by the time I arrived, and I didn't stay there long enough to make it worth the effort to change bunks once the lower ones became available. The Internet connection also could have been better. I kept getting knocked off the Internet. Positive: I loved the privacy curtain on my upper bunk, breakfast was delicious, and staff was friendly.

The dorm is 10 meters from the traffic street so it was very noisy. The staff was wunderfull - trying to fix the problem with the noisy doors imidiately.

Over all, the stay was okay but the prices were inadequately high through Goliath Cup. Anyway, the cleaning personnel did not do a good job - there was an old bubblegum plastered to my bed as well as an old book lying in it. The rest of the cleaning was reasonably well, though one day there was toilet paper missing for half the day in the bathrooms. The one thing I especially want to compliment for was the excellent breakfast buffet, which really surprised me with it's quality and range of food

• 14th Jul 2014

Stayed here one night only. Didn't seem to be any problems. The hostel was full, everyone seemed pleased. It's far from the train station, the only problem

Very nice large Kitchen for your own cooking.

As I failed to book a room in a hotel I booked a bed in a dormitory room for 16 people. This was quite extreme and I would not recommend staying in such a place longer than for a night. The place itself was fine. I had to buy a padlock in order to close my stuff in a cupboard. Perhaps I missed something description of the room but the staff at the reception didn't tell me about it at my arrival. The toilets were clean, the kitchen was well equipped (wash the dishes before using them!).

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Poland

I liked the hostel very much. the faciilities were clean and the kitchen is nice and well equipped. But what I definitely would not recommend is to sleep in the women´s dormitory. There´s a lady who lives there (cleaning lady) who snores terribly loud. It made my nights and these of the others (and I stayed more than one) terrible and sleepless. We talked to the receptionist and I hope that the lovely snoring lady was moved into a single room. But everything else is really nice in this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014

Thank you for the nice review. The guest who snored no longer stays here.

Nice hostel with everything you would need!

Everything was very good, the poor lad on reception even carried my 30kg bag up 2 flights of stairs (a very kind gesture at the end of a long day). The only complaint was the resident cleaning lady who stayed in the female dorm, she snored very loudly and for light sleepers it's a big problem. Top bunks don't have rails and are difficult to get into but it's not really an issue if you aren't a sleepwalker. Otherwise, the bathrooms where quite clean and the kitchen is very well equipped.

Bit out of the way from the centre of town. It is in a nice area with shops and such, but just not very near the centre of town. Other than that it's a nice place. Just make sure they don't charge you for linen if you're staying in a 12 or 14 bed dorm as it says it's free on the website but some people got charged.

Thank you for the review. The linnen is only included on some booking sites, this one for example.

It was in a good location, but the place it self was horrible. You had to pay extra for things that should be accomodated Such as bed sheets, towels and soap and much more. Wasnt so clean either

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

this a really quiet and nice place to stay in Göteborg, very central. Nice common kitchen, good atmosphere, breakfast at the next door Slottsgarden vandrarhem is definitely worth to take to start a good day. I just noticed the really noisy hand dryer in the bathroom (groundfloor) that you could hear from the room (not so nice during the night), which could easlily be replaced by paper towels.

• 12th Jun 2014

Hello and thank you for a great review. We have stopped using paper towels for environmental purposes.

Very good and convenient. Staff are very friendly and kitchen facilities were great. I will come back and stay if my plan brings me back to Gothenburg.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Beds were great, linens are included in the 12 person rooms, facilities are nice and clean (there are individual bathrooms with each a shower, sink and shower!) and each bed gets their own outlet and light! The only things I didn't like is that the dorm rooms are separate from the main building (just across a parking lot though) and one of my friends in the male dorm had a very difficult ladder to climb on his bunk. Otherwise our stay was great!

Really nice hostel with good shared facilities.

Just loved the hostel, location and everything. The staff is really helpful and the atmosphere there were great. I met a lot of people there, which was really nice. The kitchen is good as well.

Hostel is really great! The kitchen facilities were totally helpful. Only one thing was annoying, the cleaning lady from CZ which sleeps in the 12 bed dorm of the ladies is snoring really loudly all night long. There is no sleep possible without earplugs! This makes the nights really hard, also the hostel all in all is really comfy and great!

Clean place, the kitchen/lounge in the backpacker's area is quite nice. Can't comment on the extra breakfast (supermarket down the road), but others said it was excellent. The location is a bit out of the way up a hill, but it's easy enough to get there, and Gothenburg is quite walkable anyway. My dorm bed didn't have a locker drawer, but one of those metal ones instead, which was quite loud. This could be improved, especially considering that the stay wasn't cheap.

Nothing negative about this place!

Awesome people working there ! Thank you very much from Québec :)

• 7th May 2014