Backpackers Göteborg

Fabulous 1137 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2017
7.7

Backpackers Gothenburg was a lovely hostel to stay in for a short break in the city. Easy connections to the airport and main city meant that getting around was really easy and straightforward. Comfortable beds, good showers an kitchen facilities.

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Mar 2017
8.0

Nice hostel but split over two different buildings and communal areas feel a little segregated. Please also be aware that the price does not include a SEK 65 per person for bed linen (even in the private rooms). Apparently this is common in Sweden but not something I have come across anywhere else in the world. Shower facilities and wifi excellent! Overall a good hostel but also stayed in much better.

Hell9o and thank you for you comments and your review! Welcome back! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

6th Mar 2017

Can't review the actual hostel because haven't stayed here yet but I accidentally booked the wrong data via hostel world. When I contacted hostel world I was told I would have to cancel my booking (and lose my deposit). However, I email the hostel and they replied within minutes, changing my reservation without a problem. Wonderful customer service!

Hello and thank you for your kind words! Looking forward to meeting you! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

9th Feb 2017

Overall, my experience in this hostel was great. Super friendly staff with a good facility that works really well for all travelers. The location is really close to the old neighborhood of Haga which is a must visit and one of my favorite spots in Göteborg. Thank you Backpackers for the excellent hospitality! :)

Hello and thank you for your kind words! Hope to see you with us again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

4th Feb 2017
5.7

Dorm smelt like urine and dirty feet. Location isn't great quite far from the central station. Dorm was really dirty as well which isn't the staffs fault but the people that were staying there at the time must have just been much more untidy people to what I am used to in hostels. It's a hotel in one building as well as a hostel in the other and it seems like the attention to detail is much more towards the hotel side.

Hello and thank you for your comments and your review! Sorry to hear that you found it messy and that we couldn't live up to your expectations! We do clean in the dormitorys everyday, but it can get messy pretty fast I'm afraid if the people staying in there are messy as well. It takes about 10 minutes to the central station with the public transports! Hope to see you with us again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

If you're in Gothenburg alone then I'd highly recommend Backpackers. They really make the effort with everyone through very regular social events ran by their highly approachable staff! It is also one of the cheapest places to stay and has all the facilities you require.

Hello and thank you for your kind words! Glad to hear that you enjoyed our social activities! Hope to see you again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

1st Feb 2017

I had a great time here. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. It was also great having events run by the hostel every night. Francesco brought the guests with gusto and made the nights enjoyable!

Hello and thank you for your nice words! Glad to hear that you enjoyed our social activities! Hope to see you with us again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 31-40
31st Jan 2017
6.6

Dated, dodgy little beds, not for the claustrophobic, gender assigned dorms, not for the anyone gender neutral, not built for socialising, probably would have spent a little extra to get something better.

Hello and thank you for your comments! We do have smaller dorm rooms that are mixed wich is possible to book as well. Welcome back! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

This was an amazing hostel with excellent, clean facilities. The staff at reception were very kind and helpful. I stayed in the girls' dormitory and it was very quiet and peaceful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it.

Hi Camille! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! You are more than welcome back to us! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

19th Jan 2017

Good hostel - great facilities, clean and very quiet.

Hi! Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you with us again soon! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg