Backpackers Göteborg Reviews

Vegagatan 19, (Check in at Vegagatan 21), Gothenburg, Sweden

Reception lady was really lovely and helpful. Other than a lack of forks in the kitchen when we first arrived we had no issues at all and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• 5th Sep 2014

I like hostels because they offer reasonable prices with extras like a kitchen...this location met all my basic needs...I did not find any negatives in my stay...if you need a private room then obviously a hostel is not the right place...I would stay again...

The staff was really nice, polite and helpful. The bed was really confortable. In general, a really good place.

Thank you for a lovely stay-a quiet and clean hostel that had evrything a weary traveller needs!

• 22nd Aug 2014

It was the best hostel i´ve ever been. The staff was super friendly the kitchen was good to cook and the 2 person room was worth its money. I will come there for a second time.

I enjoyed staying here. It was clean, although I wondered how clean since guests are required to clean it themselves. The breakfast was really great and it had a sauna which was great after 2 straight days of rain. The atmosphere was quiet and, in my opinion, not ideal for meeting people. Overall I had a good stay there.

Very nice hostel: clean, friendly and helpful staff, everything is new, in good state, and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Good place to meet other travellers. There were plenty of bathrooms/showers and they were always clean. The only things I was missing: the promised curtains on the bunks (they were there in the male dorm but not the female) and a comfy couch in the sitting area. P.s. loved the sauna! It's free between 17.00 and 20.00 every day

• 20th Aug 2014

A really fun, welcoming backpackers. I ended up staying for an additional night after meeting some awesome people! Good location and facilities.

Hello Thank you for the nice comments! /the Staff

Vacuuming your own room?

In general it is a very nice hostel. As it was written down, you have to pay for your bedlinen and breakfast. But you also had to pay if you wanted to wash your clothes, or if you hadn't cleaned your room properly on the last day. So, for us there were unexpected hidden costs. But the staff was amazingly helpful!

Overall excellent hostel. I did, however, have a very difficult time getting into and out of the upper bunk in my dorm. The lower ones were already taken by the time I arrived, and I didn't stay there long enough to make it worth the effort to change bunks once the lower ones became available. The Internet connection also could have been better. I kept getting knocked off the Internet. Positive: I loved the privacy curtain on my upper bunk, breakfast was delicious, and staff was friendly.

The dorm is 10 meters from the traffic street so it was very noisy. The staff was wunderfull - trying to fix the problem with the noisy doors imidiately.

Hi Thank you for the praise, we do try. The central part of Göteborg, is a bit noisy, but when you live in the city you get used to it.

Over all, the stay was okay but the prices were inadequately high through Goliath Cup. Anyway, the cleaning personnel did not do a good job - there was an old bubblegum plastered to my bed as well as an old book lying in it. The rest of the cleaning was reasonably well, though one day there was toilet paper missing for half the day in the bathrooms. The one thing I especially want to compliment for was the excellent breakfast buffet, which really surprised me with it's quality and range of food

• 14th Jul 2014

Hello thank you we are rather proud of our breakfast. The Cup was an ordeal for our cleaning staff. It is usually much better.

Stayed here one night only. Didn't seem to be any problems. The hostel was full, everyone seemed pleased. It's far from the train station, the only problem

Very nice large Kitchen for your own cooking.

As I failed to book a room in a hotel I booked a bed in a dormitory room for 16 people. This was quite extreme and I would not recommend staying in such a place longer than for a night. The place itself was fine. I had to buy a padlock in order to close my stuff in a cupboard. Perhaps I missed something description of the room but the staff at the reception didn't tell me about it at my arrival. The toilets were clean, the kitchen was well equipped (wash the dishes before using them!).

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Poland

I liked the hostel very much. the faciilities were clean and the kitchen is nice and well equipped. But what I definitely would not recommend is to sleep in the women´s dormitory. There´s a lady who lives there (cleaning lady) who snores terribly loud. It made my nights and these of the others (and I stayed more than one) terrible and sleepless. We talked to the receptionist and I hope that the lovely snoring lady was moved into a single room. But everything else is really nice in this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014

Thank you for the nice review. The guest who snored no longer stays here.

Nice hostel with everything you would need!

Everything was very good, the poor lad on reception even carried my 30kg bag up 2 flights of stairs (a very kind gesture at the end of a long day). The only complaint was the resident cleaning lady who stayed in the female dorm, she snored very loudly and for light sleepers it's a big problem. Top bunks don't have rails and are difficult to get into but it's not really an issue if you aren't a sleepwalker. Otherwise, the bathrooms where quite clean and the kitchen is very well equipped.

Bit out of the way from the centre of town. It is in a nice area with shops and such, but just not very near the centre of town. Other than that it's a nice place. Just make sure they don't charge you for linen if you're staying in a 12 or 14 bed dorm as it says it's free on the website but some people got charged.

Thank you for the review. The linnen is only included on some booking sites, this one for example.