Backpackers Göteborg

8.4
Fabulous 1241 Total Reviews

19th Jul 2017
4.6

This is not you typically fun funky hostel at all, in fact we actually only saw one young person. It's all old people and families. Sheets are an extra fee and you put them on yourself. Room was tiny and the top bunk was so small it's claustrophobic. Staff were unhelpful and lack enthusiasm. Kitchen needs to be cleaned. Most of our food was stolen out of the fridge. Never going back here.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017
8.0

Good things: comfy bed, enough lockers, plenty of clean showers, nice common area with a relaxed atmosphere Bad things: kinda far from the centre, the dorm was a little small

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

Great hostel in an excellent location. The tram stop is two blocks away, however you can easily walk to the city center. Also vey close to the botanical gardens. Really enjoyed the facilities and the female dorm was as advertised - large room and felt like you had amply privacy due to the curtains on each of the bunks. Didn't need to purchase breakfast as the kitchen was well equipped, so I prepared all of my own meals. Other hostel guests were really friendly, and there were lots of activities.

• Turkey, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

The shared place and the kitchen feels like home. Atmosphere is really good. Especially the activities. I had a chance to go to the barbecue and karaoke bar without karaoke because the bar cancelled it. But that was okay I met a lot of people and had interesting conversations. And every hostel needs a curtain over the beds like this place. And the staff was great. I had asked so many questions about the city and they answered all really good. I recommend this place.

7th Jul 2017

Great hostel - had a small, well-equipped kitchen, bunk beds with CURTAINS, and was located walking distance from the beautiful Slottskogen park and Haga neighborhood.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
7.4

Overall good facility and reception staff were awesome. I was really excited for the organized events I read about by Francesco, yet I was very disappointed. I would not recommend this hostel for young adults or solo travellers. I signed up for the picnic and pub crawl. Francesco was rude and unapproachable and seemed more interested in planning his own arrangements for the next day. On the pub crawl he took us to ONE bar and then LEFT before midnight with his own friends.

Hello and thank you for your comments! Sorry to hear about the social events, as far as I know this have not happened before! Hope to see you again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

• England, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

Had a great time here, everyone was super friendly and made some great friends. The events that go on most days the week on evening with Francesco were great for mingling and exploring the city even more.

Hello and thank you for your kind words! Glad to hear that you enjoyed our social activities! Hope to see you again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

1st Jul 2017

Good for meeting people. Right near to park. Social kitchen area. Cramped but cosy. Clean fairly quiet.

Hello and thank you for your kind words! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here! Hope to see you again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

• USA, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2017
6.3

The dorm looked pretty tattered and a little dirty. My sandals were also stolen from next to my bed while I was sleeeping. I wish they had an age restriction for the dorm because I could've sworn the older man sleeping across from me was semi-homeless.

Hello and thank you for your comments! Sorry to hear about your sandals! We do have a policy to just accept tourists at our place, and I don't think an age restriction would help to not let semi-homeless people in. Hope to see you again! Kind regards Backpackers Göteborg

• Argentina, Male, 18-24
29th Jun 2017
7.7

This Hostel was good for my stay. The price was OK and it was according to what the service were. The location is easy to reach by just one bus. The best part of this hostel is that they have a great pub crawl with a hilarious italian guy named Francesco. We had a blast together!