Backpackers Göteborg Reviews

Vegagatan 19, (Check in at Vegagatan 21), Gothenburg, Sweden

Overall it was pretty good. The 16 bed male dorm wasn't as bad as I would have thought - especially if you get a top bunk so you can close the curtain and have privacy. The bed itself was comfortable and I had no problems sleeping. They also have a pretty good kitchen/eating area, and lots of bathrooms.

Very nice hostel, had a great stay and I will definitely recommend it!

About 30 minutes by quickly foot from train/bus station, good kitchen, supermarket is near the hostel

really nice clean hostel, very calm almost as a hotel, but it was exactly what i needed at that time! Don't expect a lot of parties/ways to meet young people here, but the staff was supernice and helpful!!

Hello Thank you for the praise, The Staff

Reception lady was really lovely and helpful. Other than a lack of forks in the kitchen when we first arrived we had no issues at all and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

We enjoyed our stay at the Backpackers Hostel. The rooms were small but still equipped in a smart way, with compartments under the beds to store your stuff and little baskets and plugs at every bed. There was someone snoring really loudly in the room next to ours, but we thought it was rather soothing. The kitchen was functional: there were two stoves and two sinks, and everyone cleaned up after themselves, which I thought was great. The showers were good too, and the internet worked perfectly.

I like hostels because they offer reasonable prices with extras like a kitchen...this location met all my basic needs...I did not find any negatives in my stay...if you need a private room then obviously a hostel is not the right place...I would stay again...

The staff was really nice, polite and helpful. The bed was really confortable. In general, a really good place.

Thank you for a lovely stay-a quiet and clean hostel that had evrything a weary traveller needs!

• 22nd Aug 2014

It was the best hostel i´ve ever been. The staff was super friendly the kitchen was good to cook and the 2 person room was worth its money. I will come there for a second time.

I enjoyed staying here. It was clean, although I wondered how clean since guests are required to clean it themselves. The breakfast was really great and it had a sauna which was great after 2 straight days of rain. The atmosphere was quiet and, in my opinion, not ideal for meeting people. Overall I had a good stay there.

Very nice hostel: clean, friendly and helpful staff, everything is new, in good state, and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Good place to meet other travellers. There were plenty of bathrooms/showers and they were always clean. The only things I was missing: the promised curtains on the bunks (they were there in the male dorm but not the female) and a comfy couch in the sitting area. P.s. loved the sauna! It's free between 17.00 and 20.00 every day

• 20th Aug 2014

A really fun, welcoming backpackers. I ended up staying for an additional night after meeting some awesome people! Good location and facilities.

Hello Thank you for the nice comments! /the Staff

Vacuuming your own room?

In general it is a very nice hostel. As it was written down, you have to pay for your bedlinen and breakfast. But you also had to pay if you wanted to wash your clothes, or if you hadn't cleaned your room properly on the last day. So, for us there were unexpected hidden costs. But the staff was amazingly helpful!

Overall excellent hostel. I did, however, have a very difficult time getting into and out of the upper bunk in my dorm. The lower ones were already taken by the time I arrived, and I didn't stay there long enough to make it worth the effort to change bunks once the lower ones became available. The Internet connection also could have been better. I kept getting knocked off the Internet. Positive: I loved the privacy curtain on my upper bunk, breakfast was delicious, and staff was friendly.

The dorm is 10 meters from the traffic street so it was very noisy. The staff was wunderfull - trying to fix the problem with the noisy doors imidiately.

Hi Thank you for the praise, we do try. The central part of Göteborg, is a bit noisy, but when you live in the city you get used to it.

Over all, the stay was okay but the prices were inadequately high through Goliath Cup. Anyway, the cleaning personnel did not do a good job - there was an old bubblegum plastered to my bed as well as an old book lying in it. The rest of the cleaning was reasonably well, though one day there was toilet paper missing for half the day in the bathrooms. The one thing I especially want to compliment for was the excellent breakfast buffet, which really surprised me with it's quality and range of food

• 14th Jul 2014

Hello thank you we are rather proud of our breakfast. The Cup was an ordeal for our cleaning staff. It is usually much better.

Stayed here one night only. Didn't seem to be any problems. The hostel was full, everyone seemed pleased. It's far from the train station, the only problem

Very nice large Kitchen for your own cooking.