Backpackers Göteborg Reviews

Vegagatan 19, (Check in at Vegagatan 21), Gothenburg, Sweden

This was my first hostel experience and was a great one! Sleeping area and washroom facilities were all very clean!

• 19th Dec 2014

The hostel is not near the centre of town. A bus or tram ride in taking about 15 minutes. The rooms seem small for the number of occupants. Just the beds. No table or chair to sit at. A TV there but the lounge area, and kitchen areas are small. The showers and toilets are situated at the end of the kitchen and not close to the dorms. Staff were helpful and friendly. I would look elsewhere next time before coming back here. It would not be my first choice again.

Bad bad smell of foot odure in the hallway and doorms! Yuk

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Loved this hostel. Really welcoming staff and good crowd of other guests. The kitchen is very homely, so it's easy to self-cater. Sweden has some funny rules around buying alcohol - don't expect to get anything but beer after 3pm! But supermarket is very close. Breakfast in hotel side also caters to dairy-free dietary needs (thankfully). Sleeping arrangements are clean - sheets and towels have to be rented, but not expensive - people seem generally respectful. All positive!

Thenk you the nice comments!

The dorms were nice but the kitchen area stank weird. The stuff was super helpful!

Thank you for the praise! The smell came from food in the roof space. Some people have an odd sense of humor! It does not smell anymore! Best regards the Staff

Everyone from the staff to the other guests were amazingly friendly. As a single female traveller, I never felt unsafe, and actually made several friends in the week I was there. The lounge area next to the kitchen was a perfect place to hang out with a book, or to chat with new friends. It was lovely staying there, and I'd stay there again!

• 3rd Nov 2014

It's about a half hour walk south of the centre but a stone's throw from the park and natural history museum. You get the sheets for free if you book a dorm room but towels are still an extra 15SEK. Nice set up though, I'd stay here again.

Overall it was pretty good. The 16 bed male dorm wasn't as bad as I would have thought - especially if you get a top bunk so you can close the curtain and have privacy. The bed itself was comfortable and I had no problems sleeping. They also have a pretty good kitchen/eating area, and lots of bathrooms.

Front desk staff had fantastic suggestions about what to do and where to go.

Very nice hostel, had a great stay and I will definitely recommend it!

About 30 minutes by quickly foot from train/bus station, good kitchen, supermarket is near the hostel

really nice clean hostel, very calm almost as a hotel, but it was exactly what i needed at that time! Don't expect a lot of parties/ways to meet young people here, but the staff was supernice and helpful!!

Hello Thank you for the praise, The Staff

Reception lady was really lovely and helpful. Other than a lack of forks in the kitchen when we first arrived we had no issues at all and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

We enjoyed our stay at the Backpackers Hostel. The rooms were small but still equipped in a smart way, with compartments under the beds to store your stuff and little baskets and plugs at every bed. There was someone snoring really loudly in the room next to ours, but we thought it was rather soothing. The kitchen was functional: there were two stoves and two sinks, and everyone cleaned up after themselves, which I thought was great. The showers were good too, and the internet worked perfectly.

I like hostels because they offer reasonable prices with extras like a kitchen...this location met all my basic needs...I did not find any negatives in my stay...if you need a private room then obviously a hostel is not the right place...I would stay again...

The staff was really nice, polite and helpful. The bed was really confortable. In general, a really good place.

Thank you for a lovely stay-a quiet and clean hostel that had evrything a weary traveller needs!

• 22nd Aug 2014

It was the best hostel i´ve ever been. The staff was super friendly the kitchen was good to cook and the 2 person room was worth its money. I will come there for a second time.

I enjoyed staying here. It was clean, although I wondered how clean since guests are required to clean it themselves. The breakfast was really great and it had a sauna which was great after 2 straight days of rain. The atmosphere was quiet and, in my opinion, not ideal for meeting people. Overall I had a good stay there.

Very nice hostel: clean, friendly and helpful staff, everything is new, in good state, and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Good place to meet other travellers. There were plenty of bathrooms/showers and they were always clean. The only things I was missing: the promised curtains on the bunks (they were there in the male dorm but not the female) and a comfy couch in the sitting area. P.s. loved the sauna! It's free between 17.00 and 20.00 every day

• 20th Aug 2014