Backpackers HQ Reviews

174 Victoria St, Kings Cross, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I HIGHLY recommend this place. It's on the other side of the busy party street of kings cross so it's pretty quite. The atmosphere in there is incredible with all the trees. Staff is amazing as well. Great for the price. Backpackers who stay there are super friendly. Make sure you go across the street at holm cafe for a coffee, it's the best around!

• 14th Apr 2014

The best back packers I have ever stayed at . Didn't feel like a back packers more like a resort. Lots of work and effort has gone into making this a fabulous place to stay...Well done !

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Azerbaijan

This place is wonderful! Staff is soooo friendly! Isabella is soooo adorable! I was gonna stay for 3 nights, but i liked this place too much that i extended for another 2 night. 3 min walk to train station, very easy to get around. 5 min to supermarket, very convenient! You get to know a lot of people in the common area because it's really cozy to hang around there. The best hostel i've stayed in Australia. Definitely recommend it!

Hq has become a home away from home for me and I have used it as a Sydney base for travelling Australia and New Zealand.. I think it is very well situation both for walking everywhere in the city or for taking public transport!! The bedrooms and common areas are spacious and kept clean and tidy!! The staff are amazingly friendly and always willing to help aswell as have a laugh with you! I would always recommend HQ to my friends!

Staff were really friendly and helpful, breakfast always on time and plenty, and rooms and kitchen cleanest in kings cross!

Very clean and pleasant place. Rare to find a backpacker like this one in Sydney. I recommend it. Good value for money

Nice and clean

Pleasant stay with a great atmosphère. If you are looking for a place close to the city in a dynamic neighborhood its perfect

• 4th Apr 2014

Staff were great and the eating area is great. Very clean for the amount of people staying there

• 2nd Apr 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, would highly recommend staying here.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Saint Vincent And The Grenadines

You pay a deposit for everything and even need to give a credit card as security if you leave early. (It's not a problem, just cumbersome.) If you leave early (e.g. 7am Greyhound) the kitchen opening hours might lock your things in the fridge. The next store is 3 walking minutes away.

There's a balance in this hostel, you can get a good night sleep. Ppl mostly are respectful to others, quite, same time you can meet ppl that you can have a good chat with, chill but not too partying vibe. Friendly vibe I'd say. It's clean and new with free breakfast, although it's not much and getting boring with the cereal and milk everyday, but it helps ppl who are on budget. You can meet friendly ppl here. The cup thing is weird and they charge 10 if you lose it. First I thought it's agift.

I liked the locaion, just a 15 minut walk from center of the city. The hostel is beautiful, free wifi worked well and breakfast was ok. It included toast, cereal, milk and fruit. Hostel is clean. There are deals available for people who stay a week or more. People were really nice. Very good value for money, i recommend this hostel!

A really nice hostel in Sydney's Kings Cross. Easy to get to the city and close to nightlife scene but no loud noises. The furniture inside and in the backyard is colourful and pretty, the rooms small but clean with lockers for everybody. Great backyard with BBQ and a comfortable l ounge room.

Perfect location and atmosphere! I definitely felt like home away from home and did not want to leave which is the reason for me still being here after seven weeks :)

Free breakfast in the morning and free wifi were a treat. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful. It's just a shame our room was right next to the common area and due to no A/C we had to keep the window open so we could here the other guests shouting well into the morning. If you stay here get a private room away from the kitchen area.

Really easy to find especially from the airport. It's right next to the train station. Though it is unfortunately the red light district of Sydney. It was lots of bars and clubs for backpackers but we never let a girl walk home solo as it just wasn't safe. I stayed in the 8bed mixed dorm and although it was really sociable & the rooms were ok in size. The ensuite was manageable but needed somewhere to put your clothes. One of the major issues I had was that there was no plug next to bed.

This is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in for a long time. So nice infant that I keep extending my stay. My room is a little messy but I'm staying in a 10 bed dorm so that's to be expected. The shared areas in the hostel like the courtyard and tv room are always really tidy and nice to hang out in. The free BBQ is incredible! The free breakfast is pretty good too, worth getting up for. The only downside is the speed of the wifi. It's pretty poor, I tend to go to a wifi shop instead.

Despite its good location there is nothing much to enjoy in this hostel. The room was dirty, especially under the beds with a very old, small and dirty batton. No mosquitonet at the window. The cleaning Lady only came to change the garbage bag - at 8 am!!!! At Night the Kirchen Area was invaded by cockroaches. The owners Seem Not to invest a Lot of money in the maintainence of the Place. Not enough breakfast bowls and Toasters. The Price for Washing is ridiculous as is the refund System!

• 17th Jan 2014

The kitchen was a bit small and in the evening it was often full of people cooking or just hanging around, so space was a problem. I also wondered about the security; the front door to the hostel was open most of the day and they only locked it in the evening.

• 16th Jan 2014