Backpackers HQ

8.0
Fabulous 1073 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2017

Nice hostel, clean and well run

• Canada, Female, 18-24
25th Apr 2017

Really enjoyed this hostel, really close to the city and nice group of people staying.

• Turkey, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

Except for last couple of minutes, the hostel was great! Before I leave from hostel to the Sydney Airport, the receptionist told me the wrong shuttle hour (he wrote 7.50 in order to 7.15 on my shuttle ticket) and the shuttle which is the last one was left!! It wasn't my mistake and they didn't compensate my money for traveling the taxi. I really like the hostel but the last occurrence makes me annoying !!!

16th Apr 2017
7.1

The guy who checked me in was very unfriendly, very unhelpful and just watched my struggle to get my bag up the stairs. Any decent human would have offered to help. The lady who I checked out with was however the complete opposite so she saved this rating. Was only here for a night so didn't use the kitchen, the restrooms were a bit crappy though. Pretty much all long term backpackers. No where to put stuff in the rooms however did have a storage locker. Good wifi which worked in the rooms.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2017

Such a nice hostel! Stayed a few nights, staff was always very friendly and helpful, good location, free breakfast, WiFi got fixed so is working fine in the whole building now. Moreover it seems more like a big family house than a hostel what's creating a great atmosphere! All in all it's a great value for money. I really enjoyed my stay :)

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2017
6.9

For the money you pay here I don't really think it's worth it. There's signs everywhere telling you what you can't do. I didn't really like the atmosphere as i constantly overheard staff complaining about the guests. If you're going to have conversations about guests do it in private. I also didn't really feel that welcome by staff.

• England, Couple, 31-40
1st Apr 2017
6.6

This hostel is difficult to review - the first room we were in was good but when had to move rooms, the shower was cramped and dirty. All the beds squeak so much, no one could move in the night without waking everyone up! I asked for the shower to be cleaned, it was, but it wasn't cleaned again. The social area was nice, closed promptly at 10pm which was good. There were lots of long term residents who were up at 5am each day so there should be dorms for long term residents and short term stay.

• England, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2017

A great hostel in such a good location. Everything is clean and there is a good common area and courtyard. However there were so many rules: no music, no using the kitchen after 9.30, 3 minute showers, not supposed to drink outside, etc. This sucked the fun out of the place a bit. And the wifi is absolutely NOT high speed - it sucks!

• France, Couple, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
6.0

Very disappointed by this hostel. The dorms are such a mess, we could not even find a place to put our backpacks. A lot of long-term residents live here and were not very welcoming once they knew we stayed only for a week. The facilities are ok. The staff is not friendly though. On arrival they will ask you a bond of 40$ pp to cover the blanket, the key and a useless mug to drink your coffee (bowls are also provided for breakfast ...). Someone stole ours and we had to pay for it. Breakfast is ok

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2017

Great people and overall vibes!