8.2
Fabulous 966 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 966 Total Reviews
Backpackers HQ Located at 174 Victoria St, Kings Cross, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2011 174 Victoria St, Kings Cross
82% 966
-33.8729988 151.2227082
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
19th Jan 2017

Third time I have stayed here, is a really cool hostel, Close to everything and with a friendly crowd. Would highly recommend

15th Jan 2017
8.0

This was my first ever hostel and I thought it was pretty clean. Only a few flies here and there. We lucked out and were in room 15 which had its own shower and toilet. The beds were SUPER squeaky though. The atmosphere wasn't too inviting and the staff were okay at best.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jan 2017

Loved it. Great location. Awesome wifi. Close to train. Spacious room. Beautiful courtyard.Kitchen can get a little crowded but I would definitely recommend. I'll be back.

12th Jan 2017
7.7

Good location right next to Kings Cross station. We stayed in a 14 bed dorm room which wasn't great... not a lot of space and very hot and stuffy to sleep in. The staff are friendly, the rooms have lockers and there is a free breakfast. I would stay here again but not in the 14 bed dorm

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th Jan 2017
7.4

Hostel is a 5min train from central or you can walk which we did a few times! The hostel is nice but not very sociable and it is very strict so try and avoid those $50 fines for not washing a plate! We met the guy that run it and he was very friendly and welcoming, it has good wifi and we were in a room with a bathroom next door the showers downstairs are more powerful! However we did notice a sign that labelled the maximum capacity per room ours said 8 people but ours actually had 14 people!

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
9th Jan 2017
8.0

The hostel had great common areas and free breakfast was a definite plus! The dorms could really use having air con, I know it's the one thing everyone there wants. Wifi was brilliant and even works in the rooms. Hostel just a minutes walk from the train station! Not a party hostel but still social.

31st Dec 2016
5.7

The bathroom was moldy! In several places. And the wall outside the bathroom. Smelled dirty and sweaty. Room 1 is next to the second gate of entry and right off the courtyard. It's super super loud. And there isn't a cross breeze. So on the hot days it's hard to get air in the room. I would never go there again or recommend it.

• England, Male, 31-40
28th Dec 2016
6.9

Friendly greeting and felt welcome but even considering this is a hostel there could be improvements made to the rooms decor and facilties. The beds are comfortable enough but they are so creaky that I felt guilty for getting in or out of bed or even making small movements. Also there is no air con so be prepared to be very hot and sweaty on hot days. I was sharing a room with 3 others guys and 2 of them live there and so it felt like I was living in someone's space and not quite my own.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016
8.0

Great hostel, generally pretty clean (there were a fair few cockroaches in the garden but that's kings cross for you!). The wifi was free and was actually pretty fast, free breakfast was basic but a definite plus. The only thing that brought the rating down for my was value because I stayed over new year so it cost a stupid amount but usually I think it's pretty reasonable. Would definitely stay again.

• wanderlustchlo
  • England, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
8.0

Nice little hostel, great location in kings cross. Right next to the train station. staff were mostly friendly. Very strict with visitors rules, which is good when you get roommates bringing people back in the night. Free BBQ was a great touch! Nice and bright just a bit hot at times, as kitchen/dunking area is kind of like a big greenhouse. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would go back on my return to Sydney !