Backpackers HQ Reviews

174 Victoria St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Nice clean, friendly hostel. Staff were excellent and was great value for money compared to other hostels in Sydney. Great transport links with the train station only about 30 m walk

• 17th Oct 2015

Really nice place. 2min by walk from King cross station, 20min by walk from the opera, good location. Rooms are nice and clean. Staff is helpful. I'd recommend this hostel!

The first good thing is that the rooms stayed the same price despite the fact it was the long weekend. Couple of negatives, the kitchen and terrace area closes very early (10pm) and one of the showers dripped very cold water. The bunk beds could all do with replacing as they squeak very loudly when you move slightly. Also on arrival I had to make my own bed. Now the good points. Free wifi and breakfast, very close to train station and nice chilled atmosphere. There's more but run out of space.

The hostel is well decorated, clean and friendly. I would highly recommend staying here to a friend that may want a quiet time. I am travelling alone, and have found it difficult to socialise here due to lack of planned activities in the evening, when compared to other hostels I have stayed at in the area and also in Melbourne.

Very nice backpackers, good recommendation !

• 8th Sep 2015

The staff were exceptionally friendly, helpful and welcoming. The courtyard area was lovely and had a good feel to it. The breakfast selection was great and there was a lot of it. The kitchen could get slightly cramped when everyone else was in there. My main misgiving was the lack of doors on the bathrooms for privacy purposes, especially as they went onto the dining areas. Good location for Kings Cross Station.

Love this hostel! Only thing we didn't like was we had cockroaches in our room. The staff was very good about it though! The sprayed right away... Offered to move rooms etc! They really made us feel welcome!

best hostel I stayed at!