Backpackers Holiday Village Reviews

116 Jonson St, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

Don't rely on the shuttle service. We arrived at 7pm at the bus station and had to walk the 2 km to the hostel with heavy backpacks. The hostel itself is fine, we had a twin room (basically an apartment, with one other twin room) clean, comfy beds and good staff. If you arrive in Surfers and don't know where the hostel is- take the Tram to the 'Florida Gardens' stop and you can see the hostel from there

Generally filthy place, especially kitchen. Stoves not really working - you have to use 5-10 mins just to try getting the gasstoves lit. The atmosphere wasn't good either - just a lot of groups or single persons having enough in themselves.. No community as you will experience in a lot of other hostels. It's OK if you just need a place to stay one night, but I wouldn't recommend it for longer stays.

Very poor only thing going for it was the location, the rooms was like prison cells, staff quite argumentative at times.

Nice hostel. No lockers but really friendly vibe and didn't seem like a big deal. everyone gets together at the big table in the middle or the pool before going out. Close to the beach and everything else you need. Awesome friendly Canadian staff are always around with all the answers.

The hostel was good overall, but more for younger people who like partying. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms we're ok, kitchen inside (we stayed in an appartment with two bedrooms) was a bit dirty, as well as the bathroom.

Good for travellers, free wifi and hire of surfboards and bikes is great!!!

Great hostel! Internet works during office hours, clean, lots of showers, big kitchen, good vibe, the owner is extremely nice, 10 minute walk to beach, close to all bars and food!

Awesome hostel. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Great location, short walk down the road from the beach and shops, bars etc. Woolworths right next door. Good evening activities in the courtyard make it really sociable. Deposits for things were a little expensive but hey its a deposit you get it back.

Great place to stay in Byron Bay! Staff super friendly and accomodatig, free board hire, hostel BBQ on Saturdays, super close to groceries...an awesome place! I would definitely recommend it to others!

Could not recommend this hostel more! It's in the perfect location, has a great atmosphere and the staff are so much fun and always organising something.

A very clean, but expensive Hostel with a good atmosphere. Short ways to beach and supermarket.

I stayed in a mixed dorm of 4. There is no where to lock individual things within the room such as wallet/ phone. I had no issues with this but just something to note. The hostel is super social, they hold barbeques two times a week and the set up is great to meet people and have a drink. Room and linen were very clean, and the shared bathrooms were okay in terms of cleanliness. I would recommend staying here especially if you're travelling alone, and it's in a great location!

Great atmosphere. Nice hostel Well located in byron

There is absolutely NO air con. My friend and I stayed in one room in an apartment that was shared with two 18 year old German boys. Despite this fact, we had to sleep in our bikinis because it was just too hot. There was only one tiny fan in the room that was mounted at the top of a wall (that did not hit any of us) for the entire room. The lack of air con really was the biggest issue. Other than that, the staff were friendly and the BBQ on Friday was fun.

Great atmosphere in the hostel, very sociable and fun. Easy access to getting around Byron; bike rentals, surfboards etc. Friendly and fun staff!

• 9th Jan 2015

Fantastic hostel, kept pretty clean with nice sized rooms - only improvement would be lockers in the rooms. The staff were awesome, super friendly and very helpful. Lots of free stuff to use - surfboards, bikes, plates etc! Lovely common area, really sociable. Only negative was dripping showers - waste of water! Please fix!

Great hostel with a good vibe. Nice parties and bbq's (that will always end at 22:30, so you could get some sleap if you want). The staff was like a small family from Canada (don't expect that you could join this family thow) but very friendly and ready to help!

I made a mistake with my booking. When I arrived there were no bed available. One of the staff members gave me his bed. Incredibly nice and so helpful! I would definitely go back there!

• 8th Jan 2015

We were really lucky and were put in one of the apartments when we arrived instead of just the dorms; this meant we shared a kitchen/bathroom/lounge with just a couple of others. The staff were always taking over the pool area drinking

Good place to stay for a few nights. A little far too the beach, but close to shops and restaurants.