Backpackers Holiday Village Reviews

116 Jonson St, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

I generally really liked it here. One staff member (male) could be very abrupt and occasionally rude. However, all the other staff made up for it as they couldn't do enough for you. A lovely lady called Becky helped me lots. I really liked the apartments that they put you in. It's still hosteling with strangers but feels more like a little house share or more exclusive. The facilities were pretty good. I felt the kitchens lacked a few basics. Like a wash matt and a soap dispenser or a hair dryer

really nice to have your own lurched between 8 people and free surf board is cool.

I've stayed at allot of hostels & ive never been in a more friendly and fun environment then this one! Staff are there to help with anything & everything

• 13th Nov 2015

The guy who was in the reception in Saturday morning was so rude with my friend and me. I think for the price that we paid we deserve a little bit of respect!! Other stuff were nice!!!

Was good:) no room to have your dinner inside though, incase it is raining like it was when we were there

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. One big picnic table which everyone gets to know each other, there's awesome deals at the bar for guests here, free surfboard rentals... Was supposed to stay for a few nights and made it a few weeks. There's also a wild lizard who inhabits the area known as Larry. Would recommend!

• 4th Nov 2015

Absolutely loved it here! The staff and other guests were all really friendly and fun! Excellent hostel

I loved this hostel & Byron bay, relaxed atmosphere an the apartments were great.

The hostel was nice and we would recommend this, we got free stuff for the club across the road and there was perks with being a hostel member however the receptionist was very grumpy and unfriendly when we arrived, he did not make us feel welcome.

The hostel was quite clean with great facilities. We shared our apartment with a 4 bed dorm but it was great to meet new people to party with instead of stay by ourselves in a hotel! I would recommend 4 nights, as on the last night we were wanting some privacy on our 5 night stay.

The hostel was very clean and in a great location. Everyone receives a massive discount at cheeky monkeys bar and restaurant located directly across the road from the hostel. I got a burger, beer and fries for $6 which is just insane and it's a cracking wee bar to drink in too. They also organise Lighthouse and Nimbin tours which are worth doing if your in Byron for a few days.

I ended up in a smaller unit where only 6 people shared a bathroom and kitchen which was great. It was also further away from all the noise of the main road and common area, so it made for a good nights sleep.

Loved my time at Holiday Village, I wish I could have stayed longer! The deposits are no big deal and does a lot to keep the kitchen clean. No lockers but the room doors lock automatically so it was no big deal. Very easy to meet people in the outdoor common but I also LOVED that they closed those areas at 10:30 so people could actually sleep. Only complaint was the limited hours WiFi on make it hard to communicate with family when there is a huge time difference between Byron and home.

Overall it was a good place to stay, however we encountered some rude behaviour from the staff. Which is a bit of a downfall as the atmosphere was great and right across from the bar Cheeky Monkeys. Although, it was a bit of a far walk to the beach if you're planning on carrying the free surf boards.

It's a bit of a walk to the beach, 35 min, but I was okay with that bc they have free bikes to hire and it is a nice walk. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but they were nice enough. Overall, good stay. Would recommend for people who do not wish to stay in the center of everything.

Great hostel near the centre of Byron Bay. Big tables outside to kitchen are good for meeting people. The hostel is close to Cheeky Monkeys, Woodys Surf Shack and the Railway Pub which are all worth a visit.

Great atmosphere, perfect and easy to meet new people, it is a bit away from the beach, which is no problem because u can walk to the beach in 5 minutes. Free bike and surfboards! It is on the opposite to the most popular club in town, but still very quiet at night, the staff makes sure to enforce this. Facilties and rooms are cleaned daily. Only drawback: the free WiFi does not reach the rooms, only acessible in check-in/lounge area & no lockers in rooms. Would definitely stay there again.

Cool hostel in a courtyard, good atmosphere and friendly staff.

Good location. The hostel is near shops, restaurants, Woolworths supermarket and a 5 minute walk to the Greyhound bus stop. It's about a 10 minute walk to the beach. The hostel has a small pool, picnic tables and a TV room lounge. There is also a popular backpacker bar called Cheeky Monkey's across the street from the hostel. They offer free surf board and bike rentals, but there is a $20 bike deposit and $50 surf board deposit. Plus, there is a $30 deposit for a room key.

Amazing experience! Great staff, got a free pick up and a free tour around the town!!